Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,931 | Reviews: 571
3.76/5  rDev +123.8%

Drank this the other day. Just a run of the mill cheap light beer. Thats all. It isn't bad nor good.

3.75/5  rDev +123.2%

Go to beer when your on a budget

3.7/5  rDev +120.2%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty.

3.56/5  rDev +111.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

An affordable beer with a light refreshing taste at the end of that nice gulp. It is frowned upon by many people I know BUT most of them have never even tried it, go figure! This beer to me is refreshing after a long day. You can drink many and not get too wasted. This is a nice beer to enjoy. Go drink one with a open mind.

3.55/5  rDev +111.3%

As a beer connoisseur, I can say that If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck, Natty light is definitely the way to go. If you're a starving college student like myself, you learn to appreciate it. Not the best, but I've had worse. Very drinkable! Perfect for beer pong

3.47/5  rDev +106.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

As im sure most impartial beer lovers on here know, the average BA user rates with a "All Beer created equal" stand point. However this is simply not true. This is a light American style lager, that means that there are not going to be complex flavors, citrus after taste or anything of its liking. Its not the style of American light beer.

That being said, rating this beer against other American lights- it is fine. Incredibly refreshing, goes down similar to water (which is what its made to do) and has the perfect amount of hops and "beer flavor" for its average consumer. Look and smell are both bad. This is a session beer. This is a -have 6-8 a night- beer. Would defiantly not turn this beer down at a party or at family/friends house. Probably would not buy or order at a bar, but it is a mediocre light beer.

3.45/5  rDev +105.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Best bang for your buck

3.41/5  rDev +103%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A solid choice in the value price point. A good cheap beer if that's what your looking for. You can do worse.

3.4/5  rDev +102.4%

My first beer review.

I like to try every beer i can snag. Natural Light is the kind of beer that goes good one any occasion.

This beer this decent and very drinkable. It goes down good. It's cheap to buy and worth it. first time i drank this, month ago, was on a hot summer day playing bean bags.

The appearance is a simple yellowish color. Its very light and has little taste to it. Drinkable is great because i can drink this all day and dont get sick of it.

3.4/5  rDev +102.4%

Poured an ice-cold freshly brewed can into an 11oz glass 'borrowed' from the Anheuser-Busch Brewery tour hospitality room. Yellow, orange, golden egg color, very pale. (The exact same colors on a box of Camel Lights, if that helps). (Seriously, compare.) Large bubbles cover the sides. In general, it looks okay to me.

A hint of that Budweiser smell. Lightly sweet but more sour than Bud.

Average taste; nothing describable, but nothing unpleasant either. Slightly sour after taste that I quickly learned to enjoy.

Mouthfeel is a little too bubbly at first, but the carbonation disappears after a couple minutes. Mostly just feels cold and wet.

I find this beer extremely drinkable.

Notes: This review is probably a little biased from a financial standpoint. When I can I'll $10 or $12 for a six-pack, and my expectations are of course much higher. Had I paid say, $8.99 for a 12 pack of Natty Light, I might have been disappointed. Had I paid $6.99 for 12 I might have wanted a dollar back. But this beer cost me $4.99 for a pack brewed less than 10 days ago, and it lived up to, even exceeded my expectations. It's basically like drinking the 5 cent can of Wal-mart cola versus the real thing.

I think that one of the categories for rating beer should be "value".

I have no complaints. Although I'm not sure what exactly is "Natural" about this beer. It scores a 5 on the value scale.

3.38/5  rDev +101.2%

i believe many folk don't like this brew even before they taste it! if this beer cost more than bud light it would be the more popular beer without a doubt! this is the first light beer...which is brewed by A-B. how much time and $ do you think A-B put into this product before releasing it?? with the bottomless pockets of the number 1 brewery in the world you should know that they are going to do their research and put put out the best product they can! don't be fooled by the low cost! when it comes to light beers A-B knew what they where doing bringing this out...long before bud light or select. enjoy a cold natural light and be happy you saved a few of your hard earned $.

3.35/5  rDev +99.4%

Very pale yellow beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma is fresh and light as is the taste.A good fit for the light lager category.Refreshing and smooth as water.The perfect fit to a summertime party.I always have and always will drink this.An AB classic.

3.35/5  rDev +99.4%

A: nothing great here, pale yellow, decent carbonation.

S: a little bitter and plain, corny

T: honestly it surprised me that this adjunct lager could even moderately hold up to the title of pilsner

M: Thin and carbonated, like a diet soda.

D: hell, its college beer, its impossible to imagine anything easier to pound down

3.35/5  rDev +99.4%

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a half-liter beer glass.

Appearance: Pours with a very active, fizzy head. Perfect pour into the glass creates a nearly four-finger head which balloons just over the top of the glass. Beer is straw-colored, perhaps just a degree lighter in color than its contemporaries. Very light carbonation visible in the glass.

Smell: Not bad at all. Slightly sweet, grassy or earthy aroma. Almost no malt presence and very light on the hops. A hint of lemon-type flavor to the nose. Mostly unobtrusive, but better than average, I suppose.

Taste: Perfectly average. Hops are a touch more pronounced here, but not by much. This is a very plain drinker...which, in a way, is a good thing. At least no flavor means it doesn't taste *bad*.

Mouthfeel: Light, as the name suggests. Not very crisp, unless served at or near freezing. Goes down smoothly leaving room for something else to entice the palate.

Drinkability: Good. You could easily drink several of these at a cold temperature (low ABV and light flavor). Good beer for a barbecue or other type of dinner.

I like Natty Light. It's not a great beer, but you get what you pay for, which is momentary refreshment, so I can't complain.

3.2/5  rDev +90.5%

I poured into a pint glass to two inches of white fluffy head. It is pale yellow and very clear. It smells sweet like all BMC's. There is hardly any taste. I get a slight bite from the carbonation. It is watery. Thanks to my buddy for leaving twenty of these in my fridge because I would have never bought this swill. It does go down like water though.

Cheers!

3.2/5  rDev +90.5%

When reviewed within the style this beer is fairly average. The only thing is, it is a little cheaper. I bought a sixer of this tonight for no other reason than I had a driver and this was the only thing in 16oz cans. I was wanting to get a little more than a standard six and this met that requirment. Pretty typical for the style. A camping session beer for sure.

3.2/5  rDev +90.5%

Tasty Water. For a person who needs to drink more water, check this beer out. It's alcoholic water, but damn it's tasty and super fizzy. It's a very weak beer and serves it's purpose. It's for pounding back on those University pub pre-game nights and for cutting the grass out back. 12 cans is about 7 bucks US last I checked. A deal for sure and they're great for sessions I must add. It's not super boozy but alcoholic enough to give you what you want in a session. Cheers to Natural Light!

3.18/5  rDev +89.3%

I've had so many of these over the course of my college career that I eventually got to the point where I couldn't taste it anymore. It is a beginner's beer. It helps you adjust to having alcohol in your mouth and primes the tastebuds for a lifetime of better beers. If you're into drink a lot, this fits the bill. If you're into drinking for enjoyment, you'd be better off finding something a bit more, uh, mature.

I can't deny where I came from, but I sure am glad I've "graduated" on to more diverse beers.

3.17/5  rDev +88.7%

look my friends here at Beer Adv….its Natural Light….used to steal this by the case at local store…..its poundable, cheap(if you paid for it) …no hoppy; "why the hell am I drinking this over flowered beer" feel to it….simple, to the point libation…a favorite among my homeless friends and college dropouts. More to the point, I like our nice house, vehicles, toys and bills paid I'm at the age where beer snobbiness is no longer an issue……still prefer Extra Gold though… on a side note: this is labeled as a pilsner not lager….anywho?

3.17/5  rDev +88.7%

I bought a six pack of 16oz cans when I was starved on cash. Cost right around $4. Not a bad beer for the price and will get you a buzz. Around beer #3 my stomach began to rumble. As I opened beer #5 I got hardcore diarrhea and barely made it to the toilet.

You get what you pay for!

3.16/5  rDev +88.1%

Natural Light has a very thick, white head and a clear, pale straw appearance, with a good amount of carbonation and a little bit of lacing left behind. The aroma is faint, sweet, and even eggy (but that aspect dissipated with the head). Taste is mild, bready, sweet, and it also has just the smallest amount of hop bite at the end. Mouth-feel is light and watery, and Natural Light finishes crisp, easy drinking, and refreshing. Overall, for light beer, it's alright.

RJT

3.15/5  rDev +87.5%

A - decent looking can, familiar AB logo.

S - not much smell really

T - It's definitely a cheap, light, American beer. Not what I would reach for in a brew pub, but in a cooler on ice while watching the race, not a horrible taste for the low price. Reminds me of being a kid with an absentee budget again.

M - Actually a little dirty, like drinking from the hose with some carbonation in there. A beer like this should not be allowed to linger in a glass or a can though. It's for drinking. Sort of like box wine or generic pretzels. As long as it's not stale, it will get the job done.

O - Not pouring it down the drain, It can get there when I'm done with it. It's decent to drink when you're trying to pinch pennies.

3.13/5  rDev +86.3%

From the can to the mouth.

Appearance is good, some lovely graphics on the can in a red, blue and silver motif.

Taste reminds me of most every other Anheuser-Busch Light Beer.

I love Budweiser. I really do.

I do not like most of their other beers.

Couldn't they have called this Busch Light or just re-packaged that and called it this?

3.11/5  rDev +85.1%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

I recall buying Natty Light once before, back in '85 while in college, and believing their advertising that it was a good light beer with food...as the only other light lager that I buy is also an A-B product (Busch Light), I thought I'd revisit it once I found these in bottles at $3.99 per 6-pack.

Poured into a Perfect Pint:

A=Greenish yellow in color and very pale; nice white foam head that went away right away.

S=Very sweet smell, almost like a cream ale.

T=Very hoppy, as with other light beers I've found. I think A-B puts more corn in here than Busch Light to give it a bit more sweetness, but still less flavor than Busch Light. Above average, however, as compared to other light lagers.

M=Very drinkable as a session beer due to its lightness and average carbonation.

O=A very close second to Busch Light in terms of flavor...definitely a good value light beer for picnics in the summer or after mowing the lawn.

Update: 1/22/12: Reducing taste to 2.5, below average, as this beer--even for a light--is way too watered down.

3.1/5  rDev +84.5%

Natural Light is a good cheap beer. It would be unrealistic to expect NL to have the qualities of an expensive import or microbrew, so I'll try to judge it entirely on its own merits.

Color? It's yellow. End of story.

In my opinion, NL has a very faint "beer smell" that's neither bad nor good, more like..."neutral".

The taste can only be described as "extremely watery". The flavor (if you can call it that) isn't offensive, but it lacks any kind of character or distinguishing traits.

As far as mouthfeel goes, once again the key words are "extremely watery". Flat and dull.

Natural Light goes down very smoothly, so I think it has an above-average drinkability quotient. Perfect for outdoor drinking on a scorchin' hot day, but not a brew that you would serve if you're trying to impress a "beer snob".

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch