Busch Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Light Alström Bros
cjl1209

2.25/5  rDev +24.3%

"Great Taste in an Easy Drinking Light Beer"

A - Pours an extremely pale straw color reminiscent of diluted urine. A pitiful, wispy white head appears and then recedes within 20 seconds of pouring.

S - A slight bit of corn and adjuncts if I really try but barely anything is present.

T - Very sweet grains. No actual flavor to speak of. Just intense sweetness and carbonation.

M - Light but highly carbonated.

D - This isn't drunk for flavor because let's face it, it's nonexistent, but highly chuggable for any so inclined.

Final Thoughts: "Great Taste" Hell no. "Easy Drinking" Hell yes. Wanna get drunk? Drink Busch Light as it is much more stomachable than its supposedly full flavored bretheren.

04-29-2009 18:24:30 | More by cjl1209
BierFan

2.45/5  rDev +35.4%

Poured from a 22 ounce bottle into a pint glass.

Pale yellow body but at least it has good carbonation and a nice sized white head. The smell is mostly of adjuncts and sweetness. It must have been too long since the last adjunct lager, because I can no longer distinguish between corn and rice adjuncts. More adjuncts and sweetness in the taste. No hops to speak of. The complete lack of flavor and bitterness does make it pretty easy to drink so I guess I have to give it a higher score in drinkability.

04-18-2009 04:54:22 | More by BierFan
Vancer

Here's a good April Fools day beer - Buschski Lite. And is it light - just a hint of straw in the crystal clear pour, magic white head that's there one second, gone the next.

No aroma. None. Almost no taste either. Really. Just the slightest hint of grainy malt mixed with a club soda. There is no lager to this one at all. Nothing bad about the taste, but nothing's there.

Very light bodied - who'd a thunk? OK to drink if given one.

Ooo - my first perfect 2s beer!

04-01-2009 20:40:49 | More by Vancer
Brenden

2.15/5  rDev +18.8%

I couldn't believe that pouring from a can would make an improvement, but I was wrong.

It poured a surprising one-finger head that took a few minutes to dissipate. The color is the same light amber-yellow and there's actually thin light lacing left on the glass.

The smell is nothing special, but I can at least detect some lightly citrusy hops.

The same for the taste; light citrusy, slightly grainy hops.

The mouthfeel is thin and watery, but not as much as I expected.

It may just be my experience, but it really came out better from the can.

03-11-2009 12:16:23 | More by Brenden
bsend

1.98/5  rDev +9.4%

Poured a 12 oz. bottle into a glass.

This beer, as expected poured into the glass with a very pale yellow color. It was extremely carbonated, reminding me more of soda then a beer.

The smell was both dissappointing and unpleasant (reminded me of Saturday and Sunday mornings after parties, the much dreaded clean up time). Nothing noteworthy.

The taste was whats to be expected from a light beer (one you can get 20 of for $10). Watery and bland. Definitely standard macrobrew and American lager. Taste got better after a couple (though I know it was for the obvious reasons).

The more carbonated brew could be felt best on the tongue. Bubbles danced around the mouth, and did not provide the best experience.

The drinkability on this brew is both high and low. I can't see myself buying and consuming just one of these. I would rather go without it. When consuming multiple however, there is an ability to have steady consumption through out the day or night.

Final Thoughts - For those that bash it, there are obvious reasons. It's a cheap beer. A 20 pack in bottles can be obtained for $11 (including deposit). This beer is best for those times when money is tight, or with a couple of friends when the name of the game is to get through as many beers as possible. Depending on the situation this brew could or could not be recommended.

03-08-2009 18:27:58 | More by bsend
soupyman10

District of Columbia

2.33/5  rDev +28.7%

Yeah, not really a lot you can say about this one. Brings back fond memories of college and beer pong, no doubt. I will say, though, that this one does sit on the right side of crap for me; the flavor's...well...there is no flavor, but that being said, it's not "bad" per se. It's just not there. It's carbonated water, but unlike a beer like Natural Ice, this one isn't offensive (except if you're upset that something of this nature would be termed "beer," which I can understand as well). In any case, you can drink it and get wasted. Case closed. (Honestly, they cut ciders off of this site, and I feel it'd be just as appropriate to cut off macro or light lagers.)

Korean Store Next Door/$5/6-pack

02-27-2009 22:45:02 | More by soupyman10
12NattiBottles

2.93/5  rDev +61.9%

Busch Light....

Miserable yet glorious.

I just cant hate on a beer that sells for 12 dollars a case...and I definitely cannot get too technical on this one....it would just be silly to describe it in any detail whatsoever.

Sometimes beer should be drank in quantities and not just for quality.

02-15-2009 04:18:46 | More by 12NattiBottles
KBoudreau66

1.85/5  rDev +2.2%

This is the ultimate college beer where I go to school. Compared to Coors Light this is a step up from one horrible beer to another. It pours a dark urine yellow like you've been drinking for at least an hour or so and it turns that color. The taste of the beer acts accordingly. It is super lame, but drinkable if you're at a college kegger. Unless you feel like bringing a stash of one of you're own really good beers then washing down the delicious taste with something like this so its drinkable, but not good.

01-24-2009 05:45:27 | More by KBoudreau66
WilliamD

1.48/5  rDev -18.2%

Poured this one out shortly after I slapped the evident Lady-in-Waiting after she told me she'd been gang-raped in a parking lot outside of a dive-bar in Texas. She saw a crystal ball on the restroom floor. I noticed no lacing on the tulip which held this light brew.
Smell was of socks. Taste was dead-bready. Mouthfeel was of mouthful of hand-picked lickers. Or dead grandpa hands.
Drinkability like a dead baker's kid. I don't want that dude's bread. I'll drink this again, so long as Jergie convinces me the Sun won't come up again.

01-18-2009 06:56:45 | More by WilliamD
PhillyStyle

Georgia

2.1/5  rDev +16%

I went to a party over the holidays and this was all that was served, so I gave it a shot. There are few redeeming qualities to this beer, except after a few, they go down pretty easy, hence the average drinkability score. Other than that, the beer is light on flavor and aroma and a little too heavy on the carbonation. I would avoid unless you are given no other choice.

01-12-2009 18:37:34 | More by PhillyStyle
WakeandBake

2.38/5  rDev +31.5%

A ultra pale yellow pour with a thin fizzy whiote head. Aroma is very faint,some sweet pale malt and very little else.Flavor is much the same as the aroma,some fizzy pale malt.Sharp carbonated mouthfeel,little to no aftertaste,quite drinkable. You get what you pay for but not as horrible as expected.

01-11-2009 18:09:06 | More by WakeandBake
hwwty4

Missouri

1.73/5  rDev -4.4%

I want to thank my brother in-law, Micah, for leaving this gem, along with 5 of its friends in my fridge this weekend. I think its friends are going to wait for their dad to come back to KC.

Poured a 12oz can into a Miller Lite/Harley Davidson pint glass. This beer poured a fizzy, straw yellow with a massive white head that quickly disappeared into nothingness. One of the worst head retentions I've ever seen in a beer. The aroma is canned corn with a bit of a sulfur funk to it. The aroma kind of reminds me of the funk you get from a green bottle. The flavor is straight up corn flakes. The mouthfeel is light with a decent dry finish. Like I said earlier, I have 5 more of these and I don't think I will finish the rest.

01-03-2009 22:09:24 | More by hwwty4
Cylinsier

1.3/5  rDev -28.2%

The appearance was a light lemon honey yellow, like someone had poured water into a beer; just a basic thin film of a head. The smell was about the same; did someone pour beer into my glass of water? Tasted like how I would imagine a macro lager would taste if you left it out in the sun for a couple days, but weaker. The mouthfeel was again like water to me. The overall drinkability is a catch 22. You have to be wasted before you can drink it but you have to drink a whole ton of them before you're wasted.

12-09-2008 12:42:33 | More by Cylinsier
magictrokini

1.6/5  rDev -11.6%

This is Bud Light in a different label. Pours clear yellow fizz with a white top. Taste and aroma are the same: corn, metal, and sugar. Used to drink this all the time in college; $6 for an 18-pack. The I moved to Virginia and saw they were gouging the NASCAR faithful at $12 am 18-pack. So sad.

12-04-2008 23:15:42 | More by magictrokini
woemad

Washington

1.58/5  rDev -12.7%

Can found discarded but unopened by someone at the airport. Liquid courage for the frightened-to-fly, perhaps, or the debris of a lost weekend spent in a rental car? "Born On Date" on bottom of can indicates this was canned on October 7th of this year.

Poured the color of my urine after I've had a lot of coffee. Inch or so of bone-white foam that dropped faster than the job prospects of Tyrone Willingham's coaching staff. Miniscule, spotty lace.

Vague, crude grainy scent and blandly sweet maltiness. Not much else in the nose of this one.

This is among the most relentlessly bland-tasting beverages that I have ever tasted. Bland, slightly fruity malt flavor is the most dominant characteristic. No hop flavor can be discerned. There's a very weak dryness at the swallow.

Thin and watery mouthfeel that seems deficient even for the style.

I'm glad I was able to pick this up at a price equal to it's worth. I think I could consume mass quantities of this without noticing, but I'd probably wake up in the drunk tank on a charge of doing something spectacularly disgusting. Leave this for the frat boys and the chronic alkies who need something to put their corn flakes in.

12-01-2008 00:33:07 | More by woemad
TLove

District of Columbia

1.25/5  rDev -30.9%

What can I say? This beer is the supposed opitome of the undrinkable macro pilsner.

The color is piss-yellow with a ultra-dry, awkwardly sweet taste and an atrociously bitter finish. Not much different in style and taste from Coors Light and has a similar syrupy taste and arid bitterness. A single sip and you find yourself wishing it was on tap.

In your mouth, the beer tastes like bitter, dry corn syrup. Busch claims to have "More Flavor, Less Calories". What flavor? Every time I guzzle down a can of this, whether with food or by itself, it immediately keys into my gag reflex and makes me think of all those days as an idiot college boy throwing up from drinking too much shitty beer.

Avoid this at all costs. If you can't avoid, dont drink anything.

11-30-2008 22:01:54 | More by TLove
germanbeer1

Maine

1.9/5  rDev +5%

As a student at Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts, this is positively the beer of choice. It has an extremely light body and that's about where the descriptions stop. No smell other than staleness and no body whatsoever. I rank this above most other college-canned beers only because it is less watery than most. I fail to understand why anyone would spend extra money to buy this in a bottle.

11-24-2008 15:03:01 | More by germanbeer1
mothman

United Kingdom (Wales)

1.63/5  rDev -9.9%

Pours a very thin head that evavoprates to nothing. Color is almost clear, a light straw if anything.

Smell is mainly of grains, and a very little amount of hops. Taste is quite similiar, not very pleasent at all.

Mouthfeel is very dry and not something I would like to have for enjoyment.

Overall, please avoid this beer and buy something a little more expensive.

11-16-2008 03:28:16 | More by mothman
twiggamortis420

2.33/5  rDev +28.7%

Pale straw color with bone white, large bubbled head that dissipates at a record pace. Tons of bubbles rise to fill the void to no avail. Artificial carbonation at it's finest!

Faint, sweet, sugary malt and cereal nose. Not much else going on here, but maybe a bit more noticeable smell than most macro bargain lights...now whether or not that is a good thing is quite debatable 'cause it does not smell that appetizing.

Not very much beer flavor here. Taste is mostly of adjuncts and highly carbonated water. It certainly is light and it does taste crisp. Busch Light is not a horrible drinking experience, in fact it seems to taste better than most discount macro lights, for what that's worth.

10-29-2008 04:08:59 | More by twiggamortis420
BeerManDan

1.58/5  rDev -12.7%

The color when poured was a very pale yellow with very little foam and no lace on the side of my glass. Poured in glass or drink out of the can, the flavor is of water down of all the lager components. You might as well drink ice cold water, it cheaper and better tasting!

10-29-2008 01:24:00 | More by BeerManDan
tbeck

Washington

2.35/5  rDev +29.8%

Pours a pale straw yellow with a decent white, carbonated head that dissipated into nill. Very little collaring. Aroma is of malt and barley as is the taste, not much flavor. Texture is thin and carbonated. Not an extraordinary beer but if I am spending the day outdoors, especially when it is warm, this is an enjoyable beer.

10-27-2008 01:54:17 | More by tbeck
LordofTime25

Iowa

1.85/5  rDev +2.2%

Pours a very light straw color with little or no head. Lots of Carbination.

Very little smell slight hops smell.

Very little taste very watered down. Kind of a cereal taste.

Very High Carbionation with almost no body.

Only good if you want to drink alot of cheap beer and get plowed.

10-24-2008 23:26:19 | More by LordofTime25
CampusCrew

Ummmm, yes I have tried it before. Don't tell anyone please.

appearance: light yellow, to basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, clear refresher

mouthfeel: very high carbonation

drinkability: very easy. only good for long hot days.

10-21-2008 18:01:31 | More by CampusCrew
MarzenMan

Missouri

3.35/5  rDev +85.1%

Very pale yellow color with a small and quickly disappearing head. Lots of carbonation.

Very subtle flavor but smooth and clean. It has a grainy flavor (cereal). Obviously no hops but the grain flavor is clean and once you get used to it a little addictive.

This might not be a real beer but I can appreciate it for what it is.

10-20-2008 00:36:53 | More by MarzenMan
thekevlarkid

Maryland

1.95/5  rDev +7.7%

Why review this? Because it was on-tap and I said to myself "why not?" My pint glass at McKee's was delivered to my table a bleached gold color with a trace of white foam. The head had already fizzed away by the time it reached me and there was no visible carbonation. The aroma was very weak, like a stale bar floor and some vinegar. The flavor was totally washed-out, vague corn mash is all I get. It barely pretends to be beer. Admittedly, the faint flavor is inoffensive and the body is super light and easy to drink. Crisp too, with a fizzy mouthfeel. So I suppose one could easily session this beer all night. But the question is why would you want to?

09-30-2008 15:02:46 | More by thekevlarkid