Busch Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,433 | Reviews: 391
1.05/5  rDev -42%

Went through a small phase of Busch Light in college, but quickly "upgraded" to Natural Light. Yep, many years ago as a broke college student it was often Busch or Natural... and I usually chose Natural. What does that tell you?

Pale color, musty, corny, grainy and quite watery.

1.06/5  rDev -41.4%

I had this on tap at a party. I drank it in a pint glass.

This beer is hardly even yellow! Incredible! When I tapped this, it had a one finger head of white bubbles. By the time I sat down, the head had vanished. Looks fizzy.

"Aroma" is very faint DMS, and very faint raw grains if I work real hard.

The "flavor" is sulfur compounds, nasty, with almost no residual sugar, making this one dry, ugly sumbitch.

The mouthfeel is just strong fizz, and that's about it. It's like a mouthfull of fire extinguisher foam.

This is the worst beer I have ever tasted.

1.08/5  rDev -40.3%

Poured from a 12 oz. can into a Krušovice pilsner glass.

Appearance: Pours a translucent pale golden color with lots of carbonation bubbles. Has a very thin, fizzy head that dissipates almost immediately and leaves almost no discernible lacing.

Smell: Ugh...I've never found a beer where the smell was actually offensive. Well, here it is folks. Smells sickly sweet with a pungent grain smell that really turns my stomach. Good thing that most of the time I drink these, it's straight from the can and I can't catch a whiff of it.

Taste: Again, awful. Pretty much anything with taste has been stripped from this beer to create a slightly bitter, highly carbonated, water-like beverage. Very metallic tasting as well.

Mouthfeel: Thin, watery, way too over-carbonated.

Drinkability: I guess in the strict sense of the word these are very drinkable. In a party atmosphere, I could pound tons of these and not even notice. Nevertheless, this is a tasteless, offensive beer in every sense and understanding of the words. I actually find this more offensive than the standard BMC light beers (Bud, Coors, and Miller Lites) and even worse than Natty Light. Man, this is bad...

1.08/5  rDev -40.3%

Poured from a can into a glass.

A-average straw color that you see in these types of beer. Very little head.

S-Hints of metal and maybe some grains, maybe. Not alot going on here at all.

T-Bad. Even for what this kind of beer is it is bad. I am trying to be nice but this is so watery and lacking anything you could call flavor.

M- High carbonation and goes down smooth I guess for how light it is.

O-Not a good beer at all. One of, if not, the worst beer I have ever had. There is little to complement here. Go drink a real beer.

1.1/5  rDev -39.2%

Had this at an anniversary party very far from home. The only options were this and Keystone light. Like a good beer advocate, I tried both. This was an extra tall 16oz can, but as the sun shone from above, I could clearly see to the bottom of the can as soon as I opened it. I knew I was in for an experience. This beer smelled as close to nothing as you can get. The taste was beneath thin, and it all but evaporated in your mouth. If you want to get drunk, but not in a hurry, then this beer is for you. Otherwise, steer clear. Not recommended

1.13/5  rDev -37.6%

Found this in the back of my girlfriends fridge. I think it's left over from a party several weeks ago. Or could she be cheatin' on me with a cheap beer guy? Just kidding.

This one is a very urine-esque hue of light gold with a thin dishwater head that lasts all of 30 seconds and leaves an unnappealing collar of scummy foam around the edges.

Smells pretty foul. I smell loads of adjuncts along with a firm aluminum scent. Thankfully this aroma is weak and barely there.

Tastes pretty much like bud light or coors light, but with a stronger funk-nasty tatse. Mouthfeel is watery and very thin, but the carbonation level is pretty good and tingly.

If you have to go slumming, go for LaCrosse Light (the best cheapo light macro lager IMO). Or reach for the unavoidable Miller or Bud at least. This really is (and I don't like to say this) the worst beer I've ever had.

1.15/5  rDev -36.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

This beer should be illegal.

1.15/5  rDev -36.5%

Wehn I think of adjuncts, I now think of Busch light. This beer is terrible with a faint yellow color, no head and no carbonation and a skunky smell that makes you wish you had a Rogue close by. The taste was of corn and not much else. It was absolutly horrid and I hope to never drink this again.

1.18/5  rDev -34.8%

A very inexpensive beer that would be perfect for people who do not like beer. It is a pale straw color and has a weak head. Taste is of grainy yeast and corn. Aromas of bad bitter hops. The feel is light and fizzy. The carbonation is high to hide the flavor. I will never drink this again. Once was enough for me.

1.18/5  rDev -34.8%

Color of...light beer i guess - clear light yellow. minimal head, just ugly hissing carbonation that releases unpleasant scent of stale sourness, and...lawn mulch. Taste is the same as smell. sour grass and sweet adjucts. I think the beer attempts to distract you from the taste with carbonation, but it doesnt work. absolutely awful.

1.19/5  rDev -34.3%

A - Clear gold with a white forthy bubbly head. No lacing.

S - Slighty grainy, water

T - Follows the nose pretty much. Slight amounts of rice grains, with a watery finish.

M - Medium bodied with medium to heavy carbonation.

O - Overall, Just another cheap beer. This one was definitely bottom of the barrel.

1.2/5  rDev -33.7%

reminds me of high school

1.2/5  rDev -33.7%

Appearance - Pale yellow with lots of carbonation and a great deal of head.

Smell - Metallic scent like its regular counterpart. Better avoid smelling it.

Taste - Very watered down, with hints of processed corn mixed with chemicals.

Drinkability - Avoid at all costs.

1.2/5  rDev -33.7%

one of the worst beers out there

1.2/5  rDev -33.7%

Pale yellow and fizzy looking.

Cheap corn and adjunct scent with some light sweetness.

Like a cheap adjunct lager that was cut with water for half of the batch. Very little taste at all. Light adjunct grain taste, but very watered down.

Watered down and fizzy feeling.

I really don't know how people can drink this junk. It is so flavorless and unenjoyable. Even at a low price, what's the point?

1.2/5  rDev -33.7%

I'll be completely honest... my Grandmother drinks this stuff and she swears that it's the "high quality" stuff... so I bought her a 30 pack for Christmas. However, I had to sneak away a can to do a review... I kinda wish that I didn't!

A- Am I pouring carbonated water??? There's a pure white head when poured that dissolves into absolutely nothing. There's a hint of yellow color, but this 'beer' is crystal clear and could be confused for carbonated water after a couple minutes. There's NO lacing. *shakes head

S- This is as thin of a malt scent that you could imagine. There's a sour cooked corn scent that lingers heavily. Hops is nowhere to be found.

T- I try hard to find an actually beer taste, but there isn't. The entire flavor is very shortlived, but it's mostly vegetables... barely noticeable malt. This is hard, it's kinda like trying to find subtle nuances and complexities in your puke.

M- LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT body... heavily carbonated.. sour on the tongue

D- I don't think I could drink this if I was completely smashed. I'm not trying to bash this beer or be funny, but in my honest opinion this liquid doesn't even deserve to be called beer.

1.21/5  rDev -33.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Pros: You can get a 30 pack of these at the local gas station for $18. The taste isn't very strong, thus is probably little better than Bud Light.

Cons: You will need to drink all 30 of these before you get any kind of a buzz at all. Hell, you can probably drink all 30 of them on the way home and not hit the legal limit. Then I question what's the point of drinking a light beer at all when one imperial stout has a fraction of the calories as 30 of these...

1.23/5  rDev -32%

At a friends... ah what the hell? I might as well review it. So here we go.

Appearance: This is what Freshman year of college looked like. Thin quase golden straw color with a quickly disapating white head.

Smell: This is what Freshman year of college smelled like. Ever been to a frat house on saturday morning? Yeah, kind of smells like that.

Taste: This isn't what Freshman year of college tasted like. Why? One might ask, it's quite simple; this beer has very little taste. I only taste adjuncts. No hops, nothing.

Mouthfeel: This is what Freshman year of college felt like. Watery at best. Not something I'd want in my mouth for long periods of time.

Drinkability: This is where my Freshman year of college was spent. You can drink this all night and continue on the following day. That's the only redeeming quality of this beer. I mean, is water hard to drink?

I guess this one can was good for a flashback, but i'm sure as hell glad that the Alstrom brothers saved my ass and sheparded me to better beer. I'm forver in debt to BeerAdvocate.

1.23/5  rDev -32%

Poured from a can into a...boring hotel room glass.

A- pours a clear, pale shade of yellow with dudes of bubbles from the carbonation everywhere. Head is straight white, one finger high. The bubbled distract me. No lacing. Boring

S- smells disgusting, of straight corn and nothing more.

T- tastes like a watered down hunk of corn on the cob. Gross

M- paper thin and worthless. No body to speak of whatsoever

D- this is for chugging and pounding and nothing more. Thing is...you could drink them quite easily. I wouldn't, though

1.25/5  rDev -30.9%

A - 12 oz can pour out a straw yellow with no head. It is very carbonated.

S - Skunky and of alcohol. Maybe a little corn smell, too.

T - It is very watery. There is a corn taste, as well.

M - It is fairly crisp and sharp on the tongue. It's just sad that mouthfeel is the highest rated element.

D - Drinkable....if you want to get drunk very cheaply. I have had worse.

1.25/5  rDev -30.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Blind taste test out of 7 AALs, this was easily the worst. Metallic, watery, terrible finish.

Poured into a normal 16 oz. mug

A- Piss yellow, with nothing much to admire. 2-finger head that disappears quickly with no lacing.

S- Smells stale even when fresh from the can. Nothing subtle or intriguing.

T- Tastes worse than it smells. Seems like a normal American Lager that has been literally watered down.

M- Barely carbonated at first, almost flat by the end of the can. More like water than beer.

O- I only drank it because it was the only beer available, and I regret that. Any mildly sophisticated beer drinker will gag on this piss-water.

1.25/5  rDev -30.9%

OK - I have gone on record as saying Busch is the worst tasting beer ever, but my ratings for this are lower. Why? It's a cheaply produced American Macro Light beer - don't expect anything good. This beer is good for dirnkers looking to drink solely for drinking's sake - there is no discernible appearance, smell or drink that tips someone off that they are indeed drinking a beer. My experience in that department was that at most college keggers I went to Busch Light kegs were the popular choice. Incredibly cheap, girls who hated beer would drink it because it was so watery and no one cared if you spilt it. If you're looking for a good light beer in the American Macro section, avoid this one (avoid most of them).

1.26/5  rDev -30.4%

What can I say? This beer is the supposed opitome of the undrinkable macro pilsner.

The color is piss-yellow with a ultra-dry, awkwardly sweet taste and an atrociously bitter finish. Not much different in style and taste from Coors Light and has a similar syrupy taste and arid bitterness. A single sip and you find yourself wishing it was on tap.

In your mouth, the beer tastes like bitter, dry corn syrup. Busch claims to have "More Flavor, Less Calories". What flavor? Every time I guzzle down a can of this, whether with food or by itself, it immediately keys into my gag reflex and makes me think of all those days as an idiot college boy throwing up from drinking too much shitty beer.

Avoid this at all costs. If you can't avoid, dont drink anything.

1.27/5  rDev -29.8%

Two fingers of head in a tulip glass. Clear, golden colored body with a single line of bubbles.
Smell is one step above rotten. It's a damp grain in a metal container smell.
The taste is licking the metal container.
Fizzy and light texture.
Oh, this is pretty bad. Avoid.

Busch Light from Anheuser-Busch