2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Natural LightNatural Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Ratings: 1,426 | Reviews: 474 | Show All Ratings:
Theshooster

Korea (South)

Everything about this beer says budget budget budget. It smells like molded water, taste like molded water, and does not give you a buzz. Obviously brewed with corn or other fillers

A - Light as can be

S - As mentioned before, like molded water, the smell is quite awful

T - Almost as if you are drinking salted water

M - No body or texture

O - I do not suggest drinking this beer, it can not be healthy

12-10-2012 04:48:45 | More by Theshooster
kshizzle101

Washington

2.38/5  rDev +41.7%

Poured from a 12oz can into a pint glass

Appearance - clear yellow. One inch head which dissipates almost immediately. Some but very little lacing.

Smell- almost no smell. Faint hops. smells like a light beer

Taste - Faint hops and some malts towards the end

Mouthfeel - extremely light. good carbonation though

Overall - One of the better light beers. Easy to drink and very crisp.

12-07-2012 03:33:47 | More by kshizzle101
1professional

4.63/5  rDev +175.6%

Absolutely love it!!! My 1st choice when it comes to buying beer. Its cheap and for someone who drinks it like I do, thats a good thing. It's very good when its very cold but I could really care less. Not many people "bum" beer off of me because most folks dont drink it

12-03-2012 08:32:12 | More by 1professional
Brandtmo

3.75/5  rDev +123.2%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty.

11-25-2012 22:12:16 | More by Brandtmo
Winston_Smith

Kentucky

1.23/5  rDev -26.8%

Disclaimer: You MUST drink this beer ice-cold. If not, don't bother at all. Poured from a tall boy ($1.39) into a fat flute.

Appearance: Clear piss color. Almost water... Just about completely transparent.

Smell: Contaminated water.

Taste: There's certainly *something* in there that isn't water, but it's hard to tell.

Mouthfeel: Lightest beer ever.

Overall: If this is all you can afford, don't drink tonight. The only redeeming quality I could really mention about this "beer" is that I could drink it at a moderate pace probably all day and not get myself into trouble. If it's 100 degrees out, and it's under ice in your cooler, and no one else contributed to the beer fund that day, forcing you to take care of it all, it MIGHT be an acceptable choice. MAYBE.

11-20-2012 05:52:12 | More by Winston_Smith
beershrine

2.7/5  rDev +60.7%

A:Light straw color
S: Smell of cereal grains, light alcohol wiff.
T: smooth taste a very light unoffensive beer. I can detect a head retension chemical. Doesn"t have the dish soap after taste like Miller and finishes better (dryer) than bud or coors, etc..
M: light mouthfeel finishes very light, nice

Overall value of this beer is a 5
18packs are 10.99 thats .61 each

This beer is near the top of the watery light lager catagory.
My go to: economy travel beer

11-07-2012 01:29:35 | More by beershrine
tectactoe

1.26/5  rDev -25%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

The last time I had a Natty Light, I was trying to bounce a ping pong ball into a red Solo cup at the other end of the table. Natty Light is one of those beers that you drink because it's super cheap. It tastes like water that's been filtered through an old, rusty pipe. Nobody enjoys it, nobody likes it. They drink it because it goes down like Aquafina and they're still technically drinking "beer". But this is far from beer.

So pale of a straw color that it might as well be clear. Mild chill haze. No aroma... Oh, wait... I think I'm getting something... Smells like metal and corn. My favorite. Tastes a little like metal and corn, too. Very grainy and watery. It isn't so much offensive as it is basically nonexistent by any "beer" related metrics. Very nearly no smell, taste, color, and the mouth feel is akin to tap water with some carbonation. Overall, I'd suggest going to bed thirsty before wasting your time and money on this stuff. Yuck.

08-09-2012 00:47:40 | More by tectactoe
SometimesIfart

1.53/5  rDev -8.9%

Had this beer a long time ago ( thankfully ) although I figured i'd give it a review based on what I could remember. I actually remember preferring Bud Light over this garbage. Anyway, Poured from a can into a lager glass. Pours a medium yellow with absolutely no head and no lacing whatsoever. Probably the blandest looking beer that I have ever seen. The smell...corn adjnuct. That's it. Literally, THAT is it. At least it smelled like something though I guess. The taste is of the lightest rice I have ever tasted, And perhaps some rotten asparagus?. Terrible. The mouthfeel is just a bunch of fizziness. The mouthfeel actually completely lacks flavors of any sort, Although with this beer, It isn't a bad thing! I'll give it a two simply for getting rid of those flavors!. Overall, This is THE blandest beer that I have ever had. WHY buy this? PBR is just as cheap and actually is pretty good. This beer should be discontinued as the only people who buy it are fake redneck's

08-03-2012 18:36:58 | More by SometimesIfart
soju6

Missouri

1.98/5  rDev +17.9%

A: Pours a pale yellow color with a fizzy head that fades to no real lacing.

S: Very mild aroma of grain and bit of sweetness. Just a bit musty.

T: Mild taste of grain with a bit of sweetness. Just a bit of bitterness.

F: Light body, smooth and just a bit refreshing.

O: Not a beer I tend to seek out. Beer from a neighborhood BBQ. It's only redeeming trait is the price and it does go down easy, especiallywhen cold.

05-30-2012 21:49:53 | More by soju6
hatecave09

3.95/5  rDev +135.1%

Well my family drinking started drinking this as their regular out of nowhere. Never liked it much for the heartburn factor but as time goes on the body changes, as so does my taste. Also as the economy falls so does my paycheck so all in all natty is alright in my book.

Your typical light beer... Pale yellow color, highly carbonated and quenches ones thirst like water ( for the most part) and doesn't offend the wife when it comes to the bank account.

When you're looking for a beer to get your drunk on and enjoy yourself this is the one. Plus it helps to secure this figure i worked so hard for. HA.

Take it as it is natty kicks some ars for a cheap fix.

05-14-2012 04:18:47 | More by hatecave09
Jamesthebrit

1.4/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A: Very light golden. Little head but lots of bubbles
S: Smells like stale yeast and cheap alcohol.
T: Some yeast hints but overall very watery.
M: Insanely light, too bubbly and lingering grossness.

Yeah.... light beers shouldn't be a thing. Pass on this for sure.

04-24-2012 17:34:55 | More by Jamesthebrit
smakawhat

Maryland

1.53/5  rDev -8.9%

Dude did you just STEAL that can from that guys house? Oh yes you did! Into a nonic pint glass you go.

Off the pour, this thing nearly looks like water, hits the glass with a very straw yellow and crystal body, would probably be even more faint if I actually poured this in a real pilsner glass. Head is really weird in formation, forms like a white meringue, but not too large with lots of snapping and falls pretty quickly. Giant FAT cola bubbles everywhere, on the glass, rising, is this soda?

Nose on first sniff is rank. Smells like classic creamed corn (DMS). God it's awful and also real buttery in a diacetyl way. I am afraid to even try this.

Sweet grainy malts, with much if coming only in the aftertaste and swallow. This beer really tastes.. like nothing upon first quaff. A bit wet and also seltzery with a weird tight carbonation. The only surprise is that it doesn't taste like it smells which I am thankful for, mostly because it really has no taste at all.

Light it is, horrible too. Yikes just putrid. I try these things once in awhile to see what I am missing sometimes. Obviously not much. The sad irony is you probably couldn't even drink enough of this to get drunk.

04-01-2012 23:01:09 | More by smakawhat
brewcore

South Carolina

1.9/5  rDev +13.1%

Poured from a can into a pint glass,

A: Light golden color. Yields a one finger fizzy white head that quickly fades away into a thin ring. Tons of carbonation bubble rise up the glass.

S: Not much fragrance. What little is there smells of sweet corn and slight funk.

T: Slightly sweet but not overly so. No hop presence. Very light.

M: Light body and moderate-high carbonation. Super thin and watery.

O: Not bad for such a cheap light beer, but certainly not something I would look for. I have yet to find a light beer I would willingly stock in the fridge so this one is par for the style. I would consider this over many other more expensive light beers.

03-07-2012 23:13:13 | More by brewcore
TheCondor

Missouri

1.78/5  rDev +6%

Hey Dave, why don't you chuck me one of those Natty's so these vultures don't steal my seat! Awesome commercial. If you've lived in America, been broke, and wanted to get hammered, you've probably drank extraordinary amounts of this brew before!

Appearance - Pours a clear, clean straw color with no head and no lacing. Even with an aggressive pour head is basically non-existent.

Smell - Not much. Maybe a little bit of grain mixed with some metallic notes

Taste - About the same as the nose, which is why this beer is perfect for bonging. It really doen't taste like anything, and the colder it gets, the less taste it has.

Mouthfeel - At least it finished nice and crisp!

Overall - It is what it is. For a broke frat boy looking to get loaded on a Wednesday night, this beer is perfect. Even for tailgating, barbequing, boating, or other outdoor summer activities, this hits the spot because yuo can drink a lot and it isn't too heavy. Natty!

02-18-2012 16:27:21 | More by TheCondor
AstroMike

4.08/5  rDev +142.9%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

02-12-2012 04:22:06 | More by AstroMike
schoolboy

2.17/5  rDev +29.2%

Well, these were freebated. $7 for the beer and $8 back from the snacks I bought which I would have bought anyway. It's pretty bad, though. I almost never drink this style and never this beer (it's for young folks).

I didn't wash my glass out from the good stuff before this, and thus it still looks and smells a bit from much more robust styles. On it's own, though, there is very little going on. A constant stream of bubbles is good, but the aroma isn't very good.

It's thin and way too light for me. There are others from this stylewith more and better character.

Now, should I throw them out? Of course not. That would be alcohol abuse!

02-04-2012 21:24:41 | More by schoolboy
puboflyons

New Hampshire

2.75/5  rDev +63.7%

From can no. 30JUL-MZ46 sampled on January 15, 2012. It is fifteen degrees outside so I placed this can on my front step to really chill it down naturally. Natural Light? Natural cooling? Why not? I review these on their style not on their reputation.

So it pours yellow with carbonation angst and a foamy head. The head fades fast. It looks like it supposed to. Aromas of barley malt, cereal, light yeast, and clean hop note. Better than anticipated but still very typical. The body is thin and watery. The taste is grainy with a slightly unexpected dry finish. Still nothing extraordinary. All in all a typical light macro lager.

01-15-2012 17:56:36 | More by puboflyons
CowsCanBark

1.78/5  rDev +6%

Poured from 24 oz. can into pint glass. Reviewed to style.

Appearance: Pours a clear pale golden hue with a (surprising) three-finger head! It's soapy white and actually leaves lacing down the glass! Whoa!

Smell: Water. Metal. Corn, maybe?

Taste: Extremely faint, and I mean extremely faint corn adjuncts, metals, and grass, and a large dose of water.

Mouthfeel: Light, crisp, refreshing.

Overall: Just as bad, if not, worse than the big-name BMC lights.

01-11-2012 02:14:41 | More by CowsCanBark
ABVerageJoe

1.88/5  rDev +11.9%

A - A very pale yellow with a fast-bubbling and dissipating, white, 2-finger head which left behind some thing tiny-bubbled lacing.

S - Smells mostly like corn and yeast, very plane pale american pilsner.

T - Very faint yeast and corn flavors with a slight sweetness to it, not a whole lot going on.

M - Watery, which I think is a great thing for this made-chuggable beer.

O - It's my favorite within the style of "drinking game" beer. I would rather have Natty Light than Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light or any other cheap garbage beer. This affectionately-named "frat water" is a must-have for all collegiate men pursuing higher and noble ideals.

01-11-2012 01:27:21 | More by ABVerageJoe
Jra1985

Oklahoma

1.68/5  rDev 0%

Poured from a can into a glass.

A- Typical straw color that you see in aals. very little head.

S- Not much to smell here, some grains if you try hard enough.

T-Really compared to other aals it isn't all that bad. It is watery and doesn't have alot going on here either. Probably the best thing about this beer, although that still isn't saying a whole lot.

M-High carbonation and very light bodied. Goes down smooth.

O-Not a great beer even for aals but its not the worst. I would drink this over a few bmcs though. It is cheap beer so take it for what it is.

12-30-2011 17:36:00 | More by Jra1985
mynie

Indiana

2.08/5  rDev +23.8%

Pours pale with a decent, but quickly dissipating, head. Smells totally decent, if very very light, uncomplicated barley and adjunct cereal without so much as a hint of hops. There's barely anything there, but for the style that's to be expected.

Tastes--eh, there had to be a severe drop off, didn't there? It has the same lightly soapy offness of Bud Lite, only the bubbleblow nodes aren't buffeted by anything beery, things just get more medicinal as the sip progresses. It goes from soap to aspirin to heartburn all in one gulp.

Not nearly the worst beer I've ever had. It's nearly inoffensive. But if you're looking for a light-as-air beer you can pound quickly and thoughtlessly, you'd still be better off drinking Keystone Light, as that provides the same cheap buzz with maybe half the gross nodes.

12-19-2011 06:16:33 | More by mynie
corby112

Pours a very pale yellow color with a fizzy white head that immediately fades. No lacing.

Funky(not in a good way) aroma with lots of grain and an odd metallic presence. Lots of corn and stale hops along with very faint malt.

Flavor is identical to the aroma. Very thin and watered down with an odd metallic flavor along with sweet, grainy corn, stale hops and pale malt. Very unpleasant and even though it is very light and watery, I'm still having a hard time choking it down.

This beer is absolutely awful and doesn't have one positive quality. One of the worst beers I've ever had.

12-13-2011 08:47:04 | More by corby112
tdm168

1.93/5  rDev +14.9%

Pours a pale gold color with very loose, soap-like head that quickly fades. The nose has an apple-like sweetness to it as well as some metallic notes. The taste is just like the smell; sweet apples, grainy, metal. The mouthfeel is very light, overly carbonated, and somewhat dry.

I hadn't had one since college, but I was drinking out of my father-in-laws fridge. It's basically a haven any and all macros so I figured I'd run through as many different ones as I could since it was free. I would never buy this now.

12-01-2011 21:08:51 | More by tdm168
ZenAgnostic

1.2/5  rDev -28.6%

12oz can poured into a pint glass. Bottom of can stamped 28OCT11. Identical to the bottled version.

Appearance - Ultra clear pale straw body. Thin white lace with no retention and minimal stick.

Smell - Very mild hop. A bit more than you'd get from Bud Light, but not very much. Dry and musky.

Taste - Stale bubble gum that lost its sweetness. Mild cardboard hop and slight alcoholic astringency.

Mouthfeel - Almost no effervescence; flat. Light bodied. Kinda sticky.

Overall Drinkability - Nothing particularly offensive, but almost completely character-less.

11-24-2011 05:36:33 | More by ZenAgnostic
tylerss20

New Hampshire

1.08/5  rDev -35.7%

This is piss-poor stuff. Easily my most forgettable beer experience. Anecdote: some friends and I were filming a student film and needed a can as a prop. All we had was a handful of change, so we bought one 23 oz. can of Natty Light. It was a dry campus, so the can to be empty since we were filming outside. No one wanted to drink it before we got back to campus, so we dumped it out in the parking lot of the grocery store. THAT’S HOW BAD IT IS.

I don’t understand the "this beer does its job" comments. Yeah it’s cheap, but if what you want is to get drunk, you can get a lot more hooch on the dollar with cheap whiskey.

11-18-2011 21:08:32 | More by tylerss20