Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
jdubjacket

Georgia

1.05/5  rDev -37.5%

Forgot how bad this beer was. Last time I had it was about 4 years ago in college. Pours a pale yellow with not much of a head. Looks like water with some pale ale mixed in. Smells like grain and...well nothing. Taste is bland, and nearly non-existent. Aftertaste is pretty awful though. I'm not sure this can be classified as beer, but I suppose it has to be since they check your ID when you buy it...

07-15-2008 02:59:38 | More by jdubjacket
hulmanite

Iowa

1.05/5  rDev -37.5%

Okay, apparently they decided they needed a "light" version of their already rancid beer. I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but this could possible be the worst tasting piss water in existence. I mean, thats what I thought it was. Then someone told me that I was drinking beer and I was like "HOLY SHIT?"

Seriously though, this is just as bad as Busch Light and Corona Light. They all reek of fermenting cereal grains and rat shit, and its actually a wonder why they taste like water and not sewage.

05-27-2004 23:20:47 | More by hulmanite
b3shine

1.05/5  rDev -37.5%

Can (like there's a difference). The appearance is it's best attribute; and it was unimpressive. The rest smells, tastes, and feels like (what I imagine to be) horse piss. Here's a tip: you're that hard up, go for Steel Reserve. Or better yet, quit drinking.

05-04-2011 20:36:50 | More by b3shine
92jAKe47FS

Louisiana

1.05/5  rDev -37.5%

Yeah I think newcastleme said it for me. This beer has one purpose, to bring to an AA meeting and throw it in middle of the circle and see who wins. No don't do that, but that is all this beer is worth. I had this beer once for beer pong and when it started to get about room temperature; I almost threw up.

07-21-2010 18:28:29 | More by 92jAKe47FS
tanzaniakate

Washington

1.05/5  rDev -37.5%

Our neighbor, who turns down beer that's "beery beer," drinks this stuff when he's running out of money at the end of the month.

I couldn't actually see it, since it was in a can, so I don't know what the appearance is, so I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. If it were mindblowingly delicious, it would have an appearance of 5 with a vivacious straw-color and a luminescent transparency. Appearance doesn't mean squat anyway.

Tastes like metal, smells like metal, what more do you want?

11-28-2008 02:51:18 | More by tanzaniakate
tylerss20

New Hampshire

1.08/5  rDev -35.7%

This is piss-poor stuff. Easily my most forgettable beer experience. Anecdote: some friends and I were filming a student film and needed a can as a prop. All we had was a handful of change, so we bought one 23 oz. can of Natty Light. It was a dry campus, so the can to be empty since we were filming outside. No one wanted to drink it before we got back to campus, so we dumped it out in the parking lot of the grocery store. THAT’S HOW BAD IT IS.

I don’t understand the "this beer does its job" comments. Yeah it’s cheap, but if what you want is to get drunk, you can get a lot more hooch on the dollar with cheap whiskey.

11-18-2011 21:08:32 | More by tylerss20
rudolphjacksonm

1.08/5  rDev -35.7%

A - Pours a pale straw-yellow if not lighter with a teensy head that remains for mere seconds. Very carbonated. Probably the only thing that gives this higher than a one. 1.5.

S - Corn, diacetyl, metal, and...dare I say it...urine. Really unpleasant. 1.0

T - Watery taste with so much carbonation, all you can really taste at first is yeast, corn, and stale malt/hops. Metal from the can (or some other source) makes this nearly undrinkable. 1.0

M - Almost painfully fizzy and carbonated. Once the beer warms up in your mouth it becomes flat and almost tepid. Meant to go down your gullet, not stay in your mouth. Does go down easy though. 1.5

O - If you're looking to drink something and drink it fast, go for Natural Light. Otherwise, you can get much better options for relatively the same price. 1.0

11-10-2011 01:18:32 | More by rudolphjacksonm
woodske1

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

Another terrible beer from Anheuser-Busch. I wonder if they ever taste what they make?

From the smell to the aftertaste it is terrible. It tastes nothing like "Beer". It is bottled and cheap...that's about it. No hop aroma or taste, prolly none used.

03-03-2009 16:20:09 | More by woodske1
thekanna

Maryland

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

Appearance: Pale, clear yellow, just struggling for some color to distinguish it from water.

Smell: Smelling this is like trying to discern the smell of seltzer water. Faint yeasts, but nothing there to really notice.

Taste: This is like Corona Light Light. If you think Corona Light had no flavor, then imagine what this tastes like. Very faint malts and a metallic, cooked-veggie taste are there, but they're barely discernible because they're so diluted. Its ridiculous amount of carbonation tries to mask the fact that it has practically nothing. If Bud was your average Ford Focus, this would be like giving you a steering wheel, a broken transmission, and detached trunk full of dead squirrels. Start walking.

Drinkability: Chuggable, but even then I have a hard time chugging this because it's just so bad.

12-09-2008 04:36:36 | More by thekanna
Amalak

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

I had out of a can while playing flip cup and a friends house...is there any other way?

While I don't even think it's worth going through, it slightly yellow tinted water with a skunky kind of scent.

It is so sour, skunk, it just is plain bad, unless your already ripped. I'm sure I'm not stating anything too ground breaking.

08-06-2009 15:56:56 | More by Amalak
Gusler

Arizona

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

Well as much as I detest these beers, I was given one today, and as I always try to be polite, I accepted it, it’s been like 4 years since I sampled one, so what’s the harm.

The beer as it pours from the 12 ounce aluminum can, forms a transparent gold color with a bright white head and the lace a very thin sheet to cover the glass. Nose is all malt, sweet, fresh and crisp to the senses, start is lightly sweet, some malt noticed, the top is cadaverous. Finish has a benign acidity, the hops negligible, very dry, guess its better than dying of thirst, but only barely.

04-25-2004 22:54:37 | More by Gusler
Phatz

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

This beer is truly awful and as cheep as it may be it is still not worth it. It tastes and smells dirty and rotten. It doesn't even have the flavors of beer in it. There is no grain malt or hops just rain water that ran through your filthy gutter on the house all cluttered with rotting leaves when it cam out of the rain spout it was put in a can an pushed on me as beer. A few sips was as much as I could handle. This is (at the moment) my worst beer experience. Worse than another skunked beer I've had. Yet Josh drank several cans and I assume that it what the crap always tastes like. I just got a Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot and a snifter glass and sipped my one beer while he finished off the six cans.
Avoid.
Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

09-05-2006 08:47:39 | More by Phatz
cptnjck101

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

This is quite possibly the worst American beer on the planet. I realize many people grow up on this stuff and everyone needs to start their beer drinking somewhere, but this shit is rancid. I myself used to drink this stuff by the bucket in my early college days, and in hindsight I should have just taken shots of something and saved myself the trouble.

05-19-2004 22:11:05 | More by cptnjck101
granger10

Wisconsin

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

I really tried hard to drink this with a straight face but I simply couldn't. I poured it into my glass and it looked like water with a slight amount of piss or something light yellow in there. Not really any head or carbonation showing. Smelled nothing. Tasted nothing. I got out a glass of water and drank them side by side. Almost no difference, I'm not joking. Terrible stuff. Might be good for beer pong if you're too poor to buy Busch light or High Life. This is not good.

09-15-2005 13:13:14 | More by granger10
CU570M

Washington

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

Appearance was almost clear, poured with a tiny head. Had a light smell almost like water. Almost as flavorful as water. Thin like water. Here is the point, water is just as available and also cheaper. I have so few things to write about this, just because i don't know how to explain a flavorless beer.

01-03-2008 21:05:54 | More by CU570M
x63x77

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

First off I would like to say. OH! I have consumed more of this beer by volume than any other (Football Weekends, generic house parties etc.). Never once did I think, "this is good". My usually thought was, "well, it's a free keg, why not". While tapped keg sitting in a bucket of ice on someone's porch is the most common arangement. I have also had this from the can, and I once saw a bottle, but avoided it like the plauge.

Tapped keg, red plastic party glass (For the record I never used a blue one).

Appearance: Watery, light yellow.

Smell: Awful, zero noise, with chemical and metallic undertones.

Taste: Absolutely terrible, the second worst beer I have ever drank, the only thing redeeming is if it gets really really cold, you can drink it without thinking about it.

Mouth Feel: Pure carbonation at first, this beer much have more CO2 in it than the exhaust system of a Hummer. By the end of the glass, absolutely flat.

Drinkability: Better than gasoline, but at 4.2% really avoid it unless it is free.

06-21-2009 04:22:16 | More by x63x77
WMBierguy

Maryland

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

What can I say? This is Natty, and it is not a beer drinker's beer. This is a beer for College students and homeless alcoholics. Very, VERY watery taste, not worth drinking unless you get it for free. Do yourself a favor and don't pour it into a glass. It will probably scare you away from it.

05-07-2003 21:30:09 | More by WMBierguy
BMan1113VR

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

One beer I will rate from memory. . .what a nightmare! Other than price this beer has absolutely no reedeming qualitys. Looks bad, smells worst, believe it or not tastes and goes down worse than that! This beer is seriously seriously bad! Keystone or Natty Light? Neither, would rather not having anything to drink these days.

02-07-2008 16:28:22 | More by BMan1113VR
jvajda

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

Appearance: Less color that piss. Like diluted corn or something. Small fizzy head.
Smell: Adjuncts galore.
Taste: More corn or rice than anything else besides water. It's disgusting but rates slightly higher than other beers of it's class because it has the least flavor of them all. It's discraceful that that makes it better.
Mouthfeel: Watery.
Drinkability: More drinkable than Beast and Stone, for what it's worth.

09-14-2004 01:44:23 | More by jvajda
mjc410

Vermont

1.13/5  rDev -32.7%

In a 12 oz can. Not exactly willing to pour this, as it's a 'swill and drop' beer. I try not to smell it often, but it does have a metallic nose that fights somewhat with it's negligible grain scent. THe taste is more bite that it is hops and malt. The beer is light on the flavors it should have, and not at all smooth. A staple at PSU Fraternity parties, and what one must drink if they want to drink for free.

02-17-2005 16:57:21 | More by mjc410
packetknife

Idaho

1.13/5  rDev -32.7%

A friend on mine from Florida thought it'd be nice to remind me what it was like back in the boons. I got to pour it out in a flimsy plastic cup and I'm not sur if it was transparent or not but it was sure close even with it's overly fluffy useless smelly head. It smelled like preserve or something, I can't place it. I guess if it's server near freezing you won't notice it has NO friggin' taste. I'd be better off using it as solvent. Water thin at best. Really bad beer. Amazing I ever had some even years ago and didn't notice.

06-17-2005 11:13:20 | More by packetknife
zeff80

Missouri

1.13/5  rDev -32.7%

A - Sadly this is the best part, maybe the pilsner glass helped the appearance, too. It was a light, golden yellow color with a fizzy, white 2+ finger head. No lace.

S - It smelled of adjuncts, corn and a foul sour funk/skunk.

T - It tasted bitter, not a hop bitter, a bad bitter. Corn and adjuncts.

M - It was thin, watery, and weak. A very light bodied beer.

D - A good reminder of why I only drink this at relatives houses.

10-31-2008 02:21:11 | More by zeff80
Redwood21

1.13/5  rDev -32.7%

i had this with a group of college friends, even did it the honor of pouring it into a glass....what waste, such a bad beer. it can usually enjoy bad beers, in a different way. sometimes a budlight is "ok" that said i wouldnt choose them, if given an option, and i wouldnt drink this again if it was free and i was drunk. awful, in its lacking of anything. usually i put drinkability high on these beers because you can pack them back...not this beer i stopped after the first went to food lion, and got something else

05-30-2007 03:15:40 | More by Redwood21
CrazGreek

Indiana

1.13/5  rDev -32.7%

I won't even bother to break down the categories on this one. Not much to say. Drank it once and I'll never touch it again. It looks like any other piss-water beer, and smells and tastes worse. Who decided a disgusting, watered down cheap-o beer needed a light version? I would use this trash as weed killer if I wasn't worried about it poisoning the soil.

Overall: Don't touch it unless you're a penniless, pathetic drunk with no standards for your beer.

04-29-2011 03:37:08 | More by CrazGreek
rye726

Colorado

1.13/5  rDev -32.7%

The natty light. Don't expect anything but light from this guy. It shares all the great macro lager characteristics.

Pale yellow/piss color. Weak tan head.

Smell is grainy and yeasty.

Taste is very light. Some malts syrup mixed in with the grains and bitter hops.

Fell is light. Overly carbonated.

I will probably never drink this again. Even if it is free. Sorry Busch, but step it up... Yea right.

05-05-2008 17:49:09 | More by rye726