Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
1.73/5  rDev +3.6%

Hey Dave, why don't you chuck me one of those Natty's so these vultures don't steal my seat! Awesome commercial. If you've lived in America, been broke, and wanted to get hammered, you've probably drank extraordinary amounts of this brew before!

Appearance - Pours a clear, clean straw color with no head and no lacing. Even with an aggressive pour head is basically non-existent.

Smell - Not much. Maybe a little bit of grain mixed with some metallic notes

Taste - About the same as the nose, which is why this beer is perfect for bonging. It really doen't taste like anything, and the colder it gets, the less taste it has.

Mouthfeel - At least it finished nice and crisp!

Overall - It is what it is. For a broke frat boy looking to get loaded on a Wednesday night, this beer is perfect. Even for tailgating, barbequing, boating, or other outdoor summer activities, this hits the spot because yuo can drink a lot and it isn't too heavy. Natty!

2.66/5  rDev +59.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

For a beer nicknamed FRATTY Light, this is a surprisingly decent light beer. Its low rating has less to do with a long list of negatives and more to do with a lack of positives.

A - The head is nearly non-existant even with the best pour but it does have a clean, clear yellowish look to it.

S - Its smell is faint, but definitely reminiscent of the beer aroma generated from a couple cases being drank at a tailgate.

M - It retains a lot of its carbonation throughout the whole beer and is refreshingly crisp. It lacks the smooth feel that other beers have.

T - It is fairly bland, but carries some nutiness and just a hint of its barley components with almost no trace of the hops. What it lacks in robust flavor it makes up for with good drinkability.

O - Lets face it...if youre gonna have a few before a game or going out a full-bodied chocolate blueberry lager is going to be too much. While this isnt an amazing beer, it succeeds at its own goal = good, cheap beer

4.05/5  rDev +142.5%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch