Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Natural LightNatural Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 513 | Hads: 1,947

This beer, when poured into my glass, had a large white frothy head with small bubbles that fully diminished. There was some lacing with this beer and very little carbonation was observed. There was very little flavor and the mouthfeel was light and watery. (257 characters)

This beer pours a very fizzy head with zero lacing, it smells like corn and grains and metal, the quintessential adjunct lager. Tastes like water and it feels like water in my mouth. I wouldn't recommend this beer to even my worst enemy; I tried this in college and it almost turned me off to beer forever. I couldn't pound this stuff if you paid me. (350 characters)

This beer is evil. If this doesn't belong at the absolute bottom of the list, I don't know what does. This is watered down even for a light lager. Wow.

I had this last night as a series of light lagers also reviewed this evening. I've been drinking this stuff off and on at the scummiest parties since I was a kid, but forced down a few more gulps to preserve the honor of not having to review any of my beers from distant memory.

Of all the light lagers I had, this was the worst, mostly because of the corn syrup component and almost translucent color and taste. Had an odd sort of tonic-water effect, only without the natural quinine that comes with tonic-water. Overcarbonated and VERY difficult to finish. So I didnt. (724 characters)

Kinda tasted like sandy river water. I get that this is a cheap beer, but at what point do you ask yourself, "Is it really worth it?"

Will not buy or drink. (157 characters)

I picked up some because money was low, Holiday Season. I was used to craft beer, not this! Just about as close to water as you can get. No taste, no head, what else can I say. Will not be purchased again! (208 characters)

The only thing this beer is good for is when using in drinking games, as you don't really need to enjoy the beer then and just need to drink quick. If you're not an undergrad, please don't buy this beer. Ever. (209 characters)

Good old Natty Light. I do not think that I have ever actually purchased one of these, rather have had a few after I ran through my beer on the golf course and my friend Danny didn't want to see me give up on a buzz, or just wanted to make sure my score continued downhill. Nonetheless, it's a beer only in the sense of governmental guidelines, I'm sure. Taste has the faintest corn mixed in with minerals rounding it out before the bitter finish of what can only be described as a once proud presence of alcohol that is only a passing relic in the experience. (560 characters)

A: An unhealthy pale urine-like color with soda fizz: barely pale yellow with some brown tones. If you ever pee like this, see a doctor.

S: Almost non-existent, as close to a beer smell as grape coolaid is to grape.

T: If it were just weak, that would be one thing, this actually tastes bad.

M: More watery than a glass of water.

D: If you can stomach the taste, I guess you could drink quite a few (402 characters)

again not worth rating this beer. Never could find this beer in a bottle. Had this beer when I was in college.The worst beer I ever had for a long time until I tried hieneken and India pale ale. This is absolute piss water if there were such a thing. This the leftovers of the leftovers of the leftovers. Great in playing college beer games, but colors isn't good, taste is not existant as well as drinkabilty (409 characters)

OKAY. I was hiking in Colorado when I had this, as an explanation.

Hot day, right on - I had a little flask of Windsor Canadian with me (a rare thing, I view liquor as merely a wasted chance to have a beer, but sometimes you're in situations where you need a little to go a long way), and it came to pass that one of the guys hauled out a few cans of Natty that he'd been toting. He kindly offered to share, but we gave them a while in a nearby stream to cool down a bit first.

Look man, perhaps obviously by posting here, I love beer. Love it, nearly all of it, and I do my best to keep an open mind and leave the snobbery aside.

But even given that I love beer, given that it was hot, I was tired, and would have pronounced a cold can of Budweiser the equal of Westvleteren XII (not that I've ever had the latter) on that day, this is some terrible beer right here.

There's just NO reason for it to be as utterly thin, tasteless and generally bad as it is. I mean, they could care a LITTLE bit about what they put in cans, it seems to me. (1,060 characters)

Appearance- Piss Water
Smell- Piss
Taste- None
Mouthfeel- Water
Overall- Perfect to clean your toilet with. Looking back on my 18 year old self i realize why we drank this. But now i want to smack myself in the head, if you want to go cheap, get some high life. (261 characters)

One of the worst beers I've ever tried. This beer is completely watery with a slightly metalic flavor on the finish. Really, this beer is so watery and nasty tasting, it's hard not to be impressed with AB's ability to fashion such a bad beer. Even by AB stanadards, this stands out as a particularly awful effort. (316 characters)

I drank one of these from a half-empty case left by partying college kids at a neighborhood beach. Presumably the abandoned it accidentally. This beverage is very pale in color, and has virtually no smell or taste. It feels like water going down the chute. If you're thirsty, it may be better than nothing, but I'll stick with my bottle of spring water. For the college kids (only over 21), without a developed taste for malt and hops, this may be a good way to chill with friends. (481 characters)

Why is there no rating below 1.0? This beer is the stuff fratboy's vomit is made of. This beer is quite pungent with a odor like no other. It smells sort of like a dumpster at a very popular bar. I cant believe people actually drink this crap. After a glass full I cant take anymore. Color is like any other cheap domestic beer; golden and clear. I feel sick now and dont think I need to continue this review any further. My opinion is that this brew is un-drinkable. Pour it down the drain and save yourself from a horrible experience. (536 characters)

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

It is neon green cat pee.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up) (292 characters)

Pours an yellow, fizzy color with a head that doesn't last. Taste is somewhat watery with only a mild corn background. Definitely tastes like drinking fouled water. For being one of A-B's "budget" beers, I'm not too shocked. If you like your beers to go down easy and taste like nothing, this beer's for you. (308 characters)

Where to begin. I cant think. My buddy claimed that this is the most drinkable beer on the planet. I avoid this one like the plague. As for the shitty lights, this one is on the extreme end of the spectrum, bordering not even worth drinking for a buzz. My advice to anyone who is drinking beer just to feel good, stick with your bud heavy. If you gotta go light, keystone maybe?? shit they all suck (398 characters)

Everything about this beer says budget budget budget. It smells like molded water, taste like molded water, and does not give you a buzz. Obviously brewed with corn or other fillers

A - Light as can be

S - As mentioned before, like molded water, the smell is quite awful

T - Almost as if you are drinking salted water

M - No body or texture

O - I do not suggest drinking this beer, it can not be healthy (408 characters)

Review from notes

This is downright one of the worst tasting beers I've ever had in my life. Nearly as bad as Blue Moon (see review for that one). I can drink a BMC beer, no problem. But Natty Light has an off taste of strong metallicness and a bit of sour vegetable or something weird in the finish. Bland to start, bad to finish. I'm glad I didn't attend many college parties. (379 characters)

Quite possibly the worst beer in the entire world. Natural Light shows what mindless marketing can convince people of buying. Natural Light is a beer people buy not for the experience of beer, but for getting drunk. It is made to be light so that you can consume more it it; not so that a creative beer can be enjoyed. Its lackluster performance is due to its lack of concern to even take any risks. It is Great Value cereal grains, yeast, and if it has hops, I can't taste it.

I tried this beer because I have a bunch of friends who had it laying around. NEVER AGAIN! (570 characters)

My rating says it all. Watery appearance. No aroma or taste worth noting. Mouthfeel is just as watery as it looks. Got stuck with a bottle of this at a party hosted by people who have no clue about beer. I actually couldn't finish it which says volumes because I'm usually not one to turn down a freebie. I'm not sure if it's the worst beer I've ever had because it has lots of competition but its got to be close. (414 characters)

Has to be up there as one of the lowest rank beers.

appearance: basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, basically just a clear refresher. NO taste....

mouthfeel: watery adn very high carbonation

drinkability: very easy. only good for long hot days. (321 characters)

Pours a very pale yellow color with a fizzy white head that immediately fades. No lacing.

Funky(not in a good way) aroma with lots of grain and an odd metallic presence. Lots of corn and stale hops along with very faint malt.

Flavor is identical to the aroma. Very thin and watered down with an odd metallic flavor along with sweet, grainy corn, stale hops and pale malt. Very unpleasant and even though it is very light and watery, I'm still having a hard time choking it down.

This beer is absolutely awful and doesn't have one positive quality. One of the worst beers I've ever had. (591 characters)

WORST BEER I have ever tried in my life! Worse than Corona, BudMillerCoors, and most adjunct beers IMO.

A: Two second head. if you drink this you probably don't know what lacing is.

S: Aluminum.

T: The taste of the aluminum can dominates any beer flavors present. Malt and hop flavors never made it in to the party. Besides aluminum, there are some corn and rice adjunct flavors in there.

M: Carbonated water

D: About the same as carbonated water. I don't think that counts.

The high point of this beer is its alcohol content. I remember being disappointed when I got this for free at frat parties in my early college years. I'm not sure this deserves to be called beer. I've tasted NA beers that were better than this. (727 characters)

This is the worst beer in the world. It is to beer what the antichrist is to Catholicism. It's like a parody of beer, "brewed" by people who secretly hate beer and want people who drink their product to learn to hate it as quickly as possible. When good beers go to bed at night, they dream of this shi!e lurking under their beds.

I was introduced to this years ago by a man who drank this exclusively. I now wonder whether he hated himself, or was just such a cheap alocholic that he was left with no other choice...

When you pour it into a glass- it looks like a well-hydrated person has taken a frothing piss- so it's probably better just to drink it from the can to save yourself from seeing its appearance.

It smells like... this actually gave me pause... It smells enough like beer to pass the test, but just because something smells like beer does not mean it's beer.

It's taste is its strongest suit. Do not mistake this for its best suit. It's best suit is that it is easily identifiable in can-form, so that it's easy enough to avoid. It's taste is like Miller Highlife filtered through a beaches storm drain and mixed with murky lake water. If I had to guess, it tastes like the water that pet turtles must swim in- Funky, with just a splash of artificial beer taste to make it taste SOMETHING like beer, but not quite. it gives me a queasy, sick, stomach-churning sense just thinking about it.

The mouthfeel is like water, except your mouth feels dirty afterwards- like it's polluted your mouth.

Overall this is the worst beer I can imagine. It's what I would force prisoners to drink to rehabilitated them from drunk driving. After being forced to drink this, most people would never want to touch ANY beer ever again. (1,737 characters)

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch