Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 512 | Hads: 1,938

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

It is neon green cat pee.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up) (292 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

From 07/26/14 notes. Poured from a 12 oz. can into a pint glass because why not.

a - Pours a clear bright yellow color with two inches of bright white head and moderate carbonation evident. Doesn't look great.

s - Smells of corn, wheat, grains, and bready malts. Not good but not as bad as you'd expect.

t - Tastes of corn, wheat, pale malts, grains, bready malts, sweet corn, and metal. Much worse than the nose.

m - Light body and low to moderate carbonation, watery feel to it.

o - Overall not very good but not skunky as least. Not the worst adjunct or light beer out there, though not good at all. (607 characters)

2.82/5  rDev +45.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

16 oz can born on 19 Jun 14 at 40 degrees into standard pint glass
Aroma very weak rice (?)
Head large (8 cm), white, fizzy, rapidly diminishing to 2 mm layer
Lacing none
Body very light yellow, clear
Flavor pretty much none, maybe a hint of dimethylsulfide; no hops, no malt, no alcohol, no diacetyl
Palate light, watery, lively carbonation

If you’ve got nothing else to drink, including water, this is passable. (416 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -33%

The first "beer" I ever tasted. Never again.

I'm not sure it's really necessary to review it, but I shall anyway.

It looked too light to be something I ought to be drinking.

It smelled vaguely like beer, but not in a good way.

It felt like water, not beer, not alcohol at all, just water. Unfortunately, it didn't taste like water. It tasted like a weak and yet oddly pungent mixture of things that shouldn't be fermenting together. (438 characters)

Kinda tasted like sandy river water. I get that this is a cheap beer, but at what point do you ask yourself, "Is it really worth it?"

Will not buy or drink. (157 characters)

1.52/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Good ol' natty light. How can you complain about 60 dollars for a keg of this crap? I had the pleasure of consuming several of these over the 4th of july weekend. It was not by choice, I ran out of beer and had to drink this. That pretty much defines the only scenario in which i will drink this horse piss. Kinda reminds me of college parties and frat houses that smelled like booze and cigarettes. This beer has a fairly unpleasant smell and aftertaste, but it good only in two aspects and that is that it gets you drunk, and it is slightly refreshing due to the fact that it is so watered down.
Best served with another natty light.
Can cause epic beer poops the next morni (677 characters)

2.1/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear pale yellow body. The head disappeared before I could even describe it. I think it was white? Needless to say -- no lacing.

Aroma: A slightly sweet aroma, some corn adjuncts, not much else.

Taste: Less offensive than many other cheap beers, but almost completely tasteless.

Mouthfeel: Watery. Really, really watery.

Overall: I have to admit, this wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected. But the thing is, there's just no taste or aroma to this. That's better than it having a completely weird or off taste like some other cheap beers. (583 characters)

3.15/5  rDev +62.4%

A - decent looking can, familiar AB logo.

S - not much smell really

T - It's definitely a cheap, light, American beer. Not what I would reach for in a brew pub, but in a cooler on ice while watching the race, not a horrible taste for the low price. Reminds me of being a kid with an absentee budget again.

M - Actually a little dirty, like drinking from the hose with some carbonation in there. A beer like this should not be allowed to linger in a glass or a can though. It's for drinking. Sort of like box wine or generic pretzels. As long as it's not stale, it will get the job done.

O - Not pouring it down the drain, It can get there when I'm done with it. It's decent to drink when you're trying to pinch pennies. (724 characters)

3.17/5  rDev +63.4%

look my friends here at Beer Adv….its Natural Light….used to steal this by the case at local store…..its poundable, cheap(if you paid for it) …no hoppy; "why the hell am I drinking this over flowered beer" feel to it….simple, to the point libation…a favorite among my homeless friends and college dropouts. More to the point, I like our nice house, vehicles, toys and bills paid I'm at the age where beer snobbiness is no longer an issue……still prefer Extra Gold though… on a side note: this is labeled as a pilsner not lager….anywho? (554 characters)

1.52/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It tastes like marginally carbonated city tap water with vague undertones of alcohol.

It is a yellowish, translucent color.

It pours mostly headless, and what's there quickly flatlines.

It smells like cheap beer. Unsurprisingly.

My fraternity refused to buy it for parties. It's that bad. (292 characters)

This is the worst beer in the world. It is to beer what the antichrist is to Catholicism. It's like a parody of beer, "brewed" by people who secretly hate beer and want people who drink their product to learn to hate it as quickly as possible. When good beers go to bed at night, they dream of this shi!e lurking under their beds.

I was introduced to this years ago by a man who drank this exclusively. I now wonder whether he hated himself, or was just such a cheap alocholic that he was left with no other choice...

When you pour it into a glass- it looks like a well-hydrated person has taken a frothing piss- so it's probably better just to drink it from the can to save yourself from seeing its appearance.

It smells like... this actually gave me pause... It smells enough like beer to pass the test, but just because something smells like beer does not mean it's beer.

It's taste is its strongest suit. Do not mistake this for its best suit. It's best suit is that it is easily identifiable in can-form, so that it's easy enough to avoid. It's taste is like Miller Highlife filtered through a beaches storm drain and mixed with murky lake water. If I had to guess, it tastes like the water that pet turtles must swim in- Funky, with just a splash of artificial beer taste to make it taste SOMETHING like beer, but not quite. it gives me a queasy, sick, stomach-churning sense just thinking about it.

The mouthfeel is like water, except your mouth feels dirty afterwards- like it's polluted your mouth.

Overall this is the worst beer I can imagine. It's what I would force prisoners to drink to rehabilitated them from drunk driving. After being forced to drink this, most people would never want to touch ANY beer ever again. (1,737 characters)

2.12/5  rDev +9.3%

Appearance (2.50) : Clear/Yellow, light carbonation, and a very thin head. Looks okay/alright.

Smell (3.00) : Sweet, hoppy smell. I have trouble pin-pointing specific smells, but I'll blame my own sense of smell on that for now. Doesn't seem awful, I'm impressed.

Taste (1.00) : My initial comment is: Watery. Not a whole lot else going on as far as I can tell.

Mouthfeel (3.00) : Very crisp and refreshing, excellent feel with a good amount of carbonation.

Overall (2.75) : This beer took me on a bit of a roller coaster of emotions. At first I was hesitant based on the appearance, but then I was impressed by the smell. Immediately after being let up by the smell and appearance, I was put down by the taste, but then brought right back around by the feel. A very peculiar experience for me, but overall this was a very decent beer (especially for the price). (868 characters)

2.45/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

If I could rate this beer at zero I would. Stopped by the quick pick gas station after work. Had low funds so I grabbed a sixxer of 16oz cans for $3.50. Should have been my first sign. I noticed it has no taste at all. Canned water with alcohol. My dog wouldn't even drink it. Causes gut busting diarhea also! (309 characters)

3.1/5  rDev +59.8%

Sampled tonight on 5/13/14 while 'Grillin' & Chillin' on the upper back patio. Bought this single 16 ounce can for 75 cents. Been since Florida since I had one of these. Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a 32 ounce 1996 "Bud Light" glass mug in PERFECT NEW CONDITION that I bought from the local Salvation Army Store about 2 weeks back and was kept in the freezer.

Pours a lighter straw-yellow in color with a good 2-finger fizzy white head that settles down to just a thin layering on top and the sides of the glass. Actually a decent amount of lacing was seen. The aroma is of grains and a hint of sweet corn, The taste is right up from the with corn first followed by the grain. Lots of carbonation that is excepted, and common with Bud products. Actually, the taste wasn't that bad and with no bitter aftertaste. (850 characters)

4.74/5  rDev +144.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Great tasting inexpensive beer by Anheuser-Busch. Also low in carbs. Carbs are only 3.2 compared to Bud Light with 6.6 And the alcohol content is the same for both at 4.2. Good choice for beer drinkers who are diabetic. Can't tell the difference in Natural Light, Miller Light or Mich Ultra. (291 characters)

3.17/5  rDev +63.4%

I bought a six pack of 16oz cans when I was starved on cash. Cost right around $4. Not a bad beer for the price and will get you a buzz. Around beer #3 my stomach began to rumble. As I opened beer #5 I got hardcore diarrhea and barely made it to the toilet.

You get what you pay for! (284 characters)

2.38/5  rDev +22.7%

We did a blind taste test with this beer against five other light american lagers to objectively determine which one is best. The beers were Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Light, Natural Light, and Pabst Blue Ribbon. You can check it out here:

http://youtu.be/zpsOvIx_jEg (272 characters)

1.82/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

Considering my proximity to the brewery, as well as the intensive distribution of this beer, I had the good fortune of selecting from a wide variety of serving options. Long necks, 12oz cans, 40oz screw tops, stubby bottles, tall boys, as well as draft were all available within walking distance of my home, but I felt rather keen to experience this beer in all its glory.

I soon found myself in the checkout line at a high traffic gas station in one of the more undesirable parts of a bustling college town waiting to pay for a luke warm, likely expired tuna salad sandwhich, a stale bag of corn chips, and, of course, a natty tall boy, which although normally 24oz, was this time 25oz, thanks to the good people at Anheuser-Busch.

And now, my fellow psuedo-intellectuals, we shall sit atop our high horses and snicker downward upon the lowly ass that is Natural Light.

A: Of course, I had the heart to pour this beer into a frosty pint glass; after all, I am not entirely cruel. The head was shockingly soapy, leaving a ridiculous amount of lacing for a beer in this category. No, wait, it's not lace, they're just ice crystals. The beer is freezing on the frosty glass (refreshing indeed...). The color is extremely pale and the opacity is next to none. I would not be surprised in the slightest if I could see clean through a fucking shark tank full of the stuff. However, this style is meant to be crisp and rejuvenating, and gravity tends to demean such qualities.

S: The smell hits the nose like a cool breeze barreling through the basement of a frathouse in the middle of winter on a particularly brisk morning after a party at the end of which, the last man standing forgot to shut the door before passing out cuddling his funnel and hose. Low hop character, and even lower malt presence attempt to mask the mineral-like hallmarks of a mass produced, forced carbonated beer.

T: I'm not going to bitch about the taste here. As far as this component of the review goes, less is more. This beer is purposefully bland so that it may appeal to the most consumers possible. I once attended a lecture by a McDonald's executive, during which he briefly discussed the amount of research that goes into making a consumable product "appetizingly bland" so that it could be consumed more often without becoming unappealing. In our world, fellow hopheads, this is known as palate fatigue. You wouldn't buy a 30 rack of barleywine for the same reason you wouldn't bring a single 12oz bottle of Natty to a cheese pairing.
The taste is reminiscent of a lager, and is very, very drinkable. "Lawnmower beer" as it were. Overall, I'd go as far as to say that when properly chilled, the taste is the redeeming feature of this beer.

M: Like tonic water, but less so. It fits the taste, but leaves want of more, which probably adds to the drinkability and the ability to pound an entire twelve pack and not feel completely disgusted by yourself.

O: I paid $1.39 for 25oz of easy drinking, low taste beer that I could slam quickly and not feel full and sleepy and that's what I got. If you refuse to drink this beer out of sheer snobbery, just remember that it has its place. I drank it, it went down easy, I feel slightly refreshed and not at all full. Well done, Natural Light. You're not terrible. (3,297 characters)

2.9/5  rDev +49.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

The number one sold discount beer in United States. hops. It is first time tasting this beer. I will rating according light lager category.

Appearance: A very light yellow with a lot of carbonation

Smell: Like a American adjunct lager grainy.

Taste : barley some malts with some very floral hop character and bitterness. on rss then second then no taste with a clean finish. The old Wendy commercial where is the beer ? where the beer natural light ?

Mouthfeel Seltzer water feel to it,

Overall : Natural Ice’s distinction is that it's a beer most commonly seen in the US in a 24-packs being hauled out of a local grocery store by a college kids and older retired people on a budget. Have you seen natural light in six packs ?
Nothing offensive about natty light but you have to look hard find any taste to it. I am not going to trash natural light, again it has its place in college frat house and people hard on cash. I will stick with miller light and bud light which have more resemblance of a beer. The saving is not worth the quality you are giving up with natty light. For some of you out who buy natty light as long as you’re comfortable being spotted as a Natty Light drinker go an buy you some of this natty swill ! (1,235 characters)

1.94/5  rDev 0%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with moderate to heavy amounts of active visible carbonation streaming from the bottom of the glass and some very faint lemon yellow highlights. The beer has a three finger tall foamy bright white head that reduces to a thin film covering the entire surface of the beer and a medium thick ring at the edges of the glass. Very light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of grainy malts with moderate amounts of corn adjuncts and just a hint of sweetness.

T: Upfront there is a light to moderate flavor of corn adjuncts and grainy malts with just a hint of grassy hops. Light amounts of bitterness that fades rather quickly.

M: Very light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation. Crisp but watery.

O: This beer is very easy to drink and is refreshing but is not really interesting enough to want to have another. This would be a good beer for drinking on the beach, especially out of the 24 oz. can. (959 characters)

3.95/5  rDev +103.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured out of an ice cold 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- Clear pale yellow color. Lots of small bubbles streaming up. Two finger head that fizzles away to a ring of light foam. Looks good.

S- Light corn smell, biscuits, a little bit of malts. Clean water.

T- Very light corn taste up front with lots of carbonation. After swallowing, it has some malt notes and a tinge of grassy hop bitterness. Very clean watery taste.

M- Crisp, watery, light, high level of prickly carbonation, fresh.

Drinkability- Goes down extremely easy and smooth.

O- Overall, this is a very refreshing beer. Not offensive. It's perfect on a hot day or when feeling thirsty for a great light beer. (701 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -35.1%

Pale yellow body, no head. Aroma? What aroma? Watery cabbage flavor with a touch of metallic bitterness. Thin, watery feel; dry finish.

Piss poor appearance, aroma like tap water, disagreeable taste for beer. Yep. This is a poor excuse for beer. I pity those who drink this swill in order to minimize calories. There are so many other fine tasting, low calorie beers out there. I just can't fathom why anyone would opt for this loser brew when there are plenty of tasty alternatives. (484 characters)

2.18/5  rDev +12.4%

Well this is kind of hard to review. Mainly because it doesn't really have any taste or smell. This is what I was always afraid was in the keg! Well, it kind of looks like dirty yellow water and it is pretty smooth. The lack of taste is a plus for this beer since most beers of this type are terrible. Well done natty light. Win by having almost no taste ;) (357 characters)

2.27/5  rDev +17%

Natural light, or "Frat Water" as it is known in the Greek system is honestly a good go to beer for when you're hosting social events and you don't care what you're serving as long as there is a LOT of it at an affordable price. Like most American "water" beers, natural light has a lower alcohol level, which makes ideal for social occasions so your night doesn't get too crazy but won't miss out on that nice buzz (if you're responsible). I love my frat water but alas, if you are looking for a well thought out, rich and flavorful beer this isn't the right brewski for you.

Appearance- a pale golden color, plenty of carbonation bubbles with a white frothy head when poured

Smell- hops with a mild hint of wheat

Taste- highly carbonated feeling with the aforementioned taste of wheat barley and hops, very bitter and nondescript almost

Mouthfeel- bitter and fizzed quite a bit

Overall- for the price Natural is a good go to beer for social events but for pleasure not so much. (985 characters)

I used to split a case of nat light with a friend in high school when it was $10 a case. The alcohol content and flavor is even less in Oklahoma than in most states. It was my go to beer when I only had $5 in my pocket. Other than the price there isnt much to like about this beer. (281 characters)

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch