Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 520 | Hads: 1,988

Single-handedly the worst beer I have ever had, this has barely any taste and it reminds me of drinking a can of 4/5ths of water 1/5ths of beer. Natural Ice is by far the better option and they both cost the same so do yourself a favor and do not buy this beer.

1.28/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

This is, in my opinion, the epitome of a college party beer. It's cheap and lacking in a lot of what is needed to be a quality beer. I really don't have anything positive to say, so I'll end it here.

2.94/5  rDev +61.5%

Got a tall boy at the beer store yesterday. Straw color, with minimal lacing. Tastes like barley- flavored seltzer water. It' okay, I mean- it is a silly light beer. Added some lime juice and it was refreshing enough.

4.95/5  rDev +172%

well first off, let me start by saying that I'm in a frat that makes me automatically qualified to be an expert on beer. I like to get fucked up. Period. Ive been drinking since I've been thirteen, and I'm fucked up right now. good beer

3.5/5  rDev +92.3%

Best of the light beers so I will rate it as such. My reasoning for why I say best of the light beers: They are all awful so this one doesn't even try to be a beer-it's easy to drink and it's cheap. So in this context I really don't understand the low ratings.

Best bang for your buck if you are on a tight budget.

3.18/5  rDev +74.7%

I only buy this when its on sale, and around here it gose on sale quite ofton. i normaly do not drink light beer as have to drink twice as mutch to get the job done. but when working on my mod it is a good beer to have without getting fully hammerd.

it looks like a typical AB light beer and taste like a typical AB light beer. this was the go-to beer for my alcohalic dad who would drink 3 cases of light beer a day. it smells allright and is not unpleasent or pleasent.

2.12/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Cheapest of the light beers so why not. they all taste look and feel about the same. why pay for miller lite advertising when you can get basically the same thing for 10 buck less per 30 pack

1.76/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The initial pale color darkens up just a bit after the pour, but only to the level of, say, weak apple juice. There are bubbles, so I know it is carbonated, but less so than even a soda. The "head" disappeared faster than your average soda, and the lacing is, well, nonexistent as a result. My smell evaluations fall between "meh" and "that's nice" about 90% of the time, but this is offputting on the nose, a rare and unwelcome occurrence. Bizarrely, the taste may be the most redeeming feature. There's some degree of complexity in the grossness on your tongue before an oily, gross feeling is left after you swallow. I'm glad to have gotten my tick, but, well, gross. I could see a beer being worse, but not by much.
P.S.: How many people do you think followed up Edmund Fitzgerald immediately with a Natty Light?

1.95/5  rDev +7.1%

For the style, Natural Light represents fairly well. Unfortunately, the style is bland, terrible beer, and in that regard, Natty Light is still a bland, terrible beer.

3.47/5  rDev +90.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

As im sure most impartial beer lovers on here know, the average BA user rates with a "All Beer created equal" stand point. However this is simply not true. This is a light American style lager, that means that there are not going to be complex flavors, citrus after taste or anything of its liking. Its not the style of American light beer.

That being said, rating this beer against other American lights- it is fine. Incredibly refreshing, goes down similar to water (which is what its made to do) and has the perfect amount of hops and "beer flavor" for its average consumer. Look and smell are both bad. This is a session beer. This is a -have 6-8 a night- beer. Would defiantly not turn this beer down at a party or at family/friends house. Probably would not buy or order at a bar, but it is a mediocre light beer.

The only thing this beer is good for is when using in drinking games, as you don't really need to enjoy the beer then and just need to drink quick. If you're not an undergrad, please don't buy this beer. Ever.

1.63/5  rDev -10.4%

The redeeming characteristic of this beer is not that it has good qualities but rather the lack of bad qualities or possibly the lack of any qualities.
This is the only BMC light that doesn't give me a headache or digestive upset, You can slam down a 12er on a hot summer day and bounce right up and get to work the next morning. Other than that there is not much positive to say.

4.04/5  rDev +122%

For all the light beers out there and the cheap price of this, it is perfectly fine. It smells gross but with the low alcohol content and smoothness, you could easily drink this while eating food, having one at a friends, tailgating, etc. Very good light beer. Do not understand the hate

Good old Natty Light. I do not think that I have ever actually purchased one of these, rather have had a few after I ran through my beer on the golf course and my friend Danny didn't want to see me give up on a buzz, or just wanted to make sure my score continued downhill. Nonetheless, it's a beer only in the sense of governmental guidelines, I'm sure. Taste has the faintest corn mixed in with minerals rounding it out before the bitter finish of what can only be described as a once proud presence of alcohol that is only a passing relic in the experience.

4.2/5  rDev +130.8%

This beer isn't meant to compete with any of the top stuff here.... it's just a cheap, light beer that you can throw in a cooler and have on a hot day before the game or when you're grilling - and for that it's perfect. I always have a few in my fridge when I'm looking for something light. Brings back memories too :)

1.47/5  rDev -19.2%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured an almost clear, slightly yellow color with a lot of fizz. The smell was very faint with only some rice scent. The flavor was little to nothing with some rice soda flavor at the finish. Not too crazy about what is basically iced beer tea.

1.92/5  rDev +5.5%

I'm going to try to give this an objective review. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's out of a sense of duty, given the connection I have to this beer through my college experience. Well here goes.... Picked up a single 16 oz. can at the corner gas station. Pours in to a Craft Beer Exchange pint glass with a thin, fizzy head that dissipates almost instantaneously. The exceptionally pale, translucent, yellow beer affords a good look at the bubbles streaming to the surface. Without them, it would appear completely lifeless and stale. I was going to talk about the aroma, but there is none. I accidentally dipped my nose in to the beer while trying to get close enough to detect...anything. Traces of pale malts and a vague "beer" smell. That's about it. The taste? Almost nothing there either. It is so mild and nondescript that I would hesitate to label the flavor. Perhaps a faint aftertaste of creamed corn. With a watery mouthfeel, average carbonation and an exceedingly thin body, it makes you wonder why. Why would anyone voluntarily buy this? Why even bother? I guess the answer is found in my college dorm days. My roommate's dad worked for Anheuser-Busch, and the college was located just outside of St Louis. So, if you use your imagination, I'm sure you can envision that this was NOT a good combination for a freshman living out of state. I managed to wallpaper the entire ceiling of our room with the case labels. But, as cheap as each 30-pack was, it exacted a much higher price in the form of poor judgment, embarrassment, and legal fees for my drunken escapades. The moral of the story? Drink this beer only if it's free. But be prepared to be completely uninspired, possibly nauseated, and maybe even arrested.

2.1/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

If there were a category for use versatility ( ipecac, projectiles) and sheer memories from the days of yore where a case of this was like having a briefcase full of nudie mags, I would not put that amorphous glob into the overall, but what can I do? Beer is a social drink, and this brand did a lot of the breaking in of life and my place in it during my formative years....

1.02/5  rDev -44%

I started drinking craft beers about 6 years ago. I'm 29 now. I used to drink Bud Light as a college student, but I would always avoid Natural Light. I can't drink anything from A-B these days. We actually keep this in stock at the hospital pharmacy I work at for alcoholics who have to have a beer each day during their stay. I pretty much have to apologize for handing this swill out.

Even as a broke college student I avoided this sorry excuse for a beer like the plague. It baffles me how anyone could take a look at the finished product and think it's good to bring to market. Even as a beer pong beer it fails; especially when coors light is a better option.

Looks: Dull yellow, just on examination you can tell that you're in for a world of hurt.
Smell: mildly sweet with a small hint of rice. Not in a good way like a Japanese red ale, but like cheap, mass produced garbage.
Taste: At first it's pungent and nearly undrinkable. Then it becomes slightly dull and tastes of tea made from the contents of a lawnmower bag with a pack of sugar.
Mouth feel: every synapse in your brain fires off as you are overcome with a sense of agony. Your body wants to reject it, but you fight against yourself and take the gulp. By the end of the can you want to cry.

I would advise against this beer.

I sit down with an ice cold can, and only the purest thoughts of alcoholic absolution run through my mind. Cracking open the top and listening to the hiss of the carbonation, I'm immediately transported to a land of verdant, rolling hops and ice cold mountain streams. Indeed, this is a beer meant for kings and gods, that much is apparent from the outset. A routine pour reveals a beer steeped in ineffable majesty. The cascading, golden lager results in sumptuous suds, with a head that literally begs for a deep, long drag from the dry gulch of the thirsty everyman. Beer meant for men, and not much else needs to be said. Brewers can do it right, or do it wrong, and Natural Light hits a slam dunk every time. I love this beer more than I love pizza.

1.65/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

look: pale yellow, not as bad as it could be... 1.75

smell: smells bland yet sugary and sweet like fruit 1.75

taste: tastes nice for a bottom shelf however aftertaste strikes quickly, nasty 1.5

mouthfeel: best out of all bottom shelves I have had, on the lower side of medium full, carbonated and delivers a slight slight bite 1.75

overall I will give this a 1.75 nice terrible light low end brew

3.81/5  rDev +109.3%

Throw few thousand pet food bags a night, stop by the store get a couple 25's slam em, wake up do it all again. The way this beer is supposed to be enjoyed!

1.44/5  rDev -20.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Pours a very pale yellow color. Head starts off thick looking like soft drink carbonation thinning to very thin, but not completely disappearing. Smells like what you'd expect, watered down fermented corn. Not much taste at all and is quite dry on the mouth.

1.46/5  rDev -19.8%

I was in town, had one mission to complete (pick up two pizzas for my friend's kids), and lots of time on my hands. So I was bored. Sue me. (no, don't.) I saw a six pack of Natural ("Natty") Light just chilling lonely in the bargain brew section. $4.49, I figured...why not. How bad can it be? It's an Annheuser-Busch product, if anything it's just a little worse than Busch Light.

I'm here to tell you, this swill is baaaaad. Like whoa, bad. Laugh out loud bad. It's drinkable, yes, but throw taste out the window, it tastes like garbage.

Appearance (2) : It actually pours a head. Surprising. The body is the clearest beer I have ever seen. It's like bad municipal city water.

Aroma (1.75) : tin, grain, washed out corn, light floral, watered down steamed rice.

Flavor (1.5) : None. Well okay. It's a rush of tin and metal, with a malt liquor-type of alcohol burn, followed by the faintest hint of malted grain. And when I mean faint, I mean faint. That is it for flavor, that is as descriptive and as thorough as I can be. So there you have it.

Mouthfeel (1.5) : Fizzy, stabbing carbonation and a watery wash. It drinks easy, though.

Overall (1.46) : I can already feel myself getting a headache from this and I'm only a half of a can in. Can I rename this beer to "liquid metal"? It might sell better that way and at least they're being honest about the taste. The belches have more flavor than the beer itself. So in closing this beer is close to the worst I've ever had in my life. If you truly hate yourself you'll buy and drink this beer. It really truly is, pure garbage. I may honestly use the rest of the six pack for target practice on the range.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch