Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 513 | Hads: 1,949
1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

Appearance: Less color that piss. Like diluted corn or something. Small fizzy head.
Smell: Adjuncts galore.
Taste: More corn or rice than anything else besides water. It's disgusting but rates slightly higher than other beers of it's class because it has the least flavor of them all. It's discraceful that that makes it better.
Mouthfeel: Watery.
Drinkability: More drinkable than Beast and Stone, for what it's worth. (423 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -42.3%

Another terrible beer from Anheuser-Busch. I wonder if they ever taste what they make?

From the smell to the aftertaste it is terrible. It tastes nothing like "Beer". It is bottled and cheap...that's about it. No hop aroma or taste, prolly none used. (251 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -42.3%

Well as much as I detest these beers, I was given one today, and as I always try to be polite, I accepted it, it’s been like 4 years since I sampled one, so what’s the harm.

The beer as it pours from the 12 ounce aluminum can, forms a transparent gold color with a bright white head and the lace a very thin sheet to cover the glass. Nose is all malt, sweet, fresh and crisp to the senses, start is lightly sweet, some malt noticed, the top is cadaverous. Finish has a benign acidity, the hops negligible, very dry, guess its better than dying of thirst, but only barely. (576 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -42.3%

Appearance was almost clear, poured with a tiny head. Had a light smell almost like water. Almost as flavorful as water. Thin like water. Here is the point, water is just as available and also cheaper. I have so few things to write about this, just because i don't know how to explain a flavorless beer. (303 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -41.8%

In a 12 oz can. Not exactly willing to pour this, as it's a 'swill and drop' beer. I try not to smell it often, but it does have a metallic nose that fights somewhat with it's negligible grain scent. THe taste is more bite that it is hops and malt. The beer is light on the flavors it should have, and not at all smooth. A staple at PSU Fraternity parties, and what one must drink if they want to drink for free. (412 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -41.8%

i had this with a group of college friends, even did it the honor of pouring it into a glass....what waste, such a bad beer. it can usually enjoy bad beers, in a different way. sometimes a budlight is "ok" that said i wouldnt choose them, if given an option, and i wouldnt drink this again if it was free and i was drunk. awful, in its lacking of anything. usually i put drinkability high on these beers because you can pack them back...not this beer i stopped after the first went to food lion, and got something else (518 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -41.8%

The natty light. Don't expect anything but light from this guy. It shares all the great macro lager characteristics.

Pale yellow/piss color. Weak tan head.

Smell is grainy and yeasty.

Taste is very light. Some malts syrup mixed in with the grains and bitter hops.

Fell is light. Overly carbonated.

I will probably never drink this again. Even if it is free. Sorry Busch, but step it up... Yea right. (405 characters)

1.14/5  rDev -41.2%

A - Sadly this is the best part, maybe the pilsner glass helped the appearance, too. It was a light, golden yellow color with a fizzy, white 2+ finger head. No lace.

S - It smelled of adjuncts, corn and a foul sour funk/skunk.

T - It tasted bitter, not a hop bitter, a bad bitter. Corn and adjuncts.

M - It was thin, watery, and weak. A very light bodied beer.

D - A good reminder of why I only drink this at relatives houses. (431 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

Oh man. I just had to put this one in here. Every beer reviewer has to at least once try the king of bad beers, Natural Light.

Take a gander at this one, folks -- you can hardly even tell it has a colour. It resembles a drop of real beer in a can of water. I've heard it has a head, but I haven't seen one without shaking the can first. If anything deserves a 1, this has to be it. I almost want to deny to myself that there can be worse.

It has the cooked-excrement aroma of loose, damp soil evaporating in midday heat after a morning's rain. It's not quite wretch-worthy, but it's unpleasant. You can also smell some of the alcohol, which doesn't bode well.

The flavour, of course, is gold-medal stuff. Nowhere before have I had a beer that tasted like such rot dissolved in seltzer water and spiked with a shot of cheap vodka. But praise be to Him for making the atrociousness of this beer so weak and watery. You can hardly taste it, but what you can taste is so horribly, painfully bad that you're perfectly happy not to. If ignorance is bliss, I am in an enlightened hell with this beer.

Speaking of watery, that's all you'll get for a mouthfeel. Carbonated water. But I'd rather just drink carbonated water myself, and I don't even like carbonated water (curse you, Perrier!). I guess you could drink this if you were already drunk or trying oh-so-desperately to get there, but it's quicker, cheaper, and less painful to just throw back a few shots of rotgut.

Avoid like the plague. (1,495 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

A friend on mine from Florida thought it'd be nice to remind me what it was like back in the boons. I got to pour it out in a flimsy plastic cup and I'm not sur if it was transparent or not but it was sure close even with it's overly fluffy useless smelly head. It smelled like preserve or something, I can't place it. I guess if it's server near freezing you won't notice it has NO friggin' taste. I'd be better off using it as solvent. Water thin at best. Really bad beer. Amazing I ever had some even years ago and didn't notice. (532 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

The beer of choice during my College years but haven't really touched it since. It definitely is a College kid beer. Saying I've had it "many times" just doesn't tell the story. I can't bring myself to say too many bad things about this beer. So many good times where fueled by the Naty Light. For what it's worth I preferred it over Busch. And you simply cannot beat the price. However, I just don't think I could even stomach this anymore. (441 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

I won't even bother to break down the categories on this one. Not much to say. Drank it once and I'll never touch it again. It looks like any other piss-water beer, and smells and tastes worse. Who decided a disgusting, watered down cheap-o beer needed a light version? I would use this trash as weed killer if I wasn't worried about it poisoning the soil.

Overall: Don't touch it unless you're a penniless, pathetic drunk with no standards for your beer. (456 characters)

1.16/5  rDev -40.2%

Had this on New Years Eve. Very pale yellow color with about the thinnest white head I have ever seen. It was gone in no time. Light cooked vegetables is about all I could smell. The taste also had light cooked vegetables and an unpleasant metallic flavor. I thought that was not supposed to be noticeable if the beer is poured into a glass? Thin and watery and dry. not worth the trouble to have again. (403 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -39.2%

I had my first "natty light" last night at a friends house. How I avoided this beer for so many years is beyond me!

Its almost clear, very pale yellow. I can't smell much of anything, maybe some corn? The taste has to be the most shocking part of this beer. I swear it tastes exactly like selzter water! Every sip I swished it around trying to pick up any hint of hops, malt, anything. Nope, just carbonated water!

Mouthfeel was light as can be, I guess you could really put down a ton of these. I can see why outside of its cheapness why its a favorite college drink.

This has to be the beer for people who don't like beer. It has an amazing lack of everything! (665 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -39.2%

No. How's that for a succinct review? This beer lacks any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Wait, I suppose that it could give sparkling water a run for its money. A very pale straw color with an odd grain aroma, and a subdued head. Very little flavor, just a faint note of hops at the finish and stinging carbonation. (322 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -39.2%

Ahh, Natural Light. I'd never planned on writing this review, but some were left in my refrigerator and I felt strangely compelled.

A - Sickly yellow coloration with a tiny bit of froth which vanished from my pint glass. No visible lacing.

S - Harsh odor of must and a touch of grain.

T - Astringent and mostly flavorless. Even though the alcohol content is low you can still taste it over anything else.

M - Watery light body, sharp carbonation, unpleasant taste left on the tongue.

D - Makes most other macros taste like dessert. Avoid, unless at a frat party and in need of losing your sobriety. (604 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -39.2%

A- A light yellow with a very small amount of head. No retention and very little lacing. Clear color as well.

S- Cooked grains is about all that is coming from this one, strick adjuncts available.

T- Cooked cereal grains and corn are the most available in this beer. A bizarre sweetness jumps up for a small amount of time but seems very artificial. Aftertaste is almost nothing except for the corn taste.

M- Incredibly thin to the point of non enjoyment.

D- The only reason this doesn't rate as a 1 is because its so far from the taste of beer that one can put down a can. No way you would reach for another one of these. Surprise, surprise. (647 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -38.1%

A - Very light color, almost looks like ginger ale.
S - None to Speak Of
T - Very little to speak of, basically Beer flavored water
M - This bubbly beer makes for a refreshing drink, but only because of the carbonation
D - Okay if you're drinking on the cheap, or buying for a mass quantity of people (300 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -38.1%

Disclaimer: You MUST drink this beer ice-cold. If not, don't bother at all. Poured from a tall boy ($1.39) into a fat flute.

Appearance: Clear piss color. Almost water... Just about completely transparent.

Smell: Contaminated water.

Taste: There's certainly *something* in there that isn't water, but it's hard to tell.

Mouthfeel: Lightest beer ever.

Overall: If this is all you can afford, don't drink tonight. The only redeeming quality I could really mention about this "beer" is that I could drink it at a moderate pace probably all day and not get myself into trouble. If it's 100 degrees out, and it's under ice in your cooler, and no one else contributed to the beer fund that day, forcing you to take care of it all, it MIGHT be an acceptable choice. MAYBE. (775 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -38.1%

It's not easy to be worse than Natty Ice. But this beer has done it. The quality is bottom of the barrel. Clear light yellow with absolutly no head. The smell was non existant. The taste was very much like rice and a bit of a ginger ale taste. I couldn't finish the whole thing. Nasty stuff. (291 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -38.1%

A real cheap college freshman standby. I've unfortunately had more than a few of these, but now I will actually analytically criticize this piece.

A - Looks somewhat like carbonated urine. It is not visually appealing at all. It looks somewhat like a beer right when poured, but the head dissipates quickly, leaving a sorry excuse for beer.

S - Smells faintly like malted corn, and husky, lousy aroma. Not too special in this department.

T - What taste? I am surprised this is allowed to be called beer as it is essentially carbonated H2O.

M - Mouthfeel of coca-cola... real special.

D - Well, it is also possible to drink your own urine. I guess if I had the choice, I would choose natty light.

Overall, a cheap light beer with little flavor and one designed for mass consumption. (787 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -38.1%

I picked it up a can of this as a joke because my friend asked for water to I got both and handed him the natty light. Yeah My band just got down playing a show outside very hot and tired so I didn't want to put it back. I opened it up drank half of it could not stand it so I poured it out. Yes this beer lacks in so many areas. It looks like urine. With a smell that I can't put my finger on but it sure is offensive. Tastes like nothing at all. Very very very light watery mouth feel. With a Drinkability that leads me to be able to choke one of these down once every 5 years. (579 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -38.1%

Fizzy yellow beer. No aroma. No flavor. That's actually not such a bad thing considering what some of its competition puts out. It's cheap and not offensive. Buy a case for your next frat party or Nascar race. It'll only put you out about eight bucks. (251 characters)

Polluted water appearance
Metal tasting.
smells like nothing

This beer was created to get people hammered for the price of a hamburger.
It goes down like water and tastes just about the same.
and don't worry if you spill some on you it's only alcoholic water. (266 characters)

1.21/5  rDev -37.6%

Ok where do I start on this beer. The beer was served cold and in a pint glass.

Appearance: The beer pours a pale fizzy yellow. The head is white about 1/4 inch and quickly resolves.

Smell: The aromas from my glass are a metalic cooked veggie water smell. Not good.

Taste: The beer has a bit of sweetness this combines with the flavor of the can. Again not good.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability: The beer has a thin body. The carbonation is active and helps the beer but its still not good. This beer is little more than an alcohol delivery system and not particularly good at that. (580 characters)

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch