Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 513 | Hads: 1,949
4.16/5  rDev +114.4%

Poured from a can into a Solo cup 3/4 filled.

Head-Fizzy and somewhat mutinous head that quickly disappeared like bobcat into its den. Sorry for you if you are unlucky enough to have to taste the head.

Color- A Beautiful golden yellow resembling that of wild goat urine. Maybe even some honeysuckle color. Fortunatley it does not stain a white shirt, whcih is exactly where it ended up later.

Taste- Once I removed the ping pong ball that was slammed into the solo by my opponet I quickly chugged it, relishing in only the last swallow. Light and watery, bits of dust and chair greese, along with oil from my opponets hands laced the solo as it emptied into my mouth and shirt. Bitter defeat filled my mouth as a drank the last millimeters

Afershock- This is not a beer to rate...this is a beer to chug in a game of flip-cup, beer-pong or Nemo. The taste can either be of victory or defeat. nevertheless....I love this beer, it broke my delicate beer cherry and introduced me to beer by starting off slow. taste= could be better---memories=few left (1,052 characters)

4.15/5  rDev +113.9%

Alright, I'm about to get a lot of criticism for this but I feel my voice must be heard. I am 25. I only drink beer. I love all types (favorite, American IPA. Cliche, I know). Anyways, I went to college and I had my fair share of cheap beer and this one still blows me away to this day.

Natural Light in a bottle is quite the exceptional beer. Yes, it's no Dale's Pale Ale nor does it have the amazing light beer taste of Miller Lite, but considering the price and availability of this beer I think it deserves recognition.

When I was in college you could get a 12 pack of Natty bottles for under six bucks (bottles are the BEST way to drink Natty). Natural isn't disgusting like other cheap beers (Pabst, Busch) and Natural doesn't give any hangovers.

My friends, I am not a troll. I consider myself an amateur beer connoisseur. I know Natural Light isn't the best beer, but it certainly isn't the worst. (910 characters)

4.05/5  rDev +108.8%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks! (942 characters)

4.04/5  rDev +108.2%

For all the light beers out there and the cheap price of this, it is perfectly fine. It smells gross but with the low alcohol content and smoothness, you could easily drink this while eating food, having one at a friends, tailgating, etc. Very good light beer. Do not understand the hate (287 characters)

I'm surprised at the number of bad reviews of this beer. Maybe it's because they all were of the canned variety. To me, any canned beer is far inferior to bottled -- unless somehow it was brewed to be enhanced by metallic taste.

But about this beer. It has flavor, decent balance of effervescence and body, and quite a bit of real beer substance, considering it's a light beer. I'm new to light beers, I admit, but I think I've found a decent brew here in Natural Light. (472 characters)

3.95/5  rDev +103.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured out of an ice cold 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- Clear pale yellow color. Lots of small bubbles streaming up. Two finger head that fizzles away to a ring of light foam. Looks good.

S- Light corn smell, biscuits, a little bit of malts. Clean water.

T- Very light corn taste up front with lots of carbonation. After swallowing, it has some malt notes and a tinge of grassy hop bitterness. Very clean watery taste.

M- Crisp, watery, light, high level of prickly carbonation, fresh.

Drinkability- Goes down extremely easy and smooth.

O- Overall, this is a very refreshing beer. Not offensive. It's perfect on a hot day or when feeling thirsty for a great light beer. (701 characters)

3.86/5  rDev +99%

Good old Natty light, this beer is a great beer and deserves the respect of many. This is a great beer for college parties and getting very drunk, because it is very cheap and it tastes great. In my opinion this beer tastes better than most domestic beers and if bars would put this on tap, I would gladly get it everytime. (323 characters)

3.81/5  rDev +96.4%

Throw few thousand pet food bags a night, stop by the store get a couple 25's slam em, wake up do it all again. The way this beer is supposed to be enjoyed! (156 characters)

3.8/5  rDev +95.9%

Well my family drinking started drinking this as their regular out of nowhere. Never liked it much for the heartburn factor but as time goes on the body changes, as so does my taste. Also as the economy falls so does my paycheck so all in all natty is alright in my book.

Your typical light beer... Pale yellow color, highly carbonated and quenches ones thirst like water ( for the most part) and doesn't offend the wife when it comes to the bank account.

When you're looking for a beer to get your drunk on and enjoy yourself this is the one. Plus it helps to secure this figure i worked so hard for. HA.

Take it as it is natty kicks some ars for a cheap fix. (665 characters)

3.79/5  rDev +95.4%

Crisp, clean, refreshing with outstanding drinkability. Great while working on a hot day or cutting through greasy foods. This is the beer I drink instead of soda. This beer is NOT being reviewed with its "style in mind". It's being rated like it was competing against a IPA. Think of it as a beer flavored seltzer water. I drink beer every day with IPAs being my favorite category, I enjoy this beer because sometimes I want a LIGHT beer. Light on calories, taste, smell, and cost. Thank you Natural/Busch Light(I think they are the same?).

P.S. If you are looking for the head on this beer or even pouring it in a glass you missed the style of this type of beer (664 characters)

3.78/5  rDev +94.8%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart. (747 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +90.7%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty. (381 characters)

3.56/5  rDev +83.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

An affordable beer with a light refreshing taste at the end of that nice gulp. It is frowned upon by many people I know BUT most of them have never even tried it, go figure! This beer to me is refreshing after a long day. You can drink many and not get too wasted. This is a nice beer to enjoy. Go drink one with a open mind. (325 characters)

3.55/5  rDev +83%

As a beer connoisseur, I can say that If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck, Natty light is definitely the way to go. If you're a starving college student like myself, you learn to appreciate it. Not the best, but I've had worse. Very drinkable! Perfect for beer pong (282 characters)

3.47/5  rDev +78.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

As im sure most impartial beer lovers on here know, the average BA user rates with a "All Beer created equal" stand point. However this is simply not true. This is a light American style lager, that means that there are not going to be complex flavors, citrus after taste or anything of its liking. Its not the style of American light beer.

That being said, rating this beer against other American lights- it is fine. Incredibly refreshing, goes down similar to water (which is what its made to do) and has the perfect amount of hops and "beer flavor" for its average consumer. Look and smell are both bad. This is a session beer. This is a -have 6-8 a night- beer. Would defiantly not turn this beer down at a party or at family/friends house. Probably would not buy or order at a bar, but it is a mediocre light beer. (821 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +75.3%

My first beer review.

I like to try every beer i can snag. Natural Light is the kind of beer that goes good one any occasion.

This beer this decent and very drinkable. It goes down good. It's cheap to buy and worth it. first time i drank this, month ago, was on a hot summer day playing bean bags.

The appearance is a simple yellowish color. Its very light and has little taste to it. Drinkable is great because i can drink this all day and dont get sick of it. (466 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +75.3%

Poured an ice-cold freshly brewed can into an 11oz glass 'borrowed' from the Anheuser-Busch Brewery tour hospitality room. Yellow, orange, golden egg color, very pale. (The exact same colors on a box of Camel Lights, if that helps). (Seriously, compare.) Large bubbles cover the sides. In general, it looks okay to me.

A hint of that Budweiser smell. Lightly sweet but more sour than Bud.

Average taste; nothing describable, but nothing unpleasant either. Slightly sour after taste that I quickly learned to enjoy.

Mouthfeel is a little too bubbly at first, but the carbonation disappears after a couple minutes. Mostly just feels cold and wet.

I find this beer extremely drinkable.

Notes: This review is probably a little biased from a financial standpoint. When I can I'll $10 or $12 for a six-pack, and my expectations are of course much higher. Had I paid say, $8.99 for a 12 pack of Natty Light, I might have been disappointed. Had I paid $6.99 for 12 I might have wanted a dollar back. But this beer cost me $4.99 for a pack brewed less than 10 days ago, and it lived up to, even exceeded my expectations. It's basically like drinking the 5 cent can of Wal-mart cola versus the real thing.

I think that one of the categories for rating beer should be "value".

I have no complaints. Although I'm not sure what exactly is "Natural" about this beer. It scores a 5 on the value scale. (1,407 characters)

3.38/5  rDev +74.2%

i believe many folk don't like this brew even before they taste it! if this beer cost more than bud light it would be the more popular beer without a doubt! this is the first light beer...which is brewed by A-B. how much time and $ do you think A-B put into this product before releasing it?? with the bottomless pockets of the number 1 brewery in the world you should know that they are going to do their research and put put out the best product they can! don't be fooled by the low cost! when it comes to light beers A-B knew what they where doing bringing this out...long before bud light or select. enjoy a cold natural light and be happy you saved a few of your hard earned $. (682 characters)

3.35/5  rDev +72.7%

Very pale yellow beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma is fresh and light as is the taste.A good fit for the light lager category.Refreshing and smooth as water.The perfect fit to a summertime party.I always have and always will drink this.An AB classic. (254 characters)

3.35/5  rDev +72.7%

A: nothing great here, pale yellow, decent carbonation.

S: a little bitter and plain, corny

T: honestly it surprised me that this adjunct lager could even moderately hold up to the title of pilsner

M: Thin and carbonated, like a diet soda.

D: hell, its college beer, its impossible to imagine anything easier to pound down (326 characters)

3.35/5  rDev +72.7%

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a half-liter beer glass.

Appearance: Pours with a very active, fizzy head. Perfect pour into the glass creates a nearly four-finger head which balloons just over the top of the glass. Beer is straw-colored, perhaps just a degree lighter in color than its contemporaries. Very light carbonation visible in the glass.

Smell: Not bad at all. Slightly sweet, grassy or earthy aroma. Almost no malt presence and very light on the hops. A hint of lemon-type flavor to the nose. Mostly unobtrusive, but better than average, I suppose.

Taste: Perfectly average. Hops are a touch more pronounced here, but not by much. This is a very plain drinker...which, in a way, is a good thing. At least no flavor means it doesn't taste *bad*.

Mouthfeel: Light, as the name suggests. Not very crisp, unless served at or near freezing. Goes down smoothly leaving room for something else to entice the palate.

Drinkability: Good. You could easily drink several of these at a cold temperature (low ABV and light flavor). Good beer for a barbecue or other type of dinner.

I like Natty Light. It's not a great beer, but you get what you pay for, which is momentary refreshment, so I can't complain. (1,211 characters)

3.2/5  rDev +64.9%

I poured into a pint glass to two inches of white fluffy head. It is pale yellow and very clear. It smells sweet like all BMC's. There is hardly any taste. I get a slight bite from the carbonation. It is watery. Thanks to my buddy for leaving twenty of these in my fridge because I would have never bought this swill. It does go down like water though.

Cheers! (361 characters)

3.2/5  rDev +64.9%

When reviewed within the style this beer is fairly average. The only thing is, it is a little cheaper. I bought a sixer of this tonight for no other reason than I had a driver and this was the only thing in 16oz cans. I was wanting to get a little more than a standard six and this met that requirment. Pretty typical for the style. A camping session beer for sure. (365 characters)

3.2/5  rDev +64.9%

Tasty Water. For a person who needs to drink more water, check this beer out. It's alcoholic water, but damn it's tasty and super fizzy. It's a very weak beer and serves it's purpose. It's for pounding back on those University pub pre-game nights and for cutting the grass out back. 12 cans is about 7 bucks US last I checked. A deal for sure and they're great for sessions I must add. It's not super boozy but alcoholic enough to give you what you want in a session. Cheers to Natural Light! (492 characters)

3.18/5  rDev +63.9%

I've had so many of these over the course of my college career that I eventually got to the point where I couldn't taste it anymore. It is a beginner's beer. It helps you adjust to having alcohol in your mouth and primes the tastebuds for a lifetime of better beers. If you're into drink a lot, this fits the bill. If you're into drinking for enjoyment, you'd be better off finding something a bit more, uh, mature.

I can't deny where I came from, but I sure am glad I've "graduated" on to more diverse beers. (511 characters)

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch