Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
1.2/5  rDev -28.1%

A-the beer has no head, no lacing, piss color, carbonation bubbles

S-smells like metal

T-extremely watery, somewhat easy to drink, carbonated

M-somewhat carbonated, feels like water

This beer is horrible. Just as bad as Bud Light. Very easy to take considering it's like water, but with an awful taste.

1.2/5  rDev -28.1%

A real cheap college freshman standby. I've unfortunately had more than a few of these, but now I will actually analytically criticize this piece.

A - Looks somewhat like carbonated urine. It is not visually appealing at all. It looks somewhat like a beer right when poured, but the head dissipates quickly, leaving a sorry excuse for beer.

S - Smells faintly like malted corn, and husky, lousy aroma. Not too special in this department.

T - What taste? I am surprised this is allowed to be called beer as it is essentially carbonated H2O.

M - Mouthfeel of coca-cola... real special.

D - Well, it is also possible to drink your own urine. I guess if I had the choice, I would choose natty light.

Overall, a cheap light beer with little flavor and one designed for mass consumption.

1.8/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

What a horrendous beer. It pours the color of dehydrated urine. Smells like water mixed with corn, and tastes like it too. Kind of tastes like Bud light and Perrier mixed together. Highly carbonated, the only upside to this beer is it is cheaper than dirt and goes down easily, and sits lightly in the stomach. If I want to get my crap beer fix, I guess I'd rather take Bud Select over this mess, but only by a hair.

AWFUL. This 'beer' just smells from moldly boiled rice and distilled alcohol. Pale yellowish color, no head no lacing. Makes me wonder why I am drinking this, and who would buy this. The flavor is mostly of the bitter moldy rice. AVOID!!! unless your aying beer pong

1.9/5  rDev +13.8%

Poured from the can with an ultra pale straw yellow color, and a brief appearance is made by a foamy white head. The aroma is musty like a shower-floor in a room of an aging mid-priced national hotel chain. The flavor is a little better, with a predominately light sweet corn flavor giving way to a slightly metallic finish. Overall, although "mediocre" is certainly an accurate descriptor, this beer isn't nearly as bad as its reputation would suggest.

1.02/5  rDev -38.9%

Apparently the drink of choice at college parties in Northwestern Ohio. I've had the displeasure of partaking.

Pours the lightest of straw colors with absolutely no head. Smells of straight grain husk. Tastes not much better, as it adds in a bit of cardboard. Feel is way, way too carbonated, although it does the service of carrying away many of the flavors. Drinks quickly, only because I want it out of my mouth.

a- diluted urine, tiny head that's more disappointing than a dane cook standup special
s- diluted malt liquor
t- diluted malt liquor
m- carbonated water
d- the only reason for purchasing this is that it goes down like .. idk .. carbonated water and is ideal for getting hammered with a less intense hangover than you'd expect from malt liquor

2.03/5  rDev +21.6%

Although this is one of the most widely sold and drank beers in America it is quite awful. An extremely light and watered down lager with a high level of carbonation and very little actual beer flavor. The only use this beer actually has is to get college kids drunk.

2.42/5  rDev +44.9%

I'm not sure if this beer even deserves a review but since it is a staple in my life as a college student, here goes nothing.

Absolutely nothing special about the appearance of Natty Light. It's a pale yellow suggesting it's watered down nature with a good finger width white head.

Sniff all you want, but not much with arrive in the nostrils, a little bit of hops but nothing to get excited about.

As far as taste is concerned, you get what you pay for, and at $13 a 30 pack, you're not getting much in the taste realm. However, this beer is perfect for a college house party where a taste is outweighed by sheer volume desired.

When you swig this beer, theres a decent amount of carbonation which does tingle the pallet a little and can occassionally interfere with overall ability to drink it.

I gave this beer a 3 for drinkability simply because it's quite easy to end up drinking a great amount of this beer, however I woud not touch this stuff outside the college scene, and even at college, it's only a party and game beer.

3.43/5  rDev +105.4%

A: nothing great here, pale yellow, decent carbonation.

S: a little bitter and plain, corny

T: honestly it surprised me that this adjunct lager could even moderately hold up to the title of pilsner

M: Thin and carbonated, like a diet soda.

D: hell, its college beer, its impossible to imagine anything easier to pound down

1.95/5  rDev +16.8%

I had a friend hand me one of these at a cookout last night and was ready to hold back the gagging...turns out this stuff was just like Busch light with a little more sweetness and more cooked corn husk. Review is my old can review otherwise.

Well, it still looks like someone who's really, really well-hydrated peed in a glass. There's a thin film of foam that stays around.
Definitely dirt on the nose...like hemp or potting soil. Overcooked vegetable adds to the assault and very, very light adjuncts are detectable.
Some kind of grains are there, along with some metal and the cooked vegetable that's in the nose. Are there hops and malt? I don't know. There is some sort of artificial-seeming sweetness, though.
Mouthfeel is almost negligible. It's kind of like seltzer water. But, hey, it's crisp. And I guess it's smooth. Somewhat more drinkable than I remember.
It is what it is, but it's not as nasty as I remembered.

3.85/5  rDev +130.5%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

3.05/5  rDev +82.6%

Had this straight from the bottle (no sense pretending it's worth a pour). Maybe it's because I had been smoking, but I really didn't mind the Natty Light (first time I had any since college). It does have a slightly metallic aftertaste that can be cloying, but then again, the cost must be factored in. $6.99 a twelve? It'll go fine with pizza or what not, and whom do you really need to impress?

1.65/5  rDev -1.2%

This is a very thin beer with very little head. I smells like the aluminum can it came from. It also tastes of aluminum and metal; too much carbination. I have to drink these babies fast when it's the only options at a party. Not recomended unless you're intoxicated and playing beer pong. However, I guess it serves it's purpose.

1.45/5  rDev -13.2%

Served from tap into a shaker. Poured golden yellow (don't they all?) with a one finger white head that subsided to minimal almost instantly. There was no lacing anywhere to be found on this one. The aroma was comprised of malt and skunk (literally). The flavor was of malt, rye, and wheat. It was light on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this was WAY too bland on all levels. Used to be one of my staples in college, for this, I apologize to myself and promise never do that again.

2.05/5  rDev +22.8%

This was just wrong of me, but again they offered and I was thirsty. Poured from a can into a cup, as I could just not drink it straight from the can, This one was consumed on 08/09/10.

I thought the Busch poured light, but wow, this was a whole new level. Nearly clear with a huge fizzy head that popped up for a brief moment before settling back down in its chair. Light aroma of hay? Maybe? Hard to tell as it really just did not come across well at all. Light in every sense of the word with an almost carbonated water like consistency and little to no flavor on the finish. The only thing I could really pull from this was a light corn or bready quality

Again I really don't go for these, but I was at the beach and since we now have a nice bottom of the barrel list its giving me something else to shoot for.

1.9/5  rDev +13.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

A- Appearance is pale golden. Very little head on this one.
S- Husk, corn, faint hops.
T- Standard macro flavors. Corn, water, some DMS.
M- A little more substantial on tap, but still, it is too thin.
D- Made to be consumed by the litre. not a good beer by any means. Economy beer to the extreme.

Review from notes

This is downright one of the worst tasting beers I've ever had in my life. Nearly as bad as Blue Moon (see review for that one). I can drink a BMC beer, no problem. But Natty Light has an off taste of strong metallicness and a bit of sour vegetable or something weird in the finish. Bland to start, bad to finish. I'm glad I didn't attend many college parties.

1.48/5  rDev -11.4%

Everytime I visit my brother, his mini fridge on the back porch is fully stocked with this in 16ozers. He neatly faces them so all the label are lined up nice and neat(his house and porch on the other hand are trashed, usually!) Yes he takes pride in his Redneck lifestyle and it shows in the things that are important to him.
With that said, her is my rating:
A...a very diluted urine yellow with tiny head
S...soapy water
T...sweet, soapy water
M...light bubbly
D...OK, when sitting on my bro's back porch or fishing in his john boat but only if the Natties are soaking in an ice bath.

4.3/5  rDev +157.5%

Poured from a can into a Solo cup 3/4 filled.

Head-Fizzy and somewhat mutinous head that quickly disappeared like bobcat into its den. Sorry for you if you are unlucky enough to have to taste the head.

Color- A Beautiful golden yellow resembling that of wild goat urine. Maybe even some honeysuckle color. Fortunatley it does not stain a white shirt, whcih is exactly where it ended up later.

Taste- Once I removed the ping pong ball that was slammed into the solo by my opponet I quickly chugged it, relishing in only the last swallow. Light and watery, bits of dust and chair greese, along with oil from my opponets hands laced the solo as it emptied into my mouth and shirt. Bitter defeat filled my mouth as a drank the last millimeters

Afershock- This is not a beer to rate...this is a beer to chug in a game of flip-cup, beer-pong or Nemo. The taste can either be of victory or defeat. nevertheless....I love this beer, it broke my delicate beer cherry and introduced me to beer by starting off slow. taste= could be better---memories=few left

1.05/5  rDev -37.1%

Yeah I think newcastleme said it for me. This beer has one purpose, to bring to an AA meeting and throw it in middle of the circle and see who wins. No don't do that, but that is all this beer is worth. I had this beer once for beer pong and when it started to get about room temperature; I almost threw up.

1.23/5  rDev -26.3%

I think we can all agree that this beer only has one purpose... Getting hammered. I really think it's only good use is for beer pong or drinking games. Again, this is only a good choice if you're looking to drink beer in large quantities. Do not food pair this beer.

1.45/5  rDev -13.2%

Squirted from a keg into a blue SOLO cup.

Apperance- Almost entirely clear with a slightly pale-yellowish hue. It initially has a good, if a bit thin, head that quickly disappears. Hardly any lacing.

Smell- It has a smell, at least. That smell is primarily composed of weak corn, strong adjuncts, and metal.

Taste- Weak corn, strong adjuncts, and metal.

Mouthfeel- Thin, goes down easy if you can ignore the taste (or lack thereof).

Drinkability- See below.

This is the kind of beer that isn't even worthy of the name. It's so light that it's practically clear in color, tasteless in flavor, and limp in body. The only plus is its drinkability because it's as easy as drinking fizzy tap water, but even then, only broke-ass college kids with no taste, no style, and even less money would drink more than one of these; unfortunately, "Natty Light" is a popular choice of beer for keg parties and college bar runs. If you think this is beer, do us both a favor and close the browser window right now. If I could sum up this review in four short words, it would "YUCK BAD DUMP SINK".

again not worth rating this beer. Never could find this beer in a bottle. Had this beer when I was in college.The worst beer I ever had for a long time until I tried hieneken and India pale ale. This is absolute piss water if there were such a thing. This the leftovers of the leftovers of the leftovers. Great in playing college beer games, but colors isn't good, taste is not existant as well as drinkabilty

1.3/5  rDev -22.2%

I will review this much the same way I reviewed Bud Light in the sense that i will not waste time with a proper rating. This is a poor college student beer. Of all the poor college student beer's it is the poorest. When you have ten bucks left in your bank account and just failed a test, this is your beer. When you are going to a party and you are already hammered, this is your beer. Under any other circumstances avoid it.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch