Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,929 | Reviews: 570
3.75/5  rDev +123.2%

Go to beer when your on a budget

Nasty light!!!

Pure unadulterated filth. Easily among the worst beers I've had the misfortune to encounter. That is all.

Nastier than shit. I like light beer and this is the worst drink man has ever known.

This beet taste like watered down piss, this is by far the worst beer i have ever tasted.

OKAY. I was hiking in Colorado when I had this, as an explanation.

Hot day, right on - I had a little flask of Windsor Canadian with me (a rare thing, I view liquor as merely a wasted chance to have a beer, but sometimes you're in situations where you need a little to go a long way), and it came to pass that one of the guys hauled out a few cans of Natty that he'd been toting. He kindly offered to share, but we gave them a while in a nearby stream to cool down a bit first.

Look man, perhaps obviously by posting here, I love beer. Love it, nearly all of it, and I do my best to keep an open mind and leave the snobbery aside.

But even given that I love beer, given that it was hot, I was tired, and would have pronounced a cold can of Budweiser the equal of Westvleteren XII (not that I've ever had the latter) on that day, this is some terrible beer right here.

There's just NO reason for it to be as utterly thin, tasteless and generally bad as it is. I mean, they could care a LITTLE bit about what they put in cans, it seems to me.

Delta Fu!

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

It is neon green cat pee.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up)

2.35/5  rDev +39.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

From 07/26/14 notes. Poured from a 12 oz. can into a pint glass because why not.

a - Pours a clear bright yellow color with two inches of bright white head and moderate carbonation evident. Doesn't look great.

s - Smells of corn, wheat, grains, and bready malts. Not good but not as bad as you'd expect.

t - Tastes of corn, wheat, pale malts, grains, bready malts, sweet corn, and metal. Much worse than the nose.

m - Light body and low to moderate carbonation, watery feel to it.

o - Overall not very good but not skunky as least. Not the worst adjunct or light beer out there, though not good at all.

2.82/5  rDev +67.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

16 oz can born on 19 Jun 14 at 40 degrees into standard pint glass
Aroma very weak rice (?)
Head large (8 cm), white, fizzy, rapidly diminishing to 2 mm layer
Lacing none
Body very light yellow, clear
Flavor pretty much none, maybe a hint of dimethylsulfide; no hops, no malt, no alcohol, no diacetyl
Palate light, watery, lively carbonation

If you’ve got nothing else to drink, including water, this is passable.

1.3/5  rDev -22.6%

The first "beer" I ever tasted. Never again.

I'm not sure it's really necessary to review it, but I shall anyway.

It looked too light to be something I ought to be drinking.

It smelled vaguely like beer, but not in a good way.

It felt like water, not beer, not alcohol at all, just water. Unfortunately, it didn't taste like water. It tasted like a weak and yet oddly pungent mixture of things that shouldn't be fermenting together.

Kinda tasted like sandy river water.

Will not buy or drink.

1.52/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Good ol' natty light. How can you complain about 60 dollars for a keg of this crap? I had the pleasure of consuming several of these over the 4th of july weekend. It was not by choice, I ran out of beer and had to drink this. That pretty much defines the only scenario in which i will drink this horse piss. Kinda reminds me of college parties and frat houses that smelled like booze and cigarettes. This beer has a fairly unpleasant smell and aftertaste, but it good only in two aspects and that is that it gets you drunk, and it is slightly refreshing due to the fact that it is so watered down.
Best served with another natty light.
Can cause epic beer poops the next morni

2.1/5  rDev +25%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear pale yellow body. The head disappeared before I could even describe it. I think it was white? Needless to say -- no lacing.

Aroma: A slightly sweet aroma, some corn adjuncts, not much else.

Taste: Less offensive than many other cheap beers, but almost completely tasteless.

Mouthfeel: Watery. Really, really watery.

Overall: I have to admit, this wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected. But the thing is, there's just no taste or aroma to this. That's better than it having a completely weird or off taste like some other cheap beers.

3.15/5  rDev +87.5%

A - decent looking can, familiar AB logo.

S - not much smell really

T - It's definitely a cheap, light, American beer. Not what I would reach for in a brew pub, but in a cooler on ice while watching the race, not a horrible taste for the low price. Reminds me of being a kid with an absentee budget again.

M - Actually a little dirty, like drinking from the hose with some carbonation in there. A beer like this should not be allowed to linger in a glass or a can though. It's for drinking. Sort of like box wine or generic pretzels. As long as it's not stale, it will get the job done.

O - Not pouring it down the drain, It can get there when I'm done with it. It's decent to drink when you're trying to pinch pennies.

3.17/5  rDev +88.7%

look my friends here at Beer Adv….its Natural Light….used to steal this by the case at local store…..its poundable, cheap(if you paid for it) …no hoppy; "why the hell am I drinking this over flowered beer" feel to it….simple, to the point libation…a favorite among my homeless friends and college dropouts. More to the point, I like our nice house, vehicles, toys and bills paid I'm at the age where beer snobbiness is no longer an issue……still prefer Extra Gold though… on a side note: this is labeled as a pilsner not lager….anywho?

1.52/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It tastes like marginally carbonated city tap water with vague undertones of alcohol.

It is a yellowish, translucent color.

It pours mostly headless, and what's there quickly flatlines.

It smells like cheap beer. Unsurprisingly.

My fraternity refused to buy it for parties. It's that bad.

This is the worst beer in the world. It is to beer what the antichrist is to Catholicism. It's like a parody of beer, "brewed" by people who secretly hate beer and want people who drink their product to learn to hate it as quickly as possible. When good beers go to bed at night, they dream of this shi!e lurking under their beds.

I was introduced to this years ago by a man who drank this exclusively. I now wonder whether he hated himself, or was just such a cheap alocholic that he was left with no other choice...

When you pour it into a glass- it looks like a well-hydrated person has taken a frothing piss- so it's probably better just to drink it from the can to save yourself from seeing its appearance.

It smells like... this actually gave me pause... It smells enough like beer to pass the test, but just because something smells like beer does not mean it's beer.

It's taste is its strongest suit. Do not mistake this for its best suit. It's best suit is that it is easily identifiable in can-form, so that it's easy enough to avoid. It's taste is like Miller Highlife filtered through a beaches storm drain and mixed with murky lake water. If I had to guess, it tastes like the water that pet turtles must swim in- Funky, with just a splash of artificial beer taste to make it taste SOMETHING like beer, but not quite. it gives me a queasy, sick, stomach-churning sense just thinking about it.

The mouthfeel is like water, except your mouth feels dirty afterwards- like it's polluted your mouth.

Overall this is the worst beer I can imagine. It's what I would force prisoners to drink to rehabilitated them from drunk driving. After being forced to drink this, most people would never want to touch ANY beer ever again.

2.12/5  rDev +26.2%

Appearance (2.50) : Clear/Yellow, light carbonation, and a very thin head. Looks okay/alright.

Smell (3.00) : Sweet, hoppy smell. I have trouble pin-pointing specific smells, but I'll blame my own sense of smell on that for now. Doesn't seem awful, I'm impressed.

Taste (1.00) : My initial comment is: Watery. Not a whole lot else going on as far as I can tell.

Mouthfeel (3.00) : Very crisp and refreshing, excellent feel with a good amount of carbonation.

Overall (2.75) : This beer took me on a bit of a roller coaster of emotions. At first I was hesitant based on the appearance, but then I was impressed by the smell. Immediately after being let up by the smell and appearance, I was put down by the taste, but then brought right back around by the feel. A very peculiar experience for me, but overall this was a very decent beer (especially for the price).

2.45/5  rDev +45.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

If I could rate this beer at zero I would. Stopped by the quick pick gas station after work. Had low funds so I grabbed a sixxer of 16oz cans for $3.50. Should have been my first sign. I noticed it has no taste at all. Canned water with alcohol. My dog wouldn't even drink it. Causes gut busting diarhea also!

3.1/5  rDev +84.5%

Sampled tonight on 5/13/14 while 'Grillin' & Chillin' on the upper back patio. Bought this single 16 ounce can for 75 cents. Been since Florida since I had one of these. Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a 32 ounce 1996 "Bud Light" glass mug in PERFECT NEW CONDITION that I bought from the local Salvation Army Store about 2 weeks back and was kept in the freezer.

Pours a lighter straw-yellow in color with a good 2-finger fizzy white head that settles down to just a thin layering on top and the sides of the glass. Actually a decent amount of lacing was seen. The aroma is of grains and a hint of sweet corn, The taste is right up from the with corn first followed by the grain. Lots of carbonation that is excepted, and common with Bud products. Actually, the taste wasn't that bad and with no bitter aftertaste.

4.74/5  rDev +182.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Great tasting inexpensive beer by Anheuser-Busch. Also low in carbs. Carbs are only 3.2 compared to Bud Light with 6.6 And the alcohol content is the same for both at 4.2. Good choice for beer drinkers who are diabetic. Can't tell the difference in Natural Light, Miller Light or Mich Ultra.

3.17/5  rDev +88.7%

I bought a six pack of 16oz cans when I was starved on cash. Cost right around $4. Not a bad beer for the price and will get you a buzz. Around beer #3 my stomach began to rumble. As I opened beer #5 I got hardcore diarrhea and barely made it to the toilet.

You get what you pay for!

2.38/5  rDev +41.7%

We did a blind taste test with this beer against five other light american lagers to objectively determine which one is best. The beers were Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Light, Natural Light, and Pabst Blue Ribbon. You can check it out here:

1.82/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

Considering my proximity to the brewery, as well as the intensive distribution of this beer, I had the good fortune of selecting from a wide variety of serving options. Long necks, 12oz cans, 40oz screw tops, stubby bottles, tall boys, as well as draft were all available within walking distance of my home, but I felt rather keen to experience this beer in all its glory.

I soon found myself in the checkout line at a high traffic gas station in one of the more undesirable parts of a bustling college town waiting to pay for a luke warm, likely expired tuna salad sandwhich, a stale bag of corn chips, and, of course, a natty tall boy, which although normally 24oz, was this time 25oz, thanks to the good people at Anheuser-Busch.

And now, my fellow psuedo-intellectuals, we shall sit atop our high horses and snicker downward upon the lowly ass that is Natural Light.

A: Of course, I had the heart to pour this beer into a frosty pint glass; after all, I am not entirely cruel. The head was shockingly soapy, leaving a ridiculous amount of lacing for a beer in this category. No, wait, it's not lace, they're just ice crystals. The beer is freezing on the frosty glass (refreshing indeed...). The color is extremely pale and the opacity is next to none. I would not be surprised in the slightest if I could see clean through a fucking shark tank full of the stuff. However, this style is meant to be crisp and rejuvenating, and gravity tends to demean such qualities.

S: The smell hits the nose like a cool breeze barreling through the basement of a frathouse in the middle of winter on a particularly brisk morning after a party at the end of which, the last man standing forgot to shut the door before passing out cuddling his funnel and hose. Low hop character, and even lower malt presence attempt to mask the mineral-like hallmarks of a mass produced, forced carbonated beer.

T: I'm not going to bitch about the taste here. As far as this component of the review goes, less is more. This beer is purposefully bland so that it may appeal to the most consumers possible. I once attended a lecture by a McDonald's executive, during which he briefly discussed the amount of research that goes into making a consumable product "appetizingly bland" so that it could be consumed more often without becoming unappealing. In our world, fellow hopheads, this is known as palate fatigue. You wouldn't buy a 30 rack of barleywine for the same reason you wouldn't bring a single 12oz bottle of Natty to a cheese pairing.
The taste is reminiscent of a lager, and is very, very drinkable. "Lawnmower beer" as it were. Overall, I'd go as far as to say that when properly chilled, the taste is the redeeming feature of this beer.

M: Like tonic water, but less so. It fits the taste, but leaves want of more, which probably adds to the drinkability and the ability to pound an entire twelve pack and not feel completely disgusted by yourself.

O: I paid $1.39 for 25oz of easy drinking, low taste beer that I could slam quickly and not feel full and sleepy and that's what I got. If you refuse to drink this beer out of sheer snobbery, just remember that it has its place. I drank it, it went down easy, I feel slightly refreshed and not at all full. Well done, Natural Light. You're not terrible.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch