Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
Reviews by streetcommander:
streetcommander

2.6/5  rDev +54.8%

Taste very light, faint grassy hay-like flavor, faint malt teaser with a minor hop-pop that goes away after half a beer.

Let's face it, this is a lawnmower beer which doesn't taste like beer at all.

It's is a crisp, cold, and refreshing, highly carbonated, inexpensive Gatorade alternative. Very good Macro-swill beverage. I do not believe it is possible to get "wasted" drinking NL - there's just not enough abv. I've probably shotgunned 24 of these in 24 hour period without success.

02-21-2011 22:07:00 | More by streetcommander
davemarc87

Indiana

03-25-2014 03:50:33 | More by davemarc87
tectactoe

1.26/5  rDev -25%

The last time I had a Natty Light, I was trying to bounce a ping pong ball into a red Solo cup at the other end of the table. Natty Light is one of those beers that you drink because it's super cheap. It tastes like water that's been filtered through an old, rusty pipe. Nobody enjoys it, nobody likes it. They drink it because it goes down like Aquafina and they're still technically drinking "beer". But this is far from beer.

So pale of a straw color that it might as well be clear. Mild chill haze. No aroma... Oh, wait... I think I'm getting something... Smells like metal and corn. My favorite. Tastes a little like metal and corn, too. Very grainy and watery. It isn't so much offensive as it is basically nonexistent by any "beer" related metrics. Very nearly no smell, taste, color, and the mouth feel is akin to tap water with some carbonation. Overall, I'd suggest going to bed thirsty before wasting your time and money on this stuff. Yuck.

08-09-2012 00:47:40 | More by tectactoe
punkindrublic50

2.03/5  rDev +20.8%

Ah natty, unbeatable at $8 a case. Basically water, with a slight amount of flavor from rice and weak grains. Only redeeming factors are lots of carbonation and the price tag. The 8 people that listed this in their "got" section for beer trading should be shot.

06-18-2008 22:46:15 | More by punkindrublic50
tohe9384

09-11-2012 23:55:21 | More by tohe9384
wesbrownyeah

2.7/5  rDev +60.7%

Natty in the bottle. Well lets see.

A- A very pale piss color is appearent on pour, active carbonation throws a massive foamy head that floats like ice on the brew. Mildly sticky froth on sides of glass.

S- Corn husk with slighty sweet grainy scents upfront. Noticeable metallic hints.

T-M- Tastes like it smells... light corn and malts with grainy metallic backbone. Mouthfeel is smooth as water with alcohol added. Light carbonated feel on tongue.

D- Made to drink alot of and hits every college kids budget. My party beer of choice if more than twelve beers is on the agenda.

11-21-2009 23:39:55 | More by wesbrownyeah
tbryan5

Louisiana

01-05-2013 02:42:05 | More by tbryan5
CBOLAND17

2.03/5  rDev +20.8%

Although this is one of the most widely sold and drank beers in America it is quite awful. An extremely light and watered down lager with a high level of carbonation and very little actual beer flavor. The only use this beer actually has is to get college kids drunk.

09-25-2010 17:16:22 | More by CBOLAND17

4.5/5  rDev +167.9%

03-17-2012 00:42:47 | More by markallmon
newcastleme

1.23/5  rDev -26.8%

I think we can all agree that this beer only has one purpose... Getting hammered. I really think it's only good use is for beer pong or drinking games. Again, this is only a good choice if you're looking to drink beer in large quantities. Do not food pair this beer.

07-20-2010 03:30:05 | More by newcastleme

11-25-2011 07:21:16 | More by TimoP
Guden

Maryland

1.35/5  rDev -19.6%

A- Very light straw color. Pours with a very large head of small white bubbles that fades quickly leaving no lacing.

S- Strange and off. Apples come through a bit along with corn and metal. Yuck.

T- Almost saved by how watery it is. There is the corn and metal from the nose but not the apple. Theres some sweetness that doesn't taste entirely unlike malt. The back end is metal and urine, forcing you to chug down more to wash it away.

M- Fairly high in carbonation and extremely watery this beer fortunately goes down quickly but isn't much different than water.

D- Well you could easily have 20 of these but who would want to? It does its job but in a very unpleasant way. Synonymous with bad beer for a good reason.

05-06-2011 19:14:32 | More by Guden
petewheeler

Maryland

1.25/5  rDev -25.6%

08-29-2014 00:19:53 | More by petewheeler
Jason

1.35/5  rDev -19.6%

Presentation: 12 oz light silver can with a "Born On Date" on the bottom of the can. 110 calories for a light beer.

Appearance: Pale oh so pale yellow, perhaps the palest beer of them all. Thank the beer gods cause there is a head, thin as paper but there is a head.

Smell: Odd cooked grain and cereal aroma, a bit of dirt in the nose also ... not earth but dirt, perhaps the metallic aroma from the can and the cooked veggie smell?

Taste: Thin body, thin malt. Crisp with a tonic like carbonation and a scarcely smooth mouth feel. Extremely faint malt flavour, cereal grains are more noticeable. Hops are nearly negligible and the only reason they even are present in the flavour threshold is that there is barely any malt flavour. On the dry side with a weird thin flash of sweetness that seems forced. The after taste consists of pretty much nothing except a very faded grain and corn taste.

Notes: Where's the beer? Light beers are light beers but this is on the verge of not even being beer.

09-15-2001 23:33:27 | More by Jason

07-08-2014 12:30:04 | More by Pat_McWilliams
TGINaturday

Wisconsin

3.85/5  rDev +129.2%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

08-29-2010 21:57:47 | More by TGINaturday
Byeast

1.83/5  rDev +8.9%

Poured a really pale yellow , lots of fizz for a bit , then no head. Smell is really thin , clean metal , faint beery character. The taste is just so damn thin. But it is cold! Thats good right? Anyways , hints at some corny grain and hay stored in metal. Clean taste that comes and goes rapid fire. Im not one to turn down a free beer , so as long as im outside in the sun , and theres nothing else... i'll drink it. Otherwise , barely beer. It was also very light as promised on the can. The main thing is that the bad flavors were less prounced.

01-27-2007 02:49:09 | More by Byeast
AstroMike

4.08/5  rDev +142.9%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

02-12-2012 04:22:06 | More by AstroMike