Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Busch Light - Anheuser-Busch

Busch LightBusch Light

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 375 | Hads: 1,463

Appearance - Inexcusably watered down with a bubbly faint apple-juice or urine hue. No head and very little lacing. This looks awful.

Smell - What smell? Just smells bad, man.

Taste - This is the most watery-tasting beer I have ever had in my entire life. I don't taste anything that resembles a quality of a beer at ALL. This reminds me of unfiltered water from an impoverished country. Disgusting. I'm pouring the rest of this out.

Mouthfeel and Drinkability - For some reason, I decided that I just had to try this. Never again. What an awful beer. ZERO lager characteristics, let alone beer properties in general.

I used to go to a now defunct pizza joint in Greenville, n.c., they had this on tap, warm for $1/pitcher. No flavor, no nothing. I am no aficionado, but this is the beer of college students and people who hate their kidneys. Avoid at all costs, please.

Christ, is this beer?

Hmm, well they were playing beer pong at the party, there was only this by the case...

Pours pale amber with some head. Smells like skunk and alcohol, nothing else. Tastes like seltzer that's been sitting for a freaking long ass time. But, I think I detected the slightest hint of wheat. It may have been my imagination. Mouthfeel is most certainly like seltzer. Drinkable? If you're playing beer pong sure. Otherwise, I think I wasted the minutes of my life drinking this.

Terrible. Only to be enjoyed by 'bros' who want to simply drink to get drunk. There is literally nothing positive to say. Many cite the low price as a pro, but I don't agree as I say it isn't even worth that.

Think of Bud Light. Now take away anything you might attribute to it in a positive light. Now double all the negatives. Add a little weasel piss and you have Busch Light.

Ah, the ignorance of childhood. I remember my friend's mom used to buy this in bulk for us when I was in High School. Didn't care then. Just wanted to get drunk. Nowadays, you would not get me drinking this no matter how many other beers I've already had. The slightest taste of watery piss swill makes me nauseous now. Whether it's Natty, Keystone or this A-B abomination doesn't matter. Save your money for half decent beer. Leave this for frat houses and shitty moms to buy for their kids and their friends.

Tall can. Poured a few ounces into a mini pint glass.

A: Water I'd expect to see pour out of a third world faucet.

S: Nothing.

T: Nothing.

M: Nothing.

D: Could I be more productive with this review? Doubt it. Never, ever pick up this faux malted beverage.

Allllllllright, this is something you give to an enemy to drink. I can't emphasize the blandness/wateriness of this stuff. My girlfriend's dad drinks it and he's a trucker(not that there's anything wrong with that). Maybe that would show that he doesn't really get into tasteing beers and what not. Reviews; Appearance: What appearance, looks like water with some carbonated foam on it. Smell: Smells like teen spirit or skunky water, which ever you want. Taste: Taste is as bad as the smell, if not worse, because you are subjecting your body to it. Mouthfeel: Ah, I don't feel like doing the last two. Just don't waste your money!

Had this one at a BBQ as this was the only choice available. Busch Light is a horrible beer that has no flavor whatsoever. The beer pours a light yellow, and it has barely any head. Busch is one of those beers that isn't worth trying as the taste is very watery, having a glass of water afterwards, you wouldn't even tell the difference. As a light beer, it's not a beer I would recommend, stick with a PBR instead.

This is my first review.. probably because i wanted to start from the bottom up. If you are are a freshy walking the streets at night from party to party with your backpack of cans aiming to pwn some girls that won't know any better if it tastes like alzheimer's in a can or something dece then by all means. As soon as you grow some and realize that it's not just about trying to eek your way in to adulthood this beer is not going to help you in anyway to develop your taste for beer. It's good for those times when people just don't care what they're drinking,and the lights are all fluorescent black, but there is a reason that even my mom knows "Busch-league" as an insult.

Appearance - lackluster, clear and watery

Smell - bland and metallic

Taste - it seriously has no flavor to overpower the taste of the can, which doesn't take much

Mouthfeel - very light, thin, and watery

Drinkability - I used to think I didn't like beer because I was drinking the wrong beer, it was fun while it lasted, but I've graduated for good.

Thanks (I think?) to a great Town of Esopus recycler, who shall remain nameless, for tipping Brian and I of a case of these 16 oz. cans.

A sickly, pale, light straw, topped by a half hearted off white head, which fades quickly, and, with its absence, leaves the pilsner glass appearing to hold the carbonated urine specimen of a terminally ill diabetic.

Smell is an almost non existent aroma of corn and sugar, as lacking in bouquet as the Gobi desert is lacking in rainforest. What smell there is reminds me of bus station bathrooms.

The taste of this is an undersexed, deformed, stunted, alien facsimile of what real beer tastes like. I'd like to describe the malt bill, but there isn't one, or the hop profile, but I think they didn't use hops in this recipe. I mean it, none. I get a very light artificial tasting graininess, and a sort of watery, fizzy thing going on, like someone tried to make beer-flavored soda and only put a quarter of the proper amount of artificial ingredients into the mix.

What is the use of justifying a score for mouthfeel for a beer better suited to use as slug trap than for enjoyment.

Drinkability is... well I just poured the rest of this vile substance down the drain.

This is the first time I have gotten something for free and ended up feeling I overpaid.

Ummmm, yes I have tried it before. Don't tell anyone please.

appearance: light yellow, to basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, clear refresher

mouthfeel: very high carbonation

drinkability: very easy. only good for long hot days.

A: Light straw Hey I can see thru to the other side. What head.

S: BAAADDDD skunky. Malts and corn and all around filth.

T: See taste.

M: Light, hate to say it again but it is the best way to describe these Macro brews Alka Seltzer.

D: AAAHhhh Humbug.

Graduation party.poured a pale yellow, with a white head. from the (shudder) can aroma weak corn , wheat, and not much of anything else. flavor weak corn, wheat.I have had better water. I just do not see the attraction to this beer, it was a waste of time to even open the can.

This was the first beer I ever had in my life. It almost turned me off of drinking beer forever. Thank god that didn’t happen, and that I discovered good beer.

I recently had this ‘beer’ again, and tried it wondering if my remembrances of it tasting like cat piss mixed with cow semen were somehow misleading because it was my first beer, something that is, without a doubt, a slightly acquired taste. But sadly, it was not, and I am now writing this review in case someone wishes to choose this beer as their first beer. Don’t do it. Unless you like drinking piss. In which case, this will probably be your favorite beer.

The appearance was like piss. And I don’t mean like ‘yellow’ after eating something with lots of vitamin C in it. I mean what it looks like when I piss after I’ve had a lot of beer. It’s a pale yellow, so very pale, with a large white fluffy head that then suddenly drops back to nothingness such that if you blink you won’t even realize there is a head there at all.

It smells bready slightly. You can smell some sort of stale malt. Maybe that’s corn I smell? Can’t really be sure, it’s not at all pleasant smelling and reminds me of something I would smell if a bread factory was put next to a sewage treatment facility.

It tastes like, well, beer flavored piss basically. There isn’t much taste there, it’s like water soaked with bread and corn. But what taste that is there, I can’t describe. Just imagine the worst bready, corn tasting thing you can imagine mixed with cat piss, and then multiply that. Not by a hundred, not by a thousand, not even by a million, but a billion. Just make it awful.

Mouth feel – like water with a little carbonation… nothing there, really.

This is probably the worst beer I’ve ever had, ever will have, and it should never be made, bought, or tasted by anyone again except we should give it to child molesters and rapists to drink as punishment. There is nothing here. It is a quasi-beer, a fake, a pseudo, almost non-alcoholic. IT IS A FRAUD I TELL YOU! Don’t drink this, unless you enjoy the taste of cat piss!

Busch Light
12 oz can
Recent brewing, endured 10/06
Medium pour in a shot glass, the rest slugged down from a can.

Poured light yellow with a small fizzy quickly diminishing head.

Smelt of light metal, corn and diacetyl.

Taste was upfront light sweet corn and metal, followed by a moderately sweet breadiness with almost no finish. Mouthfeel was light bodied, watery, fizzy, metallic, and some astringency.

Overall, everything is too faint, with some sweet kick at the end to dupe the drinker into thinking its good. It's just sweet watery light alcohol. Pass on this. Please.

1.03/5  rDev -46.9%

Possibly the worst beer every made. It is probably some where around 99 percent water and 1 percent alcohol. Every time you drink this beer it is insanely overpowered by carbonation and bad taste. This beers only purpose in life is to get brain-dead high school and college kids drunk. It is truly a headache in a can.

1.03/5  rDev -46.9%

How can I review a beer so horrible, It's macrogarbage at its worst. I don't even care to think about how bad this is, one taste will tell you, damn what am I thinking and drinking. Stick to WATER as with all AB products, it doesn't matter which beer it is Dry, Ice, Original, or Light. They are all lousy and of poor quality and that born on date doesn't matter if you drank it from the brewery itself.

1.03/5  rDev -46.9%

At the local bar at my college, you could buy 14 drafts of these for 3.50. Quarters night was great. Of course, it wasn't 16oz drafts, more like 6-8 oz, it did cost a quarter, but that was a serious amount of beer for a seriously low amount of money. Of course, it tasted good, right? It had to have tasted good, because me and my friends would have races to finish the entire tray of 14 beers.

Pale, clear yellow. Fizzy. Insipid looking.

Smells kinda musty/musky.

Tastes like dirty water. A sad puddle. I never really ever let this beer warm, because it's horrible when you do. You know a beer is great when the only palatable way to drink it is 14 in a minute.

It's light bodied, Captain Obvious. There's a lot of carbonation. It isn't drinkable.

Great memories.

1.03/5  rDev -46.9%

Pours with a bit of color and leaves the tiniest white head. Smells like weak amount of grain--a covered silo from a few miles away. Tastes like a bit of grain but mostly husk. Flavor is almost immediately washed away by the excess carbonation. It's like they don't want you to taste it. Unusual. Drinks like carbonated water with some cardboard and old rice.

1.03/5  rDev -46.9%

This brew pours a clear ligth straw color. It looks more like tinted water than beer. The only redeming quality it has is that it did have a nice sized flfuuy head for about ten seconds before it faded away into nothing. There is absolutely no lacing. There is no aroma to this beer. The taste is exactly like the aroma, nothing. I normally prefer to uses the phrase light bodied over thin bodied when discribing a beer's mouthfeel, as it caries more positive connotations. This beer, however, is clearly thin bodied. Overall, this is a beer I would wish upon my enemies.

1.03/5  rDev -46.9%

why have I chosen to pick this beer up again and actually try at imbibing it? its not a pleasant experience and why I have chosen to go through it again is not something I can explain.

The appearance is of an off gold dull color. Bubbles rise to the top. The head is minimal and...now nonexistent. It just looks really dull and unpleasant to me.

The smell is of water. I may smell a bit of hops but my nose deceives me as Im trying to be optimistic.

My family knows this beer really well and describe it as "cold pisswater". this is not wrong as I kind get the tone of urine.

The taste gives the taste of water and the tone, again, of urine.
The mouthfee is harsh. its pretty carbonated and not too drinkable.

I really dislike it. The only taste there is is of urine and water and carbonation. The people this beer is for is those who just want to get drunk for cheap, but still there are better cheap beers out there than this crap. I hate to be blunt but I cannot get over the dislike I have for it.

If you want a cheap light lager, go to keystone light, miller light, or even bud light. Avoid this one as well as Coors light. Sorry thats just as blunt as you have to be about these two. Avoid Busch light.

1.05/5  rDev -45.9%

Went through a small phase of Busch Light in college, but quickly "upgraded" to Natural Light. Yep, many years ago as a broke college student it was often Busch or Natural... and I usually chose Natural. What does that tell you?

Pale color, musty, corny, grainy and quite watery.

1.06/5  rDev -45.4%

I had this on tap at a party. I drank it in a pint glass.

This beer is hardly even yellow! Incredible! When I tapped this, it had a one finger head of white bubbles. By the time I sat down, the head had vanished. Looks fizzy.

"Aroma" is very faint DMS, and very faint raw grains if I work real hard.

The "flavor" is sulfur compounds, nasty, with almost no residual sugar, making this one dry, ugly sumbitch.

The mouthfeel is just strong fizz, and that's about it. It's like a mouthfull of fire extinguisher foam.

This is the worst beer I have ever tasted.

1.08/5  rDev -44.3%

Poured from a 12 oz. can into a Krušovice pilsner glass.

Appearance: Pours a translucent pale golden color with lots of carbonation bubbles. Has a very thin, fizzy head that dissipates almost immediately and leaves almost no discernible lacing.

Smell: Ugh...I've never found a beer where the smell was actually offensive. Well, here it is folks. Smells sickly sweet with a pungent grain smell that really turns my stomach. Good thing that most of the time I drink these, it's straight from the can and I can't catch a whiff of it.

Taste: Again, awful. Pretty much anything with taste has been stripped from this beer to create a slightly bitter, highly carbonated, water-like beverage. Very metallic tasting as well.

Mouthfeel: Thin, watery, way too over-carbonated.

Drinkability: I guess in the strict sense of the word these are very drinkable. In a party atmosphere, I could pound tons of these and not even notice. Nevertheless, this is a tasteless, offensive beer in every sense and understanding of the words. I actually find this more offensive than the standard BMC light beers (Bud, Coors, and Miller Lites) and even worse than Natty Light. Man, this is bad...

1.08/5  rDev -44.3%

Poured from a can into a glass.

A-average straw color that you see in these types of beer. Very little head.

S-Hints of metal and maybe some grains, maybe. Not alot going on here at all.

T-Bad. Even for what this kind of beer is it is bad. I am trying to be nice but this is so watery and lacking anything you could call flavor.

M- High carbonation and goes down smooth I guess for how light it is.

O-Not a good beer at all. One of, if not, the worst beer I have ever had. There is little to complement here. Go drink a real beer.

Busch Light from Anheuser-Busch