1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Natural LightNatural Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros

KidRagnarok, Nov 15, 2011

mmmbeerNY, Jun 16, 2014

barnzy78, Nov 28, 2011

Mclaughlinpr, Mar 11, 2013
1.02/5  rDev -38.9%

Apparently the drink of choice at college parties in Northwestern Ohio. I've had the displeasure of partaking.

Pours the lightest of straw colors with absolutely no head. Smells of straight grain husk. Tastes not much better, as it adds in a bit of cardboard. Feel is way, way too carbonated, although it does the service of carrying away many of the flavors. Drinks quickly, only because I want it out of my mouth.

Thorpe429, Oct 08, 2010
1.03/5  rDev -38.3%

This is what hell tastes like.

Pale, watery, dirty yellow look to this. Could pass as urine easily.

Smells fortunately like nothing. Given what it could smell like, this is a plus.

Tastes like creamed corn, overcooked vegetables, and seltzer water. No hop character. No malt character. Just no character of any sort. A big 0.

Light bodied, sort of crisp mouthfeel, gets real nasty when it warms up.

You could waterboard me with this stuff and I'd probably enjoy it more than drinking it.

GreesyFizeek, Mar 06, 2013
1.03/5  rDev -38.3%

Why Not, I have not reviewed it- I heard great things from this one from the STCWB. Poured this 22 ounce can into a pint glass. This Light Lager poured a pale yellow color, produced an ultra thin white head, and featured piss poor retention. The aroma consisted of cereal grain and cooked veggies. Light in body, a foundation of thin malted grain, and a small dose of hops. Bottom line....this is Barely Beer.

GossageBrewery, Apr 09, 2013
1.03/5  rDev -38.3%

If I could rate this beer at zero I would. Stopped by the quick pick gas station after work. Had low funds so I grabbed a sixxer of 16oz cans for $3.50. Should have been my first sign. I noticed it has no taste at all. Canned water with alcohol. My dog wouldn't even drink it. Causes gut busting diarhea also!

DirtyMikeandTheBoys, May 18, 2014
1.05/5  rDev -37.1%

After reading some other reviews of this beer, I am still at a loss as to how it is described as 'tasteless'. Any time I have had the dubious pleasure of swilling this monstrosity, I've been struck by many things it lacks - color, body, any texture beyond that of seltzer - but taste is something it has. And what a taste it is:
Some drinks are described as astringent, as they make your mouth feel almost puckered. This does that - but not through any particular quality of the drink, but more becuase of the pure nasty of the taste. It is sour in a way entirely seperate from anything palatable, bitter in entirely unnatural ways, and even when poured into a glass retains a metallic tang that dominates the character of the beer. This is also the only beer I have ever encountered that tastes exactly the same no matter what state it or the taster is in - whether room-temperature or near-frozen, whether tasted while stone-cold sober or 3 sheets to the wind - the beer hearkens to the fermented sweat of Lucifer, hopped with only the finest brimstone and sulfur. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

falcn5, Oct 08, 2005
1.05/5  rDev -37.1%

Forgot how bad this beer was. Last time I had it was about 4 years ago in college. Pours a pale yellow with not much of a head. Looks like water with some pale ale mixed in. Smells like grain and...well nothing. Taste is bland, and nearly non-existent. Aftertaste is pretty awful though. I'm not sure this can be classified as beer, but I suppose it has to be since they check your ID when you buy it...

jdubjacket, Jul 15, 2008
1.05/5  rDev -37.1%

Okay, apparently they decided they needed a "light" version of their already rancid beer. I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but this could possible be the worst tasting piss water in existence. I mean, thats what I thought it was. Then someone told me that I was drinking beer and I was like "HOLY SHIT?"

Seriously though, this is just as bad as Busch Light and Corona Light. They all reek of fermenting cereal grains and rat shit, and its actually a wonder why they taste like water and not sewage.

hulmanite, May 28, 2004
1.05/5  rDev -37.1%

Can (like there's a difference). The appearance is it's best attribute; and it was unimpressive. The rest smells, tastes, and feels like (what I imagine to be) horse piss. Here's a tip: you're that hard up, go for Steel Reserve. Or better yet, quit drinking.

b3shine, May 04, 2011
1.05/5  rDev -37.1%

Yeah I think newcastleme said it for me. This beer has one purpose, to bring to an AA meeting and throw it in middle of the circle and see who wins. No don't do that, but that is all this beer is worth. I had this beer once for beer pong and when it started to get about room temperature; I almost threw up.

92jAKe47FS, Jul 21, 2010
1.05/5  rDev -37.1%

Our neighbor, who turns down beer that's "beery beer," drinks this stuff when he's running out of money at the end of the month.

I couldn't actually see it, since it was in a can, so I don't know what the appearance is, so I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. If it were mindblowingly delicious, it would have an appearance of 5 with a vivacious straw-color and a luminescent transparency. Appearance doesn't mean squat anyway.

Tastes like metal, smells like metal, what more do you want?

tanzaniakate, Nov 28, 2008
1.08/5  rDev -35.3%

This is piss-poor stuff. Easily my most forgettable beer experience. Anecdote: some friends and I were filming a student film and needed a can as a prop. All we had was a handful of change, so we bought one 23 oz. can of Natty Light. It was a dry campus, so the can to be empty since we were filming outside. No one wanted to drink it before we got back to campus, so we dumped it out in the parking lot of the grocery store. THAT’S HOW BAD IT IS.

I don’t understand the "this beer does its job" comments. Yeah it’s cheap, but if what you want is to get drunk, you can get a lot more hooch on the dollar with cheap whiskey.

tylerss20, Nov 18, 2011
1.08/5  rDev -35.3%

A - Pours a pale straw-yellow if not lighter with a teensy head that remains for mere seconds. Very carbonated. Probably the only thing that gives this higher than a one. 1.5.

S - Corn, diacetyl, metal, and...dare I say it...urine. Really unpleasant. 1.0

T - Watery taste with so much carbonation, all you can really taste at first is yeast, corn, and stale malt/hops. Metal from the can (or some other source) makes this nearly undrinkable. 1.0

M - Almost painfully fizzy and carbonated. Once the beer warms up in your mouth it becomes flat and almost tepid. Meant to go down your gullet, not stay in your mouth. Does go down easy though. 1.5

O - If you're looking to drink something and drink it fast, go for Natural Light. Otherwise, you can get much better options for relatively the same price. 1.0

rudolphjacksonm, Nov 10, 2011