Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Slatetank

1.38/5  rDev -17.9%

A - Poured ice cold into a Bud light nonic. Ivory white dishsoap head with transparent straw colored liquid. Leaves generous smatterings of lace when poured vigorously

S - Odors of fermented white rice, and light bitter odors - not sure if they are hops

M - watery, mildly carbonated, gentle oily texture, somewhat salty.

T - Minimal 'beer' flavor-a generous rice like flavor + metallic off taste. Bitter at times, but not from hops. A light taste that practically vanished as soon as the liquid passed through my mouth.

D - A sad attempt to pass off yellow liquid with rice syrup as a beer.. Adjuncts overtake all other flavors and no real offensive or actual taste is really detected at all.

05-16-2007 03:20:55 | More by Slatetank
Clockwork420

1.75/5  rDev +4.2%

Correct me if im wrong, is this the bottom of the barrel bud light?
The leftovers from budlight I mean?

Cheap is the key word for this one. At 11 bucks a case, cant go wrong.

I rated this one better than Budweiser, cause of the simple fact its cheaper and its the same quality you expect from A&B.

Color - Really does looks like pee?

Smell - Reminds me of pee also?

Taste - Not so strong watered down bud light. Easy on the palate.

Mouth - Smooth and easily drank. No gagging feeling after taking your first drink. Just a burp maybe.

Drinkability - Easy. No mind blowing aftertaste, not bitter.

I used to dislike this stuff, now that Im getting older its not anywhere near as bad as the other A&B products.

Its cheap, doesnt taste terrible. Easy.
Thats all I can say really.

05-03-2007 03:36:49 | More by Clockwork420
Bowdoinbeerboy

Maine

2.25/5  rDev +33.9%

Appearance- Looks somthing like urine, yellowish with few bubbles.

Smell- Smells of stale beer, and it was just poured.

Taste- Bitter and watery, little to no aftertaste except of lingering bitterness.

Mouthfeel- Feels like water in the mouth, no hint of thickness.

Drinkability- Not the worst of the light beers and cost effectiness is clutch. Overal rather drinkable en mase.

04-30-2007 03:16:24 | More by Bowdoinbeerboy
jwff

Alaska

2.6/5  rDev +54.8%

One stream of carbonation sums up this beer's appearance. Foamy head at the start but like most macro lagers this disappears pretty fast. Light light light golden honey color. Smell is mostly grain. Taste is rice and grain with a subtle sweetness that doesn't go overboard like most beers in this style. Mouthfeel has nice bubbles and is just right for the style. This beer is much better than I remember it to be in high school and I could even see this as a go to after something heavy. Easy all around.

04-22-2007 23:39:09 | More by jwff
goochpunch

2.63/5  rDev +56.5%

Looks an odd yellow with hardly any bubbles and no head. Smells faint. Grain and rice. Tastes ricey with a little sweetness and actually, some malt towards the end. Grain as well. Mouthfeel is thin and prickly. I could drink this for a while. Simple.

04-22-2007 23:20:49 | More by goochpunch
cardinal25

1.35/5  rDev -19.6%

Had a can last night at a party, only brew they had. I've had this beer before but never has it tasted so bad. After treating myself with better beers, Sam Adams, Harpoon, etc., this "Natty" was deplorable. I was mad at myself for not brining my own and made a comment to my friend about it...he told me I shouldn't complain because it was free. Truth. I will never buy this beer and only drink it as a last resort to be social.

A: 12 oz can, not worth a pour.

S: None?

T: Not much, seltzer water

M: Seltzer water, extremely carbonated

D: Putting these beers away is not a problem but it is hardly an enjoyable experience.

04-19-2007 14:46:39 | More by cardinal25
PittBeerGirl

1.95/5  rDev +16.1%

come on now. This is a cheap beer intended for mass consumption. Its not meant to be the best beer ever. It is, however, not the worst beer ever either. I will definately take this beer for free from a friend whenever. I have it often. The appearance is a light straw yellow color with no head retention. Smell and taste don't offer much. Mouthfeel is overcarbonated. But is it drinkable and worth the money? yes.

04-18-2007 02:42:50 | More by PittBeerGirl
Beerman420

1.25/5  rDev -25.6%

Here's another non-biased view on yet another of the trailer park classics brew. My last was Natty Ice, it actually halfway decent regarding alcohol content and taste. So I decided to pick this up at CVS for $5 A 12'er. I usually don't buy light beer, but this was a new brand.

Poured yellow clear with 1/4 inch head and no lacing, appeared very watery. Taste was aluminum and water, very boring. No smell, none, except that of aluminum. Mouthfeel was like club soda with a hint of beer. You're going to piss 20 times before you're drunk.

Overall this beer ranks at the bottom 1%. The worst I've had besides Lacrosse Light. I would buy Natty Ice over this anyday, dont waste your time.

04-16-2007 07:42:42 | More by Beerman420
JoeyBeerBelly

2.45/5  rDev +45.8%

What does it mean when you review this beer?
a.) you're in college
b.) you're currently unemployed
c.) you're a cheap son-of-a-bitch
d.) none of the above

My answer is 'd' , none of the above, I swear!

I was painting the ceilings in the bedrooms, 3 of them, today and I told my wife to go get me "light beer, whatever's on sale".

She came back with a cold 12 pack of this beer and said it was on sale for $4.49.

All right, I'll admit there was a time when I would drink cases of this stuff in the summer, sometimes a case or more over the course of a long hot day.

That was 20 years ago... thanks for remembering, Sweetheart!

I'm on number 9 as of this review and I'm actually thinking about asking her to go get me more...

Not!

04-02-2007 21:55:04 | More by JoeyBeerBelly
JoEBoBpr

Missouri

the previews reviews were deead on. When you review this beer you have to take in consideration the fact that the beer is made to satisfy college students budgetts. In turn the beer is pale pale yellow, has aboslutly no aroma to it at all and its very simialr to water in taste. I wouldnt say it taste bad more that it just doesnt tast like anything

02-20-2007 18:29:45 | More by JoEBoBpr
irishman06

1.73/5  rDev +3%

There is really almost no point to reviewing this beer, as it is made for college students strapped for cash that want to get drunk fast. College students usually aren't concerned with taste, but ease of consumption, and this goes down easy. Obviously not for the beer connoisseur, but perfect for its intended purpose. "Natty" is worth a college student spending a few bucks on.

02-08-2007 22:02:16 | More by irishman06
Byeast

1.83/5  rDev +8.9%

Poured a really pale yellow , lots of fizz for a bit , then no head. Smell is really thin , clean metal , faint beery character. The taste is just so damn thin. But it is cold! Thats good right? Anyways , hints at some corny grain and hay stored in metal. Clean taste that comes and goes rapid fire. Im not one to turn down a free beer , so as long as im outside in the sun , and theres nothing else... i'll drink it. Otherwise , barely beer. It was also very light as promised on the can. The main thing is that the bad flavors were less prounced.

01-27-2007 02:49:09 | More by Byeast
Vancer

2.78/5  rDev +65.5%

Ah ha! The party couple left a few of these from the ol’ New Year Eve party – might as well pop one for a New Year Review:

Whoo, good grief, a lite straw pour with almost no heading is not a good start. Cooked veggies in the aroma, and almost no taste what-so-ever. Dry and unimpressive – but crap at $10 for a 30 pack, what the hell would ya expect?

01-02-2007 14:46:38 | More by Vancer
MuenchenerKindl

Germany

2.78/5  rDev +65.5%

Poured from a can to a Dixie cup. The liquid is a straw yellow, lots of carbonation and a white 2 finger head.

The smell is faint malt and a fruity note.

The taste is corn and very light malt.

The mouthfeel is thin and soda water like.

The drinkability is ok, If need be you could survive on this. MK

11-25-2006 05:56:18 | More by MuenchenerKindl
treehugger02010

2.73/5  rDev +62.5%

I got this from my father's refrig, and poured into a pint glass. It poured proably the most clear yellow color I have ever seen with a fair amount of head that had the fastest retention I have ever seen. There was a bit of lace that was not sticky. The smell was kind of spicy and the taste was kind of sweet. Not very good. Don't drink and review.

11-23-2006 22:25:24 | More by treehugger02010
rrg1gb

Missouri

Dated 19 Oct 2006, can poured into a pint glass.

A - Poured a pale straw with a foamy head that disappeared almost immediately. The beer looks alive though, with the large amount of carbonation present.

S - Has a faint aroma of corn and a little hops.

T - The carbonation hit me first (there's a lot), followed by the corn sweetness, and finished with a slight sourness. Ugh.

M - Besides the corn and the carbonation, there's not really anything going on here. No hops, no barley malt, just corn corn corn.

D - Everyone says corn is supposed to bring out the sweetness in a beer, but is that a good thing? Still, it's more drinkable than other light beers, so I guess Natty Light isn't half bad.

11-19-2006 17:57:32 | More by rrg1gb
maddogruss

2.42/5  rDev +44%

Drank this beer all the time in college. Didn't really like it at first, but it grew on me and now I have no problem drinking it. The color of this beer is a decent pale amber color with a decent head. The smell is a potent hoppy smell which strikes the nostrils immediately. Taste's malty at first, but you get used to the taste. Decent mouthfeel, not too watery for a light beer. Usually only drink it when it's the best available.

11-06-2006 04:32:51 | More by maddogruss
Adamthome1

Nebraska

2.6/5  rDev +54.8%

Pours pale, corn water into beer glass. Foams up a bit but in the blink of an eye is gone and no lacing remains. Taste is corny, can't really detect much malt, hop or anything else, but some hop in the middle. The taste in the back and aftertaste are interesting. I was expecting a similiar flavor to bud light but I honestly think the aftertaste is better, or I should say, not as bad as bud light. The corn taste remains in the aftertaste, really just the corn flavor here throughout, pretty boring.

I was expecting a relationship here similiar to coors light and keystone light, those two are very similiar to me, but this is a unique beer from bud light and I do prefer it because it's cheaper and doesn't have a foul aftertaste. If looking for cheap light beer go with Keystone light or Old Milwaukee light, they are easier to drink and unique from other light macro's I'd say.

11-03-2006 15:46:23 | More by Adamthome1
xav33

2.2/5  rDev +31%

Natural Light
Deuce-deuce bottle
Born on 09/06, malticided 10/06
Medium pour in an English pint.

Poured a very light yellow with a frothy white somewhat diminishing head.

Smelt of corn and cardboard.

Taste was upfront strong sweet stale bread followed by a moderate sweet corn taste on a short dry cardboard finish. Mouthfeel was light bodied, watery, and overly fizzy.

Overall, it tastes ok. I'm slightly impressed it showed some meager attempt at taste.

11-03-2006 05:23:03 | More by xav33
thefenst

2.58/5  rDev +53.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Natural Light basically tastes like beer mixed with water.
Fairly nice appearance for such a cheap macro, and easy to drink, even in large quantities, but tastes like water and adjuncts.
Very well carbonated, that's about all there is to it.
Were it not for the slightly malty flavor in the finish, I would have thought I was drinking club soda.

10-31-2006 07:05:16 | More by thefenst
Enola

3.2/5  rDev +90.5%

When reviewed within the style this beer is fairly average. The only thing is, it is a little cheaper. I bought a sixer of this tonight for no other reason than I had a driver and this was the only thing in 16oz cans. I was wanting to get a little more than a standard six and this met that requirment. Pretty typical for the style. A camping session beer for sure.

10-29-2006 05:30:58 | More by Enola
jdoherty

2.17/5  rDev +29.2%

All right, I know it is horrible to review this beer because we all already know (at least, if you went to college) how much Natty Light reminds you of piss water. But, regardless of what people say this is a lager, and you can make it so with a trick I learned when I finally could not stand Natty on its own anymore.

First, pour the Natty into a cup, preferably plastic. Next, take one to two shots of Jagermeister and pour this in. Mix the two, and Voila! You get the taste of a strong lager. Its artificial, its truly cheap, but it works if you are on a budget

This worked for me for 2 years in college. I suggest you try it just once if you are broke, or just for laughs. BeerMail me and let me know if this works for you too

10-21-2006 02:41:56 | More by jdoherty
gotarheels03

Delaware

1.9/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Well I'm a college student, and as far as "cheap beer" goes, Natty Light is by far the best. Its also good beer to have around for women who dont like beer, since it tastes like water. It literally has no beer taste to it at all. Its "beer flavored water" that will get you drunk. Now that im 21, ive started drinking good beers for a change, but when I want something cheap to chug, Natty is #1. Why pay 4-5 bucks more for Bud/Coors etc. if natty light is $11.

10-12-2006 03:51:45 | More by gotarheels03
Jimbo07

Hawaii

When I was a freshman in college I thought this beer was awsome. It tastes like water and it goes down like water.

Now that I truely appreciate beer, the naty light isn't all that good anymore. But I will say it's chugability (is that even a word?) is excellent, not to mention it's cheap. It's the best starter beer to drink when your a noob freshman in college.

09-29-2006 20:13:29 | More by Jimbo07
enolan24

2.13/5  rDev +26.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

This is the perfect beer for drinking games. It's drinkable in high volumes and doesn't have the low ABV of most light beers. The taste is watery but has more bite to it than a Coors Light or Keystone Light. Regardless, I would avoid it unless you're on a very tight budget or looking to relive your college years.

09-19-2006 15:47:54 | More by enolan24