Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 520 | Hads: 1,988
1.27/5  rDev -30.2%

I think we can all agree that this beer only has one purpose... Getting hammered. I really think it's only good use is for beer pong or drinking games. Again, this is only a good choice if you're looking to drink beer in large quantities. Do not food pair this beer.

1.27/5  rDev -30.2%

Hmm, Beer Advocate wouldn't let me choose beer bong as a serving type...just kidding, sort of. Actually...poured from a keg into our beer pitcher and thereafter into my solo cup for college pubnite...solo cup promptly has a keg cap dropped in it and I proceed to chug the first of a number of these for the evening. As much as Natty may have tried, it didn't keep me from graduating with flying colors this past May...though I should say Natty may have resulted in a number of other colors flying out of me at various times over the years...

Appearance- Pale, pale, pale jaundiced yellow as it slides its way out of the tap into our pitcher. Is this beer or watery-ass lemonade? Surprisingly it pours with about four fingers of massive, quickly dying head into our pitcher. Oh wait...this isn't surprising because this keg is self serve and no-one apparently knows not to over-pump the keg...regardless, the head is gone almost as soon as it appears, so maybe it was just a figment of my imagination anyway.

Smell- Mmmm, mmmm, smells like a big handful of corn and sweaty pocket change. Metal and adjunct is all I really get from the nose on this beast. Can't say I like it, but can't really say it has much a smell at all to be honest.

Taste- So, when I was a child I lived on a farm in the midwest and we had our own well. One time after coming back from vacation in the summer, the well had settled with a lot of iron and the water was hard as hell and tasted like it has been soaking in copper pennies. If you took that water, carbonated it, tossed in some lead paint chips, and added some cheap alcohol, that's pretty much Natty. Seriously though, this beer is watery and its primary flavors when they actually show through are corn, adjunct, metal, and an odd sickly sweetness. Bleh.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability-Well, if you like bad tasting carbonated water, then this is drinkable as anything else I guess...thin, nonexistent body and extremely high carbonation. One of the worst ways to get drunk...I'm glad I found BA by my sophomore year in college...

Overall, there's really no reason to drink this beer except to get drunk. And even at that, there are other better macros at the same price scale. Hope to never drink this beer again.

1.26/5  rDev -30.8%

Here's another non-biased view on yet another of the trailer park classics brew. My last was Natty Ice, it actually halfway decent regarding alcohol content and taste. So I decided to pick this up at CVS for $5 A 12'er. I usually don't buy light beer, but this was a new brand.

Poured yellow clear with 1/4 inch head and no lacing, appeared very watery. Taste was aluminum and water, very boring. No smell, none, except that of aluminum. Mouthfeel was like club soda with a hint of beer. You're going to piss 20 times before you're drunk.

Overall this beer ranks at the bottom 1%. The worst I've had besides Lacrosse Light. I would buy Natty Ice over this anyday, dont waste your time.

1.26/5  rDev -30.8%

Poured into a plastic cup while playing beer pong.

As a general rule, I only play beer pong with good beer. The exception was this. I had heard so many awful things that I just had to try it. Appearance is light, no head or lacing. Smells barely of corn and cereal. Taste is same. No flavor. Mouthfeel is light crisp.

Overall: Never again.

1.26/5  rDev -30.8%

Pale yellow body, no head. Aroma? What aroma? Watery cabbage flavor with a touch of metallic bitterness. Thin, watery feel; dry finish.

Piss poor appearance, aroma like tap water, disagreeable taste for beer. Yep. This is a poor excuse for beer. I pity those who drink this swill in order to minimize calories. There are so many other fine tasting, low calorie beers out there. I just can't fathom why anyone would opt for this loser brew when there are plenty of tasty alternatives.

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

Wow, I can't imagine anyone drinking this for the flavor because there is none. Horrible, but still not as bad as Corona or Bud for the simple fact that the carbonation overpowers any Beer flavor at all.

A: Not to be cliche but piss color. No lacing and a microscopic amount of head.

S: I really had a hard time smelling anything. Aluminum and faint barley.

T: The carbonation dominates the flavor of the beer completely. Bitter taste of hops and barley, no depth or real beer flavor at all. It tastes like soda water and Bud Light.

M: Once again, the carbonation leaves a fizzy feeling on your tongue, almost like after drinking really fresh cold Diet Coke.

D: I give it a 2 for the simple reason that the carbonation hides most of the flavor of the beer, thus slightly easier to chug down. I would still probably gag if I had to drink more of that crap though. Great beer if you want to get wasted.

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

Natural Light is one of those beers thats associated with any college party in my general area simply because its usually one of the cheapest if not the cheapest cases of beer you can buy.

Pouring the beer either from a bottle or tap gives a slight, maybe 1cm head for about 1 minute before it fades into a rather urine looking substance.

It simply looks like piss, and its taste and mouthfeel are also probably quite similar to piss. Its only feature is a nonexistant smell, which I cannot decide is a benefit or detriment to its overall rating.

Stay far, far away from this liquid..

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

Went to a friends house to watch football last night and he had a case of this. Never had one before and I never will again. The worst swill I've ever put in my body. It is reminiscent of a drink that you drank most of but there's a few sips at the bottom mixed with the ice water and you try to drink that watery crap. I could barely finish the can and could not drink another until I had 4 16oz of PBR. It was that bad. The color really looks like faint yellow piss, what head the swill has flattens in seconds, the immediate taste is watery beer and the lingering flavors are of aluminum and morning breath. I wouldn't touch this ever again willingly.

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

Wow, I cant believe I used to drink kegs of this at college parties.

A- Looked like someone pissed in a cup who drank a lot of club soda

S- It smells like old flat beer without any flavor

T- Watery with a hint of piss and stale grain, this beer tastes fake

M- Highly carbonated and bubbly

D- Used to drink a lot but I don't know how I did it. Maybe that's why I used hate beer

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

If you drink this, you are purely intending to get inebriated. As a college student, I see this a lot; but I cannot drink it. It's very easy to drink, however. But it's basically water. I don't think A-B intended it to be a good brew, just to be drank in mass consumption.

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

To be quite honest, I haven't had this beer in a long, long time. However, I can assure you that the taste is seared into my taste buds and brain tissue as though a red hot brand had been applied to those areas.

The drink of choice amongst college students, primarily because a 24 pack could be had for the change found in most fraternity common area couches.

A weird corn/dirt aftertaste, carbonated to the hilt, and a mouthfeel and consistency that resembles water. So. Bad. Only the truly legendary Gluek Ice stands out more clear in my mind as an example of a terrible macro lager.

But, so many good memories. . .

1.24/5  rDev -31.9%

A: light straw that looks like vegetable water that previous embraced a thick artichoke, thin and watery with urine notes

S: a cloying corn sweetness, with notes of some mild plastics and/or copper

T: It is like evian with drop of malt extract added, very light and with a mild vegetable finish on the palate

D: This beer soars in this aspect in the regard that it will take you about 4 of these to get you anywhere near a respectable beer will make you feel, with the offset being taste, embarrassment, and latent shame in the endeavor

M: incredibly light and it is forgotten before it is swallowed. it serves a purpose and I have outlived this purpose and this beer is of little utility to me.

1.24/5  rDev -31.9%

On tap in a shaker pint. Ordered on a whim when I saw it was on special for a dollar.

Pours out exceedingly pale, with a wispy white head that was dying even as the server was walking it over to me. It disappears altogether very quickly, leaving something that looks like a glass of white grape juice. No lacing at all.

Perhaps I should be thankful there isn't a wonderful head to carry the aromas skyward, because they aren't exactly a treat for the nose. Watered down cooked mixed vegetables with a hint of sweet cereal grains.

Speaking of watered down, the taste of this "beer" is ridiculous. Watery with some vague sweet grain, perhaps a bit of cooked corn, a dash of skunkiness. Let it warm up at your peril, because it only gets worse from there.

If ever there was a beer in need of vigorous carbonation, this is the one. Sadly, it's damned near flat as a pancake by the time I've choked down half the glass.

I'm not one to bash on all fizzy yellow beers just because (see my reviews of Hamm's and Schlitz), but this stuff was wretched. When I told Ryan011235 I thought I paid $0.90 too much, his response was, "they should have paid YOU a dollar". That's probably the only way I'd ever drink it again.

1.23/5  rDev -32.4%

Drank this straight from the can I was given (no i didn't buy it). Tastes metallic and grainy. Doesn't do a lot for the tastebuds. The carbonation is more overpowering than the flavor. It's just swill anyway, another I would say "don't buy" to.

1.22/5  rDev -33%

A-the beer has no head, no lacing, piss color, carbonation bubbles

S-smells like metal

T-extremely watery, somewhat easy to drink, carbonated

M-somewhat carbonated, feels like water

This beer is horrible. Just as bad as Bud Light. Very easy to take considering it's like water, but with an awful taste.

1.22/5  rDev -33%

12oz can poured into a pint glass. Bottom of can stamped 28OCT11. Identical to the bottled version.

Appearance - Ultra clear pale straw body. Thin white lace with no retention and minimal stick.

Smell - Very mild hop. A bit more than you'd get from Bud Light, but not very much. Dry and musky.

Taste - Stale bubble gum that lost its sweetness. Mild cardboard hop and slight alcoholic astringency.

Mouthfeel - Almost no effervescence; flat. Light bodied. Kinda sticky.

Overall Drinkability - Nothing particularly offensive, but almost completely character-less.

1.22/5  rDev -33%

Natural Light pours like your typical pale lager. The color is straw gold. There was no smell to speak of, none at all. The taste was bland and boring. Honestly, this beer felt like water in my mouth; oh that's right it IS water with food coloring added. My grandmother drinks this beer like its going out of style. She always has a 30 pack of it on hand.

1.21/5  rDev -33.5%

Ok where do I start on this beer. The beer was served cold and in a pint glass.

Appearance: The beer pours a pale fizzy yellow. The head is white about 1/4 inch and quickly resolves.

Smell: The aromas from my glass are a metalic cooked veggie water smell. Not good.

Taste: The beer has a bit of sweetness this combines with the flavor of the can. Again not good.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability: The beer has a thin body. The carbonation is active and helps the beer but its still not good. This beer is little more than an alcohol delivery system and not particularly good at that.

1.21/5  rDev -33.5%

[Appearance]: Very pale yellow color, clear, some carbonation, little to no head, leaves a dash of lacing on the glass.
[Smell]: No aroma, maybe some hint of sweet grain, otherwise there's nothing.
[Taste]: Very bland! any malts? no! any hops? no! any adjunct? no! My god! There's no taste in this beer!
[Mouthfeel]: Thin body, but kinda crisp, lots of carbonation, leaves a dry aftertaste.
[Drinkability]: Drinkability is way below average.

1.21/5  rDev -33.5%

Pours a crystal clear yellow, the color of a nice wheatfield (which probably contributed no ingredients to this brew), with a mountainous white head that quickly receeded to a thin cloud across the top.

Aroma reminds me of opening that box of Lucky Charms that you opened a couple of months ago to eat all the marshmellows and forgot you put the rest of it back in the cabinet (try it with Shiner Bock, breakfast of champions!), mixed with a nice metallic aroma.

Taste seems a bit like those Lucky Charms, too, for a second, then it switches gears to that 'just-got-a-metal-filling-from-the-dentist' aftertaste. Crisp feel, about like half-flat sparkling water (haven't seen that around in a while).

If drinkablity means being able to swig this swill all night long with no regrets in the morning, it's a five... Well, maybe not the 'no regrets' part. If drinkability means being able to enjoy drinking this beer all night long, well, yeah...

1.2/5  rDev -34.1%

A - Very light color, almost looks like ginger ale.
S - None to Speak Of
T - Very little to speak of, basically Beer flavored water
M - This bubbly beer makes for a refreshing drink, but only because of the carbonation
D - Okay if you're drinking on the cheap, or buying for a mass quantity of people

1.2/5  rDev -34.1%

Disclaimer: You MUST drink this beer ice-cold. If not, don't bother at all. Poured from a tall boy ($1.39) into a fat flute.

Appearance: Clear piss color. Almost water... Just about completely transparent.

Smell: Contaminated water.

Taste: There's certainly *something* in there that isn't water, but it's hard to tell.

Mouthfeel: Lightest beer ever.

Overall: If this is all you can afford, don't drink tonight. The only redeeming quality I could really mention about this "beer" is that I could drink it at a moderate pace probably all day and not get myself into trouble. If it's 100 degrees out, and it's under ice in your cooler, and no one else contributed to the beer fund that day, forcing you to take care of it all, it MIGHT be an acceptable choice. MAYBE.

1.2/5  rDev -34.1%

It's not easy to be worse than Natty Ice. But this beer has done it. The quality is bottom of the barrel. Clear light yellow with absolutly no head. The smell was non existant. The taste was very much like rice and a bit of a ginger ale taste. I couldn't finish the whole thing. Nasty stuff.

1.2/5  rDev -34.1%

A real cheap college freshman standby. I've unfortunately had more than a few of these, but now I will actually analytically criticize this piece.

A - Looks somewhat like carbonated urine. It is not visually appealing at all. It looks somewhat like a beer right when poured, but the head dissipates quickly, leaving a sorry excuse for beer.

S - Smells faintly like malted corn, and husky, lousy aroma. Not too special in this department.

T - What taste? I am surprised this is allowed to be called beer as it is essentially carbonated H2O.

M - Mouthfeel of coca-cola... real special.

D - Well, it is also possible to drink your own urine. I guess if I had the choice, I would choose natty light.

Overall, a cheap light beer with little flavor and one designed for mass consumption.

1.2/5  rDev -34.1%

I picked it up a can of this as a joke because my friend asked for water to I got both and handed him the natty light. Yeah My band just got down playing a show outside very hot and tired so I didn't want to put it back. I opened it up drank half of it could not stand it so I poured it out. Yes this beer lacks in so many areas. It looks like urine. With a smell that I can't put my finger on but it sure is offensive. Tastes like nothing at all. Very very very light watery mouth feel. With a Drinkability that leads me to be able to choke one of these down once every 5 years.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch