Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,929 | Reviews: 570
1.23/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Getting Light Lager out of the way in the classiest way possible.

awful taste, awful smell... cheap beer

2.27/5  rDev +35.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Not good. Watery and a slight skunky taste.

1.83/5  rDev +8.9%

Super light, watery & fitting for college drinkers or anyone on a tight budget. Better out of the can than in the glass.

1.34/5  rDev -20.2%

one of my least favorite beers, if its not ice cold you will be gagging as you drink it

1.65/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

look: pale yellow, not as bad as it could be... 1.75

smell: smells bland yet sugary and sweet like fruit 1.75

taste: tastes nice for a bottom shelf however aftertaste strikes quickly, nasty 1.5

mouthfeel: best out of all bottom shelves I have had, on the lower side of medium full, carbonated and delivers a slight slight bite 1.75

overall I will give this a 1.75 nice terrible light low end brew

3.81/5  rDev +126.8%

Throw few thousand pet food bags a night, stop by the store get a couple 25's slam em, wake up do it all again. The way this beer is supposed to be enjoyed!

1.11/5  rDev -33.9%

This stuff is really gross

Smells and taste like cat piss. Reminds me of high school and not in a good way.

Great beer pong beer. Better than bud light.

1.08/5  rDev -35.7%

Used to drink this back in high school when a 30 pack was $10, haven't touch it in years, big nasty corn wet newspaper aroma and taste.

1.44/5  rDev -14.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Pours a very pale yellow color. Head starts off thick looking like soft drink carbonation thinning to very thin, but not completely disappearing. Smells like what you'd expect, watered down fermented corn. Not much taste at all and is quite dry on the mouth.

1.46/5  rDev -13.1%

I was in town, had one mission to complete (pick up two pizzas for my friend's kids), and lots of time on my hands. So I was bored. Sue me. (no, don't.) I saw a six pack of Natural ("Natty") Light just chilling lonely in the bargain brew section. $4.49, I figured...why not. How bad can it be? It's an Annheuser-Busch product, if anything it's just a little worse than Busch Light.

I'm here to tell you, this swill is baaaaad. Like whoa, bad. Laugh out loud bad. It's drinkable, yes, but throw taste out the window, it tastes like garbage.

Appearance (2) : It actually pours a head. Surprising. The body is the clearest beer I have ever seen. It's like bad municipal city water.

Aroma (1.75) : tin, grain, washed out corn, light floral, watered down steamed rice.

Flavor (1.5) : None. Well okay. It's a rush of tin and metal, with a malt liquor-type of alcohol burn, followed by the faintest hint of malted grain. And when I mean faint, I mean faint. That is it for flavor, that is as descriptive and as thorough as I can be. So there you have it.

Mouthfeel (1.5) : Fizzy, stabbing carbonation and a watery wash. It drinks easy, though.

Overall (1.46) : I can already feel myself getting a headache from this and I'm only a half of a can in. Can I rename this beer to "liquid metal"? It might sell better that way and at least they're being honest about the taste. The belches have more flavor than the beer itself. So in closing this beer is close to the worst I've ever had in my life. If you truly hate yourself you'll buy and drink this beer. It really truly is, pure garbage. I may honestly use the rest of the six pack for target practice on the range.

3.76/5  rDev +123.8%

Drank this the other day. Just a run of the mill cheap light beer. Thats all. It isn't bad nor good.

I picked up some because money was low, Holiday Season. I was used to craft beer, not this! Just about as close to water as you can get. No taste, no head, what else can I say. Will not be purchased again!

1.25/5  rDev -25.6%

Went to a friends house to watch football last night and he had a case of this. Never had one before and I never will again. The worst swill I've ever put in my body. It is reminiscent of a drink that you drank most of but there's a few sips at the bottom mixed with the ice water and you try to drink that watery crap. I could barely finish the can and could not drink another until I had 4 16oz of PBR. It was that bad. The color really looks like faint yellow piss, what head the swill has flattens in seconds, the immediate taste is watery beer and the lingering flavors are of aluminum and morning breath. I wouldn't touch this ever again willingly.

1.75/5  rDev +4.2%

Decent value

One of the worst beers I've ever tried. This beer is completely watery with a slightly metalic flavor on the finish. Really, this beer is so watery and nasty tasting, it's hard not to be impressed with AB's ability to fashion such a bad beer. Even by AB stanadards, this stands out as a particularly awful effort.

1.5/5  rDev -10.7%

Look, I was desperate in college. That's all I have to say. Whatever got me drunk while paying $10 for a 30 pack is a beer I'd drink. This watered down dog pee is, and will stay in my tastebuds forever. Recently, I came across a Natty Light in a friend's refrigerator. Poured out of a can into a pint glass.

I will say, it is a very easy beer to drink. At only 4.2%, no wonder why it attracts so many young drinkers that haven't developed the taste for craft brews. To be honest, there was no smell I can detect. Tastes just as it smells with a slight hint of corn and light malt. Pale yellow body with a thin head that dissipates within 20 seconds.

Nasty stuff. On par with good ol' Keystone Light as the worst beer I have ever drank.

I can't believe I've drunk this...

2.25/5  rDev +33.9%

Natty Light - unforgettable name that accompanies many great memories. Unfortunately a very forgettable beer in an of itself.

I'm not sure if this beer even qualifies as a 1 out of 5 rating... This is the college piss water you use to keep yourself hydrated in between shots.

Pours a crystal clear straw color with a small head that leaves no lacing down a 16oz pub glass.

Smell is fairly weak of a lager yeast and adjunct grain malts.

Taste is pretty much same as nose, with the grain malts and classic american lager dry crispness.

Mouthfeel is really watery but has good carbonation like a soda.

Overall, not gonna set the world on fire but it is defiantly refreshing on a hot day after mowing the grass. My dad left one at my house a couple of weeks ago while watching the ballgame and I grew up drinking this so I figured I would give it a review. Defiantly not the worst beer I have ever drink but sure leaves room for improvement.

Would be my go to in college due to the fact that it was $10 per case. Only drink if looking to drink a lot of "beer" at one party.

2.5/5  rDev +48.8%

I purchased it in the cans and put in the fridge for the nephews who like it (they "pick things up and put them dowen") since it's low calorie and they're on the younger side of beer appreciation. I had one cold from the fridge and found it quite inoffensive. In fact so devoid of anything that it was quite refreshing, like Busch, or water, and I can see how it would be a good session beer, and why it's popular with the frats. No smell, no taste except a quick crisp carbonation that quickly dissipates, no odd aftertaste (I'm talking about you Narragansett) , just an easy 4.2% ABV beer. It's like stretching out for the real game, or coming in the the home stretch after. No offense. No foul. Lots of descriptive reviews here making up offenses, but really it is almost as inoffensive as Ultra Light, where you suspect it is take calories out of your body, like some kind of flavor vacuum. In fact I'm so content with its neutrality I'm upping my rating to a true beige medium of 2.5.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch