Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,931 | Reviews: 571
2.56/5  rDev +52.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Natural Light basically tastes like beer mixed with water.
Fairly nice appearance for such a cheap macro, and easy to drink, even in large quantities, but tastes like water and adjuncts.
Very well carbonated, that's about all there is to it.
Were it not for the slightly malty flavor in the finish, I would have thought I was drinking club soda.

3.2/5  rDev +90.5%

When reviewed within the style this beer is fairly average. The only thing is, it is a little cheaper. I bought a sixer of this tonight for no other reason than I had a driver and this was the only thing in 16oz cans. I was wanting to get a little more than a standard six and this met that requirment. Pretty typical for the style. A camping session beer for sure.

2.13/5  rDev +26.8%

All right, I know it is horrible to review this beer because we all already know (at least, if you went to college) how much Natty Light reminds you of piss water. But, regardless of what people say this is a lager, and you can make it so with a trick I learned when I finally could not stand Natty on its own anymore.

First, pour the Natty into a cup, preferably plastic. Next, take one to two shots of Jagermeister and pour this in. Mix the two, and Voila! You get the taste of a strong lager. Its artificial, its truly cheap, but it works if you are on a budget

This worked for me for 2 years in college. I suggest you try it just once if you are broke, or just for laughs. BeerMail me and let me know if this works for you too

1.9/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Well I'm a college student, and as far as "cheap beer" goes, Natty Light is by far the best. Its also good beer to have around for women who dont like beer, since it tastes like water. It literally has no beer taste to it at all. Its "beer flavored water" that will get you drunk. Now that im 21, ive started drinking good beers for a change, but when I want something cheap to chug, Natty is #1. Why pay 4-5 bucks more for Bud/Coors etc. if natty light is $11.

2.99/5  rDev +78%

When I was a freshman in college I thought this beer was awsome. It tastes like water and it goes down like water.

Now that I truely appreciate beer, the naty light isn't all that good anymore. But I will say it's chugability (is that even a word?) is excellent, not to mention it's cheap. It's the best starter beer to drink when your a noob freshman in college.

2.1/5  rDev +25%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

This is the perfect beer for drinking games. It's drinkable in high volumes and doesn't have the low ABV of most light beers. The taste is watery but has more bite to it than a Coors Light or Keystone Light. Regardless, I would avoid it unless you're on a very tight budget or looking to relive your college years.

3.1/5  rDev +84.5%

it would be hard for me to give any other reviews of the beer, seeing as my serving type or (method) was the classic "shotgun." If you want to get drunk on a budget...GO NATTY!!! b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

2.28/5  rDev +35.7%

Poured a pretty clear with a hint of gold. Created a short head, that evaporated before I could even right this down. The head did not seem soft, it looked a bit rough.

It had a faint buttery smell.

The little taste was faint and sweet.

It felt watery, and saturated much like a water.

Natural Light is extremely easy to consume, much like a Sprite. I don't particulary want another one, but I probably will :)

1.1/5  rDev -34.5%

This beer is truly awful and as cheep as it may be it is still not worth it. It tastes and smells dirty and rotten. It doesn't even have the flavors of beer in it. There is no grain malt or hops just rain water that ran through your filthy gutter on the house all cluttered with rotting leaves when it cam out of the rain spout it was put in a can an pushed on me as beer. A few sips was as much as I could handle. This is (at the moment) my worst beer experience. Worse than another skunked beer I've had. Yet Josh drank several cans and I assume that it what the crap always tastes like. I just got a Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot and a snifter glass and sipped my one beer while he finished off the six cans.
Avoid.
Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

1.85/5  rDev +10.1%

I remember how cheap a case of this was back in college. Now I realize why. Pours a ugly headless yellow color with no lacing but lots of carbonation. Nose is slightly astringent and loaded with adjuncts. Not much good to say.

No one discernable favor, just a watery body with neither hop nor malt taking the lead role but instead the h20. If water is the strongest taste in your beer.. change the ingredients...

Mouthfeel is somewhat refreshing but still doesn't stand up at all in the mouth. Carbonation is also a killer. Not worth any more than the slightest of efforts. More good beer stores needed in Harnett County.

2.25/5  rDev +33.9%

Pours pale yellow with fizzy white head. Smells grainy, lots of adjucts. Doesn't taste like much of anything other than vague graininess, its not unpleasant though. Very light bodied. I have to give it an average drinkability rating, its not good but its ok as a session beer. I wouldn't reccomend it as any type of craft beer, but its cheap and drinkable. Not to mention, its not really any different from any other light beer.

1.8/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a weak golden color with minimal head. Aroma is grainy and of stale bread. Mouthfeel is the best part of this beer, but is far from impressive. I drank this by the gallon in college, but will now will only drink it again if nothing else is available at the time.

1.82/5  rDev +8.3%

Poured a very very light yellow color. Lightest beer I have ever seen.

Taste was bad. Super carbonated, with a strange after taste. I had to question why they would call this beer. Had a "waterd down" feel to it.

Drinkability is the only thing good about this beer. You can drink plenty of this no problem because of the lightness of taste.

Overall this is below average beer. Because of the beer's price and drinkability it makes it a staple at all college parties.

1.72/5  rDev +2.4%

Ultra Pale yellow with short fizzy white head.

Smell was light grains.

Taste had a bit of a tinny metallic taste, a touch of light cereal grains and some grassyness.

Mouthfeel was ultra thin, basically water.

Would avoid if possible and hopefully never drink again.

3.86/5  rDev +129.8%

Good old Natty light, this beer is a great beer and deserves the respect of many. This is a great beer for college parties and getting very drunk, because it is very cheap and it tastes great. In my opinion this beer tastes better than most domestic beers and if bars would put this on tap, I would gladly get it everytime.

1.4/5  rDev -16.7%

Yechh. This stuff truly even makes Budweiser look like the King Of Beers by comparison. Carbonated pee would be putting it nicely. All I could smell was the aluminum can and some crap that was stuck in the rim. Let the frat boys have it (or whatever socially challenged segment of the popultioan that likes hurting themselves by drinking this beer).

2.68/5  rDev +59.5%

Stuck in Florida this week! Akll they have is the macros where I am staying. What the heck...time to revisit the old college days. Natural Light is just that....light. Apparance is pale yellow...some initial head and carbonation. Smell is mainly grassy grains...hmm? lawnmower brew? Taste is equally inspectacular...Mouthfeel is ok...very light ...duh! East enough to drink, but lacking in the taste dept.

1.5/5  rDev -10.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A - Pale yellow, fizzy, slight head, no lacing.

S - Smell is lack luster, and picking up only small traces of grain.

T - Taste is watery and leaves a mettalic bite all the way across the palate.

M - Mouthfeel is overcarbonated. Hard to get down.

D - Drinkability is low. Why would you want to put this into your body?

Natty light is a great way to get people turned off to the beer world. I am just going to forget I ever drank this.

1.2/5  rDev -28.6%

I picked it up a can of this as a joke because my friend asked for water to I got both and handed him the natty light. Yeah My band just got down playing a show outside very hot and tired so I didn't want to put it back. I opened it up drank half of it could not stand it so I poured it out. Yes this beer lacks in so many areas. It looks like urine. With a smell that I can't put my finger on but it sure is offensive. Tastes like nothing at all. Very very very light watery mouth feel. With a Drinkability that leads me to be able to choke one of these down once every 5 years.

2.28/5  rDev +35.7%

Good 'ol Natty Light. Choice of discriminating college students everywhere.

Can to a pint glass. Classic yellow MacroLager with ok head that evaporates quickly. Lots of bubbles. No lacing.

Rice-y smell. Starch. No hops, very little malt, some sweetness.

Tastes like Bud Light. Dead on.

Watery mouthfeel. No real presence in the mouth. But, to be honest, a little better than the EuroLights I've had lately.

Not very drinkable, even considering it's catergory.

I had a couple while watching the NBA finals; the rest of the six will be either given away or used as a beercan chicken stand. I can come up with better ways to spend $3.50 than a six of these. It's an Alcohol Delevery Device and nothing more.

1.68/5  rDev 0%

Step One: Cardboard
Step Two: Water
Step Three: Soak the two Together
What do you get? Cardboard tea, otherwise known as "Natty lite." Theres a reason that frat guys pound this back like the belly wash it is. Pass it up.
"Waiter can I just get a lemon water?"

1.35/5  rDev -19.6%

remember the commercial.... I CAN'T TASTE MY BEER, I CAN'T TASTE MY BEER!
I think the people in that commercial were drinking natural light. Says brewed for naturally smooth and refreshing taste or something like that. I agree with that like I agree with water beeing smooth and refreshing. Come on anheiser busch but some balls in your beer jesus.
People treat natural light like it's nasty and cheap. It's not that much different from other anheiser busch products i see people buy all the time.
I find these beers too watered down. Yes light lagers will be watered down by definition, but this is too the extreme. This beer has practically no qualities to it. Like water.

2.01/5  rDev +19.6%

Left over from Memorial Day weekend. 30-pack cans for $10, sometimes quality is sacrificed for quantity.

Appearance: Poured from the can into a pilsner glass. The beer is a pale gold. A frothy head that has no staying power forms then falls in on itself until it is just a ring around the glass.

Smell: Knowing AB's propensity to use rice as an adjunct, I am somewhat surprized that this one has some corny adjunct scent. Although I don't really smell anything until the beer is half consumed and has warmed a little.

Taste: When it is nice and cold (near freezing), it is blissfully bland, which is also the best (and only way) to consume this beer. If it has warmed by sitting in the sun (a 95+ degree sun so hot that no coozie really helps) this is instant drain pour foul.

Mouthfeel: Light and watery, yet well carbonated. Kinda soda like.

Drinkability: As stated, when this is kept cold on ice, and consumed at a fairly quick pace, this is ok. Let one warm a little, well, its best to just pour it out and get another.

2.15/5  rDev +28%

Pours a clear, yellow with a fizzy head that doesn't hang around for long.

Smells not too appealing, I guess some malts are detectable, but little else. Taste is of slightly malty carbonated water. There is virtually no complexity or anything redeeming about this beer, other than it's being relatively cheap and easy to drink.

This was the first beer I ever drank and I drank it regularly in early college, but after a few years of drinking more complex beers, going back I just can't see how I ever could drink it. I bought it for a nice day at the pool, but even in that situation it still falls flat, not recommended.

2.2/5  rDev +31%

Natural Light pours a typical macro yellow with a white head from a sixteen ounce can. Smells like cheap beer, in other words adjunct all the way. Tastes like corn. This is lawnmower beer, only recommended for appropriate uses such as beer bongs and frat parties. Avoid.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch