Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 511 | Hads: 1,935
2.6/5  rDev +34%

Looks an odd yellow with hardly any bubbles and no head. Smells faint. Grain and rice. Tastes ricey with a little sweetness and actually, some malt towards the end. Grain as well. Mouthfeel is thin and prickly. I could drink this for a while. Simple. (250 characters)

1.36/5  rDev -29.9%

Had a can last night at a party, only brew they had. I've had this beer before but never has it tasted so bad. After treating myself with better beers, Sam Adams, Harpoon, etc., this "Natty" was deplorable. I was mad at myself for not brining my own and made a comment to my friend about it...he told me I shouldn't complain because it was free. Truth. I will never buy this beer and only drink it as a last resort to be social.

A: 12 oz can, not worth a pour.

S: None?

T: Not much, seltzer water

M: Seltzer water, extremely carbonated

D: Putting these beers away is not a problem but it is hardly an enjoyable experience. (637 characters)

1.95/5  rDev +0.5%

come on now. This is a cheap beer intended for mass consumption. Its not meant to be the best beer ever. It is, however, not the worst beer ever either. I will definately take this beer for free from a friend whenever. I have it often. The appearance is a light straw yellow color with no head retention. Smell and taste don't offer much. Mouthfeel is overcarbonated. But is it drinkable and worth the money? yes. (413 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -35.1%

Here's another non-biased view on yet another of the trailer park classics brew. My last was Natty Ice, it actually halfway decent regarding alcohol content and taste. So I decided to pick this up at CVS for $5 A 12'er. I usually don't buy light beer, but this was a new brand.

Poured yellow clear with 1/4 inch head and no lacing, appeared very watery. Taste was aluminum and water, very boring. No smell, none, except that of aluminum. Mouthfeel was like club soda with a hint of beer. You're going to piss 20 times before you're drunk.

Overall this beer ranks at the bottom 1%. The worst I've had besides Lacrosse Light. I would buy Natty Ice over this anyday, dont waste your time. (693 characters)

2.43/5  rDev +25.3%

What does it mean when you review this beer?
a.) you're in college
b.) you're currently unemployed
c.) you're a cheap son-of-a-bitch
d.) none of the above

My answer is 'd' , none of the above, I swear!

I was painting the ceilings in the bedrooms, 3 of them, today and I told my wife to go get me "light beer, whatever's on sale".

She came back with a cold 12 pack of this beer and said it was on sale for $4.49.

All right, I'll admit there was a time when I would drink cases of this stuff in the summer, sometimes a case or more over the course of a long hot day.

That was 20 years ago... thanks for remembering, Sweetheart!

I'm on number 9 as of this review and I'm actually thinking about asking her to go get me more...

Not! (753 characters)

the previews reviews were deead on. When you review this beer you have to take in consideration the fact that the beer is made to satisfy college students budgetts. In turn the beer is pale pale yellow, has aboslutly no aroma to it at all and its very simialr to water in taste. I wouldnt say it taste bad more that it just doesnt tast like anything (349 characters)

1.77/5  rDev -8.8%

There is really almost no point to reviewing this beer, as it is made for college students strapped for cash that want to get drunk fast. College students usually aren't concerned with taste, but ease of consumption, and this goes down easy. Obviously not for the beer connoisseur, but perfect for its intended purpose. "Natty" is worth a college student spending a few bucks on. (379 characters)

1.8/5  rDev -7.2%

Poured a really pale yellow , lots of fizz for a bit , then no head. Smell is really thin , clean metal , faint beery character. The taste is just so damn thin. But it is cold! Thats good right? Anyways , hints at some corny grain and hay stored in metal. Clean taste that comes and goes rapid fire. Im not one to turn down a free beer , so as long as im outside in the sun , and theres nothing else... i'll drink it. Otherwise , barely beer. It was also very light as promised on the can. The main thing is that the bad flavors were less prounced. (548 characters)

2.76/5  rDev +42.3%

Ah ha! The party couple left a few of these from the ol’ New Year Eve party – might as well pop one for a New Year Review:

Whoo, good grief, a lite straw pour with almost no heading is not a good start. Cooked veggies in the aroma, and almost no taste what-so-ever. Dry and unimpressive – but crap at $10 for a 30 pack, what the hell would ya expect? (356 characters)

2.78/5  rDev +43.3%

Poured from a can to a Dixie cup. The liquid is a straw yellow, lots of carbonation and a white 2 finger head.

The smell is faint malt and a fruity note.

The taste is corn and very light malt.

The mouthfeel is thin and soda water like.

The drinkability is ok, If need be you could survive on this. MK (313 characters)

2.76/5  rDev +42.3%

I got this from my father's refrig, and poured into a pint glass. It poured proably the most clear yellow color I have ever seen with a fair amount of head that had the fastest retention I have ever seen. There was a bit of lace that was not sticky. The smell was kind of spicy and the taste was kind of sweet. Not very good. Don't drink and review. (349 characters)

Dated 19 Oct 2006, can poured into a pint glass.

A - Poured a pale straw with a foamy head that disappeared almost immediately. The beer looks alive though, with the large amount of carbonation present.

S - Has a faint aroma of corn and a little hops.

T - The carbonation hit me first (there's a lot), followed by the corn sweetness, and finished with a slight sourness. Ugh.

M - Besides the corn and the carbonation, there's not really anything going on here. No hops, no barley malt, just corn corn corn.

D - Everyone says corn is supposed to bring out the sweetness in a beer, but is that a good thing? Still, it's more drinkable than other light beers, so I guess Natty Light isn't half bad. (700 characters)

2.41/5  rDev +24.2%

Drank this beer all the time in college. Didn't really like it at first, but it grew on me and now I have no problem drinking it. The color of this beer is a decent pale amber color with a decent head. The smell is a potent hoppy smell which strikes the nostrils immediately. Taste's malty at first, but you get used to the taste. Decent mouthfeel, not too watery for a light beer. Usually only drink it when it's the best available. (433 characters)

2.55/5  rDev +31.4%

Pours pale, corn water into beer glass. Foams up a bit but in the blink of an eye is gone and no lacing remains. Taste is corny, can't really detect much malt, hop or anything else, but some hop in the middle. The taste in the back and aftertaste are interesting. I was expecting a similiar flavor to bud light but I honestly think the aftertaste is better, or I should say, not as bad as bud light. The corn taste remains in the aftertaste, really just the corn flavor here throughout, pretty boring.

I was expecting a relationship here similiar to coors light and keystone light, those two are very similiar to me, but this is a unique beer from bud light and I do prefer it because it's cheaper and doesn't have a foul aftertaste. If looking for cheap light beer go with Keystone light or Old Milwaukee light, they are easier to drink and unique from other light macro's I'd say. (885 characters)

2.16/5  rDev +11.3%

Natural Light
Deuce-deuce bottle
Born on 09/06, malticided 10/06
Medium pour in an English pint.

Poured a very light yellow with a frothy white somewhat diminishing head.

Smelt of corn and cardboard.

Taste was upfront strong sweet stale bread followed by a moderate sweet corn taste on a short dry cardboard finish. Mouthfeel was light bodied, watery, and overly fizzy.

Overall, it tastes ok. I'm slightly impressed it showed some meager attempt at taste. (470 characters)

2.56/5  rDev +32%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Natural Light basically tastes like beer mixed with water.
Fairly nice appearance for such a cheap macro, and easy to drink, even in large quantities, but tastes like water and adjuncts.
Very well carbonated, that's about all there is to it.
Were it not for the slightly malty flavor in the finish, I would have thought I was drinking club soda. (349 characters)

3.2/5  rDev +64.9%

When reviewed within the style this beer is fairly average. The only thing is, it is a little cheaper. I bought a sixer of this tonight for no other reason than I had a driver and this was the only thing in 16oz cans. I was wanting to get a little more than a standard six and this met that requirment. Pretty typical for the style. A camping session beer for sure. (365 characters)

2.13/5  rDev +9.8%

All right, I know it is horrible to review this beer because we all already know (at least, if you went to college) how much Natty Light reminds you of piss water. But, regardless of what people say this is a lager, and you can make it so with a trick I learned when I finally could not stand Natty on its own anymore.

First, pour the Natty into a cup, preferably plastic. Next, take one to two shots of Jagermeister and pour this in. Mix the two, and Voila! You get the taste of a strong lager. Its artificial, its truly cheap, but it works if you are on a budget

This worked for me for 2 years in college. I suggest you try it just once if you are broke, or just for laughs. BeerMail me and let me know if this works for you too (736 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Well I'm a college student, and as far as "cheap beer" goes, Natty Light is by far the best. Its also good beer to have around for women who dont like beer, since it tastes like water. It literally has no beer taste to it at all. Its "beer flavored water" that will get you drunk. Now that im 21, ive started drinking good beers for a change, but when I want something cheap to chug, Natty is #1. Why pay 4-5 bucks more for Bud/Coors etc. if natty light is $11. (461 characters)

2.99/5  rDev +54.1%

When I was a freshman in college I thought this beer was awsome. It tastes like water and it goes down like water.

Now that I truely appreciate beer, the naty light isn't all that good anymore. But I will say it's chugability (is that even a word?) is excellent, not to mention it's cheap. It's the best starter beer to drink when your a noob freshman in college. (367 characters)

2.1/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

This is the perfect beer for drinking games. It's drinkable in high volumes and doesn't have the low ABV of most light beers. The taste is watery but has more bite to it than a Coors Light or Keystone Light. Regardless, I would avoid it unless you're on a very tight budget or looking to relive your college years. (314 characters)

3.1/5  rDev +59.8%

it would be hard for me to give any other reviews of the beer, seeing as my serving type or (method) was the classic "shotgun." If you want to get drunk on a budget...GO NATTY!!! b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (371 characters)

2.28/5  rDev +17.5%

Poured a pretty clear with a hint of gold. Created a short head, that evaporated before I could even right this down. The head did not seem soft, it looked a bit rough.

It had a faint buttery smell.

The little taste was faint and sweet.

It felt watery, and saturated much like a water.

Natural Light is extremely easy to consume, much like a Sprite. I don't particulary want another one, but I probably will :) (422 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -43.3%

This beer is truly awful and as cheep as it may be it is still not worth it. It tastes and smells dirty and rotten. It doesn't even have the flavors of beer in it. There is no grain malt or hops just rain water that ran through your filthy gutter on the house all cluttered with rotting leaves when it cam out of the rain spout it was put in a can an pushed on me as beer. A few sips was as much as I could handle. This is (at the moment) my worst beer experience. Worse than another skunked beer I've had. Yet Josh drank several cans and I assume that it what the crap always tastes like. I just got a Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot and a snifter glass and sipped my one beer while he finished off the six cans.
Avoid.
Hope this is helpful.
Cheers! (750 characters)

1.85/5  rDev -4.6%

I remember how cheap a case of this was back in college. Now I realize why. Pours a ugly headless yellow color with no lacing but lots of carbonation. Nose is slightly astringent and loaded with adjuncts. Not much good to say.

No one discernable favor, just a watery body with neither hop nor malt taking the lead role but instead the h20. If water is the strongest taste in your beer.. change the ingredients...

Mouthfeel is somewhat refreshing but still doesn't stand up at all in the mouth. Carbonation is also a killer. Not worth any more than the slightest of efforts. More good beer stores needed in Harnett County. (628 characters)

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch