Follow our progress ...

Busch LightBusch Light

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: Light Lager

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Reviews: 386 | Ratings: 1,527
1.75/5  rDev -9.8%

The beer departs the can a faded gold color with a portly head that is frothy white and the lace left behind a velum like sheet. Nose is crisp and clean, malt sweet with the start somewhat sweet and the top thin as the edge of space. Finish is stinging in its acidity and the hops light, dry aftertaste.

1.35/5  rDev -30.4%

Went to a frat party at Francis Marion, and well, there they love this stuff. The main draw to it is definately the price, but when I look for a beer I would rather throw in a couple extra dollars than to drink this. However, it gets the job done for cheep. I instead threw in an extra $3 for Budweiser, which may not be the best beer in the world, but it beats the hell out of this stuff.

2.18/5  rDev +12.4%

Offered by a friend. I knew going in that its all he drinks, this cheap 10.99 per 24 pk.
Knowing that I poured one in a glass. It says natural carbonation on the can, yep carbonation!! The good size white head, fizz and carbonation is high to reduce the head to a thin ring around the very pale yellow brew. No lace to be had. The aroma is grain-like and metal-like from the can. Natural ageing it says, ya, in the can. The taste is of mostly of cereal grain with weak malt and hop. The taste dose leave a crisp, smooth and sweet feel. The mouth is left a dry mild bitter.
Over-all a cheap mass produced bargain batch. I'll be saving my 10.99 for something craft-like.

3.27/5  rDev +68.6%

Very pale straw color with a low flat white head, ringed edge, and decent carbonation. Light cooked corn aroma (not unpleasant) with maybe a touch of grain, fruitiness and light hops... Light flavored beer, crisp and dry. Light bodied but fairly smooth; not watery.

Not nearly as bad as I expected.

Can states: "Natural Aging" & "Natural Carbonation", 110 cal, 6.7g carb, 0.8g protein, 0 fat. "Freshest within 110 days"

Born on: 05/10/04
Tasted: 06/16/04

Born on: 04/06/04
Tasted: 07/22/04

(12 oz. can)

1.23/5  rDev -36.6%

At a friends... ah what the hell? I might as well review it. So here we go.

Appearance: This is what Freshman year of college looked like. Thin quase golden straw color with a quickly disapating white head.

Smell: This is what Freshman year of college smelled like. Ever been to a frat house on saturday morning? Yeah, kind of smells like that.

Taste: This isn't what Freshman year of college tasted like. Why? One might ask, it's quite simple; this beer has very little taste. I only taste adjuncts. No hops, nothing.

Mouthfeel: This is what Freshman year of college felt like. Watery at best. Not something I'd want in my mouth for long periods of time.

Drinkability: This is where my Freshman year of college was spent. You can drink this all night and continue on the following day. That's the only redeeming quality of this beer. I mean, is water hard to drink?

I guess this one can was good for a flashback, but i'm sure as hell glad that the Alstrom brothers saved my ass and sheparded me to better beer. I'm forver in debt to BeerAdvocate.

1.62/5  rDev -16.5%

12 oz can.

Apperance: Yellow, with ZERO head or lace. Up to the light, it's a baby yellow.

Nose: Summer grass. Maybe a little lemon at the end. Then some alcohol.

Taste: It's bitter and crisp. That last thing I taste is bitter lemon and alcohol.

Notes: This is beer by definition, not by example. Period. I gave it a good drinkability score because thats what it is, a good "get drunk" beer.

1.18/5  rDev -39.2%

Color of...light beer i guess - clear light yellow. minimal head, just ugly hissing carbonation that releases unpleasant scent of stale sourness, and...lawn mulch. Taste is the same as smell. sour grass and sweet adjucts. I think the beer attempts to distract you from the taste with carbonation, but it doesnt work. absolutely awful.

2.16/5  rDev +11.3%

Busch Light is like any other AB light beer. Pours a pale yellow with no head. Taste is of strong hops with water flavor. No huge smell, hint of hops, metallic if smelling out of can. No mouthfeel what so ever. You can however drink alot of these. I did drink these quite alot when I was in High School, very cheap and just as equal with Bud Light which was more expensive. Personally if I had to choose to have a Busch product I would get a regular Busch, you get more bang for your buck and atleast it tastes somewhat like a lager, sorta.

4.6/5  rDev +137.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Busch light draft, what can I say, this is a mass consumption beer. It's not a saturday afternoon beer, unless you are in college (like me). This beer is cheap but its very good. Busch light is extremely smooth and good ice cooled in a snow bank. This beer is much better than the trendy bud light, that is much more expensive.

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

Wehn I think of adjuncts, I now think of Busch light. This beer is terrible with a faint yellow color, no head and no carbonation and a skunky smell that makes you wish you had a Rogue close by. The taste was of corn and not much else. It was absolutly horrid and I hope to never drink this again.

1.62/5  rDev -16.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A very light straw color with a white head, no carbonation. Smells of adjuncts and grain, not very strong. Tastes like corn and faint malt, with almost no hops finish. Not good, pouring it into a Samuel Smith tulip almost seems like a travesty. Very cheap, and not satisfying.

1.39/5  rDev -28.4%

A friend had some of these left over from a party. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d had one. It must have been years and years ago; so, I swallowed my pride and gave it a try.
Pours a very light, very clear, yellow-tinged liquid. Actually, the head is very nice: puffy and bright white, with notable stability. Zero aroma…maybe a faint hint of cooked vegetables, but you have to nearly inhale the liquid to get even that minor sensation. Essentially zero taste as well, with a little tingle of carbonation. I’m not exaggerating to say that I think I’ve had seltzer water with more character. Now, there isn’t anything unpleasant about the beer…it simply has a complete lack of any attributes at all. Nothing disagreeable because there’s nothing there…of course, that begs the question: can it then be called beer?

3.15/5  rDev +62.4%

Background: Why review this simple, macro product that is ranked near the bottom and not thought highly of? Simply because it is the first beer I ever had. 6-pack of long neck bottles on my 16th b-day (I was underage). It was about all anyone drank, so myself and my friends didn't know anybetter. So for my first review I picked up a sixer ($3.99), got a glass and revisited an old friend.

Appearance: Light yellow. But its supposed to be this color. Gave it low marks 'cause you would think they could just dump something in it to alter the color.

Smell: Nothing noticeable. Again it is supposed to be this way. I gave it good marks as it does what it is supposed to - not offend.

Taste: No noticeable flavors except a slight sweetness (corn or rice?). They want a flavorless product that does not offend and can be consumed by the masses. High marks for excellent acheivement of their goals.

Mouthfeel: Once again, mission accomplished. Nothing to offend yet nothing to stir the imagination.

Drinkability: Went down easy. Put away the whole six in no time. A-B got what it wanted. A cheaper beer the masses can consume in quantity. Easy to consume many to just get hammered.

Final Thoughts: Just like I remember (should get bonus points for consistency from one bottle to another). Since this is the first beer I ever had, if I would not have liked it, I may not be drinking beer now. In a way it has helped me to get to BA, because I thought "there has to be something better out there".

1.3/5  rDev -33%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It pours a truly pale yellow, very uninspiring, and the head sprouts and dies in a flash.

The aroma is very weak, beyond mild, with nothing I could identify besides perhaps cooked grain.

The taste delivers what the smell promises, which simply is not much. There's weak malt that disappears as quickly as you taste it, almost making it unidentifiable. When that goes, there's a trace of hop bitterness making you believe that perhaps it really was beer you just drank.

It is very light bodied, feeling thinner than water, maybe because you expect at least a little more. But you don't get it.

It's almost odorless, which may be a blessing, and terribly bland. There were two cans left in my beer fridge from my parents' last visit, so I figured, what the heck, right? Wrong! The second one went right into the trash. I wouldn't even cook with it. I don't like to trash a beer, because I know someone somewhere likes it, but I just can't help myself here. Yep, it's drinkable, just like water, so next time, failing other options, I'll have the water.

Allllllllright, this is something you give to an enemy to drink. I can't emphasize the blandness/wateriness of this stuff. My girlfriend's dad drinks it and he's a trucker(not that there's anything wrong with that). Maybe that would show that he doesn't really get into tasteing beers and what not. Reviews; Appearance: What appearance, looks like water with some carbonated foam on it. Smell: Smells like teen spirit or skunky water, which ever you want. Taste: Taste is as bad as the smell, if not worse, because you are subjecting your body to it. Mouthfeel: Ah, I don't feel like doing the last two. Just don't waste your money!

1.5/5  rDev -22.7%

Thin, watery texture, borderline of a very pale yellow, skunky aroma, cooked veggies if anything on the nose. Initial bland, boring and rather skunky. Pushing hard to detect any sort of character, trying to detect any malt body is tough. Corn, veggie and adjuncts to be noted. A very bad product by A-B. Avoid at all costs.

1.32/5  rDev -32%

Busch Light, from a can: that was all they served at the recent rodeo I attended. I am at a loss to understand this beverage. Cripes, it is shockingly pale. I mean, take a Bud and pour half a glass of water in it, and you are still to dark. No head. Initial aroma was like melted wax, yeah, I know, that does not make any sense. The taste is . . . absent. I mean, there is sweetness there, toward the end, but this is not a beer. I’m not kidding, I’ve had water that has more taste than this. Not enough of anything even to be awful.

1.65/5  rDev -14.9%

I can still complain even though my sister gave it to me free. This is the closest thing to tasteless beer I have seen. A little sweet, a little grainy tasting. Carbonation. What carbonation? Flat tasting. Drank 3 of them. Is there alchohol in this? No wonder I don't buy it.

1.5/5  rDev -22.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Dammit, more AB. When barbequeing, do not let friends bring beer. This is what they bring. Poured a stain water, colour of some sort. Yellow? I dunno. Weak smell. Adjuncty. Taste was bland. Undrinkable swill. It's cheap, smells terrible, looks terrible, tastes terrible and requires alot for a cheap buzz. Get something else.

1.68/5  rDev -13.4%

Pours yellow and fizzy with a very carbonated short lived white head. The aroma predominantly corn and rice adjuncts bringing a sweetness to the aroma, but at the same time it also brings an off tone that just isn't pleasant of feet. No real hop profile maybe a chemically formulated one, but that's about it. This is not a real beer, this is a macro beer meant to be consumed in masses by the masses. Cold and crisp, the label describes this beer properly "refreshing light beer", well so is water I will stick to that. Flavors to note here is a bland sweetness mixed with a bitterness that just isn't right. Mouthfeel is thin and water like, which is why this beer can be consumed right after another without a problem. If your looking for a good beer pass on a Busch Light.

1.53/5  rDev -21.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Hypothetical: if Busch is Bud Light in a leisure suit, what does that make Busch Light? Correct. Another A-B profit center. Small one though as it gets little of the mammoth A-B turf in the major retailer shelves locally.

The most redeeming quality of this watery brew is that its lack of flavor actually lessens the awful A-B taste present in all their beers. Straw colored, no head retention, and not much smell beyond the adjuncts.

1.53/5  rDev -21.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: Pours a clear and pale straw gold color with a small white head. The head quickly fades to a paper-thin layer; there is little carbonation; rather poor lacing.

Aroma: Little aroma of any kind, perhaps a faint hint of cooked vegetables and a ghost of alcohol - or perhaps I am imagining the aroma.

Taste: A slight sting of carbonation, followed by slightly sweet malt and faint hops at the finish. Not much more of a presence than with a mineral water would offer. The finish is clean and dry.

Mouth feel: Quite thin and watery.

Drinkability: Refreshing, but a poor example of a light beer. Even in this much-maligned style of beer, there are far better examples to be found.

1.03/5  rDev -46.9%

How can I review a beer so horrible, It's macrogarbage at its worst. I don't even care to think about how bad this is, one taste will tell you, damn what am I thinking and drinking. Stick to WATER as with all AB products, it doesn't matter which beer it is Dry, Ice, Original, or Light. They are all lousy and of poor quality and that born on date doesn't matter if you drank it from the brewery itself.

1.9/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

My roommate had a few extras of these guys so i though i might as well review it. Another of the standard cheap light beers from AB. not much of a taste to be noticed, probably corn. What you want for mowing the lawn or getting wasted outside on a hot day. Not much good otherwise.

2.05/5  rDev +5.7%

This is not a good brew, can anyone enlighten me as to why a beer such as this would be made and marketed? In consuming this light offering, I do believe that you could forget to drink it as it is totally non-descript.
I have given it a higher score than most, only due to the fact that I do not find it really bad either...just nothing to it...boring.
The colour is limited, a tinge of gold is evident. The body is extremely light, however the carbonation is active and It does have a wee bit of glass cling.
The taste is well balanced but very weak and quickly leaves.
I will not pour this down the sink.
I will continue to down this 22 oz bottle.
I will try to stay awake while I finish itttttttttt...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Busch Light from Anheuser-Busch