Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,876 | Reviews: 538
1.83/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Solid cheap beer, good value

1.5/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.85/5  rDev +10.8%

Brings back amazing memories of college

1.15/5  rDev -31.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

The worst "beer" I have ever had.

1.63/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Best cheap beer out there

1.52/5  rDev -9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.75/5  rDev +4.8%

1.75/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

3.45/5  rDev +106.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Best bang for your buck

1.47/5  rDev -12%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured an almost clear, slightly yellow color with a lot of fizz. The smell was very faint with only some rice scent. The flavor was little to nothing with some rice soda flavor at the finish. Not too crazy about what is basically iced beer tea.

1.92/5  rDev +15%

I'm going to try to give this an objective review. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's out of a sense of duty, given the connection I have to this beer through my college experience. Well here goes.... Picked up a single 16 oz. can at the corner gas station. Pours in to a Craft Beer Exchange pint glass with a thin, fizzy head that dissipates almost instantaneously. The exceptionally pale, translucent, yellow beer affords a good look at the bubbles streaming to the surface. Without them, it would appear completely lifeless and stale. I was going to talk about the aroma, but there is none. I accidentally dipped my nose in to the beer while trying to get close enough to detect...anything. Traces of pale malts and a vague "beer" smell. That's about it. The taste? Almost nothing there either. It is so mild and nondescript that I would hesitate to label the flavor. Perhaps a faint aftertaste of creamed corn. With a watery mouthfeel, average carbonation and an exceedingly thin body, it makes you wonder why. Why would anyone voluntarily buy this? Why even bother? I guess the answer is found in my college dorm days. My roommate's dad worked for Anheuser-Busch, and the college was located just outside of St Louis. So, if you use your imagination, I'm sure you can envision that this was NOT a good combination for a freshman living out of state. I managed to wallpaper the entire ceiling of our room with the case labels. But, as cheap as each 30-pack was, it exacted a much higher price in the form of poor judgment, embarrassment, and legal fees for my drunken escapades. The moral of the story? Drink this beer only if it's free. But be prepared to be completely uninspired, possibly nauseated, and maybe even arrested.

Dirt dirt dirt dirt dirty beer

1.44/5  rDev -13.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.1/5  rDev +25.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

If there were a category for use versatility ( ipecac, projectiles) and sheer memories from the days of yore where a case of this was like having a briefcase full of nudie mags, I would not put that amorphous glob into the overall, but what can I do? Beer is a social drink, and this brand did a lot of the breaking in of life and my place in it during my formative years....

This is absolute piss water.

If I had to compare this to a movie, it would be The Room, so terrible you must have it.

I wonder if this is even beer, disgusting.

1.81/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.5/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.02/5  rDev -38.9%

I started drinking craft beers about 6 years ago. I'm 29 now. I used to drink Bud Light as a college student, but I would always avoid Natural Light. I can't drink anything from A-B these days. We actually keep this in stock at the hospital pharmacy I work at for alcoholics who have to have a beer each day during their stay. I pretty much have to apologize for handing this swill out.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch