Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
IPAescotch

3.43/5  rDev +104.2%

A: nothing great here, pale yellow, decent carbonation.

S: a little bitter and plain, corny

T: honestly it surprised me that this adjunct lager could even moderately hold up to the title of pilsner

M: Thin and carbonated, like a diet soda.

D: hell, its college beer, its impossible to imagine anything easier to pound down

09-19-2010 07:31:01 | More by IPAescotch
Brenden

1.95/5  rDev +16.1%

I had a friend hand me one of these at a cookout last night and was ready to hold back the gagging...turns out this stuff was just like Busch light with a little more sweetness and more cooked corn husk. Review is my old can review otherwise.

Well, it still looks like someone who's really, really well-hydrated peed in a glass. There's a thin film of foam that stays around.
Definitely dirt on the nose...like hemp or potting soil. Overcooked vegetable adds to the assault and very, very light adjuncts are detectable.
Some kind of grains are there, along with some metal and the cooked vegetable that's in the nose. Are there hops and malt? I don't know. There is some sort of artificial-seeming sweetness, though.
Mouthfeel is almost negligible. It's kind of like seltzer water. But, hey, it's crisp. And I guess it's smooth. Somewhat more drinkable than I remember.
It is what it is, but it's not as nasty as I remembered.

09-08-2010 19:08:41 | More by Brenden
TGINaturday

Wisconsin

3.85/5  rDev +129.2%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

08-29-2010 21:57:47 | More by TGINaturday
Hovellord

3.05/5  rDev +81.5%

Had this straight from the bottle (no sense pretending it's worth a pour). Maybe it's because I had been smoking, but I really didn't mind the Natty Light (first time I had any since college). It does have a slightly metallic aftertaste that can be cloying, but then again, the cost must be factored in. $6.99 a twelve? It'll go fine with pizza or what not, and whom do you really need to impress?

08-29-2010 21:04:33 | More by Hovellord
Treyliff

1.65/5  rDev -1.8%

This is a very thin beer with very little head. I smells like the aluminum can it came from. It also tastes of aluminum and metal; too much carbination. I have to drink these babies fast when it's the only options at a party. Not recomended unless you're intoxicated and playing beer pong. However, I guess it serves it's purpose.

08-25-2010 03:15:29 | More by Treyliff
thagr81us

South Carolina

1.45/5  rDev -13.7%

Served from tap into a shaker. Poured golden yellow (don't they all?) with a one finger white head that subsided to minimal almost instantly. There was no lacing anywhere to be found on this one. The aroma was comprised of malt and skunk (literally). The flavor was of malt, rye, and wheat. It was light on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this was WAY too bland on all levels. Used to be one of my staples in college, for this, I apologize to myself and promise never do that again.

08-17-2010 19:05:18 | More by thagr81us
mikesgroove

South Carolina

2.05/5  rDev +22%

This was just wrong of me, but again they offered and I was thirsty. Poured from a can into a cup, as I could just not drink it straight from the can, This one was consumed on 08/09/10.

I thought the Busch poured light, but wow, this was a whole new level. Nearly clear with a huge fizzy head that popped up for a brief moment before settling back down in its chair. Light aroma of hay? Maybe? Hard to tell as it really just did not come across well at all. Light in every sense of the word with an almost carbonated water like consistency and little to no flavor on the finish. The only thing I could really pull from this was a light corn or bready quality

Again I really don't go for these, but I was at the beach and since we now have a nice bottom of the barrel list its giving me something else to shoot for.

08-12-2010 00:13:36 | More by mikesgroove
jsprain1

1.9/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

A- Appearance is pale golden. Very little head on this one.
S- Husk, corn, faint hops.
T- Standard macro flavors. Corn, water, some DMS.
M- A little more substantial on tap, but still, it is too thin.
D- Made to be consumed by the litre. not a good beer by any means. Economy beer to the extreme.

08-10-2010 06:37:08 | More by jsprain1
DmanGTR

Review from notes

This is downright one of the worst tasting beers I've ever had in my life. Nearly as bad as Blue Moon (see review for that one). I can drink a BMC beer, no problem. But Natty Light has an off taste of strong metallicness and a bit of sour vegetable or something weird in the finish. Bland to start, bad to finish. I'm glad I didn't attend many college parties.

08-10-2010 05:33:05 | More by DmanGTR
beers2danno

1.48/5  rDev -11.9%

Everytime I visit my brother, his mini fridge on the back porch is fully stocked with this in 16ozers. He neatly faces them so all the label are lined up nice and neat(his house and porch on the other hand are trashed, usually!) Yes he takes pride in his Redneck lifestyle and it shows in the things that are important to him.
With that said, her is my rating:
A...a very diluted urine yellow with tiny head
S...soapy water
T...sweet, soapy water
M...light bubbly
D...OK, when sitting on my bro's back porch or fishing in his john boat but only if the Natties are soaking in an ice bath.

07-29-2010 00:11:46 | More by beers2danno
jbriggs7036

Maryland

4.3/5  rDev +156%

Poured from a can into a Solo cup 3/4 filled.

Head-Fizzy and somewhat mutinous head that quickly disappeared like bobcat into its den. Sorry for you if you are unlucky enough to have to taste the head.

Color- A Beautiful golden yellow resembling that of wild goat urine. Maybe even some honeysuckle color. Fortunatley it does not stain a white shirt, whcih is exactly where it ended up later.

Taste- Once I removed the ping pong ball that was slammed into the solo by my opponet I quickly chugged it, relishing in only the last swallow. Light and watery, bits of dust and chair greese, along with oil from my opponets hands laced the solo as it emptied into my mouth and shirt. Bitter defeat filled my mouth as a drank the last millimeters

Afershock- This is not a beer to rate...this is a beer to chug in a game of flip-cup, beer-pong or Nemo. The taste can either be of victory or defeat. nevertheless....I love this beer, it broke my delicate beer cherry and introduced me to beer by starting off slow. taste= could be better---memories=few left

07-28-2010 18:40:15 | More by jbriggs7036
92jAKe47FS

Louisiana

1.05/5  rDev -37.5%

Yeah I think newcastleme said it for me. This beer has one purpose, to bring to an AA meeting and throw it in middle of the circle and see who wins. No don't do that, but that is all this beer is worth. I had this beer once for beer pong and when it started to get about room temperature; I almost threw up.

07-21-2010 18:28:29 | More by 92jAKe47FS
newcastleme

1.23/5  rDev -26.8%

I think we can all agree that this beer only has one purpose... Getting hammered. I really think it's only good use is for beer pong or drinking games. Again, this is only a good choice if you're looking to drink beer in large quantities. Do not food pair this beer.

07-20-2010 03:30:05 | More by newcastleme
jporf911

1.45/5  rDev -13.7%

Squirted from a keg into a blue SOLO cup.

Apperance- Almost entirely clear with a slightly pale-yellowish hue. It initially has a good, if a bit thin, head that quickly disappears. Hardly any lacing.

Smell- It has a smell, at least. That smell is primarily composed of weak corn, strong adjuncts, and metal.

Taste- Weak corn, strong adjuncts, and metal.

Mouthfeel- Thin, goes down easy if you can ignore the taste (or lack thereof).

Drinkability- See below.

This is the kind of beer that isn't even worthy of the name. It's so light that it's practically clear in color, tasteless in flavor, and limp in body. The only plus is its drinkability because it's as easy as drinking fizzy tap water, but even then, only broke-ass college kids with no taste, no style, and even less money would drink more than one of these; unfortunately, "Natty Light" is a popular choice of beer for keg parties and college bar runs. If you think this is beer, do us both a favor and close the browser window right now. If I could sum up this review in four short words, it would "YUCK BAD DUMP SINK".

07-11-2010 20:30:25 | More by jporf911
yuenglingfan101

Indiana

again not worth rating this beer. Never could find this beer in a bottle. Had this beer when I was in college.The worst beer I ever had for a long time until I tried hieneken and India pale ale. This is absolute piss water if there were such a thing. This the leftovers of the leftovers of the leftovers. Great in playing college beer games, but colors isn't good, taste is not existant as well as drinkabilty

07-08-2010 16:50:52 | More by yuenglingfan101
gratedjuice

Maryland

1.3/5  rDev -22.6%

I will review this much the same way I reviewed Bud Light in the sense that i will not waste time with a proper rating. This is a poor college student beer. Of all the poor college student beer's it is the poorest. When you have ten bucks left in your bank account and just failed a test, this is your beer. When you are going to a party and you are already hammered, this is your beer. Under any other circumstances avoid it.

07-04-2010 03:03:59 | More by gratedjuice
legatovibrato24

1.3/5  rDev -22.6%

I feel I must review this atrocity, as it was my introduction to beer. It's amazing I made it to the point I'm at today after having such a poor introduction, luckily at the time the taste of the beer had little bearing on my consumption of it.

Such a light yellow color and smell of chemicals and metal. Thin fizzy head that dissipates nearly as quickly as a carbonated soda. Such a poor flavor, especially anywhere above 39 degrees Fahrenheit.

The only use I found for this corny, chemical beer was for a cheap and easy buzz, something one tends to grow out of as time goes by.

07-03-2010 03:04:25 | More by legatovibrato24
PintOHops

2.13/5  rDev +26.8%

Glass - Pint

A - Your average clear yellow, highly carbonated brew. It produced a fizzy 1-2 finger head that dissipated a little over a few seconds. It left a spot here & there & held a nice thin ring atop the beer for most of consumption, no lacing though.

S - Semi bright grape with a metallic edge to it, muted corn & clean grain or rice. About it, what I like is the absence of an overpowering fruity apple aroma, ugh!

T - A metallic edge upfront with soft grape & apple that follows. Unfolds into an almost absent/watered down grain and finishes with a very pronounced aluminum metal flavor that dominates. Grain is so absent it comes off as a mineral!

M - Moderately to highly crisp, lite bodied, thin.

D - Sure it's slam-able but at a cost of an overall clean aluminum flavor & smell that's a big turnoff. Ive had better Adjunct Lagers with out that off putting metallic edge, I'm not buying this again. Not recommended.

07-02-2010 21:31:21 | More by PintOHops
JosiahS

2.1/5  rDev +25%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Poured from a can to a standard pint glass. Typical straw color, fizzy white head and ample carbonation bubbles rising to the top. Head seems to be sticking around and is even leaving splashy lacing! I'm stunned, really.

Smell is of grain and light metal, not so much of the tart apple though. Toasted corn. I'm struggling to discern harsh grain from a possible faint hop aroma.

Taste is pretty off-putting. It has a harsh metal twang that makes me cringe to think what the regular or worse, natty ice has to offer. Grain, as expected. Finishes clean and watery.

Mouthfeel is watery but a little fuller then most other comparable light adjuct lagers.

Though the appearance was more than i expected, this is still a beer that i would stay away from, if you want a light adjunct lager, stick to keystone or bud light.

07-02-2010 21:28:56 | More by JosiahS
jod24

3.4/5  rDev +102.4%

My first beer review.

I like to try every beer i can snag. Natural Light is the kind of beer that goes good one any occasion.

This beer this decent and very drinkable. It goes down good. It's cheap to buy and worth it. first time i drank this, month ago, was on a hot summer day playing bean bags.

The appearance is a simple yellowish color. Its very light and has little taste to it. Drinkable is great because i can drink this all day and dont get sick of it.

07-01-2010 17:33:12 | More by jod24
Mbarnes304

2.42/5  rDev +44%

The head on this beer is large, but thin. The beer looks like yellow water or pee (being honest). Well carbonated, maybe too much. The smell is a yeasty cereal grain smell. The taste is like lemon water. I really cant taste malt or hops. This beer is a product of commercialism and capitalism changing the palate of beer drinkers, and the history of brewing. That being said I have drank the hell out of natural light in college and still can. This is not a good beer, but you have to give Anheuser/Busch credit for brewing a beer that's over 4% that taste like water, and 10 dollars a case, that has to give them a five on drink ability. Drinking waters a 5 for on drink ability.

06-28-2010 08:42:03 | More by Mbarnes304
sluggermatt15

1.7/5  rDev +1.2%

Well this is your typical college party beer. Not really anything to write home about. I thought I would review it just for kicks.

A- Pours a straw yellow, very foamy without lacing. Looks identical to the color of urine. Not impressive one bit, awful.

S- Grainy, watery, a little hoppy. Nothing really impressive. Smells like a cheap beer lacking alcohol content.

T- Similar to how it smells - grainy, RATHER watery, and there is bitterness to it. You can sort of taste a small amount of hoppiness, but it is drown out by the wateryness of this beer.

M- Way too much carbonation for me. Doesn't hold well for a long time, forcing one to gulp it down.

D- This beer is pretty drinkable. I think one time at a party I had 6 cups of this in a couple hours and didn't feel anything. This is definitely a pound-it-down beer, meaning one can drink many and still drink more. This category is where the beer shines, if you want to call it that.

Overall, a cheap light beer. I'm not into light beer, but if this is all they have, then it's better than nothing. Though, I would probably take a glass of water over it any day of the week. I wouldn't ever drink this again.

06-26-2010 17:06:32 | More by sluggermatt15
yemenmocha

Arizona

1.48/5  rDev -11.9%

24 oz. can from local gas station. Pours a near-clear color, almost as if it has a few drops of urine added for a slight yellow shade. Nose is really non-existent, not even something foul such as cooked vegetables is noted. Nothing. Really, there's no nose. On the palate this comes across like a soda-water, but with smaller bubbles. Barely any malt flavor whatsoever - just... just water. Drinkable, but only in the sense that water is drinkable. But this is like drinking water with something wrong with it. Bleh.

06-25-2010 02:46:03 | More by yemenmocha
bundy462

2.1/5  rDev +25%

A: Very pale yellow, thin white head.

S: Cereal grains, strange sweetness.

T: Cereal grains again, just like the smell. That artificial sweetness is also there in the taste.

M: Thin bodied and medium carbonation.

O: Not too high, it's taste kills the drinkability.

06-21-2010 15:40:30 | More by bundy462
Lolli1315

1.18/5  rDev -29.8%

A- A light yellow with a very small amount of head. No retention and very little lacing. Clear color as well.

S- Cooked grains is about all that is coming from this one, strick adjuncts available.

T- Cooked cereal grains and corn are the most available in this beer. A bizarre sweetness jumps up for a small amount of time but seems very artificial. Aftertaste is almost nothing except for the corn taste.

M- Incredibly thin to the point of non enjoyment.

D- The only reason this doesn't rate as a 1 is because its so far from the taste of beer that one can put down a can. No way you would reach for another one of these. Surprise, surprise.

06-16-2010 07:22:28 | More by Lolli1315