Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

to view more.
Ratings: 1,897 | Reviews: 548

Cant even drink this anymore. Last time resulted in vomiting..after only one!

Enhanced college experience. Forever grateful.

Good old Natty Light. I do not think that I have ever actually purchased one of these, rather have had a few after I ran through my beer on the golf course and my friend Danny didn't want to see me give up on a buzz, or just wanted to make sure my score continued downhill. Nonetheless, it's a beer only in the sense of governmental guidelines, I'm sure. Taste has the faintest corn mixed in with minerals rounding it out before the bitter finish of what can only be described as a once proud presence of alcohol that is only a passing relic in the experience.

2.53/5  rDev +50.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

DOWN. Drink only when necessary.... or if fishing!

1.11/5  rDev -33.9%

This beer causes one the worst beer hangovers ever!

1.6/5  rDev -4.8%

A horrid beer. But ya can't beat the value and nostalgia on this.

3.41/5  rDev +103%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A solid choice in the value price point. A good cheap beer if that's what your looking for. You can do worse.

Best beer on the market. Drink 2 or drink 20. This beer never quits being the most iconic symbol of fraternal bliss ever created

4.2/5  rDev +150%

This beer isn't meant to compete with any of the top stuff here.... it's just a cheap, light beer that you can throw in a cooler and have on a hot day before the game or when you're grilling - and for that it's perfect. I always have a few in my fridge when I'm looking for something light. Brings back memories too :)

Solid cheap beer, good value

Brings back amazing memories of college

1.15/5  rDev -31.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

The worst "beer" I have ever had.

1.63/5  rDev -3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Best cheap beer out there

3.45/5  rDev +105.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Best bang for your buck

1.47/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured an almost clear, slightly yellow color with a lot of fizz. The smell was very faint with only some rice scent. The flavor was little to nothing with some rice soda flavor at the finish. Not too crazy about what is basically iced beer tea.

1.92/5  rDev +14.3%

I'm going to try to give this an objective review. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's out of a sense of duty, given the connection I have to this beer through my college experience. Well here goes.... Picked up a single 16 oz. can at the corner gas station. Pours in to a Craft Beer Exchange pint glass with a thin, fizzy head that dissipates almost instantaneously. The exceptionally pale, translucent, yellow beer affords a good look at the bubbles streaming to the surface. Without them, it would appear completely lifeless and stale. I was going to talk about the aroma, but there is none. I accidentally dipped my nose in to the beer while trying to get close enough to detect...anything. Traces of pale malts and a vague "beer" smell. That's about it. The taste? Almost nothing there either. It is so mild and nondescript that I would hesitate to label the flavor. Perhaps a faint aftertaste of creamed corn. With a watery mouthfeel, average carbonation and an exceedingly thin body, it makes you wonder why. Why would anyone voluntarily buy this? Why even bother? I guess the answer is found in my college dorm days. My roommate's dad worked for Anheuser-Busch, and the college was located just outside of St Louis. So, if you use your imagination, I'm sure you can envision that this was NOT a good combination for a freshman living out of state. I managed to wallpaper the entire ceiling of our room with the case labels. But, as cheap as each 30-pack was, it exacted a much higher price in the form of poor judgment, embarrassment, and legal fees for my drunken escapades. The moral of the story? Drink this beer only if it's free. But be prepared to be completely uninspired, possibly nauseated, and maybe even arrested.

Dirt dirt dirt dirt dirty beer

2.1/5  rDev +25%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

If there were a category for use versatility ( ipecac, projectiles) and sheer memories from the days of yore where a case of this was like having a briefcase full of nudie mags, I would not put that amorphous glob into the overall, but what can I do? Beer is a social drink, and this brand did a lot of the breaking in of life and my place in it during my formative years....

This is absolute piss water.

If I had to compare this to a movie, it would be The Room, so terrible you must have it.

I wonder if this is even beer, disgusting.

1.02/5  rDev -39.3%

I started drinking craft beers about 6 years ago. I'm 29 now. I used to drink Bud Light as a college student, but I would always avoid Natural Light. I can't drink anything from A-B these days. We actually keep this in stock at the hospital pharmacy I work at for alcoholics who have to have a beer each day during their stay. I pretty much have to apologize for handing this swill out.

Even as a broke college student I avoided this sorry excuse for a beer like the plague. It baffles me how anyone could take a look at the finished product and think it's good to bring to market. Even as a beer pong beer it fails; especially when coors light is a better option.

Looks: Dull yellow, just on examination you can tell that you're in for a world of hurt.
Smell: mildly sweet with a small hint of rice. Not in a good way like a Japanese red ale, but like cheap, mass produced garbage.
Taste: At first it's pungent and nearly undrinkable. Then it becomes slightly dull and tastes of tea made from the contents of a lawnmower bag with a pack of sugar.
Mouth feel: every synapse in your brain fires off as you are overcome with a sense of agony. Your body wants to reject it, but you fight against yourself and take the gulp. By the end of the can you want to cry.

I would advise against this beer.

I sit down with an ice cold can, and only the purest thoughts of alcoholic absolution run through my mind. Cracking open the top and listening to the hiss of the carbonation, I'm immediately transported to a land of verdant, rolling hops and ice cold mountain streams. Indeed, this is a beer meant for kings and gods, that much is apparent from the outset. A routine pour reveals a beer steeped in ineffable majesty. The cascading, golden lager results in sumptuous suds, with a head that literally begs for a deep, long drag from the dry gulch of the thirsty everyman. Beer meant for men, and not much else needs to be said. Brewers can do it right, or do it wrong, and Natural Light hits a slam dunk every time. I love this beer more than I love pizza.

2.17/5  rDev +29.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

I rated it as I felt appropriate.

to view more.