Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

to view more.
Ratings: 1,911 | Reviews: 558
Reviews by Stinkypuss:
1.52/5  rDev -9.5%

First off, let me say I am reviewing this for the folly of it all. I got it from my fridge and who knows where it came from or how long it had been there.

A. Poured from a 12 oz can into a frosted mug. Palest yellow with some head that sticks around and shows some lace. Not a terrible start.

S. Takes a dive in the smell. Smells like garbage. The kind thats been sitting out for quite some time. I'm in for a bad one.

T. Extremely light. A watered down beer experience. Starts off grainey with a bit of a corn taste, a slight bitter note is barely noticed which must be some sad attempt to hop this beer. Finishes off slightly metallic.

M. Just like water. A bit bubbly like watered down seltzer water.

D. This can be drank and is by a devoted crowd of poor college kids. I am not impressed. In fact, I'm disappointed....in myself...for drinking this.

1.92/5  rDev +14.3%

I'm going to try to give this an objective review. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's out of a sense of duty, given the connection I have to this beer through my college experience. Well here goes.... Picked up a single 16 oz. can at the corner gas station. Pours in to a Craft Beer Exchange pint glass with a thin, fizzy head that dissipates almost instantaneously. The exceptionally pale, translucent, yellow beer affords a good look at the bubbles streaming to the surface. Without them, it would appear completely lifeless and stale. I was going to talk about the aroma, but there is none. I accidentally dipped my nose in to the beer while trying to get close enough to detect...anything. Traces of pale malts and a vague "beer" smell. That's about it. The taste? Almost nothing there either. It is so mild and nondescript that I would hesitate to label the flavor. Perhaps a faint aftertaste of creamed corn. With a watery mouthfeel, average carbonation and an exceedingly thin body, it makes you wonder why. Why would anyone voluntarily buy this? Why even bother? I guess the answer is found in my college dorm days. My roommate's dad worked for Anheuser-Busch, and the college was located just outside of St Louis. So, if you use your imagination, I'm sure you can envision that this was NOT a good combination for a freshman living out of state. I managed to wallpaper the entire ceiling of our room with the case labels. But, as cheap as each 30-pack was, it exacted a much higher price in the form of poor judgment, embarrassment, and legal fees for my drunken escapades. The moral of the story? Drink this beer only if it's free. But be prepared to be completely uninspired, possibly nauseated, and maybe even arrested.

I sit down with an ice cold can, and only the purest thoughts of alcoholic absolution run through my mind. Cracking open the top and listening to the hiss of the carbonation, I'm immediately transported to a land of verdant, rolling hops and ice cold mountain streams. Indeed, this is a beer meant for kings and gods, that much is apparent from the outset. A routine pour reveals a beer steeped in ineffable majesty. The cascading, golden lager results in sumptuous suds, with a head that literally begs for a deep, long drag from the dry gulch of the thirsty everyman. Beer meant for men, and not much else needs to be said. Brewers can do it right, or do it wrong, and Natural Light hits a slam dunk every time. I love this beer more than I love pizza.

1.08/5  rDev -35.7%

Used to drink this back in high school when a 30 pack was $10, haven't touch it in years, big nasty corn wet newspaper aroma and taste.

1.46/5  rDev -13.1%

I was in town, had one mission to complete (pick up two pizzas for my friend's kids), and lots of time on my hands. So I was bored. Sue me. (no, don't.) I saw a six pack of Natural ("Natty") Light just chilling lonely in the bargain brew section. $4.49, I figured...why not. How bad can it be? It's an Annheuser-Busch product, if anything it's just a little worse than Busch Light.

I'm here to tell you, this swill is baaaaad. Like whoa, bad. Laugh out loud bad. It's drinkable, yes, but throw taste out the window, it tastes like garbage.

Appearance (2) : It actually pours a head. Surprising. The body is the clearest beer I have ever seen. It's like bad municipal city water.

Aroma (1.75) : tin, grain, washed out corn, light floral, watered down steamed rice.

Flavor (1.5) : None. Well okay. It's a rush of tin and metal, with a malt liquor-type of alcohol burn, followed by the faintest hint of malted grain. And when I mean faint, I mean faint. That is it for flavor, that is as descriptive and as thorough as I can be. So there you have it.

Mouthfeel (1.5) : Fizzy, stabbing carbonation and a watery wash. It drinks easy, though.

Overall (1.46) : I can already feel myself getting a headache from this and I'm only a half of a can in. Can I rename this beer to "liquid metal"? It might sell better that way and at least they're being honest about the taste. The belches have more flavor than the beer itself. So in closing this beer is close to the worst I've ever had in my life. If you truly hate yourself you'll buy and drink this beer. It really truly is, pure garbage. I may honestly use the rest of the six pack for target practice on the range.

Smells and taste like cat piss. Reminds me of high school and not in a good way.

This beet taste like watered down piss, this is by far the worst beer i have ever tasted.

1.28/5  rDev -23.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

The last time I had a Natty Light, I was trying to bounce a ping pong ball into a red Solo cup at the other end of the table. Natty Light is one of those beers that you drink because it's super cheap. It tastes like water that's been filtered through an old, rusty pipe. Nobody enjoys it, nobody likes it. They drink it because it goes down like Aquafina and they're still technically drinking "beer". But this is far from beer.

So pale of a straw color that it might as well be clear. Mild chill haze. No aroma... Oh, wait... I think I'm getting something... Smells like metal and corn. My favorite. Tastes a little like metal and corn, too. Very grainy and watery. It isn't so much offensive as it is basically nonexistent by any "beer" related metrics. Very nearly no smell, taste, color, and the mouth feel is akin to tap water with some carbonation. Overall, I'd suggest going to bed thirsty before wasting your time and money on this stuff. Yuck.

2.02/5  rDev +20.2%

Ah natty, unbeatable at $8 a case. Basically water, with a slight amount of flavor from rice and weak grains. Only redeeming factors are lots of carbonation and the price tag. The 8 people that listed this in their "got" section for beer trading should be shot.

2.7/5  rDev +60.7%

Natty in the bottle. Well lets see.

A- A very pale piss color is appearent on pour, active carbonation throws a massive foamy head that floats like ice on the brew. Mildly sticky froth on sides of glass.

S- Corn husk with slighty sweet grainy scents upfront. Noticeable metallic hints.

T-M- Tastes like it smells... light corn and malts with grainy metallic backbone. Mouthfeel is smooth as water with alcohol added. Light carbonated feel on tongue.

D- Made to drink alot of and hits every college kids budget. My party beer of choice if more than twelve beers is on the agenda.

2.05/5  rDev +22%

Although this is one of the most widely sold and drank beers in America it is quite awful. An extremely light and watered down lager with a high level of carbonation and very little actual beer flavor. The only use this beer actually has is to get college kids drunk.

1.27/5  rDev -24.4%

I think we can all agree that this beer only has one purpose... Getting hammered. I really think it's only good use is for beer pong or drinking games. Again, this is only a good choice if you're looking to drink beer in large quantities. Do not food pair this beer.

1.33/5  rDev -20.8%

A- Very light straw color. Pours with a very large head of small white bubbles that fades quickly leaving no lacing.

S- Strange and off. Apples come through a bit along with corn and metal. Yuck.

T- Almost saved by how watery it is. There is the corn and metal from the nose but not the apple. Theres some sweetness that doesn't taste entirely unlike malt. The back end is metal and urine, forcing you to chug down more to wash it away.

M- Fairly high in carbonation and extremely watery this beer fortunately goes down quickly but isn't much different than water.

D- Well you could easily have 20 of these but who would want to? It does its job but in a very unpleasant way. Synonymous with bad beer for a good reason.

1.36/5  rDev -19%

Presentation: 12 oz light silver can with a "Born On Date" on the bottom of the can. 110 calories for a light beer.

Appearance: Pale oh so pale yellow, perhaps the palest beer of them all. Thank the beer gods cause there is a head, thin as paper but there is a head.

Smell: Odd cooked grain and cereal aroma, a bit of dirt in the nose also ... not earth but dirt, perhaps the metallic aroma from the can and the cooked veggie smell?

Taste: Thin body, thin malt. Crisp with a tonic like carbonation and a scarcely smooth mouth feel. Extremely faint malt flavour, cereal grains are more noticeable. Hops are nearly negligible and the only reason they even are present in the flavour threshold is that there is barely any malt flavour. On the dry side with a weird thin flash of sweetness that seems forced. The after taste consists of pretty much nothing except a very faded grain and corn taste.

Notes: Where's the beer? Light beers are light beers but this is on the verge of not even being beer.

3.78/5  rDev +125%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

1.8/5  rDev +7.1%

Poured a really pale yellow , lots of fizz for a bit , then no head. Smell is really thin , clean metal , faint beery character. The taste is just so damn thin. But it is cold! Thats good right? Anyways , hints at some corny grain and hay stored in metal. Clean taste that comes and goes rapid fire. Im not one to turn down a free beer , so as long as im outside in the sun , and theres nothing else... i'll drink it. Otherwise , barely beer. It was also very light as promised on the can. The main thing is that the bad flavors were less prounced.

4.05/5  rDev +141.1%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

Nasty light!!!

2.63/5  rDev +56.5%

Not a great beer to show-off with, but for the price, it's okay for what you pay. Just about the same calories and taste as Michelob Ultra, but for half the price. So when you're feeling cheap and want a light beer not to fatten your stomach too much, it's a great choice. Have fun beer-lovers!!!

1.45/5  rDev -13.7%

I feel like I'm stabbing an old friend in the back. This and Keystone Light got me through college. Even then, I knew this was piss. Clear, yellow, fizzy pee. The taste was palateable in large quantities as it was watered down corn meal and sugar. But it was 12 cans of for $3.99. Who cares, at least it wasn't Hamm's, right?

3.15/5  rDev +87.5%

A - decent looking can, familiar AB logo.

S - not much smell really

T - It's definitely a cheap, light, American beer. Not what I would reach for in a brew pub, but in a cooler on ice while watching the race, not a horrible taste for the low price. Reminds me of being a kid with an absentee budget again.

M - Actually a little dirty, like drinking from the hose with some carbonation in there. A beer like this should not be allowed to linger in a glass or a can though. It's for drinking. Sort of like box wine or generic pretzels. As long as it's not stale, it will get the job done.

O - Not pouring it down the drain, It can get there when I'm done with it. It's decent to drink when you're trying to pinch pennies.

1.27/5  rDev -24.4%

Hmm, Beer Advocate wouldn't let me choose beer bong as a serving type...just kidding, sort of. Actually...poured from a keg into our beer pitcher and thereafter into my solo cup for college pubnite...solo cup promptly has a keg cap dropped in it and I proceed to chug the first of a number of these for the evening. As much as Natty may have tried, it didn't keep me from graduating with flying colors this past May...though I should say Natty may have resulted in a number of other colors flying out of me at various times over the years...

Appearance- Pale, pale, pale jaundiced yellow as it slides its way out of the tap into our pitcher. Is this beer or watery-ass lemonade? Surprisingly it pours with about four fingers of massive, quickly dying head into our pitcher. Oh wait...this isn't surprising because this keg is self serve and no-one apparently knows not to over-pump the keg...regardless, the head is gone almost as soon as it appears, so maybe it was just a figment of my imagination anyway.

Smell- Mmmm, mmmm, smells like a big handful of corn and sweaty pocket change. Metal and adjunct is all I really get from the nose on this beast. Can't say I like it, but can't really say it has much a smell at all to be honest.

Taste- So, when I was a child I lived on a farm in the midwest and we had our own well. One time after coming back from vacation in the summer, the well had settled with a lot of iron and the water was hard as hell and tasted like it has been soaking in copper pennies. If you took that water, carbonated it, tossed in some lead paint chips, and added some cheap alcohol, that's pretty much Natty. Seriously though, this beer is watery and its primary flavors when they actually show through are corn, adjunct, metal, and an odd sickly sweetness. Bleh.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability-Well, if you like bad tasting carbonated water, then this is drinkable as anything else I guess...thin, nonexistent body and extremely high carbonation. One of the worst ways to get drunk...I'm glad I found BA by my sophomore year in college...

Overall, there's really no reason to drink this beer except to get drunk. And even at that, there are other better macros at the same price scale. Hope to never drink this beer again.

2.25/5  rDev +33.9%

Pours pale yellow with fizzy white head. Smells grainy, lots of adjucts. Doesn't taste like much of anything other than vague graininess, its not unpleasant though. Very light bodied. I have to give it an average drinkability rating, its not good but its ok as a session beer. I wouldn't reccomend it as any type of craft beer, but its cheap and drinkable. Not to mention, its not really any different from any other light beer.

1.32/5  rDev -21.4%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

You must be this broke to drink . . .

To call this beer yellow, would be a compliment. I picture them making this, pouring 6 oz of Bud Light into 6 oz. of water.

Aroma, nothing, taste, almost nothing, some aluminum and corn/rice aftertaste, no mouthfeel to speak of, but hey, its cheap and drinkable, since its really just water.

1.32/5  rDev -21.4%

Natural Light, just walk down Grant or McClaine in Morgantown and you will see this beer just about every place you look it seems unescapable down here. Well, my roomate had a party over the weekend and he offered me a leftover beer. According to him this beer isn't bad, and that he doesn't mind it well it appears a fizzy yellow not gold yellow with a quickly dissipating white head leaving drops of lace around the glass with each sip. The aroma has a very adjunct ridden aroma but it is almost bearable due to some detectable sweetness. I don't think this beer has any hops in it, when it comes down to it this beer is carbonated water flavored with "beer". If they sold a beer flavoring this would be it very dumbed down in flavor, aroma, and appearance designed for one thing mass consumption. It's not horrible tasting just there is nothing here worth tasting so, I guess for ten bucks a case this continues to be my peers drink of choice. The mouthfeel is seltza water definitely a poorly made beer that I could never have the urge for, and why drink a ton of this stuff all it will leave you is a bad hangover and a bloated stomach. Pass on the shitty beer if your trying to get drunk and grab a bottle of liquor some Jagermeister treats me much better than a case of Natty.

to view more.