Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros

2.73/5  rDev +63.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

For a beer nicknamed FRATTY Light, this is a surprisingly decent light beer. Its low rating has less to do with a long list of negatives and more to do with a lack of positives.

A - The head is nearly non-existant even with the best pour but it does have a clean, clear yellowish look to it.

S - Its smell is faint, but definitely reminiscent of the beer aroma generated from a couple cases being drank at a tailgate.

M - It retains a lot of its carbonation throughout the whole beer and is refreshingly crisp. It lacks the smooth feel that other beers have.

T - It is fairly bland, but carries some nutiness and just a hint of its barley components with almost no trace of the hops. What it lacks in robust flavor it makes up for with good drinkability.

O - Lets face it...if youre gonna have a few before a game or going out a full-bodied chocolate blueberry lager is going to be too much. While this isnt an amazing beer, it succeeds at its own goal = good, cheap beer

4.08/5  rDev +144.3%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

2.17/5  rDev +29.9%

Well, these were freebated. $7 for the beer and $8 back from the snacks I bought which I would have bought anyway. It's pretty bad, though. I almost never drink this style and never this beer (it's for young folks).

I didn't wash my glass out from the good stuff before this, and thus it still looks and smells a bit from much more robust styles. On it's own, though, there is very little going on. A constant stream of bubbles is good, but the aroma isn't very good.

It's thin and way too light for me. There are others from this stylewith more and better character.

Now, should I throw them out? Of course not. That would be alcohol abuse!

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch