Busch Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Busch Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 375 | Hads: 1,476
2.73/5  rDev +40.7%

24 ounce can, "born on date" of July 8, 2011. The "Ice Cold Easy" indicator on the can is still blue, so it must be good to drink right now! Served in a nonic pint glass, the beer pours a clear straw gold color with about an inch white head that went away quickly. Good amount of lacing left on the glass. Aroma is sweet malt and adjuncts, it doesn't smell bad at all. It's not exactly an appealing aroma, but it doesn't smell awful either. Taste is mostly like the aroma, it tastes like sweet malt, adjuncts, and has a bit of a vegetal taste too. Mouthfeel/body is light, it's actually a little bit slick, and it's also easy enough to drink. Moderate/high carbonation. Overall it's not great, but it's not horrible either. For $1.49 a can, I can't complain. I wouldn't make a point to buy this, but I've had worse. For the style of beer this is, it's not bad.

2.75/5  rDev +41.8%

Appearance – This is a nice, deep yellow in color and strangely seems darker than the regular Bush. The head was typically bright light, full, and quick to fade.

Smell – The grain here is actually not so bad, again better than I remember the non-light version of this beer. It’s not stale or overly sugared and has a lot of length.

Taste – The grain manages to be non-corny although it is a little stale.

Mouthfeel – This ultra-light lager isn’t bad in the mouth but I didn’t get the rich carbonation that I remember from his big brother.

Drinkability – Overall this is a refreshing example of the style that doesn’t offend.

2.75/5  rDev +41.8%

I actually gave this beer up after I had it once, but came back to it as it is very thirst quenching when cold. It's good for that. Also when you want beer if you are having a lot of friends coming over, its OK.
Not a lot of taste but good when you have been doing hot manual labor on a summer day.

2.77/5  rDev +42.8%

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is very mild, maybe some notes of corn there. Taste is crisp, mild, some corn and malts. Feels watery in the mouth. Very drinkable, a good beer for a round or to of drinking games. Overall not the worst light beer I have had, but nothing great.

2.83/5  rDev +45.9%

Busch Light....

Miserable yet glorious.

I just cant hate on a beer that sells for 12 dollars a case...and I definitely cannot get too technical on this one....it would just be silly to describe it in any detail whatsoever.

Sometimes beer should be drank in quantities and not just for quality.

2.85/5  rDev +46.9%

Drank from bottle, the label is actually pretty cool.

A: Can't really tell through the dark bottle, i'm guessing a light piss yellow, with barely any foam and a few carbonation bubbles.

S: A tad skunky, thin, notes of corn and malt

T: Like the smell, watery, skunky on the back end, and a slight corn flavor.

M: Water, Carbonated.

O: It's a beer, plain and simple, no frills, no thrills, just a fairly inexpensive cookout beer, there are way better choices, but if you happen to have some on hand it's drinkable.

2.85/5  rDev +46.9%

First off, I'm from St. Louis - so this beer has been around me and been consumed by my uncles, grandpas, etc.. my whole life. It's known around here as the beer that the 'South City Hoosiers' drink, if that means anything to you. South St. Louis - home of the fat wallet (think Costanza) and Busch Beer.

Anyway, this beer isn't as bad as some of the reviewers are saying on here. I think there are a lot of so-called beer snobs who now that they've had a few IPA's and Imperial Stouts are turning their noses up at what they grew up on drinking - cheap, light, session beers.

In my opinion, this and Busch aren't too shabby for that cheap beer that you can drink a lot of. Perfect for camping, float trips, pounding a bunch for watching games, doing yard work, etc. Is it a great beer, no, but it serves it's purpose.

Very clear, very light, not much head and no lace retention. This isn't that type of beer. No hoppy presence or malt backbone. Just a flat out light, crisp refreshing beer you can pound. It's better than any of the other cheaper beers by far - and i got a 30 pack for $15.

Grab you a coozie, ice up some Rocky tops and have a good day drinking beer with your buds.

2.86/5  rDev +47.4%

This is my first review, so I thought I would review something I have had a ton of.

Apperance: Golden in color with a inch or so of foam. Looks like a beer.

Smell: Malty. Smells like most other lite beers. Nothing to write home about.

Taste: Kind of watery. Poured it into a glass. If it were possible, I would pour it back in the bottle and drink it.

Mouthfeel: Not much there. Lots of carbonation.

Drinkability: It does its job. I enjoy this much more in the bottle rather than putting it in a glass. This is a 3 month beer - June, July and August. If you are at the pool, BBQ or sitting inthe front yard, this is where the beer should be drank.

Overall, I will dirnk this again. Like it much more that Miller Lite.

2.89/5  rDev +49%

I was not very fond of Busch Light, but it is a cheap beer for any college student. The taste of the beer was average, while the smell was below average. Overall the average and below average characteristics of the beer made it a below average beer in my opinion. It is not one that I would buy.

2.9/5  rDev +49.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I finally forced myself to try this beer, because of everyone saying its the best cheap beer and i had basically no money. So i bought a 12 pack for 8 bucks just to see what i thought.

poured it into a glass an it looked light any other cheap light beer so i wasnt surprised.

smell was really all that great, i dont know why but i got a earthy smell, not really dirt type but just earth.

taste wasn't bad for a mass produced beer- carbonation, watered down, and very slight sensation of hops.

mouthfeel was basically watered down, with no real feel very drinkable. for the price it is a good session beer and if you are down on money

2.91/5  rDev +50%

Appearance - poured from can into glass. Had 2 finger nice head and very nice clear yellow color. No lacing.

Smell - Urine smell. Animal urine.

Taste - Goes down very easy and decent flavor although very light in flavor.

Mouthfeel - watery.

Overall - Very easy, cheap drinker but some lingering weird aftertaste makes it not quite as refreshing as other macros.

2.95/5  rDev +52.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.5

This beer pours a nice gold color but has a very white and thin head. The aroma is of a light malt aroma with little to no hops. This beer has a good amount of carbonation and is not very bitter. It does not taste of much anything except water and a light malt and a small amount of it. It is very drinkable if your plan is to drink alot of them.

2.98/5  rDev +53.6%

Same as Busch in a 95 calorie watered down version.
MOR adjunct that was one of the 1st Non-Stroh beer's I drank as a youth.
1st tasted after a 10 hour drive from Nowhere Indiana to even more nowhere Missouri.
After the drive the cold Busch, at the time, was the best beer I ever tasted. It was perfect.. now that I'm not 19, don't smoke ,and my taste buds and smell have returned...
Not so perfect.. but a sentimental favourite nonetheless!
Carry on Citizens!

This is another beer to mow and play golf with. It is good for that at least. I usually have this in cans when i do have it and it tastes fine smells ok drinks well, and is cheap and easy to find. It is like the rest of these mass produced beers. I would drink it again.

12oz can served in a 12oz can

L - I didn't pour this in a glass but I'd have to say it's average for the style.

S - grainy aroma.

T - light grainy taste but afterall it is a light lager beer.

F - light and highly carbonated.

O - this beer can be had in bunches and sometimes drinking a beer in bunches is good.

Pours a pale straw yellow with a finger of fluffy white head (yes, I dirtied a glass for this.) Smell is similar to most adjunt lagers; ie. Sweet corn. Taste is pretty blasé. However, I'm not going to berate this beer. It's not trying to be a top 100 (or 1000 for that matter) beer. It's easy drinking and mixes well with Clamato when I don't have Straub or Rolling Rock in the fridge. I've knocked back quite a few of these this evening and really have nothing bad to say. Clean finish and easy drinking. It is what it is.

3.03/5  rDev +56.2%

This is a very special, commemorative beer for me. You see, this is my father's favorite beer and since he came up from Florida to visit in early August, he left a few in my fridge as a 'parting gift'. So, thanks dad, for giving me the opportunity to try your favorite! Presented in a 12 oz aluminum can with a born on date of July 26th 2008, so it's pretty fresh!

Note: It's a hot day here, so as my '07 Oaked Arrogant Bastard chills, this will serve as a nice appetizer.

A: Pours a medium brassy yellow, completely clear with a super sudsy, bright white head. After about 2 minutes, the head dissipates completely, leaving an eddy of small bubbles swirling about.

S: Lightly toasted malts and hearty grains. Some dry yeast picked up, as well.

T: Metal, like aluminum on the front with a watery, raw corn edge. In the middle, high carbonation all over the place with light malts, grains and slight alcohol.

M: Super light and crisp with an abundance of carbonation.

Overall, too light and watered down for me. Okay for it's style (light lager). Simple and to the point. Thanks dad, for the opportunity to try this one (as I know it would never be in my beer fridge otherwise).

3.05/5  rDev +57.2%

Might have overrated it a little but here is why:
Busch Light is cheap as hell
It doesn't have much flavor and isn't too carbonated making it easy to drink fast and get messed up.
Not a good beer but its easy to drink and cheap and I find myself buying it often

3.05/5  rDev +57.2%

I had this over to a friends house. It was poured into a frosted pint glass(not my choice). The beer looks like a typical macro light beer-light yellow with a fluffy head. Smell?-light hint of sweetness. The beer does not have much flavor either. The beer is water thin, hence it went down like I was drinking water. This is a typical light beer, it appeals to the masses because it is non offensive. But given the choice I will not be drinking it again.

3.05/5  rDev +57.2%

Large fizzy head that dissipates rapidly. No lacing. Very clear body. Very light straw colored. Active carbonation.

Light aroma. Some malt. Some adjunct. Mildly sweet.

One of the better AB / INBEV light adjunct lagers. Mild malt. Mild adjunct. Mildly sweet. Very mild smokiness. Yeasty, grainy flavor. Somewhat stale. Watery, light, and drinkable. Inoffensive. Still manages to have some character. No hops. Drink ice cold. Really not that bad. Does not taste high quality. But easy to drink and goes down smooth.

Light bodied. Lots of carbonation.

A top 10 American beer in terms of sales. Goes down smooth. Hard to hate. Hard to love. Boring, cheap, inoffensive beer.

3.06/5  rDev +57.7%

Found this beer to be better than Keystone Light for those times when you just want a light beer, like when you have had a few to many strong brews, or when you just feel like your drinking to much money. Hey I am a college student, what can I say, I think its better than Keystone anyways.

Has an ok taste, still would rather have a bud normally, but when I reach for something cheap or just when I am really thirsty this one makes the list.

3.15/5  rDev +62.4%

Background: Why review this simple, macro product that is ranked near the bottom and not thought highly of? Simply because it is the first beer I ever had. 6-pack of long neck bottles on my 16th b-day (I was underage). It was about all anyone drank, so myself and my friends didn't know anybetter. So for my first review I picked up a sixer ($3.99), got a glass and revisited an old friend.

Appearance: Light yellow. But its supposed to be this color. Gave it low marks 'cause you would think they could just dump something in it to alter the color.

Smell: Nothing noticeable. Again it is supposed to be this way. I gave it good marks as it does what it is supposed to - not offend.

Taste: No noticeable flavors except a slight sweetness (corn or rice?). They want a flavorless product that does not offend and can be consumed by the masses. High marks for excellent acheivement of their goals.

Mouthfeel: Once again, mission accomplished. Nothing to offend yet nothing to stir the imagination.

Drinkability: Went down easy. Put away the whole six in no time. A-B got what it wanted. A cheaper beer the masses can consume in quantity. Easy to consume many to just get hammered.

Final Thoughts: Just like I remember (should get bonus points for consistency from one bottle to another). Since this is the first beer I ever had, if I would not have liked it, I may not be drinking beer now. In a way it has helped me to get to BA, because I thought "there has to be something better out there".

3.19/5  rDev +64.4%

I poured from a 40 oz. bottle into a small Polar beer glass that I received from a friend in Venezuela.

A=A rather transparent light yellow. Many noticeable, upwardly mobile bubbles. Head was apparent and frothy for about 10 seconds and then disappeared quickly.

S=Faint but good...a light smell of beer.

T=I haven't had a Busch in a long time--and I liked Busch when I drank it--but this barely reminds me of that. A lighter taste, not really much different than other light beers, but still somewhat enjoyable. Reminds me of an Old Milwaukee (not the light version).

M=Okay, nothing outstanding, but not bad.

D=Definitely could get used to this; the 40 oz. is priced the same as Bud, Bud Light, and Miller Lite, so there is no price advantage to choosing this beer over others; the taste is a bit better than Lite.

I bought this beer primarily to use as a "ringer" in helping me perfect a Black and Tan...a pale comparison to the traditional lagers used, but it should help me eliminate some darker beers for Black and Tan use, i.e. if you can't make a Black and Tan with Busch Light, it won't be any use with better lagers.

3.19/5  rDev +64.4%

Pours a golden color with thick head thinning to a lace. Smells like fermented corn vomit. Goes down pretty smooth with surprisingly hoppy and bitter, and a little dry. Not bad overall. One of the better light beers.

3.25/5  rDev +67.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

This is not a craft.. For a light beer, and price the taste is not bad. I like it. Crisp and light beer. You can get buzz half the price of miller light and coors light. This is a good beer on budget. Nothing offensive about it All lithe beer drinkers should try it would save you some money.

Busch Light from Anheuser-Busch