Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Natural LightNatural Light

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 516 | Hads: 1,969

AWFUL. This 'beer' just smells from moldly boiled rice and distilled alcohol. Pale yellowish color, no head no lacing. Makes me wonder why I am drinking this, and who would buy this. The flavor is mostly of the bitter moldy rice. AVOID!!! unless your aying beer pong

Even as a broke college student I avoided this sorry excuse for a beer like the plague. It baffles me how anyone could take a look at the finished product and think it's good to bring to market. Even as a beer pong beer it fails; especially when coors light is a better option.

Looks: Dull yellow, just on examination you can tell that you're in for a world of hurt.
Smell: mildly sweet with a small hint of rice. Not in a good way like a Japanese red ale, but like cheap, mass produced garbage.
Taste: At first it's pungent and nearly undrinkable. Then it becomes slightly dull and tastes of tea made from the contents of a lawnmower bag with a pack of sugar.
Mouth feel: every synapse in your brain fires off as you are overcome with a sense of agony. Your body wants to reject it, but you fight against yourself and take the gulp. By the end of the can you want to cry.

I would advise against this beer.

I drank this from a can.

This is piss colored, carbonated, light gold with a bad white head and no lacing.

It smells like skunky beer.

It tastes like skunky beer too. I drank this a lot back in the day when I didn't know any better, now its the worst thing imaginable.

It is going to be hard to come up with ways to expound upon "Worst. Beer. Ever." when attempting to describe this brine, because I think that about says it all. Calling this beer watery is an insult to water. Light fizzy gold color with a weak white head. You'll find as much lacing with this beer as you would with a pair of Velcro sneakers. Aroma of mineral water. Weak, borderline insulting flavor and no finish at all. Why anyone would try to explain the virtue of being able to buy 30 cans of this to get hammered for a low price is beyond me. Spend a dollar more and get a beer with a bit of flavor that actually has some alcohol in it if that is your game. There is simply no reason for this to exist.

I honestly do not understand the fascination w/ this absolute shitty beer. It seems it's almost always this @ college parties... IT SUCKS!!! Maybe it's because I don't flock to light beer like every single other spineless American, but there are so many other beers out there for the same price. If you're gonna go w/ cheap beer, get Pabst of Evil Eye or something. Don't torture yourself w/ awful light beers.

1.02/5  rDev -44%

I started drinking craft beers about 6 years ago. I'm 29 now. I used to drink Bud Light as a college student, but I would always avoid Natural Light. I can't drink anything from A-B these days. We actually keep this in stock at the hospital pharmacy I work at for alcoholics who have to have a beer each day during their stay. I pretty much have to apologize for handing this swill out.

1.03/5  rDev -43.4%

This is what hell tastes like.

Pale, watery, dirty yellow look to this. Could pass as urine easily.

Smells fortunately like nothing. Given what it could smell like, this is a plus.

Tastes like creamed corn, overcooked vegetables, and seltzer water. No hop character. No malt character. Just no character of any sort. A big 0.

Light bodied, sort of crisp mouthfeel, gets real nasty when it warms up.

You could waterboard me with this stuff and I'd probably enjoy it more than drinking it.

1.03/5  rDev -43.4%

Apparently the drink of choice at college parties in Northwestern Ohio. I've had the displeasure of partaking.

Pours the lightest of straw colors with absolutely no head. Smells of straight grain husk. Tastes not much better, as it adds in a bit of cardboard. Feel is way, way too carbonated, although it does the service of carrying away many of the flavors. Drinks quickly, only because I want it out of my mouth.

1.03/5  rDev -43.4%

Why Not, I have not reviewed it- I heard great things from this one from the STCWB. Poured this 22 ounce can into a pint glass. This Light Lager poured a pale yellow color, produced an ultra thin white head, and featured piss poor retention. The aroma consisted of cereal grain and cooked veggies. Light in body, a foundation of thin malted grain, and a small dose of hops. Bottom line....this is Barely Beer.

1.05/5  rDev -42.3%

After reading some other reviews of this beer, I am still at a loss as to how it is described as 'tasteless'. Any time I have had the dubious pleasure of swilling this monstrosity, I've been struck by many things it lacks - color, body, any texture beyond that of seltzer - but taste is something it has. And what a taste it is:
Some drinks are described as astringent, as they make your mouth feel almost puckered. This does that - but not through any particular quality of the drink, but more becuase of the pure nasty of the taste. It is sour in a way entirely seperate from anything palatable, bitter in entirely unnatural ways, and even when poured into a glass retains a metallic tang that dominates the character of the beer. This is also the only beer I have ever encountered that tastes exactly the same no matter what state it or the taster is in - whether room-temperature or near-frozen, whether tasted while stone-cold sober or 3 sheets to the wind - the beer hearkens to the fermented sweat of Lucifer, hopped with only the finest brimstone and sulfur. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

1.05/5  rDev -42.3%

Forgot how bad this beer was. Last time I had it was about 4 years ago in college. Pours a pale yellow with not much of a head. Looks like water with some pale ale mixed in. Smells like grain and...well nothing. Taste is bland, and nearly non-existent. Aftertaste is pretty awful though. I'm not sure this can be classified as beer, but I suppose it has to be since they check your ID when you buy it...

1.05/5  rDev -42.3%

Okay, apparently they decided they needed a "light" version of their already rancid beer. I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but this could possible be the worst tasting piss water in existence. I mean, thats what I thought it was. Then someone told me that I was drinking beer and I was like "HOLY SHIT?"

Seriously though, this is just as bad as Busch Light and Corona Light. They all reek of fermenting cereal grains and rat shit, and its actually a wonder why they taste like water and not sewage.

1.06/5  rDev -41.8%

Can (like there's a difference). The appearance is it's best attribute; and it was unimpressive. The rest smells, tastes, and feels like (what I imagine to be) horse piss. Here's a tip: you're that hard up, go for Steel Reserve. Or better yet, quit drinking.

1.06/5  rDev -41.8%

Yeah I think newcastleme said it for me. This beer has one purpose, to bring to an AA meeting and throw it in middle of the circle and see who wins. No don't do that, but that is all this beer is worth. I had this beer once for beer pong and when it started to get about room temperature; I almost threw up.

1.06/5  rDev -41.8%

Our neighbor, who turns down beer that's "beery beer," drinks this stuff when he's running out of money at the end of the month.

I couldn't actually see it, since it was in a can, so I don't know what the appearance is, so I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. If it were mindblowingly delicious, it would have an appearance of 5 with a vivacious straw-color and a luminescent transparency. Appearance doesn't mean squat anyway.

Tastes like metal, smells like metal, what more do you want?

1.08/5  rDev -40.7%

This is piss-poor stuff. Easily my most forgettable beer experience. Anecdote: some friends and I were filming a student film and needed a can as a prop. All we had was a handful of change, so we bought one 23 oz. can of Natty Light. It was a dry campus, so the can to be empty since we were filming outside. No one wanted to drink it before we got back to campus, so we dumped it out in the parking lot of the grocery store. THAT’S HOW BAD IT IS.

I don’t understand the "this beer does its job" comments. Yeah it’s cheap, but if what you want is to get drunk, you can get a lot more hooch on the dollar with cheap whiskey.

1.08/5  rDev -40.7%

A - Pours a pale straw-yellow if not lighter with a teensy head that remains for mere seconds. Very carbonated. Probably the only thing that gives this higher than a one. 1.5.

S - Corn, diacetyl, metal, and...dare I say it...urine. Really unpleasant. 1.0

T - Watery taste with so much carbonation, all you can really taste at first is yeast, corn, and stale malt/hops. Metal from the can (or some other source) makes this nearly undrinkable. 1.0

M - Almost painfully fizzy and carbonated. Once the beer warms up in your mouth it becomes flat and almost tepid. Meant to go down your gullet, not stay in your mouth. Does go down easy though. 1.5

O - If you're looking to drink something and drink it fast, go for Natural Light. Otherwise, you can get much better options for relatively the same price. 1.0

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

Appearance: Pale, clear yellow, just struggling for some color to distinguish it from water.

Smell: Smelling this is like trying to discern the smell of seltzer water. Faint yeasts, but nothing there to really notice.

Taste: This is like Corona Light Light. If you think Corona Light had no flavor, then imagine what this tastes like. Very faint malts and a metallic, cooked-veggie taste are there, but they're barely discernible because they're so diluted. Its ridiculous amount of carbonation tries to mask the fact that it has practically nothing. If Bud was your average Ford Focus, this would be like giving you a steering wheel, a broken transmission, and detached trunk full of dead squirrels. Start walking.

Drinkability: Chuggable, but even then I have a hard time chugging this because it's just so bad.

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

I had out of a can while playing flip cup and a friends house...is there any other way?

While I don't even think it's worth going through, it slightly yellow tinted water with a skunky kind of scent.

It is so sour, skunk, it just is plain bad, unless your already ripped. I'm sure I'm not stating anything too ground breaking.

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

This beer is truly awful and as cheep as it may be it is still not worth it. It tastes and smells dirty and rotten. It doesn't even have the flavors of beer in it. There is no grain malt or hops just rain water that ran through your filthy gutter on the house all cluttered with rotting leaves when it cam out of the rain spout it was put in a can an pushed on me as beer. A few sips was as much as I could handle. This is (at the moment) my worst beer experience. Worse than another skunked beer I've had. Yet Josh drank several cans and I assume that it what the crap always tastes like. I just got a Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot and a snifter glass and sipped my one beer while he finished off the six cans.
Hope this is helpful.

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

This is quite possibly the worst American beer on the planet. I realize many people grow up on this stuff and everyone needs to start their beer drinking somewhere, but this shit is rancid. I myself used to drink this stuff by the bucket in my early college days, and in hindsight I should have just taken shots of something and saved myself the trouble.

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

I really tried hard to drink this with a straight face but I simply couldn't. I poured it into my glass and it looked like water with a slight amount of piss or something light yellow in there. Not really any head or carbonation showing. Smelled nothing. Tasted nothing. I got out a glass of water and drank them side by side. Almost no difference, I'm not joking. Terrible stuff. Might be good for beer pong if you're too poor to buy Busch light or High Life. This is not good.

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

First off I would like to say. OH! I have consumed more of this beer by volume than any other (Football Weekends, generic house parties etc.). Never once did I think, "this is good". My usually thought was, "well, it's a free keg, why not". While tapped keg sitting in a bucket of ice on someone's porch is the most common arangement. I have also had this from the can, and I once saw a bottle, but avoided it like the plauge.

Tapped keg, red plastic party glass (For the record I never used a blue one).

Appearance: Watery, light yellow.

Smell: Awful, zero noise, with chemical and metallic undertones.

Taste: Absolutely terrible, the second worst beer I have ever drank, the only thing redeeming is if it gets really really cold, you can drink it without thinking about it.

Mouth Feel: Pure carbonation at first, this beer much have more CO2 in it than the exhaust system of a Hummer. By the end of the glass, absolutely flat.

Drinkability: Better than gasoline, but at 4.2% really avoid it unless it is free.

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

What can I say? This is Natty, and it is not a beer drinker's beer. This is a beer for College students and homeless alcoholics. Very, VERY watery taste, not worth drinking unless you get it for free. Do yourself a favor and don't pour it into a glass. It will probably scare you away from it.

1.1/5  rDev -39.6%

One beer I will rate from memory. . .what a nightmare! Other than price this beer has absolutely no reedeming qualitys. Looks bad, smells worst, believe it or not tastes and goes down worse than that! This beer is seriously seriously bad! Keystone or Natty Light? Neither, would rather not having anything to drink these days.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch