Join our email list →

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Light Lager | 4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 378 | Hads: 1,485
1.63/5  rDev -16%

Tastes just like college. Beer of choice at Washington State University (Go Cougs!). Not the best but hey it'll get the job done. Gotta drink a fair amount, but it'll do.

1.92/5  rDev -1%

- Can to spiegelau ipa glass. (sic).

A: Pristine fine print clarity with the palest of straw color shows a modest rise of macro-carbonation bubbles. Head coloring was chalky white, with a rather short rate of retention. Very minimal lace coverage leaves not much of standing visual.

S: Fresh dried corn, some grains, very faint aroma, short duration.

T: Corny flavor, dried corn, some dried grains, not much else to report here.

M: Mouthful was a bit crisp, light bodied as expected, turns a bit washy on longer holds. Lightly flowery and dried graininess remains behind.

O: Consumed cold. Overall was not offensive, rather lackluster as to be expected. Some corny flavor, which turned more so upon warming, some crispness, but still found myself struggling to finish about 3/4 of the way through. I have no trouble downing bombers of high abv beers (14-16%), but find it amusing i still sissy sip at times such a light non-offensive beer. I still struggle to try to define what a macro american lager should be, or what it possibly could be as the few mass produced examples there are, are so generic with little distinguishablity between them. Preference aside, not my favorite style, but still think there is plenty of room for improvement without losing identity.

1.91/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Being in college I end up drinking a lot of light beers due to the cheaper price, and this one was not too great, it has a very metallic and sweet flavor and combined it does not taste very good. On the bright side they're easy to drink fast.

1.68/5  rDev -13.4%

appearance-very clear and very fizzy.

smell-smells like beer is all that comes to mind on this one

taste- tastes very watery and just not good. very sweet though but not in a good way. no hops at all and definatly very smooth even though its bad

feel-watery and fizzy and very smooth

overall-this is the official get drunk beer. it tastes like water and goes down about as easy.

Go from one of the better beers I've had for 800th beer, to likely the worst with number 801.

Probably the worst beer I've ever had, and I've had plenty of shitty beers. Had this at my girlfriend's cousin's wedding since it was the only beer available ... I would have taken anything other than this, honestly. While everyone else thought it tasted like water, it tasted like a piss-poor excuse for a light beer with a fairly significant metallic flavor and smell (this was from a keg). The only flavor outside of that was some corn, and it was faint.

Rarely do I have a beer that I think actually tastes pretty bad -- there's just a tendency that light beers like these just taste like nothing. This one's metallic flavor and smell is off-putting. This gets a 2 overall just because, well... it'll getcha DRUNK!

1.62/5  rDev -16.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Busch Light pours a clear golden color, with no head. There is a mellow aroma, very grainy. The taste is very grainy, and is soapy. Surprising, its a little stronger then other similar beers. Very flat feel. Overall its a tough one to drink.

2.21/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

Reviewed from notes. Horrible rice flavor, watery and off putting aroma in this one. Balance is off and seems something was left out of the brewing process. Leaves a bad aftertatste..

2.7/5  rDev +39.2%

A friend recently offered me one of these out of his fridge- a leftover from another friend at a recent gathering.

I drank it straight out of the can during my lunch break in the midst of a warm day. The flavor is more or less like regular Busch, very smooth, but with perhaps even less body. It was very drinkable, quenched my thirst, and was definitely watery and light.

I would never buy this beer, but this freebee was drinkable (I will buy Busch in extreme duress, such as when working or traveling through podunk towns in Wyoming). My main beef is the almost total lack of flavor.

2.43/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

This poured a watery golden yellow color with a large head that quickly dissipated. I could smell some grains and taste wise it is very watered down with a hint of corn. I probably would not drink again.

1.91/5  rDev -1.5%

This is not a great beer, heck it isn't even a good beer. But it does have a few redeeming qualities: first, it is cheap. Second, it has some alcohol in it and third it can be refreshing on a hot day. Is it chock full of hops and malt. . . . nope. It is a light golden colored water with some alcohol in it. Who should drink this beer? college kids, people on fixed incomes or guys like me. Who occasionally have a need to swill a bunch of beer to "get back to their roots" and relive their youth. LOL other than that, avoid this beer.

Tastes like light vomit in a can. Seriously, I am not sure how people drink this stuff. There is nothing pleasant here.

Would Drink Again: No
Would Purchase Again: No

2.45/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

I have more of these than I'd like to admit. Pretty much flavored alcohol water. For the money, better than Bud or Miller light. For a long golf day or fantasy football draft, not the worst option.

2.27/5  rDev +17%

This is a bad beer. But to me it's like watching Plan 9 from outer space, its so bad that it's enjoyable in a weird way. I don't think that it's good but when it's ice cold and its put in from of you it's a great time to exclaim "screw it" and throw one back.

2.55/5  rDev +31.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.5

The worst beer I've ever had. Tastes just like it costs. So flat and absolutely no flavors other than a little corn. Would only recommend if you didn't have enough money for a better beer.

2.43/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

4/16/15 (Can) - Very pale white pour, minimal head, carbonation or scent. Taste very light, some hops and corn. Feels very easy going down, like ice cold water on a warm summer day. OK offering if you are staying light.

4.98/5  rDev +156.7%

The finest of historical lagers, found myself a 2007 vintage that my wife surprisingly cellared for me. She made the pour perfectly with just the right amount of light head.

Notes of the Smoky Mountains, and so cold my nipples could cut glass.

Would highly recommend on a special occasion.

1.63/5  rDev -16%

A: Crystal clear straw color with large white head from aggressive pour no lacing

S: Almost non existent I get a little of the typical lager smell.

T: Very plain almost like a beer flavored water. Little grain and metallic taste.

M: Watery

O: Only reason I gave it a 2 was because it is so cheap and widely available but everything else is poor at best.

1.21/5  rDev -37.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Pros: You can get a 30 pack of these at the local gas station for $18. The taste isn't very strong, thus is probably little better than Bud Light.

Cons: You will need to drink all 30 of these before you get any kind of a buzz at all. Hell, you can probably drink all 30 of them on the way home and not hit the legal limit. Then I question what's the point of drinking a light beer at all when one imperial stout has a fraction of the calories as 30 of these...

3.05/5  rDev +57.2%

Might have overrated it a little but here is why:
Busch Light is cheap as hell
It doesn't have much flavor and isn't too carbonated making it easy to drink fast and get messed up.
Not a good beer but its easy to drink and cheap and I find myself buying it often

3.19/5  rDev +64.4%

Pours a golden color with thick head thinning to a lace. Smells like fermented corn vomit. Goes down pretty smooth with surprisingly hoppy and bitter, and a little dry. Not bad overall. One of the better light beers.

4.5/5  rDev +132%

Buy this at the gas station. It isn't expensive, and still beats bud light in my blind taste test, buddy gave me both of them. Ice cold this is really refreshing. goes down like water. I see all the ones and twos on here, and i kind of wonder what its being compared to. The price is right and when you go fishing or are at a barbeque its really good for those occasions.

3.75/5  rDev +93.3%

Its a cheap beer that doesn't overpower your pallet on a hot day. This is especially true if you're picking up a 30 pack from an Oklahoma gas station (where the beer is 3%). Whether your eating dinner and you don't know what beer to pair with it or on the way to working outside/ playing outside/ playing cards or watching a game, try saying that about your most top rated beer.

Although it will never win a taste contest, based on its "crispness" this one's a staple in my beer diet.

Ah, the ignorance of childhood. I remember my friend's mom used to buy this in bulk for us when I was in High School. Didn't care then. Just wanted to get drunk. Nowadays, you would not get me drinking this no matter how many other beers I've already had. The slightest taste of watery piss swill makes me nauseous now. Whether it's Natty, Keystone or this A-B abomination doesn't matter. Save your money for half decent beer. Leave this for frat houses and shitty moms to buy for their kids and their friends.

Had this one at a BBQ as this was the only choice available. Busch Light is a horrible beer that has no flavor whatsoever. The beer pours a light yellow, and it has barely any head. Busch is one of those beers that isn't worth trying as the taste is very watery, having a glass of water afterwards, you wouldn't even tell the difference. As a light beer, it's not a beer I would recommend, stick with a PBR instead.

Time to review a very, very popular beer in northeast South Dakota. Busch Light. Ranked #2 (next to Bud Light at #1) as the most sold beer in this city, county, and probably state. Now I have to confess, I always have liked Busch beer - the regular kind. But I haven't had Busch Light in a good while, so I bought a single and here we are...

Serving Style - 12 oz glass bottle

Appearance - not going to bother pouring this one.

Smell (3) - Rich, roasted barley; creamed corn; a little floral. A little chlorine that lends itself positively to the smell of clean water. I'm actually surprised that this beer doesn't smell like total junk. A surprising 3 out of 5.

Taste (1.5) - It doesn't start off bad with a split second of barley flavor, (Busch, anybody?) but then it's ripped away almost immediately with a nasty, tin, seltzer adjunct that finishes off with rotting cornbread. Man, what a disappointment. I just want to pound this one as fast as I can and start drinking something else.

Mouthfeel (1.5) - Strong biting seltzer ending with a watery wash. Ends with a slightly pleasant smokey feel.

Overall (2) - I've had worse - but man, I've sure had better. Believe it or not, in comparison the abominable Keystone Light is actually more drinkable (probably because of the smoothness.) I find most folks will drink this brew or Bud Light because Keystone or Hamm's or Natural Light is just a "trailer trash beer", when in fact they are all detestable in one way or another. Busch Light is not the worst light beer in the world, but it's not far from it. It is truly quite awful. Busch regular is a smooth, palatable beer, and finishes great - but Busch LIGHT takes the fun out of it. It's like cooking noodles too long. Skip this one if at all possible and take the second step in beerdom - a full flavored macro like Busch regular or Coors Banquet.

Busch Light from Anheuser-Busch