Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,876 | Reviews: 538
Reviews by heganhound:

1.08/5  rDev -35.3%

Used to drink this back in high school when a 30 pack was $10, haven't touch it in years, big nasty corn wet newspaper aroma and taste.

1.46/5  rDev -12.6%

I was in town, had one mission to complete (pick up two pizzas for my friend's kids), and lots of time on my hands. So I was bored. Sue me. (no, don't.) I saw a six pack of Natural ("Natty") Light just chilling lonely in the bargain brew section. $4.49, I figured...why not. How bad can it be? It's an Annheuser-Busch product, if anything it's just a little worse than Busch Light.

I'm here to tell you, this swill is baaaaad. Like whoa, bad. Laugh out loud bad. It's drinkable, yes, but throw taste out the window, it tastes like garbage.

Appearance (2) : It actually pours a head. Surprising. The body is the clearest beer I have ever seen. It's like bad municipal city water.

Aroma (1.75) : tin, grain, washed out corn, light floral, watered down steamed rice.

Flavor (1.5) : None. Well okay. It's a rush of tin and metal, with a malt liquor-type of alcohol burn, followed by the faintest hint of malted grain. And when I mean faint, I mean faint. That is it for flavor, that is as descriptive and as thorough as I can be. So there you have it.

Mouthfeel (1.5) : Fizzy, stabbing carbonation and a watery wash. It drinks easy, though.

Overall (1.46) : I can already feel myself getting a headache from this and I'm only a half of a can in. Can I rename this beer to "liquid metal"? It might sell better that way and at least they're being honest about the taste. The belches have more flavor than the beer itself. So in closing this beer is close to the worst I've ever had in my life. If you truly hate yourself you'll buy and drink this beer. It really truly is, pure garbage. I may honestly use the rest of the six pack for target practice on the range.

Smells and taste like cat piss. Reminds me of high school and not in a good way.

I sit down with an ice cold can, and only the purest thoughts of alcoholic absolution run through my mind. Cracking open the top and listening to the hiss of the carbonation, I'm immediately transported to a land of verdant, rolling hops and ice cold mountain streams. Indeed, this is a beer meant for kings and gods, that much is apparent from the outset. A routine pour reveals a beer steeped in ineffable majesty. The cascading, golden lager results in sumptuous suds, with a head that literally begs for a deep, long drag from the dry gulch of the thirsty everyman. Beer meant for men, and not much else needs to be said. Brewers can do it right, or do it wrong, and Natural Light hits a slam dunk every time. I love this beer more than I love pizza.

1.5/5  rDev -10.2%

This beet taste like watered down piss, this is by far the worst beer i have ever tasted.

1.28/5  rDev -23.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

The last time I had a Natty Light, I was trying to bounce a ping pong ball into a red Solo cup at the other end of the table. Natty Light is one of those beers that you drink because it's super cheap. It tastes like water that's been filtered through an old, rusty pipe. Nobody enjoys it, nobody likes it. They drink it because it goes down like Aquafina and they're still technically drinking "beer". But this is far from beer.

So pale of a straw color that it might as well be clear. Mild chill haze. No aroma... Oh, wait... I think I'm getting something... Smells like metal and corn. My favorite. Tastes a little like metal and corn, too. Very grainy and watery. It isn't so much offensive as it is basically nonexistent by any "beer" related metrics. Very nearly no smell, taste, color, and the mouth feel is akin to tap water with some carbonation. Overall, I'd suggest going to bed thirsty before wasting your time and money on this stuff. Yuck.

2.02/5  rDev +21%

Ah natty, unbeatable at $8 a case. Basically water, with a slight amount of flavor from rice and weak grains. Only redeeming factors are lots of carbonation and the price tag. The 8 people that listed this in their "got" section for beer trading should be shot.

2.7/5  rDev +61.7%

Natty in the bottle. Well lets see.

A- A very pale piss color is appearent on pour, active carbonation throws a massive foamy head that floats like ice on the brew. Mildly sticky froth on sides of glass.

S- Corn husk with slighty sweet grainy scents upfront. Noticeable metallic hints.

T-M- Tastes like it smells... light corn and malts with grainy metallic backbone. Mouthfeel is smooth as water with alcohol added. Light carbonated feel on tongue.

D- Made to drink alot of and hits every college kids budget. My party beer of choice if more than twelve beers is on the agenda.

2.05/5  rDev +22.8%

Although this is one of the most widely sold and drank beers in America it is quite awful. An extremely light and watered down lager with a high level of carbonation and very little actual beer flavor. The only use this beer actually has is to get college kids drunk.

4.5/5  rDev +169.5%

1.27/5  rDev -24%

I think we can all agree that this beer only has one purpose... Getting hammered. I really think it's only good use is for beer pong or drinking games. Again, this is only a good choice if you're looking to drink beer in large quantities. Do not food pair this beer.

1.75/5  rDev +4.8%

2.25/5  rDev +34.7%

1.33/5  rDev -20.4%

A- Very light straw color. Pours with a very large head of small white bubbles that fades quickly leaving no lacing.

S- Strange and off. Apples come through a bit along with corn and metal. Yuck.

T- Almost saved by how watery it is. There is the corn and metal from the nose but not the apple. Theres some sweetness that doesn't taste entirely unlike malt. The back end is metal and urine, forcing you to chug down more to wash it away.

M- Fairly high in carbonation and extremely watery this beer fortunately goes down quickly but isn't much different than water.

D- Well you could easily have 20 of these but who would want to? It does its job but in a very unpleasant way. Synonymous with bad beer for a good reason.

1.25/5  rDev -25.1%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch