Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
2.12/5  rDev +26.9%

Appearance (2.50) : Clear/Yellow, light carbonation, and a very thin head. Looks okay/alright.

Smell (3.00) : Sweet, hoppy smell. I have trouble pin-pointing specific smells, but I'll blame my own sense of smell on that for now. Doesn't seem awful, I'm impressed.

Taste (1.00) : My initial comment is: Watery. Not a whole lot else going on as far as I can tell.

Mouthfeel (3.00) : Very crisp and refreshing, excellent feel with a good amount of carbonation.

Overall (2.75) : This beer took me on a bit of a roller coaster of emotions. At first I was hesitant based on the appearance, but then I was impressed by the smell. Immediately after being let up by the smell and appearance, I was put down by the taste, but then brought right back around by the feel. A very peculiar experience for me, but overall this was a very decent beer (especially for the price).

2.75/5  rDev +64.7%

1.03/5  rDev -38.3%

If I could rate this beer at zero I would. Stopped by the quick pick gas station after work. Had low funds so I grabbed a sixxer of 16oz cans for $3.50. Should have been my first sign. I noticed it has no taste at all. Canned water with alcohol. My dog wouldn't even drink it. Causes gut busting diarhea also!

2.5/5  rDev +49.7%

3.1/5  rDev +85.6%

Sampled tonight on 5/13/14 while 'Grillin' & Chillin' on the upper back patio. Bought this single 16 ounce can for 75 cents. Been since Florida since I had one of these. Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a 32 ounce 1996 "Bud Light" glass mug in PERFECT NEW CONDITION that I bought from the local Salvation Army Store about 2 weeks back and was kept in the freezer.

Pours a lighter straw-yellow in color with a good 2-finger fizzy white head that settles down to just a thin layering on top and the sides of the glass. Actually a decent amount of lacing was seen. The aroma is of grains and a hint of sweet corn, The taste is right up from the with corn first followed by the grain. Lots of carbonation that is excepted, and common with Bud products. Actually, the taste wasn't that bad and with no bitter aftertaste.

2.25/5  rDev +34.7%