Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
3.79/5  rDev +126.9%

Crisp, clean, refreshing with outstanding drinkability. Great while working on a hot day or cutting through greasy foods. This is the beer I drink instead of soda. This beer is NOT being reviewed with its "style in mind". It's being rated like it was competing against a IPA. Think of it as a beer flavored seltzer water. I drink beer every day with IPAs being my favorite category, I enjoy this beer because sometimes I want a LIGHT beer. Light on calories, taste, smell, and cost. Thank you Natural/Busch Light(I think they are the same?).

P.S. If you are looking for the head on this beer or even pouring it in a glass you missed the style of this type of beer

3.78/5  rDev +126.3%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

3.76/5  rDev +125.1%

Drank this the other day. Just a run of the mill cheap light beer. Thats all. It isn't bad nor good.

3.75/5  rDev +124.6%

Go to beer when your on a budget

3.7/5  rDev +121.6%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty.

3.56/5  rDev +113.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

An affordable beer with a light refreshing taste at the end of that nice gulp. It is frowned upon by many people I know BUT most of them have never even tried it, go figure! This beer to me is refreshing after a long day. You can drink many and not get too wasted. This is a nice beer to enjoy. Go drink one with a open mind.

3.55/5  rDev +112.6%

As a beer connoisseur, I can say that If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck, Natty light is definitely the way to go. If you're a starving college student like myself, you learn to appreciate it. Not the best, but I've had worse. Very drinkable! Perfect for beer pong

3.44/5  rDev +106%

3.4/5  rDev +103.6%

My first beer review.

I like to try every beer i can snag. Natural Light is the kind of beer that goes good one any occasion.

This beer this decent and very drinkable. It goes down good. It's cheap to buy and worth it. first time i drank this, month ago, was on a hot summer day playing bean bags.

The appearance is a simple yellowish color. Its very light and has little taste to it. Drinkable is great because i can drink this all day and dont get sick of it.

3.4/5  rDev +103.6%

Poured an ice-cold freshly brewed can into an 11oz glass 'borrowed' from the Anheuser-Busch Brewery tour hospitality room. Yellow, orange, golden egg color, very pale. (The exact same colors on a box of Camel Lights, if that helps). (Seriously, compare.) Large bubbles cover the sides. In general, it looks okay to me.

A hint of that Budweiser smell. Lightly sweet but more sour than Bud.

Average taste; nothing describable, but nothing unpleasant either. Slightly sour after taste that I quickly learned to enjoy.

Mouthfeel is a little too bubbly at first, but the carbonation disappears after a couple minutes. Mostly just feels cold and wet.

I find this beer extremely drinkable.

Notes: This review is probably a little biased from a financial standpoint. When I can I'll $10 or $12 for a six-pack, and my expectations are of course much higher. Had I paid say, $8.99 for a 12 pack of Natty Light, I might have been disappointed. Had I paid $6.99 for 12 I might have wanted a dollar back. But this beer cost me $4.99 for a pack brewed less than 10 days ago, and it lived up to, even exceeded my expectations. It's basically like drinking the 5 cent can of Wal-mart cola versus the real thing.

I think that one of the categories for rating beer should be "value".

I have no complaints. Although I'm not sure what exactly is "Natural" about this beer. It scores a 5 on the value scale.

3.38/5  rDev +102.4%

i believe many folk don't like this brew even before they taste it! if this beer cost more than bud light it would be the more popular beer without a doubt! this is the first light beer...which is brewed by A-B. how much time and $ do you think A-B put into this product before releasing it?? with the bottomless pockets of the number 1 brewery in the world you should know that they are going to do their research and put put out the best product they can! don't be fooled by the low cost! when it comes to light beers A-B knew what they where doing bringing this out...long before bud light or select. enjoy a cold natural light and be happy you saved a few of your hard earned $.

3.35/5  rDev +100.6%

Very pale yellow beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma is fresh and light as is the taste.A good fit for the light lager category.Refreshing and smooth as water.The perfect fit to a summertime party.I always have and always will drink this.An AB classic.

3.35/5  rDev +100.6%

A: nothing great here, pale yellow, decent carbonation.

S: a little bitter and plain, corny

T: honestly it surprised me that this adjunct lager could even moderately hold up to the title of pilsner

M: Thin and carbonated, like a diet soda.

D: hell, its college beer, its impossible to imagine anything easier to pound down

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch