Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
1.53/5  rDev -8.4%

I grew up on this stuff so got used to it, but then after getting the early college years I quickly switch to a minimum of Miller products as my cheap alternative. This stuff is hardly beer in my opinion, but it will get you drunk for a very cheap ticket... Something like $13-$15 w/ Michigan deposit for a 'dirty thirty' (30 pack of next day regrets) So watery and highly carbonated... this is my exact opposite picture of what a beer should be... The only way I drink this now and days is if it's free to me, I'm utterly desperate, or the only other option is Busch Light! (ahh!)

1.53/5  rDev -8.4%

First off, let me say I am reviewing this for the folly of it all. I got it from my fridge and who knows where it came from or how long it had been there.

A. Poured from a 12 oz can into a frosted mug. Palest yellow with some head that sticks around and shows some lace. Not a terrible start.

S. Takes a dive in the smell. Smells like garbage. The kind thats been sitting out for quite some time. I'm in for a bad one.

T. Extremely light. A watered down beer experience. Starts off grainey with a bit of a corn taste, a slight bitter note is barely noticed which must be some sad attempt to hop this beer. Finishes off slightly metallic.

M. Just like water. A bit bubbly like watered down seltzer water.

D. This can be drank and is by a devoted crowd of poor college kids. I am not impressed. In fact, I'm disappointed....in myself...for drinking this.

1.05/5  rDev -37.1%

Forgot how bad this beer was. Last time I had it was about 4 years ago in college. Pours a pale yellow with not much of a head. Looks like water with some pale ale mixed in. Smells like grain and...well nothing. Taste is bland, and nearly non-existent. Aftertaste is pretty awful though. I'm not sure this can be classified as beer, but I suppose it has to be since they check your ID when you buy it...

2.2/5  rDev +31.7%

Appearance: Very pale and very clear; I held the can almost totally upside down as I poured it into a pilsner glass, creating a decent amount of fizzy, bubbly head. It disappeared completely within about 15-20 seconds.

Aroma: Lightly sourish; the faint notes of hops, rice, barley, and alcohol combine to form an inoffensive, nearly impossible to define scent.

Taste: Extremely light and crisp. The hops are pretty much invisible, leaving only a very slight tannin aftertaste on the tongue. The bulk of the flavor is bland and inoffensive, tasting mostly of rice and some non-identifiable grains.

Verdict: This is about as no-frills as a beer can get. It's cheap and goes down like water, which is why it's so popular on college campuses, but there's no beer enjoyment to be found. Still, at $12 bucks for a 30 pack, I guess you could do worse.

1.15/5  rDev -31.1%

Oh man. I just had to put this one in here. Every beer reviewer has to at least once try the king of bad beers, Natural Light.

Take a gander at this one, folks -- you can hardly even tell it has a colour. It resembles a drop of real beer in a can of water. I've heard it has a head, but I haven't seen one without shaking the can first. If anything deserves a 1, this has to be it. I almost want to deny to myself that there can be worse.

It has the cooked-excrement aroma of loose, damp soil evaporating in midday heat after a morning's rain. It's not quite wretch-worthy, but it's unpleasant. You can also smell some of the alcohol, which doesn't bode well.

The flavour, of course, is gold-medal stuff. Nowhere before have I had a beer that tasted like such rot dissolved in seltzer water and spiked with a shot of cheap vodka. But praise be to Him for making the atrociousness of this beer so weak and watery. You can hardly taste it, but what you can taste is so horribly, painfully bad that you're perfectly happy not to. If ignorance is bliss, I am in an enlightened hell with this beer.

Speaking of watery, that's all you'll get for a mouthfeel. Carbonated water. But I'd rather just drink carbonated water myself, and I don't even like carbonated water (curse you, Perrier!). I guess you could drink this if you were already drunk or trying oh-so-desperately to get there, but it's quicker, cheaper, and less painful to just throw back a few shots of rotgut.

Avoid like the plague.

1.98/5  rDev +18.6%

Poured from 12 oz bottle into pint glass.

A - Pale yellow, clear, with about a finger of head that disappears quickly into nothing.

S - Almost non-existant. Weak metallic aroma, with a slight DMS character.

T - Again, not much there. There's a brief sweetness mid palate followed by a metallic finish, but both are weak at best.

M - Carbonation is a little lower and the body is a little heavy for the style.

D - I grabbed one of these from my buddy's fridge the other night specifically for the purpose of rating it...I honestly don't know how he plans to get through the other 11.

2.03/5  rDev +21.6%

Ah natty, unbeatable at $8 a case. Basically water, with a slight amount of flavor from rice and weak grains. Only redeeming factors are lots of carbonation and the price tag. The 8 people that listed this in their "got" section for beer trading should be shot.

1.6/5  rDev -4.2%

Drank from many serving types, cans, bottles, kegs, tap...All the same here

A: Watery yellow pale thats clear and leaves a minor white head

S: Extreme pale 2-row and grassy notes

T: Water. Rice. Pale grains. Not much flavor at all

M,D Mouthfeel is highly carbonated and drinkability is rather high

RJR

1.85/5  rDev +10.8%

As much as Nattie Light appeals to College 101, the only thing this brew has going for it is its honesty:

A - could be mistaken for garden hose water mixed with corn and cheap barley. No head whatsoever and too much carbonation, but who cares if you're on a tight budget?

S - very bland and nonexistant, but for $8.99 an 18 pack, who's complaining?

T - old and past-its-prime lager and the taste has the metallic taste straight from the can, but if you're partying, who cares about taste right?

M - next to nil, this beer is to be shotgunned or flip cupped only. There's no point in savoring this.

D - unless you're being initiated into the biggest fraternity on campus or you feel like you're going to ace that next game of beer pong, there's no point to wasting time and life on cheap beer. Simply put, it's just not worth it.

At least it's cheap and doesn't pretend to be something it isn't. For that reason, Natty puts some respect points in my book, but that's about it.

1.8/5  rDev +7.8%

*Shot-gunned this while at a house party. Shot-gunned three of them actually, but who's counting.

Appearance - Clear pale yellow. Almost no head. Could be mistaken for dirty water.

Smell - Aluminum, dirt, defeat.

Taste - Don't really remember too much. Very chuggable, but aftertaste is a mixture of dog hair and morning breath.

Mouthfeel - Carbonated. Mouth felt fuzzy afterward.

Drinkability - Great for house parties. Well, appropriate for house parties... college house parties. This is a cheap buzz/drunk. Will buy again.

1.13/5  rDev -32.3%

The natty light. Don't expect anything but light from this guy. It shares all the great macro lager characteristics.

Pale yellow/piss color. Weak tan head.

Smell is grainy and yeasty.

Taste is very light. Some malts syrup mixed in with the grains and bitter hops.

Fell is light. Overly carbonated.

I will probably never drink this again. Even if it is free. Sorry Busch, but step it up... Yea right.

1.3/5  rDev -22.2%

The quintessential American college beer... Gross. That's the only word I can use to describe it. This is the beer on which to compare all other bad beers. Devoid of flavor, smells of urine, almost colorless, and half the time I feel like I'm going to vomit this stuff up if I drink it in more than a sip.

Appearance: There's a reason no one really pours this into a glass. It's a very very very pale beer, just not appealing looking at all with almost no head or the alternate of half the glass being carbonation.

Smell: As someone else said, smells like dishwater. More of water that dirty dishes have been soaking in without soap for several days. Just the worst smelling beer I've come across.

Taste: There is none, minus the slight bitter taste that just makes you almost gag.

Mouthfeel: It's smooth going down but there is to real feel in your mouth with it. Devoid of life.

Drinkability: You can drink a lot of these, but I wouldn't advise it. I will say, they get easier going down the more you have. It's only claim.

1.5/5  rDev -10.2%

A favorite of frat boys and rednecks alike. Any resemblance this drink has to beer is purely coincidental.

A = very pale and looks like watered down piss.

S = corn.

T = hardly any taste, which I guess is a good thing. the only taste you do get is a slightly bitter corny sweet taste.

M = very watery with moderate carbonation.

D = this beer is drinkable only because it's easy to chug. however, drink more than 2 of these and you're in for a rough hangover and horrendous beer shits.

1.78/5  rDev +6.6%

I had this on tap on the Texas Treasure Casino Boat in Port Aransas, TX. They ran out of Miller High Life, so I was stuck with this.

It poured, looked, smelled, felt, and tasted like nothing in a glass. I even wondered if the bartender had given me water instead due to my intoxicated state....

but alas it was not water.

Avoid this one unless your on a seriously tight budget, or its all that's available. Even then, I'd find an excuse not to imbibe.

1.27/5  rDev -24%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

There is a reason why all my friend call it "nasty light" What a waste of aluminum. Looks like pee after you drink a gallon of water. Smells like the bottom of a sweet corn tray in a cafeteria. Tastes of water mixed with Perrier and maybe one malt grain. It's good for funneling in college to impress your friends with how much fizzy water you can drink.

1.73/5  rDev +3.6%

since i've had so many different outstanding beers this year, i'm gonn apay homage to the ones that got me started- american macros. there was a time when i drank natty light and said yuck, but for much different reasons than i say yuck now...

A- pale clear yellow with a short lived loose white head.

S- not much smell to speak of, a little pale grains, straw and grass clippings, maybe some apple? alot of water...

T- just about like the smell, but with more pronounced malt. and corn. and other stuff. idk what's going on but i tell ya there was a time when i could drink a 12 pack of this stuff. and there was another time when i was overjoyed that a local bar was selling cans for a dollar.

MF- thin watery, with a syrupy feeling in the back. i don't quite understand it, but it's not good.

D- definitely not as drinkable as it used to be, i dumped out the other half.

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

i purchased an array of light beers yesterday. these were beers that i have not had or have not had in a while. i do not particulary like light beers but am trying them to see what everyone else thinks is good.

naturaly light is, well, light. pale color, quick head that settles, decent carbonation, faint smell, bland and poor taste. it tastes of some grain...i guess.

highly recomend...that you pass!

suckem up and movem out.

giblet

1.3/5  rDev -22.2%

Very clear yellow body with about two fingers of head. Head recedes quickly, leaving no residue.

Smells like dishwater. Eww.

Remember the smell? It tastes about the same but with a metallic flavor.

Thin, wattery, almost nothing in the mouth. Well carbonated at least.

You could pound a lot of these beers quickly, but only if you avoid tasting them.

1.63/5  rDev -2.4%

Another terrible pale lager by Anheuser-Busch. I remember when this first came out and it was advertised as "the beer with a taste for food." Mixing this with food would be vomit-inducing. Typical A-B pale lager with little aroma or taste and what taste it has is chemical/metallic. Overly carbonated so mouthfeel is poor. Made for drunks with little discretionary income.

3.58/5  rDev +114.4%

As a beer connoisseur, I can say that If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck, Natty light is definitely the way to go. If you're a starving college student like myself, you learn to appreciate it. Not the best, but I've had worse. Very drinkable! Perfect for beer pong

3.1/5  rDev +85.6%

Good ol' college standby. I spent many of nights in college doing 12oz. curls of this schwill. It's drinkability is superb because it tastes like water. As far as standards, this one rates low, but nostalgia and the many memorable nights and football games I spent with my natty I cannot talk bad about this beer. Exceptional tailgating beer

1.68/5  rDev +0.6%

This beer was brought to a New Years party I was at. There was a few left so I took one to review at a later date. Well now is that later date.

From a can, poured into a pint glass this brew has almost no head. The color is a light straw yellow. Nothing special about this beer. Most likely the choice of high school kids and people on limited fixed incomes.

Not much taste, not much of a brew.

1.1/5  rDev -34.1%

One beer I will rate from memory. . .what a nightmare! Other than price this beer has absolutely no reedeming qualitys. Looks bad, smells worst, believe it or not tastes and goes down worse than that! This beer is seriously seriously bad! Keystone or Natty Light? Neither, would rather not having anything to drink these days.

3.05/5  rDev +82.6%

A: Like the old cans better, only seen it in beer pong cups. It glistens like the sun, yellow. Some bubbly head.
S: Eh, don't smell it, just drink it.
T: Water, water, water, corn, malt, water
M: Great, crisp, carbonated tingle
D: So easyyy

Awesome beer, and awesome price.

2.85/5  rDev +70.7%

This is a college kid's beer. I drank this all the time in college. It was cheap and all I could afford. I use to not be able to stand it at all, but after drinking so much of it I got use to it. This is just a nothing special beer. If you want a cheap beer to get drunk and play drinking games, this is a perfect beer.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch