1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Bud Ice - Anheuser-Busch

Bud IceBud Ice

awful

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process takes the beer to a temperature below freezing, which leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process that gives Bud Ice its rich, smooth taste.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-02-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Ice Alström Bros

DeerBlood, Jul 09, 2014
4.59/5  rDev +150.8%

This is a true American lager.

Firstly, the appearance is magnificent. It's a clear bright yellow. One thing that a lot of drinkers do not seem to like is the fact that it does not leave a lot of foam. Personally, I think that's great; more drink, less air, I say.

The smell could be described as neutral as far as beers go, but you can definitely smell the hops.

The taste is unmatched. Although it taste similar to the other beers made by Busch, this is the best. It taste sweet, it's like there's a berry flavor after taste.

If you get it down to a cold temperature, as take a sip, it's wonderful; refreshing.

Overall, this is a high quality beer that for some reason gets a bad reputation. At 3 dollars for 64 ounces, how can you go wrong? It's a crisp clean tasting and looking beer.

And, in case you couldn't tell, this is my favorite beer.

beerking760, Mar 16, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +145.9%

Mudawg, Feb 29, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +145.9%

JDavidF, May 29, 2012
4.45/5  rDev +143.2%

I'd say Bud Ice one of the best ice beers, if not the best. I have been drinking it for a long time, and unlike other beers, it never overstays its welcome.

It is about as filling as a regular Budweiser, and has a mild sweet taste, but not enough to ruin the beer flavor.

AbrahamRobert, Apr 26, 2008
4.25/5  rDev +132.2%

mwar, Nov 27, 2012
4.1/5  rDev +124%

I actually really like this brew! It is cheap it does the job for sure and it doesn't taste like crap. If poured into glass it is golden in color with a nice smell of malts and a little hint of hops the taste is very nice mouth feel happens to be great! It feels between a Budweiser and natural ice but with a nice balance!

kdawg105, Jul 14, 2011

LagerDogger, Aug 08, 2014

apu1, Jan 23, 2014

Dapperticus, Jun 09, 2012
3.88/5  rDev +112%

This is my first post. The reason is because I'm the type of person who just reviews shit for the hell of it, all the time. Even cigarettes.

I realized.... 99% of you are BEER SNOBS! I mean, as in, "American adjunct... how trashy."

Really?

This beer is perfect for someone on my income.

When you go into a convenience store there's 4 layers of beer.

"High End" (That most of you rate horribly, such as Pale Ale, etc)
Then your "Mid Grade" Miller, Bud Heavy/Light, Platinum (Mmm, I love Platinum)
Then your "Low Grade" Miller High Life, Natty, Icehouse Edge, Malt Liquor.
Then your girly shit.

Okay - first off - I can get an 18pack of Cans for $10 in FL here of Bud Ice. With it's 5.5 ABV, the reason it's in the lower tier is because it's market audience are those like me who look at ABV content when buying.

18pack of Budweiser? Nearly double the price. Yet, Bud Ice? $10.

Let's go into the beer.

IT TASTE LIKE BEER.

Not only that - It's very smooth, not much of an aftertaste, if anything it's "Bland"

Yet, for me, THAT'S GOOD. Yes, you can tell you're drinking beer. Yet, this isn't Coca-Cola - You don't want a flavor you get burnt out on.

(Oh, and I've been to three Beer Festivals, WaZoo, largest in America in Tampa, FL, two months ago - over 2,500 beers... so don't think I'm just so Joe Schmoe, I enjoy my beer)

BUD ICE IS VERY UNDER-RATED.

Listen, It's got the AB logo. The fact it says BUD makes it stand out in a crowd... etc etc.

Bottom line is for the PRICE... I'd wager AB is losing profits on Bud Ice because of the price.

It's basically Bud Heavy cut thinner; as we all know.

So don't be a snob, don't go spend $12 for a six-pack of a fancy label beer that has a nice 'tart' finish. Spend $10 for a 18-pack of cans (god forbid!) and enjoy them after work or during Football.

It's my go-to beer, right behind Platinum when I feel like paying the extra money.

Dale's Pale Ale is my FAVORITE beer yet very hard to find.

So... first post.... hope I don't rub any feather... just bringing it down to earth!

GO BUCS!

DilutedJack, Nov 13, 2013
3.75/5  rDev +104.9%

markallmon, Mar 18, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +104.9%

Rdel444, Dec 16, 2013
3.73/5  rDev +103.8%

Nose is grainy and sweet with notes of spice. Smells quite good.

Pours a deep yellow, clear, mild head with quick dissipation. Looks okay.

Moderately malty with a nice spicy vein. Grainy and toasty sweet, warm and fairly pleasant. Tastes pretty good while cool. As it warms it starts to develop harsh aftertastes. Good mouthfeel - lots of carbonation and a moderately full body.

And yes, it is "remarkably easy to drink." Good show, AB. I rather like it.

MrHungryMonkey, Apr 13, 2009
3.58/5  rDev +95.6%

Bud Ice is Beer Made By Anheuser-Busch with 5.5 ABV. This Has a Stong Beer taste. Good COLD this beer must be COLD to drink. Over all it has a good taste and it goes down good. Drinkabiliity is good too. For the price I would buy this Still Like Budweiser better. Over all a Good Beer at a Good Price. If you don't like stong Beers than I would go with something else.

nicholas2121, Apr 18, 2010
3.56/5  rDev +94.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

ahhh bud ice my broke bitch beer, 2 bucks and a few dimes gets you 32.oz's of delicious beer that tastes great nice carbonation goes down smooth but leaves me burping a lot i enjoy this brew. compared to bud light which i rarely drink except for last week it is a lot better in taste whereas bud light tastes like sparkling water

underagedbeerappreciater, May 06, 2014
3.53/5  rDev +92.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: It pours a medium yellow color with average white head

Smell: It smells not that good. It is slightly skunky, slightly pissy mixed with some hops. It makes no doubt on its origins, but it can be improved a lot too.

Taste: It makes no doubt this is a BMC macro. Not exactly, because it tastes like a regular Bud, but almost any BMC ice lagers.

Mouthfeel: It is a little watery, but very smooth. Pretty good on summertime drinking

Drinkability: It tastes exactly like Miller MGD. I don't know why, but I like to drink that kind of stuff from time to time.

I give a bonus point for the bottle design: they used clear glass, but it is still one of the very most creative design for a US macro I saw.

Barraclou, Jul 31, 2005
3.53/5  rDev +92.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This is my first review on this site mainly because I am just now beginning to dip my toes into the world of beer and wine. This will be short and sweet.

First i'll start off with how this beer ended up in my fridge. Well as I said I am just beginning my beer adventure and a local beer and wine store carries a free book that lists all of their available beer and wines. Not knowing a damn thing about either I simply decided to try the first one in the book which was a listing of their domestic beer. First on the list was this and luckily I actually like it. Its light and to my taste buds has a slightly sweet taste to it. After reading the reviews I see alot of people arent a fan. But I find this to be a good starter beer especially for the ladies. Its light in color, taste and the impact on your wallet. I got a 12 pk of the bottles for about 8 dollars. I think this would be great hanging out at the beach or pool or outside on a hot day. No bitter after taste that I hate from the stronger flavored craft beer. I'm a fan. I would definitely repurchase

workhardplayharder, Jan 19, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +91.3%

This is easily the most drinkable ice beer I have ever had. It did not have much flavor to srart out with other than grain and corn, but the taste was smoothe and not to intrusive. This is definantly a beer to get wasted on and not to seriously drink. Bud dry is much better as far as an AB beer goes. But if I were you, I'd stick to the Sierra Nevada's or Stone's of the world if you want new exciting beers! Cheerz

Dmann, Sep 04, 2003

generallee, Feb 13, 2012

dankjohn, Feb 12, 2014

durkle, Mar 05, 2012

Peyton5410, Apr 30, 2013

Srive009, May 19, 2013
3.4/5  rDev +85.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bud Ice should NEVER be sampled out of a bottle as the clear glass will more than likely render the product skunky and slimy. I drank this one out of a 16 oz. can. It has a thick, white head and a very clear yellow appearance. Lacing is scattered and ragged. The aroma is almost nil, but one can detect a stereotypical A-B beer smell. This is a very carbonated beer, but then again, it is an Anheuser-Busch product. Taste is acceptable, but a bit too sweet. Mouth-feel is similar to Budweiser (moderately heavy). Overall, this is a fine beer and would be a good accompaniment to cheese and crackers or enchiladas.

RJT