Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 520 | Hads: 1,988
1.9/5  rDev +4.4%

It tastes like carbonated water with a little beer flavoring added. The metal taste from the can actually enhances the taste. It tastes even worse when poured into a glass because the aluminum flavor is taken away. This beer is the very definition of cheap swill.

3.06/5  rDev +68.1%

Good ol' college standby. I spent many of nights in college doing 12oz. curls of this schwill. It's drinkability is superb because it tastes like water. As far as standards, this one rates low, but nostalgia and the many memorable nights and football games I spent with my natty I cannot talk bad about this beer. Exceptional tailgating beer

1.15/5  rDev -36.8%

Oh man. I just had to put this one in here. Every beer reviewer has to at least once try the king of bad beers, Natural Light.

Take a gander at this one, folks -- you can hardly even tell it has a colour. It resembles a drop of real beer in a can of water. I've heard it has a head, but I haven't seen one without shaking the can first. If anything deserves a 1, this has to be it. I almost want to deny to myself that there can be worse.

It has the cooked-excrement aroma of loose, damp soil evaporating in midday heat after a morning's rain. It's not quite wretch-worthy, but it's unpleasant. You can also smell some of the alcohol, which doesn't bode well.

The flavour, of course, is gold-medal stuff. Nowhere before have I had a beer that tasted like such rot dissolved in seltzer water and spiked with a shot of cheap vodka. But praise be to Him for making the atrociousness of this beer so weak and watery. You can hardly taste it, but what you can taste is so horribly, painfully bad that you're perfectly happy not to. If ignorance is bliss, I am in an enlightened hell with this beer.

Speaking of watery, that's all you'll get for a mouthfeel. Carbonated water. But I'd rather just drink carbonated water myself, and I don't even like carbonated water (curse you, Perrier!). I guess you could drink this if you were already drunk or trying oh-so-desperately to get there, but it's quicker, cheaper, and less painful to just throw back a few shots of rotgut.

Avoid like the plague.

1.53/5  rDev -15.9%

Ugh, I would choose a lot over this beer. I tried to drink it while I was fishing and was not impressed with it. It is definitely drinkable but has a pretty nasty after taste. It does have potential because it goes has decent drinkability and a crisp bite to it. Definitely not the first beer I would ever grab, but not the last.

1.41/5  rDev -22.5%

Poured from a 24 oz can into 16 oz pint glass. Left the remaining 8oz in the can and gave to my roomie.

Sight: Straw-colored and much effervescence. A slight head forms but quickly dissipates. Looks pretty watery.

Smell: Corn flakes and pennies. I usually drink beer from bottles, maybe it's from the can? I'm not sure.

Taste: This is why I never drank in high school. Thank the lord I never acquired this taste. It's faint, sour, and rides on heavy carbonation. If I concentrate I taste some grains, corn or maybe barley, not sure. My mind doesn't want to swallow it. The off-taste, combined with the near-freezing temperature gives me a stomachache.

Mouthfeel: Watery comes to mind immediately. Lacking any substance.

Drinkability: Unlike many, I could never drink more than four regular cans, even when I was desperate.

Overall: Not even in my top three of American adjunct lagers, but this swill is cheap. If you love this beer, keep drinking it. However, if something inside you yearns for adventure, stop by your local gettin' place and drop $8 on a well-reviewed 6-pack.

2.15/5  rDev +18.1%

...First off, this is a drunk review, and yes i'm trying hard to type correctly.(thank you spell check)

A: straight up light yellow, and i mean light yellow..you can see the carbonation.

S: I dont know how to explain the smell, only that you can somewhat smell shity corn.

T: Ummm, nothing? Maybe a hint of water?

M: Just carbonation, you'll feel nothing else.

D: I could drink this literally all day and feel fine the next morning...I love the drinkability...

This is a great beer for it's purpose, wich is getting drunk and having a good time...For a cheap price, I'd recommend this...forget Corona with a lime, this is the ultimate beach beer.

2.4/5  rDev +31.9%

A- When poured, leaves a thin white head, with a trailing lace. A some what clear yellow color to it.

S- Bland, no strong smells.

T- Watery, and as well as the smell, a bland taste.

M- Have you ever done something that made your mouth feel dry, and all you can think of to drink is a nice tall glass of water?
That's what this is, a some what alcoholic water.

D- This is a beer that anyone could honestly drink. There is no worry here that in drinking to many of these you'll get "drunk" at least for me, this is pretty much just a "spiced up" glass of water.
Nothing to it.

1.87/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

This beer is horrible! If you are familiar with Natural Ice (just as bad) then you should know that this is just a more dull and watered down version of that. The 'Light' part of this beer just made the 'Ice' version a lot worse. I wouldn't suggest and of the Natural beers because they are not well brewed. The cans are very boring and unattractive as well.

A: An unhealthy pale urine-like color with soda fizz: barely pale yellow with some brown tones. If you ever pee like this, see a doctor.

S: Almost non-existent, as close to a beer smell as grape coolaid is to grape.

T: If it were just weak, that would be one thing, this actually tastes bad.

M: More watery than a glass of water.

D: If you can stomach the taste, I guess you could drink quite a few

1.53/5  rDev -15.9%

Piss yellow with a 11/2 in head that quickly disappears with hardly a trace. An astringent odor of cereal with a noticeable absence of malt. Much worse than Bud regular, my benchmark of poor beers. If you need a cheap light beer, drink Stroh's. They use malt. My high score on drinkability is not for palatability. It just goes down fast. The faster the better.

1.45/5  rDev -20.3%

Everytime I visit my brother, his mini fridge on the back porch is fully stocked with this in 16ozers. He neatly faces them so all the label are lined up nice and neat(his house and porch on the other hand are trashed, usually!) Yes he takes pride in his Redneck lifestyle and it shows in the things that are important to him.
With that said, her is my rating:
A...a very diluted urine yellow with tiny head
S...soapy water
T...sweet, soapy water
M...light bubbly
D...OK, when sitting on my bro's back porch or fishing in his john boat but only if the Natties are soaking in an ice bath.

2.71/5  rDev +48.9%

I gave this beer the rating I did because;

1) The appearance mirrors the taste. Which is to say, the beer looks just like you'd expect it to taste.

2) The smell is barely noticable. But that's fine for a light Pilsner beer.

3) Taste; Good becaue the manufacture claims it's smooth and that's exactly what it is.

3) Mouth feel, smooth. That's what they claim. It goes down real easy.

If your looking for an alternative to Miller Lite and want something with less taste and lots of smoothness, this is it. Some guy reviewed this and said something like it's a good beer for a hot summer night. I would agree.

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

Wow, I can't imagine anyone drinking this for the flavor because there is none. Horrible, but still not as bad as Corona or Bud for the simple fact that the carbonation overpowers any Beer flavor at all.

A: Not to be cliche but piss color. No lacing and a microscopic amount of head.

S: I really had a hard time smelling anything. Aluminum and faint barley.

T: The carbonation dominates the flavor of the beer completely. Bitter taste of hops and barley, no depth or real beer flavor at all. It tastes like soda water and Bud Light.

M: Once again, the carbonation leaves a fizzy feeling on your tongue, almost like after drinking really fresh cold Diet Coke.

D: I give it a 2 for the simple reason that the carbonation hides most of the flavor of the beer, thus slightly easier to chug down. I would still probably gag if I had to drink more of that crap though. Great beer if you want to get wasted.

1.05/5  rDev -42.3%

Okay, apparently they decided they needed a "light" version of their already rancid beer. I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but this could possible be the worst tasting piss water in existence. I mean, thats what I thought it was. Then someone told me that I was drinking beer and I was like "HOLY SHIT?"

Seriously though, this is just as bad as Busch Light and Corona Light. They all reek of fermenting cereal grains and rat shit, and its actually a wonder why they taste like water and not sewage.

4.5/5  rDev +147.3%

This, along with keystone light are my go to beers. Being unemployed at the moment, I have resigned myself to drinking beer.. being that I start at about 10 am, and pace myself through the day, natural light is a GREAT beer to do it with. I can slowly drink through the day, and not get drunk, but enjoy the great taste of the beer itself. I don't buy it that often, because my store stocks keystone and natty light both in 30 pk form for $11.99 each, and given my choice I'd rather buy keystone, but have no problems buying natty when keystone is not available. IMHO, this is a great light beer, and like one other review said, if you have to go light, why not do it on the cheap??

2.38/5  rDev +30.8%

Oh Natty Light...

No sense in describing this beer, as most everyone on here has had it. All that can be said about this beer is...College parties

You can easily drink this beer all night and not feel the true effects until the next morning.

For it's price it is a decent beer, but spend about $3 more and you can make a much better purchase.

2.38/5  rDev +30.8%

The head on this beer is large, but thin. The beer looks like yellow water or pee (being honest). Well carbonated, maybe too much. The smell is a yeasty cereal grain smell. The taste is like lemon water. I really cant taste malt or hops. This beer is a product of commercialism and capitalism changing the palate of beer drinkers, and the history of brewing. That being said I have drank the hell out of natural light in college and still can. This is not a good beer, but you have to give Anheuser/Busch credit for brewing a beer that's over 4% that taste like water, and 10 dollars a case, that has to give them a five on drink ability. Drinking waters a 5 for on drink ability.

1.68/5  rDev -7.7%

A- Very light gold, a lot of carbonation. One finger head that disappears pretty fast.

S- A lot of corn and rice. Not a huge surprise.

T- Not much, there's some corn in there, but it's what you expect from a light adjunct lager.

M- Light bodied and very drinkable. Easy to get blasted on this stuff, no question.

O- I don't hate it, but it's pretty typical for the style. Probably wouldn't ever go out and buy it unless I was trying to get hammered. Actually, Genny Ice might be a better solution there.

1.52/5  rDev -16.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It tastes like marginally carbonated city tap water with vague undertones of alcohol.

It is a yellowish, translucent color.

It pours mostly headless, and what's there quickly flatlines.

It smells like cheap beer. Unsurprisingly.

My fraternity refused to buy it for parties. It's that bad.

1.43/5  rDev -21.4%

Absolutely awful! Very light appearance and a skunky smell. This beer tastes very watered down and just won't go down for me. I have never been able to drink more then 2 and I don't think I ever will be able to. Out of all the low end beers, this one takes the taco.

1.35/5  rDev -25.8%

So since I am in college, this is my standard beer at 9.99 a 24 pack. I've finally got the courage to review it. Usually I start out with some good beers and go to this, but I always tell myself that I'm drinking water. Appearence is a light straw color and it smells like dirt and cooked rice. There is a huge bubbly head at first that dissapates rapidly. It tastes like water...no hops or malt, just plain gross. The mouthfeel is very thin. I rank this a 2.5 in drinkability because it is comparable to water and makes a GREAT session beer if you don't have much cash. Overall this is a nasty beer...I can't wait til' I get a good paying job...

1.06/5  rDev -41.8%

Yeah I think newcastleme said it for me. This beer has one purpose, to bring to an AA meeting and throw it in middle of the circle and see who wins. No don't do that, but that is all this beer is worth. I had this beer once for beer pong and when it started to get about room temperature; I almost threw up.

2.5/5  rDev +37.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I am going to give this beer a generous 2.5 across the board for the simple fact that it is what fueled my freshman year of college. It has very little taste at all and it is very cheap as well. My friends and I buy case after countless case of this stuff to satisfy are drinking needs when we are broke. I buy the good stuff when I can, but it is nice to know there is always a twelve of natty waiting for me.

4.64/5  rDev +154.9%

When you originate from a country where most beer costs $35 a case (Australia), you can appreciate a drink that can (attempt to) hit the spot (somewhat) and leaves you with extra bucks in your pocket. Natural Light accepts the challenge. When drinking crap beers, I have to believe that no taste at all is better than a shit taste? This brew delivers! When you employ the one in, one out, rotation from the freezer, it can't be beat! I have drunk many of your shitter brands and declare this one to be the gold medal winner at the Special Olympics of beer! True enough, it's competitors harbor some serious disabilities, but "Natty" shines through.
Only 95 calories, for the healthy minded. (I heard Micheal Jordan endorses this beer!) All that said, my hats off to you Natty Light! Despite the fact you had horrible parents (Anheuser/Busch), you rose above your upbringing and delivered dirt cheap, drinkable beer to those who needed it most...all of us!
P.S. Any of you who label it a "Just getting Wasted" beer, should be ashamed of yourselves at 4.2%...unless of course you're venturing into 15+ can territory?!
Take it easy boys and girls!

1.52/5  rDev -16.5%

Easily on my list of worst "beers" ever tried during my college years and that's being kind. If not for college though I may not have tried many things, and I suppose you need to drink through a keg of this to know how good real beer is.

So to the review: is this really a beer? Looks like a water with one tip of a tea bag in it. Smell gets a 1.5 only because it hardly has a smell. The taste of butt, if I knew what that tasted like. The mouthfeel and drinkability are it's highest values because if your overall goal is to get wasted on a summer afternoon in college, then you've arrived at your beer for cheap entertainment.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch