Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
kmaierhofer

07-16-2014 12:58:12 | More by mtrabold
tmalick14

09-17-2012 18:47:43 | More by tmalick14
DoItRight

Here's why to drink this beer: You want fresh light bubbly refreshment on a hot day. It is perfect for that, so hence a five out of five. This is a basic no frills top quality refreshing warm/hot weather beer, or for when you want a water bubbly light beer. Perfection for that quality.
Plus, you can get three quarts for five dollars out the door. It's the go-to beer for bubbly watery beery refreshment.

09-24-2012 00:07:55 | More by DoItRight

JaxVol

Tennessee

4.74/5  rDev +182.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Great tasting inexpensive beer by Anheuser-Busch. Also low in carbs. Carbs are only 3.2 compared to Bud Light with 6.6 And the alcohol content is the same for both at 4.2. Good choice for beer drinkers who are diabetic. Can't tell the difference in Natural Light, Miller Light or Mich Ultra.

03-11-2014 22:24:00 | More by JaxVol
dsev

4.7/5  rDev +179.8%

My theory is that you should judge a beer based on what it sets out to be.

Natty Light sets out to be the cheapest swill possible that will get you drunk (eventually) and not taste awful. Why not judge it amongst peers?

Do I enjoy good beer? Absolutely. I'm also in college and I enjoy getting drunk in social events. Also, I am in college and therefore I am poor.

Appearance - clear/straw yellow, see-through. Not the point of this beer. 3.

Smell - it barely smells. Perfectly fine for what the beer wants to be. 5.

Taste - excellent; as close to nothing as possible. No nasty aftertaste like many other bottom of the barrel light beers. 5.

Mouthfeel - a little watery. I still like a bit of mouthfeel in my cheap beer.

OVERALL: A

Frankly, there's no reason to buy crap like Bud Lite over Natty Light, and people who insist otherwise (stupid college kids) just want attention.

09-14-2011 02:31:30 | More by dsev
AussieInPhilly

4.7/5  rDev +179.8%

When you originate from a country where most beer costs $35 a case (Australia), you can appreciate a drink that can (attempt to) hit the spot (somewhat) and leaves you with extra bucks in your pocket. Natural Light accepts the challenge. When drinking crap beers, I have to believe that no taste at all is better than a shit taste? This brew delivers! When you employ the one in, one out, rotation from the freezer, it can't be beat! I have drunk many of your shitter brands and declare this one to be the gold medal winner at the Special Olympics of beer! True enough, it's competitors harbor some serious disabilities, but "Natty" shines through.
Only 95 calories, for the healthy minded. (I heard Micheal Jordan endorses this beer!) All that said, my hats off to you Natty Light! Despite the fact you had horrible parents (Anheuser/Busch), you rose above your upbringing and delivered dirt cheap, drinkable beer to those who needed it most...all of us!
P.S. Any of you who label it a "Just getting Wasted" beer, should be ashamed of yourselves at 4.2%...unless of course you're venturing into 15+ can territory?!
Take it easy boys and girls!

07-26-2005 06:41:03 | More by AussieInPhilly
nicholas2121

4.65/5  rDev +176.8%

Natural Light Made by Anheuser Busch and it is a light beer with an ABV of 4.2%. Made from 1977 till now. This is a good cheap priced light beer. I like this beer why pay more for light beer when you got Natural Light. The drink ability of this beer is great. Not the best but not the worst. When I low on cash I go for good old Natty. Better than some other beers that I had in the past.

03-03-2010 17:47:08 | More by nicholas2121
1professional

4.63/5  rDev +175.6%

Absolutely love it!!! My 1st choice when it comes to buying beer. Its cheap and for someone who drinks it like I do, thats a good thing. It's very good when its very cold but I could really care less. Not many people "bum" beer off of me because most folks dont drink it

12-03-2012 08:32:12 | More by 1professional
poriggity

4.53/5  rDev +169.6%

This, along with keystone light are my go to beers. Being unemployed at the moment, I have resigned myself to drinking beer.. being that I start at about 10 am, and pace myself through the day, natural light is a GREAT beer to do it with. I can slowly drink through the day, and not get drunk, but enjoy the great taste of the beer itself. I don't buy it that often, because my store stocks keystone and natty light both in 30 pk form for $11.99 each, and given my choice I'd rather buy keystone, but have no problems buying natty when keystone is not available. IMHO, this is a great light beer, and like one other review said, if you have to go light, why not do it on the cheap??
Scott

01-13-2012 02:07:25 | More by uziangis
bubseymour

Maryland

4.3/5  rDev +156%

This was a beer that I used to drink very frequently in college. When my friends and I sampled the whole assortment of cheap beers, this was the one we settled in with as our most purchased variety. It was the most tolerable, easiest to drink cheap without "bad beer face",and produced the least amount of hangover effects. I have on occassions tried this beer over the 20 years since college and still find this beer in particular to be one of the easiest cheap beer to drink without any bad taste. I've tried Pabst a few times and struggle to finish them because it actually tastes "bad" flavor. Sure Natural Light lacks any strong flavors compared to a high-end IPA, Porter, Imperial Stout etc... but compared to its equivalent price-marked competitors its one of the best choices you can make.

12-04-2010 00:50:00 | More by bubseymour
jbriggs7036

Maryland

4.3/5  rDev +156%

Poured from a can into a Solo cup 3/4 filled.

Head-Fizzy and somewhat mutinous head that quickly disappeared like bobcat into its den. Sorry for you if you are unlucky enough to have to taste the head.

Color- A Beautiful golden yellow resembling that of wild goat urine. Maybe even some honeysuckle color. Fortunatley it does not stain a white shirt, whcih is exactly where it ended up later.

Taste- Once I removed the ping pong ball that was slammed into the solo by my opponet I quickly chugged it, relishing in only the last swallow. Light and watery, bits of dust and chair greese, along with oil from my opponets hands laced the solo as it emptied into my mouth and shirt. Bitter defeat filled my mouth as a drank the last millimeters

Afershock- This is not a beer to rate...this is a beer to chug in a game of flip-cup, beer-pong or Nemo. The taste can either be of victory or defeat. nevertheless....I love this beer, it broke my delicate beer cherry and introduced me to beer by starting off slow. taste= could be better---memories=few left

07-28-2010 18:40:15 | More by jbriggs7036