Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 512 | Hads: 1,938
1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

Oh man. I just had to put this one in here. Every beer reviewer has to at least once try the king of bad beers, Natural Light.

Take a gander at this one, folks -- you can hardly even tell it has a colour. It resembles a drop of real beer in a can of water. I've heard it has a head, but I haven't seen one without shaking the can first. If anything deserves a 1, this has to be it. I almost want to deny to myself that there can be worse.

It has the cooked-excrement aroma of loose, damp soil evaporating in midday heat after a morning's rain. It's not quite wretch-worthy, but it's unpleasant. You can also smell some of the alcohol, which doesn't bode well.

The flavour, of course, is gold-medal stuff. Nowhere before have I had a beer that tasted like such rot dissolved in seltzer water and spiked with a shot of cheap vodka. But praise be to Him for making the atrociousness of this beer so weak and watery. You can hardly taste it, but what you can taste is so horribly, painfully bad that you're perfectly happy not to. If ignorance is bliss, I am in an enlightened hell with this beer.

Speaking of watery, that's all you'll get for a mouthfeel. Carbonated water. But I'd rather just drink carbonated water myself, and I don't even like carbonated water (curse you, Perrier!). I guess you could drink this if you were already drunk or trying oh-so-desperately to get there, but it's quicker, cheaper, and less painful to just throw back a few shots of rotgut.

Avoid like the plague. (1,495 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

A friend on mine from Florida thought it'd be nice to remind me what it was like back in the boons. I got to pour it out in a flimsy plastic cup and I'm not sur if it was transparent or not but it was sure close even with it's overly fluffy useless smelly head. It smelled like preserve or something, I can't place it. I guess if it's server near freezing you won't notice it has NO friggin' taste. I'd be better off using it as solvent. Water thin at best. Really bad beer. Amazing I ever had some even years ago and didn't notice. (532 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

The beer of choice during my College years but haven't really touched it since. It definitely is a College kid beer. Saying I've had it "many times" just doesn't tell the story. I can't bring myself to say too many bad things about this beer. So many good times where fueled by the Naty Light. For what it's worth I preferred it over Busch. And you simply cannot beat the price. However, I just don't think I could even stomach this anymore. (441 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

I won't even bother to break down the categories on this one. Not much to say. Drank it once and I'll never touch it again. It looks like any other piss-water beer, and smells and tastes worse. Who decided a disgusting, watered down cheap-o beer needed a light version? I would use this trash as weed killer if I wasn't worried about it poisoning the soil.

Overall: Don't touch it unless you're a penniless, pathetic drunk with no standards for your beer. (456 characters)

1.14/5  rDev -41.2%

A - Sadly this is the best part, maybe the pilsner glass helped the appearance, too. It was a light, golden yellow color with a fizzy, white 2+ finger head. No lace.

S - It smelled of adjuncts, corn and a foul sour funk/skunk.

T - It tasted bitter, not a hop bitter, a bad bitter. Corn and adjuncts.

M - It was thin, watery, and weak. A very light bodied beer.

D - A good reminder of why I only drink this at relatives houses. (431 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -41.8%

In a 12 oz can. Not exactly willing to pour this, as it's a 'swill and drop' beer. I try not to smell it often, but it does have a metallic nose that fights somewhat with it's negligible grain scent. THe taste is more bite that it is hops and malt. The beer is light on the flavors it should have, and not at all smooth. A staple at PSU Fraternity parties, and what one must drink if they want to drink for free. (412 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -41.8%

i had this with a group of college friends, even did it the honor of pouring it into a glass....what waste, such a bad beer. it can usually enjoy bad beers, in a different way. sometimes a budlight is "ok" that said i wouldnt choose them, if given an option, and i wouldnt drink this again if it was free and i was drunk. awful, in its lacking of anything. usually i put drinkability high on these beers because you can pack them back...not this beer i stopped after the first went to food lion, and got something else (518 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -41.8%

The natty light. Don't expect anything but light from this guy. It shares all the great macro lager characteristics.

Pale yellow/piss color. Weak tan head.

Smell is grainy and yeasty.

Taste is very light. Some malts syrup mixed in with the grains and bitter hops.

Fell is light. Overly carbonated.

I will probably never drink this again. Even if it is free. Sorry Busch, but step it up... Yea right. (405 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -42.3%

Another terrible beer from Anheuser-Busch. I wonder if they ever taste what they make?

From the smell to the aftertaste it is terrible. It tastes nothing like "Beer". It is bottled and cheap...that's about it. No hop aroma or taste, prolly none used. (251 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -42.3%

Well as much as I detest these beers, I was given one today, and as I always try to be polite, I accepted it, it’s been like 4 years since I sampled one, so what’s the harm.

The beer as it pours from the 12 ounce aluminum can, forms a transparent gold color with a bright white head and the lace a very thin sheet to cover the glass. Nose is all malt, sweet, fresh and crisp to the senses, start is lightly sweet, some malt noticed, the top is cadaverous. Finish has a benign acidity, the hops negligible, very dry, guess its better than dying of thirst, but only barely. (576 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -42.3%

Appearance was almost clear, poured with a tiny head. Had a light smell almost like water. Almost as flavorful as water. Thin like water. Here is the point, water is just as available and also cheaper. I have so few things to write about this, just because i don't know how to explain a flavorless beer. (303 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

Appearance: Pale, clear yellow, just struggling for some color to distinguish it from water.

Smell: Smelling this is like trying to discern the smell of seltzer water. Faint yeasts, but nothing there to really notice.

Taste: This is like Corona Light Light. If you think Corona Light had no flavor, then imagine what this tastes like. Very faint malts and a metallic, cooked-veggie taste are there, but they're barely discernible because they're so diluted. Its ridiculous amount of carbonation tries to mask the fact that it has practically nothing. If Bud was your average Ford Focus, this would be like giving you a steering wheel, a broken transmission, and detached trunk full of dead squirrels. Start walking.

Drinkability: Chuggable, but even then I have a hard time chugging this because it's just so bad. (818 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

I had out of a can while playing flip cup and a friends house...is there any other way?

While I don't even think it's worth going through, it slightly yellow tinted water with a skunky kind of scent.

It is so sour, skunk, it just is plain bad, unless your already ripped. I'm sure I'm not stating anything too ground breaking. (328 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

This beer is truly awful and as cheep as it may be it is still not worth it. It tastes and smells dirty and rotten. It doesn't even have the flavors of beer in it. There is no grain malt or hops just rain water that ran through your filthy gutter on the house all cluttered with rotting leaves when it cam out of the rain spout it was put in a can an pushed on me as beer. A few sips was as much as I could handle. This is (at the moment) my worst beer experience. Worse than another skunked beer I've had. Yet Josh drank several cans and I assume that it what the crap always tastes like. I just got a Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot and a snifter glass and sipped my one beer while he finished off the six cans.
Avoid.
Hope this is helpful.
Cheers! (750 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

This is quite possibly the worst American beer on the planet. I realize many people grow up on this stuff and everyone needs to start their beer drinking somewhere, but this shit is rancid. I myself used to drink this stuff by the bucket in my early college days, and in hindsight I should have just taken shots of something and saved myself the trouble. (354 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

I really tried hard to drink this with a straight face but I simply couldn't. I poured it into my glass and it looked like water with a slight amount of piss or something light yellow in there. Not really any head or carbonation showing. Smelled nothing. Tasted nothing. I got out a glass of water and drank them side by side. Almost no difference, I'm not joking. Terrible stuff. Might be good for beer pong if you're too poor to buy Busch light or High Life. This is not good. (478 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

First off I would like to say. OH! I have consumed more of this beer by volume than any other (Football Weekends, generic house parties etc.). Never once did I think, "this is good". My usually thought was, "well, it's a free keg, why not". While tapped keg sitting in a bucket of ice on someone's porch is the most common arangement. I have also had this from the can, and I once saw a bottle, but avoided it like the plauge.

Tapped keg, red plastic party glass (For the record I never used a blue one).

Appearance: Watery, light yellow.

Smell: Awful, zero noise, with chemical and metallic undertones.

Taste: Absolutely terrible, the second worst beer I have ever drank, the only thing redeeming is if it gets really really cold, you can drink it without thinking about it.

Mouth Feel: Pure carbonation at first, this beer much have more CO2 in it than the exhaust system of a Hummer. By the end of the glass, absolutely flat.

Drinkability: Better than gasoline, but at 4.2% really avoid it unless it is free. (1,017 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

What can I say? This is Natty, and it is not a beer drinker's beer. This is a beer for College students and homeless alcoholics. Very, VERY watery taste, not worth drinking unless you get it for free. Do yourself a favor and don't pour it into a glass. It will probably scare you away from it. (293 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

One beer I will rate from memory. . .what a nightmare! Other than price this beer has absolutely no reedeming qualitys. Looks bad, smells worst, believe it or not tastes and goes down worse than that! This beer is seriously seriously bad! Keystone or Natty Light? Neither, would rather not having anything to drink these days. (326 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

Appearance: Less color that piss. Like diluted corn or something. Small fizzy head.
Smell: Adjuncts galore.
Taste: More corn or rice than anything else besides water. It's disgusting but rates slightly higher than other beers of it's class because it has the least flavor of them all. It's discraceful that that makes it better.
Mouthfeel: Watery.
Drinkability: More drinkable than Beast and Stone, for what it's worth. (423 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -44.3%

This is piss-poor stuff. Easily my most forgettable beer experience. Anecdote: some friends and I were filming a student film and needed a can as a prop. All we had was a handful of change, so we bought one 23 oz. can of Natty Light. It was a dry campus, so the can to be empty since we were filming outside. No one wanted to drink it before we got back to campus, so we dumped it out in the parking lot of the grocery store. THAT’S HOW BAD IT IS.

I don’t understand the "this beer does its job" comments. Yeah it’s cheap, but if what you want is to get drunk, you can get a lot more hooch on the dollar with cheap whiskey. (631 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -44.3%

A - Pours a pale straw-yellow if not lighter with a teensy head that remains for mere seconds. Very carbonated. Probably the only thing that gives this higher than a one. 1.5.

S - Corn, diacetyl, metal, and...dare I say it...urine. Really unpleasant. 1.0

T - Watery taste with so much carbonation, all you can really taste at first is yeast, corn, and stale malt/hops. Metal from the can (or some other source) makes this nearly undrinkable. 1.0

M - Almost painfully fizzy and carbonated. Once the beer warms up in your mouth it becomes flat and almost tepid. Meant to go down your gullet, not stay in your mouth. Does go down easy though. 1.5

O - If you're looking to drink something and drink it fast, go for Natural Light. Otherwise, you can get much better options for relatively the same price. 1.0 (807 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -45.4%

Can (like there's a difference). The appearance is it's best attribute; and it was unimpressive. The rest smells, tastes, and feels like (what I imagine to be) horse piss. Here's a tip: you're that hard up, go for Steel Reserve. Or better yet, quit drinking. (258 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -45.4%

Yeah I think newcastleme said it for me. This beer has one purpose, to bring to an AA meeting and throw it in middle of the circle and see who wins. No don't do that, but that is all this beer is worth. I had this beer once for beer pong and when it started to get about room temperature; I almost threw up. (307 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -45.4%

Our neighbor, who turns down beer that's "beery beer," drinks this stuff when he's running out of money at the end of the month.

I couldn't actually see it, since it was in a can, so I don't know what the appearance is, so I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. If it were mindblowingly delicious, it would have an appearance of 5 with a vivacious straw-color and a luminescent transparency. Appearance doesn't mean squat anyway.

Tastes like metal, smells like metal, what more do you want? (483 characters)

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch