1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Natural LightNatural Light

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
View: Beers (75) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 401-425 | 426-450 | 451-475  | next › last »
Ratings: 1,425 | Reviews: 474 | Show All Ratings:
WMBierguy

Maryland

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

What can I say? This is Natty, and it is not a beer drinker's beer. This is a beer for College students and homeless alcoholics. Very, VERY watery taste, not worth drinking unless you get it for free. Do yourself a favor and don't pour it into a glass. It will probably scare you away from it.

05-07-2003 21:30:09 | More by WMBierguy
Tballz420

Where to begin. I cant think. My buddy claimed that this is the most drinkable beer on the planet. I avoid this one like the plague. As for the shitty lights, this one is on the extreme end of the spectrum, bordering not even worth drinking for a buzz. My advice to anyone who is drinking beer just to feel good, stick with your bud heavy. If you gotta go light, keystone maybe?? shit they all suck

04-25-2003 23:58:16 | More by Tballz420
WVbeergeek

1.33/5  rDev -20.8%

Natural Light, just walk down Grant or McClaine in Morgantown and you will see this beer just about every place you look it seems unescapable down here. Well, my roomate had a party over the weekend and he offered me a leftover beer. According to him this beer isn't bad, and that he doesn't mind it well it appears a fizzy yellow not gold yellow with a quickly dissipating white head leaving drops of lace around the glass with each sip. The aroma has a very adjunct ridden aroma but it is almost bearable due to some detectable sweetness. I don't think this beer has any hops in it, when it comes down to it this beer is carbonated water flavored with "beer". If they sold a beer flavoring this would be it very dumbed down in flavor, aroma, and appearance designed for one thing mass consumption. It's not horrible tasting just there is nothing here worth tasting so, I guess for ten bucks a case this continues to be my peers drink of choice. The mouthfeel is seltza water definitely a poorly made beer that I could never have the urge for, and why drink a ton of this stuff all it will leave you is a bad hangover and a bloated stomach. Pass on the shitty beer if your trying to get drunk and grab a bottle of liquor some Jagermeister treats me much better than a case of Natty.

04-22-2003 11:55:33 | More by WVbeergeek
cbill

2.3/5  rDev +36.9%

ok, so this is my first review on the site, and being a college student i thought i should use the one beer that is most dear to me. I know everyone trashes this beer, and no its not a good beer, but when pitchers are $2.50 you can't pass it up. Very pale, clear in color, rank smell(should definately keep it in the can so you don't get a nosefull), and it tastes like water. However, it also goes down like water and is perfect for when drinking a lot or on hot days, i think i could take a water bottle of it when i run. so overall no its not a beer i'd crack open when i'm in the mood for a beer, but occasionally for the price its hard to beat.

04-22-2003 10:20:56 | More by cbill
stoutman

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Oh my God! I laugh at every redneck in standing in front of me at the store buying this crap for $6.99 a 12 pack in cans! This is straight piss! For people who can't afford anything else, if you have the extra $3 at least get a 12 pack of Michelob. Pure toilet water!

02-28-2003 19:39:19 | More by stoutman
CharlesRiver

Connecticut

1.43/5  rDev -14.9%

One word describes this beer for me, college. I think it was $4.25 for a 12 pack. I remember that my friend and I use to buy a twelve pack of Natty Light and a six pack of something better. That was the life six years ago.

No flavor, no smell, no aftertaste, just pale piss in a can. Don't bother, and if you have to then go for Pabst. This beer has no smell, no flavor and no taste.

Good day!

02-21-2003 19:31:28 | More by CharlesRiver
elmocoso

1.83/5  rDev +8.9%

When i poured this beer into a Pint glass i was amazed at how pale and stunningly clear it was. I actually coaxed quite a head out of it with a rough pour. The head was loosly knit and gastly pale. It was also soon gone. The color of the beer is a light, light gold.

The smell was not impressive, corny? i dont know. No detectable hops.

The taste and the mouthfeel are almost non-existant. They are not offinsive, but they are nothing more.

drinkablity? I guess if i was damn thirsty, it was hotter then hell out, and somebody had just spit in my mouth, i might choose this beer over a glass of cold Iced T or water for the sole reason that the alcohol in the beverage would do a better job at killing all of the harmful bacteria from the foreign spit.

02-16-2003 20:32:15 | More by elmocoso
Sidabeef7

2.5/5  rDev +48.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I am going to give this beer a generous 2.5 across the board for the simple fact that it is what fueled my freshman year of college. It has very little taste at all and it is very cheap as well. My friends and I buy case after countless case of this stuff to satisfy are drinking needs when we are broke. I buy the good stuff when I can, but it is nice to know there is always a twelve of natty waiting for me.

01-28-2003 18:07:39 | More by Sidabeef7
Frozensoul327

2.7/5  rDev +60.7%

Natty light... welcome back to college! This is the worst cheap beer i have ever had, yet sometimes i have a hankering to remember my college days and buy a 12 pack. It's very light yellow, has a sticky sweet nose and a short lived white formy head. The taste is, how can i put it? Nasty?It could be so much better if they just put more FLAVOR in it. This is a beer for those who don't like beer, and it is understandable why people don't like beer when beers such as this exsist.

EDIT: I like the low carbs, and the fact that this beer was made not to be amazing, but to be a light straight forward brew. I enjoy it on hot summer days. I drink it on cold winter nights. This is a cheap light beer, nothing more, nothing less. I know many will not agree with me and that's fine, but I can work with this brew. It's not great, but it is what it is, and I like it for what it is.

01-18-2003 16:11:41 | More by Frozensoul327
Shiloh

Ontario (Canada)

2.53/5  rDev +50.6%

This is not a pleasant beer to consume, there will be no joy in Mudville tonight if this is all there is......This product as imported into Canada in a quart bottle pours out very light with minimum head that disapates to nothing....it actually appears to be water after sitting for 5 minutes.....the taste is very thin with a slight bitterness which actually gives it a slight bit of character.....

01-10-2003 16:57:52 | More by Shiloh
JISurfer

South Carolina

1.33/5  rDev -20.8%

Ah yes, Natty Light, the official beer of poor college students! I think that this is the greatest beer in the world... if you like water and want to look "cool" by holding a can of "beer". Granted, down in my home state of SC, they are keepin' it real by donateing a share of the dinero to the Ace Basin water conservation program, so that is kosher in my book, even though they don't get much money from me. Anyways, to the taste! It brings a line from one of my favorite poems/Iron Maiden songs, "Water, Water everywhere, and not a drop to drink!" That's right, it's water with some yellow stuff in it and some alcohol in it. If you really want something that bad, just strain rubbing alcohol through a dirty sock and get the same effect!

12-17-2002 21:56:36 | More by JISurfer
Bruiser81

Kansas

2.4/5  rDev +42.9%

One of the best session beer's I've ever had. I can drink this stuff all night yet it has a plain taste and color. It didn't taste bad because it didn't taste at all. It's like tasting water. What is there to taste?

12-14-2002 15:45:50 | More by Bruiser81
alittlehazy

Kansas

1.85/5  rDev +10.1%

I usually don't drink this beer when im out for a night of heavy drinking but last night I grudgingly bought a 12 pack because you can't beat the price. Twelve pack done and the next morning was less hangover than gastro-intestinal hell. I wont go into details, but I will say that I took way more trips to the bathroom in the span of a morning than any human being should.

If its getting messed up you want, I'd take Bud Light or Keystone Light over this. They aren't much better but at least in my experience, not as hard on the belly.

11-24-2002 14:13:52 | More by alittlehazy
mickstepp

My rating says it all. Watery appearance. No aroma or taste worth noting. Mouthfeel is just as watery as it looks. Got stuck with a bottle of this at a party hosted by people who have no clue about beer. I actually couldn't finish it which says volumes because I'm usually not one to turn down a freebie. I'm not sure if it's the worst beer I've ever had because it has lots of competition but its got to be close.

11-11-2002 17:38:00 | More by mickstepp
BeerAngel

1.65/5  rDev -1.8%

Pours just barely yellow and ultra clear. I mean nearly as clear as pure water. It produced a soap bubble type head that is not impressive at all. The smell is grainy with a touch of sweet skunk...whatever that is. The head is gone now that I typed that...and I can type fast! Lots of bubbling action. A lemony wang at first taste and watered down something or another. Just not much there resembling beer. Light bodied...well actually extremely watery. Well, it's hard to say, but Cheers anyways!

09-27-2002 20:51:54 | More by BeerAngel
BeerBob

Nebraska

3.03/5  rDev +80.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Natural Light pours a peaked straw from a stubby 12oz brown twist off cap bottle. Head goes about two fingers and stays around for a few seconds.

Nose is a sharp astringent and palate is of the same, sharp and bitter astringent along with the bight of carbonation. No detectable saccharides, just sharp and bitter astringent.

Its another hot and humid day with the temperature at ninety six degrees and this macro is hitting the spot. I really don’t think that this Beer was meant to be picked over. I get the impression that this Beer is meant to have its top popped and just thrown back for the pure enjoyment of its being a cold wet conservatively priced Beer.

09-07-2002 14:38:09 | More by BeerBob
Beastdog75

1.93/5  rDev +14.9%

Next to the Beast, this is probably the ultimate frathouse beer, and hey, I saw Stone Cold Steve Austin drink one on tv not too far back. I decided to give it a try, knowing full well what I was getting into.

This beer is a very pale straw color, about the same as Bud Ice Light. I actually got a decent head on mine which lasted a minute before disappearing. It had a clean beer smell to it, even though it was a little sweet. This stuff had a very watery mouthfeel, and on the tip of the tongue it seemed almost sugary sweet. Elsewhere on the palatte, it had almost no taste. The taste it did have tasted almost of pure adjuncts with minimal malt. No hop presence whatsoever. As the beer warmed up, the aftertaste was dominated by a green apple taste. Not like Bud where you had to "search" for the green apple. I could almost swear there was no alcohol in this beer based on the taste. Goes down smooth, but the apple aftertaste might discourage some.

Anyway, this is the cheapest beer I've bought so far, at around $3.50 for six bottles. This beer solely exists for poor saps who want to get wasted, but it isn't too bad.

08-26-2002 22:52:48 | More by Beastdog75
LarryV

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I have to say that this is probably one of the worst beers I've had. Maybe if it were ice cold it would be somewhat drinkable, but as it warms up the slightest bit, it starts tasting nastier and nastier. Very light in color, body - hard to get a whole can of this down really. But if your goal is cheap beer that will get you drunk, then I guess this one would fit that bill.

08-08-2002 03:32:13 | More by LarryV
Wildman

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Okay, the continuation of confessions. In my drinking of Budweiser at friends parties, I have had this on occasion. I consider this to be worse than Bud Light, which is practically water. I wish the macros would get light beer down before I have to worry about my weight.

06-01-2002 22:16:36 | More by Wildman
budgood1

1.53/5  rDev -8.9%

i didn't buy this...it was offered today under a clear blue sky and warm sunny conditions. i drank a sixer and just got tired. if you can believe it this was my first try at Natty Light. there are a lot of cheap swill beers that are better, so why even bother? it does slide down pretty easy though...for a crap beer. deserving of the top spot of worst beers.

05-27-2002 18:17:25 | More by budgood1
IrishRedRock

2.83/5  rDev +68.5%

Nattie Light is truly the staple of college campuses everywhere. Cheap beers are usually pretty bad, and Nattie is no different. Yet Nattie Light is the best of the worst. It's a college party beer, thats it. And although it looks really strange, Nattie Light does come in a bottle. You usually will be questioned because it looks all sophisticated (wow Nattie in a bottle?!?) Don't be fooled though, when you thought it couldnt get any worse, it does out of the bottle. Stick with that trashy silver can and before you know it you will be able to pound plenty of this swill.

04-23-2002 17:38:27 | More by IrishRedRock
Pegasus

1.18/5  rDev -29.8%

No. How's that for a succinct review? This beer lacks any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Wait, I suppose that it could give sparkling water a run for its money. A very pale straw color with an odd grain aroma, and a subdued head. Very little flavor, just a faint note of hops at the finish and stinging carbonation.

04-03-2002 19:34:31 | More by Pegasus
aracauna

Georgia

1.85/5  rDev +10.1%

I can't stand bad beer. I refuse to drink crappy beer. There's no point in wasting your money on bad beer when you can get drunk for less on cheap liquor. That being said, when the beer has no flavor and goes down like water, it makes it better than most bad beers. At least I can get it down without my gag reflex being triggered. Budweiser and Southpaw Light trip the reflex around the last third of the can/bottle/cup and I'm being serious.

03-28-2002 11:34:07 | More by aracauna
Jason

1.35/5  rDev -19.6%

Presentation: 12 oz light silver can with a "Born On Date" on the bottom of the can. 110 calories for a light beer.

Appearance: Pale oh so pale yellow, perhaps the palest beer of them all. Thank the beer gods cause there is a head, thin as paper but there is a head.

Smell: Odd cooked grain and cereal aroma, a bit of dirt in the nose also ... not earth but dirt, perhaps the metallic aroma from the can and the cooked veggie smell?

Taste: Thin body, thin malt. Crisp with a tonic like carbonation and a scarcely smooth mouth feel. Extremely faint malt flavour, cereal grains are more noticeable. Hops are nearly negligible and the only reason they even are present in the flavour threshold is that there is barely any malt flavour. On the dry side with a weird thin flash of sweetness that seems forced. The after taste consists of pretty much nothing except a very faded grain and corn taste.

Notes: Where's the beer? Light beers are light beers but this is on the verge of not even being beer.

09-15-2001 23:33:27 | More by Jason