Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
bubseymour

Maryland

4.3/5  rDev +156%

This was a beer that I used to drink very frequently in college. When my friends and I sampled the whole assortment of cheap beers, this was the one we settled in with as our most purchased variety. It was the most tolerable, easiest to drink cheap without "bad beer face",and produced the least amount of hangover effects. I have on occassions tried this beer over the 20 years since college and still find this beer in particular to be one of the easiest cheap beer to drink without any bad taste. I've tried Pabst a few times and struggle to finish them because it actually tastes "bad" flavor. Sure Natural Light lacks any strong flavors compared to a high-end IPA, Porter, Imperial Stout etc... but compared to its equivalent price-marked competitors its one of the best choices you can make.

12-04-2010 00:50:00 | More by bubseymour
jbriggs7036

Maryland

4.3/5  rDev +156%

Poured from a can into a Solo cup 3/4 filled.

Head-Fizzy and somewhat mutinous head that quickly disappeared like bobcat into its den. Sorry for you if you are unlucky enough to have to taste the head.

Color- A Beautiful golden yellow resembling that of wild goat urine. Maybe even some honeysuckle color. Fortunatley it does not stain a white shirt, whcih is exactly where it ended up later.

Taste- Once I removed the ping pong ball that was slammed into the solo by my opponet I quickly chugged it, relishing in only the last swallow. Light and watery, bits of dust and chair greese, along with oil from my opponets hands laced the solo as it emptied into my mouth and shirt. Bitter defeat filled my mouth as a drank the last millimeters

Afershock- This is not a beer to rate...this is a beer to chug in a game of flip-cup, beer-pong or Nemo. The taste can either be of victory or defeat. nevertheless....I love this beer, it broke my delicate beer cherry and introduced me to beer by starting off slow. taste= could be better---memories=few left

07-28-2010 18:40:15 | More by jbriggs7036
KingBenHogan

4.28/5  rDev +154.8%

Alright, I'm about to get a lot of criticism for this but I feel my voice must be heard. I am 25. I only drink beer. I love all types (favorite, American IPA. Cliche, I know). Anyways, I went to college and I had my fair share of cheap beer and this one still blows me away to this day.

Natural Light in a bottle is quite the exceptional beer. Yes, it's no Dale's Pale Ale nor does it have the amazing light beer taste of Miller Lite, but considering the price and availability of this beer I think it deserves recognition.

When I was in college you could get a 12 pack of Natty bottles for under six bucks (bottles are the BEST way to drink Natty). Natural isn't disgusting like other cheap beers (Pabst, Busch) and Natural doesn't give any hangovers.

My friends, I am not a troll. I consider myself an amateur beer connoisseur. I know Natural Light isn't the best beer, but it certainly isn't the worst.

11-08-2010 23:44:02 | More by KingBenHogan

4.25/5  rDev +153%

11-27-2012 04:13:10 | More by mwar
AstroMike

4.08/5  rDev +142.9%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

02-12-2012 04:22:06 | More by AstroMike

06-12-2012 04:22:40 | More by of_unknown_brew-ligion
squareenix567

04-28-2014 23:13:26 | More by squareenix567
mobiledan

I'm surprised at the number of bad reviews of this beer. Maybe it's because they all were of the canned variety. To me, any canned beer is far inferior to bottled -- unless somehow it was brewed to be enhanced by metallic taste.

But about this beer. It has flavor, decent balance of effervescence and body, and quite a bit of real beer substance, considering it's a light beer. I'm new to light beers, I admit, but I think I've found a decent brew here in Natural Light.

05-10-2011 08:10:47 | More by mobiledan
JayKay412

08-30-2012 18:55:15 | More by JayKay412
Treath

3.96/5  rDev +135.7%

Poured out of an ice cold 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- Clear pale yellow color. Lots of small bubbles streaming up. Two finger head that fizzles away to a ring of light foam. Looks good.

S- Light corn smell, biscuits, a little bit of malts. Clean water.

T- Very light corn taste up front with lots of carbonation. After swallowing, it has some malt notes and a tinge of grassy hop bitterness. Very clean watery taste.

M- Crisp, watery, light, high level of prickly carbonation, fresh.

Drinkability- Goes down extremely easy and smooth.

O- Overall, this is a very refreshing beer. Not offensive. It's perfect on a hot day or when feeling thirsty for a great light beer.

10-05-2013 00:28:31 | More by Treath
hatecave09

3.95/5  rDev +135.1%

Well my family drinking started drinking this as their regular out of nowhere. Never liked it much for the heartburn factor but as time goes on the body changes, as so does my taste. Also as the economy falls so does my paycheck so all in all natty is alright in my book.

Your typical light beer... Pale yellow color, highly carbonated and quenches ones thirst like water ( for the most part) and doesn't offend the wife when it comes to the bank account.

When you're looking for a beer to get your drunk on and enjoy yourself this is the one. Plus it helps to secure this figure i worked so hard for. HA.

Take it as it is natty kicks some ars for a cheap fix.

05-14-2012 04:18:47 | More by hatecave09
jrb1001

3.9/5  rDev +132.1%

Good old Natty light, this beer is a great beer and deserves the respect of many. This is a great beer for college parties and getting very drunk, because it is very cheap and it tastes great. In my opinion this beer tastes better than most domestic beers and if bars would put this on tap, I would gladly get it everytime.

07-24-2006 04:08:22 | More by jrb1001
TGINaturday

Wisconsin

3.85/5  rDev +129.2%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

08-29-2010 21:57:47 | More by TGINaturday
rxpjjp5

3.75/5  rDev +123.2%

Crisp, clean, refreshing with outstanding drinkability. Great while working on a hot day or cutting through greasy foods. This is the beer I drink instead of soda. This beer is NOT being reviewed with its "style in mind". It's being rated like it was competing against a IPA. Think of it as a beer flavored seltzer water. I drink beer every day with IPAs being my favorite category, I enjoy this beer because sometimes I want a LIGHT beer. Light on calories, taste, smell, and cost. Thank you Natural/Busch Light(I think they are the same?).

P.S. If you are looking for the head on this beer or even pouring it in a glass you missed the style of this type of beer

02-28-2010 16:25:53 | More by rxpjjp5

TheBeerMadeMeDoIt

03-04-2014 11:36:12 | More by TheBeerMadeMeDoIt
Brandtmo

3.75/5  rDev +123.2%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty.

11-25-2012 22:12:16 | More by Brandtmo