Busch Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 372 | Hads: 1,440
1.1/5  rDev -46.1%

Had this at an anniversary party very far from home. The only options were this and Keystone light. Like a good beer advocate, I tried both. This was an extra tall 16oz can, but as the sun shone from above, I could clearly see to the bottom of the can as soon as I opened it. I knew I was in for an experience. This beer smelled as close to nothing as you can get. The taste was beneath thin, and it all but evaporated in your mouth. If you want to get drunk, but not in a hurry, then this beer is for you. Otherwise, steer clear. Not recommended (546 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -44.6%

Found this in the back of my girlfriends fridge. I think it's left over from a party several weeks ago. Or could she be cheatin' on me with a cheap beer guy? Just kidding.

This one is a very urine-esque hue of light gold with a thin dishwater head that lasts all of 30 seconds and leaves an unnappealing collar of scummy foam around the edges.

Smells pretty foul. I smell loads of adjuncts along with a firm aluminum scent. Thankfully this aroma is weak and barely there.

Tastes pretty much like bud light or coors light, but with a stronger funk-nasty tatse. Mouthfeel is watery and very thin, but the carbonation level is pretty good and tingly.

If you have to go slumming, go for LaCrosse Light (the best cheapo light macro lager IMO). Or reach for the unavoidable Miller or Bud at least. This really is (and I don't like to say this) the worst beer I've ever had. (879 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -43.6%

Wehn I think of adjuncts, I now think of Busch light. This beer is terrible with a faint yellow color, no head and no carbonation and a skunky smell that makes you wish you had a Rogue close by. The taste was of corn and not much else. It was absolutly horrid and I hope to never drink this again. (297 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -42.2%

A very inexpensive beer that would be perfect for people who do not like beer. It is a pale straw color and has a weak head. Taste is of grainy yeast and corn. Aromas of bad bitter hops. The feel is light and fizzy. The carbonation is high to hide the flavor. I will never drink this again. Once was enough for me. (314 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -42.2%

Color of...light beer i guess - clear light yellow. minimal head, just ugly hissing carbonation that releases unpleasant scent of stale sourness, and...lawn mulch. Taste is the same as smell. sour grass and sweet adjucts. I think the beer attempts to distract you from the taste with carbonation, but it doesnt work. absolutely awful. (334 characters)

1.19/5  rDev -41.7%

A - Clear gold with a white forthy bubbly head. No lacing.

S - Slighty grainy, water

T - Follows the nose pretty much. Slight amounts of rice grains, with a watery finish.

M - Medium bodied with medium to heavy carbonation.

O - Overall, Just another cheap beer. This one was definitely bottom of the barrel. (311 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -41.2%

Appearance - Pale yellow with lots of carbonation and a great deal of head.

Smell - Metallic scent like its regular counterpart. Better avoid smelling it.

Taste - Very watered down, with hints of processed corn mixed with chemicals.

Drinkability - Avoid at all costs. (276 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -41.2%

Pale yellow and fizzy looking.

Cheap corn and adjunct scent with some light sweetness.

Like a cheap adjunct lager that was cut with water for half of the batch. Very little taste at all. Light adjunct grain taste, but very watered down.

Watered down and fizzy feeling.

I really don't know how people can drink this junk. It is so flavorless and unenjoyable. Even at a low price, what's the point? (400 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -41.2%

I'll be completely honest... my Grandmother drinks this stuff and she swears that it's the "high quality" stuff... so I bought her a 30 pack for Christmas. However, I had to sneak away a can to do a review... I kinda wish that I didn't!

A- Am I pouring carbonated water??? There's a pure white head when poured that dissolves into absolutely nothing. There's a hint of yellow color, but this 'beer' is crystal clear and could be confused for carbonated water after a couple minutes. There's NO lacing. *shakes head

S- This is as thin of a malt scent that you could imagine. There's a sour cooked corn scent that lingers heavily. Hops is nowhere to be found.

T- I try hard to find an actually beer taste, but there isn't. The entire flavor is very shortlived, but it's mostly vegetables... barely noticeable malt. This is hard, it's kinda like trying to find subtle nuances and complexities in your puke.

M- LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT body... heavily carbonated.. sour on the tongue

D- I don't think I could drink this if I was completely smashed. I'm not trying to bash this beer or be funny, but in my honest opinion this liquid doesn't even deserve to be called beer. (1,166 characters)

1.21/5  rDev -40.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Pros: You can get a 30 pack of these at the local gas station for $18. The taste isn't very strong, thus is probably little better than Bud Light.

Cons: You will need to drink all 30 of these before you get any kind of a buzz at all. Hell, you can probably drink all 30 of them on the way home and not hit the legal limit. Then I question what's the point of drinking a light beer at all when one imperial stout has a fraction of the calories as 30 of these... (463 characters)

1.23/5  rDev -39.7%

At a friends... ah what the hell? I might as well review it. So here we go.

Appearance: This is what Freshman year of college looked like. Thin quase golden straw color with a quickly disapating white head.

Smell: This is what Freshman year of college smelled like. Ever been to a frat house on saturday morning? Yeah, kind of smells like that.

Taste: This isn't what Freshman year of college tasted like. Why? One might ask, it's quite simple; this beer has very little taste. I only taste adjuncts. No hops, nothing.

Mouthfeel: This is what Freshman year of college felt like. Watery at best. Not something I'd want in my mouth for long periods of time.

Drinkability: This is where my Freshman year of college was spent. You can drink this all night and continue on the following day. That's the only redeeming quality of this beer. I mean, is water hard to drink?

I guess this one can was good for a flashback, but i'm sure as hell glad that the Alstrom brothers saved my ass and sheparded me to better beer. I'm forver in debt to BeerAdvocate. (1,069 characters)

1.23/5  rDev -39.7%

Poured from a can into a...boring hotel room glass.

A- pours a clear, pale shade of yellow with dudes of bubbles from the carbonation everywhere. Head is straight white, one finger high. The bubbled distract me. No lacing. Boring

S- smells disgusting, of straight corn and nothing more.

T- tastes like a watered down hunk of corn on the cob. Gross

M- paper thin and worthless. No body to speak of whatsoever

D- this is for chugging and pounding and nothing more. Thing is...you could drink them quite easily. I wouldn't, though (532 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -38.7%

A - 12 oz can pour out a straw yellow with no head. It is very carbonated.

S - Skunky and of alcohol. Maybe a little corn smell, too.

T - It is very watery. There is a corn taste, as well.

M - It is fairly crisp and sharp on the tongue. It's just sad that mouthfeel is the highest rated element.

D - Drinkable....if you want to get drunk very cheaply. I have had worse. (381 characters)

Poured into a normal 16 oz. mug

A- Piss yellow, with nothing much to admire. 2-finger head that disappears quickly with no lacing.

S- Smells stale even when fresh from the can. Nothing subtle or intriguing.

T- Tastes worse than it smells. Seems like a normal American Lager that has been literally watered down.

M- Barely carbonated at first, almost flat by the end of the can. More like water than beer.

O- I only drank it because it was the only beer available, and I regret that. Any mildly sophisticated beer drinker will gag on this piss-water. (554 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -38.7%

OK - I have gone on record as saying Busch is the worst tasting beer ever, but my ratings for this are lower. Why? It's a cheaply produced American Macro Light beer - don't expect anything good. This beer is good for dirnkers looking to drink solely for drinking's sake - there is no discernible appearance, smell or drink that tips someone off that they are indeed drinking a beer. My experience in that department was that at most college keggers I went to Busch Light kegs were the popular choice. Incredibly cheap, girls who hated beer would drink it because it was so watery and no one cared if you spilt it. If you're looking for a good light beer in the American Macro section, avoid this one (avoid most of them). (721 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -38.2%

What can I say? This beer is the supposed opitome of the undrinkable macro pilsner.

The color is piss-yellow with a ultra-dry, awkwardly sweet taste and an atrociously bitter finish. Not much different in style and taste from Coors Light and has a similar syrupy taste and arid bitterness. A single sip and you find yourself wishing it was on tap.

In your mouth, the beer tastes like bitter, dry corn syrup. Busch claims to have "More Flavor, Less Calories". What flavor? Every time I guzzle down a can of this, whether with food or by itself, it immediately keys into my gag reflex and makes me think of all those days as an idiot college boy throwing up from drinking too much shitty beer.

Avoid this at all costs. If you can't avoid, dont drink anything. (763 characters)

1.27/5  rDev -37.7%

Two fingers of head in a tulip glass. Clear, golden colored body with a single line of bubbles.
Smell is one step above rotten. It's a damp grain in a metal container smell.
The taste is licking the metal container.
Fizzy and light texture.
Oh, this is pretty bad. Avoid. (272 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -37.3%

Draft pitcher. I wish I could be proud of my little home town, but the two bars there have five taps between them with this, Michelob Light, Bacardi Raz, Coors Light, and Schell’s 1919 Root Beer. I’m okay with the root beer, but really! Almost every bottled or canned beer here is "light" too! While my brothers and I chewed the fat, we worked down a pitcher of this swill. The dominating taste is water. Some corn sqeezin's, but no malt character at all. I should have known better, but that was my choice. Like the namesake president, this beer’s presentation is all lies with no substance to back it up. (609 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -37.3%

Presentation: Poured a nearly clear yellow color with a quickly foaming head that dissipated just as rapidly. Took a sniff... ICK! Sharp corn "tang" to the scent. It smelled like heaven knows what else was put in this beer.

Tasting: This beer is almost too harsh to review. Even from the cup it had a metallic aftertaste to it. It was bitter, but not in a good way. It really didn't have that "beer" taste to it at all. It didn't have any good balance to it at all. I had to swallow this quickly because I couldn't really stand the way it felt on my tongue.

At $13.99 for a 30-pack, this beer is overpriced. People pay good money to get this on tap near me too. Spend an extra dollar for each case you buy and get something somewhat better. (746 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It pours a truly pale yellow, very uninspiring, and the head sprouts and dies in a flash.

The aroma is very weak, beyond mild, with nothing I could identify besides perhaps cooked grain.

The taste delivers what the smell promises, which simply is not much. There's weak malt that disappears as quickly as you taste it, almost making it unidentifiable. When that goes, there's a trace of hop bitterness making you believe that perhaps it really was beer you just drank.

It is very light bodied, feeling thinner than water, maybe because you expect at least a little more. But you don't get it.

It's almost odorless, which may be a blessing, and terribly bland. There were two cans left in my beer fridge from my parents' last visit, so I figured, what the heck, right? Wrong! The second one went right into the trash. I wouldn't even cook with it. I don't like to trash a beer, because I know someone somewhere likes it, but I just can't help myself here. Yep, it's drinkable, just like water, so next time, failing other options, I'll have the water. (1,065 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -36.3%

I actually went and got a six pack of this stuff to give it a fair chance.

So I can't believe I am reviewing this beer but I am. Pale color, smells like burnt corn, tastes like corn and has the carbonation of a bad soda. Mouthfeel = water.

Better than a Keystone Light and other comparable crappy brands. Still, this is one for if you just want to get really trashed and don't care about beer at all. If you want a bit of alcohol in water then here's your beer.

Avoid. (471 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This is a really poor beer. Very little of anything going on in this. I was handed a can at a friends party and i tried it because I didn't want to be a jerk. I had a few beers before this one that were quite good and I felt like this had nothing in it. I couldn't pick up real strong tasting notes or aromas. Still don't get how people crave this stuff... (356 characters)

1.31/5  rDev -35.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

I'd be hard pressed to find any differences between this and Bud Light. I'd be hard pressed to find any differences between this and basically any other AAL. I'd be hard pressed to find any real differences between this and a bottle of Aquafina. When the dollar price of a beer is almost half the number of cans you're getting, something's not right.

A 30-pack of Busch Light is $15.99.
That is 53 cents per can.
That is about 4 cents per ounce.

Don't trust a beer that cheap. There's a reason that you're paying mere pennies each time you take a sip. I'm not the kind of dick who always goes to the store and buys Heinz ketchup or Glad garbage bags - I typically settle for the Walmart alternative (except when it comes to toilet paper, I always use Charmin). But this is a different story. Cheaper is not always better. It's just.... cheaper.

Busch Light is the beer that bitch slapped your liver for the first time back when you were a sophomore in high school trying to impress that blonde from math class who showed up to your friend's bonfire. "Toss me another one, bro!" The Boone's Farm of beer.

At least it comes in camouflage cans. (1,146 characters)

1.31/5  rDev -35.8%

The pours a slightly yellow white into my cup. That is sad, in my present (drunk) condition I thought that it was water for a second. I gave it a two because of the frothy head that does stick around. The smell is pretty bad, that of bad beer. The taste is almost not there at all. It does show a little while after it warmed up. Just bad cereal malts, kinda like cheerios. The mouthfeel is extremely watery. It is drinkable when ice cold, but when wamer the sweetness is adjunct and lowers the drinkability. The only reason people drink this is because it has no flavor. They think they are drinking good beer. As for me, this New Years really early morning I am going back to the Sierra Nevada Stout. Happy New Year's to all you fellow good beer drinkers. (757 characters)

1.31/5  rDev -35.8%

Why do I do this to myself? Open minded...here we go...

This is very light, just barely pale gold color. Quick white head that goes "dodo" very quickly.

Stale malt and corn aroma. Dank. Old socks

Taste? Not much. The stale malt is more old socksy and the corn is underneath. I'd think this is sock flavored water. Fizzy. This does not taste like beer. Not even close, but it does match the category a bit. (408 characters)

Busch Light from Anheuser-Busch