Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 520 | Hads: 1,988

Here's why to drink this beer: You want fresh light bubbly refreshment on a hot day. It is perfect for that, so hence a five out of five. This is a basic no frills top quality refreshing warm/hot weather beer, or for when you want a water bubbly light beer. Perfection for that quality.
Plus, you can get three quarts for five dollars out the door. It's the go-to beer for bubbly watery beery refreshment.

I sit down with an ice cold can, and only the purest thoughts of alcoholic absolution run through my mind. Cracking open the top and listening to the hiss of the carbonation, I'm immediately transported to a land of verdant, rolling hops and ice cold mountain streams. Indeed, this is a beer meant for kings and gods, that much is apparent from the outset. A routine pour reveals a beer steeped in ineffable majesty. The cascading, golden lager results in sumptuous suds, with a head that literally begs for a deep, long drag from the dry gulch of the thirsty everyman. Beer meant for men, and not much else needs to be said. Brewers can do it right, or do it wrong, and Natural Light hits a slam dunk every time. I love this beer more than I love pizza.

4.95/5  rDev +172%

well first off, let me start by saying that I'm in a frat that makes me automatically qualified to be an expert on beer. I like to get fucked up. Period. Ive been drinking since I've been thirteen, and I'm fucked up right now. good beer

4.74/5  rDev +160.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Great tasting inexpensive beer by Anheuser-Busch. Also low in carbs. Carbs are only 3.2 compared to Bud Light with 6.6 And the alcohol content is the same for both at 4.2. Good choice for beer drinkers who are diabetic. Can't tell the difference in Natural Light, Miller Light or Mich Ultra.

4.68/5  rDev +157.1%

My theory is that you should judge a beer based on what it sets out to be.

Natty Light sets out to be the cheapest swill possible that will get you drunk (eventually) and not taste awful. Why not judge it amongst peers?

Do I enjoy good beer? Absolutely. I'm also in college and I enjoy getting drunk in social events. Also, I am in college and therefore I am poor.

Appearance - clear/straw yellow, see-through. Not the point of this beer. 3.

Smell - it barely smells. Perfectly fine for what the beer wants to be. 5.

Taste - excellent; as close to nothing as possible. No nasty aftertaste like many other bottom of the barrel light beers. 5.

Mouthfeel - a little watery. I still like a bit of mouthfeel in my cheap beer.

Frankly, there's no reason to buy crap like Bud Lite over Natty Light, and people who insist otherwise (stupid college kids) just want attention.

4.64/5  rDev +154.9%

When you originate from a country where most beer costs $35 a case (Australia), you can appreciate a drink that can (attempt to) hit the spot (somewhat) and leaves you with extra bucks in your pocket. Natural Light accepts the challenge. When drinking crap beers, I have to believe that no taste at all is better than a shit taste? This brew delivers! When you employ the one in, one out, rotation from the freezer, it can't be beat! I have drunk many of your shitter brands and declare this one to be the gold medal winner at the Special Olympics of beer! True enough, it's competitors harbor some serious disabilities, but "Natty" shines through.
Only 95 calories, for the healthy minded. (I heard Micheal Jordan endorses this beer!) All that said, my hats off to you Natty Light! Despite the fact you had horrible parents (Anheuser/Busch), you rose above your upbringing and delivered dirt cheap, drinkable beer to those who needed it most...all of us!
P.S. Any of you who label it a "Just getting Wasted" beer, should be ashamed of yourselves at 4.2%...unless of course you're venturing into 15+ can territory?!
Take it easy boys and girls!

4.62/5  rDev +153.8%

Natural Light Made and brewed by Anheuser Busch. This light beer has an ABV of 4.20%. Brewed from the year 1977 till now. Natural Light pours out a light amber color with a nice white head. The smell is bitter sweet. You pick up on malts and grains in the smell of this brew. The taste is light with some brew taste. You pick up on light grins am=nd malts in the taste of this brew. This brew has an ok balance to it , for being a light brew. There is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouthfeel is light smooth and clean. There is nothing bad about this brew, it has a nice balance to it. Overall I'm giving this brew a 5 out of 5. This is a good cheap priced light beer. I like this beer ,why pay more for light beer when you got Natural Light. When I low on cash I go for good old Natty. I Would buy this brew again.

4.57/5  rDev +151.1%

Absolutely love it!!! My 1st choice when it comes to buying beer. Its cheap and for someone who drinks it like I do, thats a good thing. It's very good when its very cold but I could really care less. Not many people "bum" beer off of me because most folks dont drink it

4.5/5  rDev +147.3%

This, along with keystone light are my go to beers. Being unemployed at the moment, I have resigned myself to drinking beer.. being that I start at about 10 am, and pace myself through the day, natural light is a GREAT beer to do it with. I can slowly drink through the day, and not get drunk, but enjoy the great taste of the beer itself. I don't buy it that often, because my store stocks keystone and natty light both in 30 pk form for $11.99 each, and given my choice I'd rather buy keystone, but have no problems buying natty when keystone is not available. IMHO, this is a great light beer, and like one other review said, if you have to go light, why not do it on the cheap??

4.2/5  rDev +130.8%

This was a beer that I used to drink very frequently in college. When my friends and I sampled the whole assortment of cheap beers, this was the one we settled in with as our most purchased variety. It was the most tolerable, easiest to drink cheap without "bad beer face",and produced the least amount of hangover effects. I have on occassions tried this beer over the 20 years since college and still find this beer in particular to be one of the easiest cheap beer to drink without any bad taste. I've tried Pabst a few times and struggle to finish them because it actually tastes "bad" flavor. Sure Natural Light lacks any strong flavors compared to a high-end IPA, Porter, Imperial Stout etc... but compared to its equivalent price-marked competitors its one of the best choices you can make.

4.2/5  rDev +130.8%

This beer isn't meant to compete with any of the top stuff here.... it's just a cheap, light beer that you can throw in a cooler and have on a hot day before the game or when you're grilling - and for that it's perfect. I always have a few in my fridge when I'm looking for something light. Brings back memories too :)

4.16/5  rDev +128.6%

Poured from a can into a Solo cup 3/4 filled.

Head-Fizzy and somewhat mutinous head that quickly disappeared like bobcat into its den. Sorry for you if you are unlucky enough to have to taste the head.

Color- A Beautiful golden yellow resembling that of wild goat urine. Maybe even some honeysuckle color. Fortunatley it does not stain a white shirt, whcih is exactly where it ended up later.

Taste- Once I removed the ping pong ball that was slammed into the solo by my opponet I quickly chugged it, relishing in only the last swallow. Light and watery, bits of dust and chair greese, along with oil from my opponets hands laced the solo as it emptied into my mouth and shirt. Bitter defeat filled my mouth as a drank the last millimeters

Afershock- This is not a beer to rate...this is a beer to chug in a game of flip-cup, beer-pong or Nemo. The taste can either be of victory or defeat. nevertheless....I love this beer, it broke my delicate beer cherry and introduced me to beer by starting off slow. taste= could be better---memories=few left

4.15/5  rDev +128%

Alright, I'm about to get a lot of criticism for this but I feel my voice must be heard. I am 25. I only drink beer. I love all types (favorite, American IPA. Cliche, I know). Anyways, I went to college and I had my fair share of cheap beer and this one still blows me away to this day.

Natural Light in a bottle is quite the exceptional beer. Yes, it's no Dale's Pale Ale nor does it have the amazing light beer taste of Miller Lite, but considering the price and availability of this beer I think it deserves recognition.

When I was in college you could get a 12 pack of Natty bottles for under six bucks (bottles are the BEST way to drink Natty). Natural isn't disgusting like other cheap beers (Pabst, Busch) and Natural doesn't give any hangovers.

My friends, I am not a troll. I consider myself an amateur beer connoisseur. I know Natural Light isn't the best beer, but it certainly isn't the worst.

4.05/5  rDev +122.5%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

4.04/5  rDev +122%

For all the light beers out there and the cheap price of this, it is perfectly fine. It smells gross but with the low alcohol content and smoothness, you could easily drink this while eating food, having one at a friends, tailgating, etc. Very good light beer. Do not understand the hate

I'm surprised at the number of bad reviews of this beer. Maybe it's because they all were of the canned variety. To me, any canned beer is far inferior to bottled -- unless somehow it was brewed to be enhanced by metallic taste.

But about this beer. It has flavor, decent balance of effervescence and body, and quite a bit of real beer substance, considering it's a light beer. I'm new to light beers, I admit, but I think I've found a decent brew here in Natural Light.

3.95/5  rDev +117%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured out of an ice cold 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- Clear pale yellow color. Lots of small bubbles streaming up. Two finger head that fizzles away to a ring of light foam. Looks good.

S- Light corn smell, biscuits, a little bit of malts. Clean water.

T- Very light corn taste up front with lots of carbonation. After swallowing, it has some malt notes and a tinge of grassy hop bitterness. Very clean watery taste.

M- Crisp, watery, light, high level of prickly carbonation, fresh.

Drinkability- Goes down extremely easy and smooth.

O- Overall, this is a very refreshing beer. Not offensive. It's perfect on a hot day or when feeling thirsty for a great light beer.

3.86/5  rDev +112.1%

Good old Natty light, this beer is a great beer and deserves the respect of many. This is a great beer for college parties and getting very drunk, because it is very cheap and it tastes great. In my opinion this beer tastes better than most domestic beers and if bars would put this on tap, I would gladly get it everytime.

3.81/5  rDev +109.3%

Throw few thousand pet food bags a night, stop by the store get a couple 25's slam em, wake up do it all again. The way this beer is supposed to be enjoyed!

3.8/5  rDev +108.8%

Well my family drinking started drinking this as their regular out of nowhere. Never liked it much for the heartburn factor but as time goes on the body changes, as so does my taste. Also as the economy falls so does my paycheck so all in all natty is alright in my book.

Your typical light beer... Pale yellow color, highly carbonated and quenches ones thirst like water ( for the most part) and doesn't offend the wife when it comes to the bank account.

When you're looking for a beer to get your drunk on and enjoy yourself this is the one. Plus it helps to secure this figure i worked so hard for. HA.

Take it as it is natty kicks some ars for a cheap fix.

3.79/5  rDev +108.2%

Crisp, clean, refreshing with outstanding drinkability. Great while working on a hot day or cutting through greasy foods. This is the beer I drink instead of soda. This beer is NOT being reviewed with its "style in mind". It's being rated like it was competing against a IPA. Think of it as a beer flavored seltzer water. I drink beer every day with IPAs being my favorite category, I enjoy this beer because sometimes I want a LIGHT beer. Light on calories, taste, smell, and cost. Thank you Natural/Busch Light(I think they are the same?).

P.S. If you are looking for the head on this beer or even pouring it in a glass you missed the style of this type of beer

3.78/5  rDev +107.7%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

3.7/5  rDev +103.3%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty.

3.56/5  rDev +95.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

An affordable beer with a light refreshing taste at the end of that nice gulp. It is frowned upon by many people I know BUT most of them have never even tried it, go figure! This beer to me is refreshing after a long day. You can drink many and not get too wasted. This is a nice beer to enjoy. Go drink one with a open mind.

3.55/5  rDev +95.1%

As a beer connoisseur, I can say that If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck, Natty light is definitely the way to go. If you're a starving college student like myself, you learn to appreciate it. Not the best, but I've had worse. Very drinkable! Perfect for beer pong

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch