Natural Light - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Natural Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 511 | Hads: 1,935
1.63/5  rDev -16%

The redeeming characteristic of this beer is not that it has good qualities but rather the lack of bad qualities or possibly the lack of any qualities.
This is the only BMC light that doesn't give me a headache or digestive upset, You can slam down a 12er on a hot summer day and bounce right up and get to work the next morning. Other than that there is not much positive to say. (382 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -45.4%

Our neighbor, who turns down beer that's "beery beer," drinks this stuff when he's running out of money at the end of the month.

I couldn't actually see it, since it was in a can, so I don't know what the appearance is, so I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. If it were mindblowingly delicious, it would have an appearance of 5 with a vivacious straw-color and a luminescent transparency. Appearance doesn't mean squat anyway.

Tastes like metal, smells like metal, what more do you want? (483 characters)

2.81/5  rDev +44.8%

This is a college kid's beer. I drank this all the time in college. It was cheap and all I could afford. I use to not be able to stand it at all, but after drinking so much of it I got use to it. This is just a nothing special beer. If you want a cheap beer to get drunk and play drinking games, this is a perfect beer. (319 characters)

1.72/5  rDev -11.3%

Sweet Lord this beer is terrible. I mean, honest to God, the only thing Natty Light has going for it is the fact that it is not Natty Ice. It tastes awful, looks awful, smells awful, and is about as trashy as you can get. The reason I gave it a 2.5 on drinkability is that you can pound them easy due to the lack of taste. I kill ten or so of these per night on weekends, but only because that is what is available. God this beer is bad.

Note: Drinking this beer in a bottle can be equated to wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. You are trying to be formal, but really you're there to get drunk. (586 characters)

2.2/5  rDev +13.4%

drank one from can, poured other into pint glass

Last night, some friends came over and brought some Natty Light. I do not normally drink beer as horrible as Natty, but when there's free beer around, I take advantage. I hadn't taken a sip of Natty in years, so here's my impressions from last night:

A: Carbonation was immense, like sprite. I could not believe the amount of carbonation in this beer. Probably because no one pours it into a glass and just chugs it.

S: Smells like nothing. The best I can think of would be someone dropping maybe a half ounce of alcohol into a bottle, and the rest of it water. and then that concoction sat with the cap off for weeks.

T: Tastes like it smells. The taste is not offensive in the fact that it will make you gag, but it IS offensive if you prefer a beer that actually bothers having a taste. This beer is tasteless. Water beer.

M: Water.

D: Water! The prevailing theme in this review. I chugged about 36 OZ of this beer in 5 minutes and I was not bloated in the slightest. The easiest drinking beer I've ever had.

Overall, if you want to get drunk for a very cheap price, and not be bloated, buy Natty Light. Just don't let anyone who respects your opinions about beer know. (1,228 characters)

1.59/5  rDev -18%

Poured directly from a can from my 30-pack into the beer bong.

Looks like toilet water after you have been drinking all day.

Smells like a mix between wet nails, moldy buscuits, and sweaty taint. What are hops?

Tastes wonderful if you are bonging it since that means you don't have to really taste it at all!

We used to pound these all day in college when we were too broke to afford anything decent. (405 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -38.1%

A - Very light color, almost looks like ginger ale.
S - None to Speak Of
T - Very little to speak of, basically Beer flavored water
M - This bubbly beer makes for a refreshing drink, but only because of the carbonation
D - Okay if you're drinking on the cheap, or buying for a mass quantity of people (300 characters)

The only thing this beer is good for is when using in drinking games, as you don't really need to enjoy the beer then and just need to drink quick. If you're not an undergrad, please don't buy this beer. Ever. (209 characters)

I honestly do not understand the fascination w/ this absolute shitty beer. It seems it's almost always this @ college parties... IT SUCKS!!! Maybe it's because I don't flock to light beer like every single other spineless American, but there are so many other beers out there for the same price. If you're gonna go w/ cheap beer, get Pabst of Evil Eye or something. Don't torture yourself w/ awful light beers. (410 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -33%

The quintessential American college beer... Gross. That's the only word I can use to describe it. This is the beer on which to compare all other bad beers. Devoid of flavor, smells of urine, almost colorless, and half the time I feel like I'm going to vomit this stuff up if I drink it in more than a sip.

Appearance: There's a reason no one really pours this into a glass. It's a very very very pale beer, just not appealing looking at all with almost no head or the alternate of half the glass being carbonation.

Smell: As someone else said, smells like dishwater. More of water that dirty dishes have been soaking in without soap for several days. Just the worst smelling beer I've come across.

Taste: There is none, minus the slight bitter taste that just makes you almost gag.

Mouthfeel: It's smooth going down but there is to real feel in your mouth with it. Devoid of life.

Drinkability: You can drink a lot of these, but I wouldn't advise it. I will say, they get easier going down the more you have. It's only claim. (1,030 characters)

3.55/5  rDev +83%

As a beer connoisseur, I can say that If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck, Natty light is definitely the way to go. If you're a starving college student like myself, you learn to appreciate it. Not the best, but I've had worse. Very drinkable! Perfect for beer pong (282 characters)

1.88/5  rDev -3.1%

As a college kid, I had my fair share of this over the last couple years, so I figured I'd review it just for hilarity's sake.

A- Light color with a wispy head

S- Nothing good, mostly steel or corn or something not good

T- Why it has earned the nickname "frat water"

M- "The smooth pilsner with all natural ingredients" says it all

D- Could have a case and not be full. Which is not a good thing in a beer.

Lots of nostalgia here, but doesn't make it any better. (468 characters)

I should start off by saying that this is a beer that me and my friends grew up drinking, so i feel as if i have some sort of loyalty to this great brew. For the price, you absolutely can't beat it... it doesnt taste too bad and it does its job. I actually even prefer this over the likes of miller lite and coors light. So if you are down on cash and want a decent beer.. why not? (381 characters)

Even as a broke college student I avoided this sorry excuse for a beer like the plague. It baffles me how anyone could take a look at the finished product and think it's good to bring to market. Even as a beer pong beer it fails; especially when coors light is a better option.

Looks: Dull yellow, just on examination you can tell that you're in for a world of hurt.
Smell: mildly sweet with a small hint of rice. Not in a good way like a Japanese red ale, but like cheap, mass produced garbage.
Taste: At first it's pungent and nearly undrinkable. Then it becomes slightly dull and tastes of tea made from the contents of a lawnmower bag with a pack of sugar.
Mouth feel: every synapse in your brain fires off as you are overcome with a sense of agony. Your body wants to reject it, but you fight against yourself and take the gulp. By the end of the can you want to cry.

I would advise against this beer. (913 characters)

Natty is a beer I drink almost every week. It brings back so many good memories. Being a poor college student with a limited budget Natural Light has become a staple of my diet. Under $15 for a 30 pack, I can't resist. Not a great tasting beer, but for the money it will do. I recomend anyone with little or no money, give it a try at least. (341 characters)

2.6/5  rDev +34%

First and foremost: This is not a good beer. But we must rank it according to its style. And that style (to most readers of this forum) is pretty poor. So -- yes, if you want a tasty, crafty beer, stay away from Natural Light. But if you want a beer that is light -- meaning, one meant for playing 36 holes of golf or sitting on the deck, looking at the Betties while still making meaningful conversation -- then Natty Light is a good choice. I would rank it higher than Miller Lite on taste alone -- and it's cheaper. So if you play a lot of golf or entertain a lot of Betties, this beer is for you. (600 characters)

1.78/5  rDev -8.2%

Presentation: 12 oz light silver can which have been poured into many solo cups...

Appearance:Perhaps the pales beer I have ever had. If it is dark in the room hard to tell its not water.

Smell: There is a very faint, almost cooked barley smell to in. Not too appealing.

Taste: Much like drinking sparkling water. There is a light corn taste, and some weird bitterness. Nothing impressive.

Overall: I am happy I am brewing my own, and no longer drinking this... (465 characters)

3.78/5  rDev +94.8%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart. (747 characters)

2.27/5  rDev +17%

Natural light, or "Frat Water" as it is known in the Greek system is honestly a good go to beer for when you're hosting social events and you don't care what you're serving as long as there is a LOT of it at an affordable price. Like most American "water" beers, natural light has a lower alcohol level, which makes ideal for social occasions so your night doesn't get too crazy but won't miss out on that nice buzz (if you're responsible). I love my frat water but alas, if you are looking for a well thought out, rich and flavorful beer this isn't the right brewski for you.

Appearance- a pale golden color, plenty of carbonation bubbles with a white frothy head when poured

Smell- hops with a mild hint of wheat

Taste- highly carbonated feeling with the aforementioned taste of wheat barley and hops, very bitter and nondescript almost

Mouthfeel- bitter and fizzed quite a bit

Overall- for the price Natural is a good go to beer for social events but for pleasure not so much. (985 characters)

3.17/5  rDev +63.4%

look my friends here at Beer Adv….its Natural Light….used to steal this by the case at local store…..its poundable, cheap(if you paid for it) …no hoppy; "why the hell am I drinking this over flowered beer" feel to it….simple, to the point libation…a favorite among my homeless friends and college dropouts. More to the point, I like our nice house, vehicles, toys and bills paid I'm at the age where beer snobbiness is no longer an issue……still prefer Extra Gold though… on a side note: this is labeled as a pilsner not lager….anywho? (554 characters)

3.47/5  rDev +78.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

As im sure most impartial beer lovers on here know, the average BA user rates with a "All Beer created equal" stand point. However this is simply not true. This is a light American style lager, that means that there are not going to be complex flavors, citrus after taste or anything of its liking. Its not the style of American light beer.

That being said, rating this beer against other American lights- it is fine. Incredibly refreshing, goes down similar to water (which is what its made to do) and has the perfect amount of hops and "beer flavor" for its average consumer. Look and smell are both bad. This is a session beer. This is a -have 6-8 a night- beer. Would defiantly not turn this beer down at a party or at family/friends house. Probably would not buy or order at a bar, but it is a mediocre light beer. (821 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -27.8%

I have 5 words to describe this beer : Seltzer water in a can. This beer taste like carbonated water with a faint taste of alcohol. I seriously had to drink about 12 beers to get anywhere close to where i wanted to be. I'll Tell you i had to whizz about a good 15 times that night. If you want to drink a beer dont waste your time with this water in a can. Have a natural ice or be a big boy and have a good ole Steel 211. Leave this beer to the amateurs (454 characters)

2.1/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

This is the perfect beer for drinking games. It's drinkable in high volumes and doesn't have the low ABV of most light beers. The taste is watery but has more bite to it than a Coors Light or Keystone Light. Regardless, I would avoid it unless you're on a very tight budget or looking to relive your college years. (314 characters)

2.53/5  rDev +30.4%

This is an exceptional beer if you prefer to get a cheap buzz, and a great alternative to keystone light or miller high life, coors' knockoff and miller's knockoff, respectively. This beer is the best of the worst, and also has the best price among its foul tasting competitors. (278 characters)

1.91/5  rDev -1.5%

Serving: Out of keg that was in trash can filled with ice and pored into red plastic cup

Appearance: gives pale yellow clear color with foamy head

Smell: None to speak of.

Taste: Like water with a hint of alcohol. Very low quality ingredients.

Mouthfeel: feels pretty watery

Drinkability: again, cause of it's water like characteristics, it's very easy to drink. Which is lovely if you're binge drinking

This is my preferred beer to get completely trashed off of, but I would never order it for any other occasion. (522 characters)

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch