Wild Blue - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 09-27-2005

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.
to view more.
Ratings: 1,447 | Reviews: 604
1.54/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

First of all, I didnt buy this so I can be as objective as humanly possible since not a single penny of my money will be harmed.

As I pour it into my red solo cup that I feel it may not be deserving off, it is the most unappealing beer I have ever seen. They could have used this in the imagery in A Clockwork Orange. First, there is nothing remotely blue about the appearance. It is cherry red with a red fizzy head. It reminds me of a flavored Clearly Canadian or New York Seltzer. Better yet, imagine a carbonated Robitussin. If I could apply a 0, or better yet, a negative number here I would.

It smells medicinal. Sort of like cough medicine and sugar. Cherry 7-Up and hummingbird food maybe?

The taste is by far the least offensive part. It is actually "consumable" to an extent, depending on your how high your tolerance for artificially flavored wine coolers is. Of course, it doesn't taste anything like blueberry, naturally. It is cherry or raspberryish and as sweet as the good looking mom of your friend when you were 12. To me it tastes like a Splenda factory exploded and they got rid of all of the spillage from the tanks by putting it in these bottles along with left over Capri Sun. Rememer. This is the best aspect.

With the carbonation level, I am surprised the caps don't fly off and kill some of the 95 lb college girls that obviously make up 99.9% of the people buying this. But hey, if you like shitty champagne with a splash of wildberry kool aid this is probably your thing.

Someone else said that "it tastes like sadness feels". I would say it tastes more like desperation or a concussion.

1.63/5  rDev -26.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Absolutely awful. Taste like a four Loko with more abv just nasty. Too sweet, no substance, syrupy and unpleasant. This is the type of beer you buy drink if you lost a bet.

3.26/5  rDev +46.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Very sweet. Tastes somewhat like a wine. Desert beer only.

3.32/5  rDev +49.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.25

Surprisingly nice head. Blueberry aromas, not much adjunct smell. Goes down smooth, but it's a little tart and syrupy. Overall not the worst fruit beer out there.

3.59/5  rDev +61.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Buena cerveza de zarzamora refrescante para el calor

2.81/5  rDev +26.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Great beer for a mixture with Guinness.

1.73/5  rDev -22.1%

Too sweet, horrid aftertaste, and overall underwhelming.

2.95/5  rDev +32.9%

Smells pleasant but tastes very medicinal. Too much carbonation.

3.62/5  rDev +63.1%

The sweetness hides the 8% abv. If you're into Smirnoff ice or mikes hard it may be up your alley if you want something with a higher abv. Not my thing but it's good for what it is.

3.16/5  rDev +42.3%

Not sure what the brewer was going for. Odd look, unsatisfying flavor.

1.48/5  rDev -33.3%

This is a truly awful beer!

3.6/5  rDev +62.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Simply not as bad as those ratings

I love the flavor and aroma of this beer. Almost taste like juice. Dangerously tastey, doesn't taste like an 8%

1.44/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 1 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I found this upsetting. I sent my best friend eleven texts attempting to articulate my displeasure after consuming a entire bottle. It's cloyingly sweet and MAYBE if this marriage of flavor were attempted with an IPA it would be passable but as a lager it's not working out, no bitterness to cut through. The color is also unsettling. Very flat, ultimately tastes like an accident.

3.3/5  rDev +48.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.25

Very sweet, very strong, not my favorite but not too bad.

1.99/5  rDev -10.4%

Disturbing bluish purple color. Smells like fake blueberries. Tastes like a boozy blueberry malt beverage. Absolutely watery with no carbonation and a boozy aftertaste.
I didn't see the front of the label and immediately realized my mistake upon the first sip. Major oops. It's Anheuser Bush.

1.09/5  rDev -50.9%

NO! NO! NO! Never again!

2.92/5  rDev +31.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

As I enjoy blueberry muffins, syrup, buckle, etc, I also enjoyed this beer. It's not for everyone, but tasty and fairly crisp.

4.88/5  rDev +119.8%

Not for everyone, but for those who really do not like the bitterness of most beers this is great way to go. Yes it is sweet. Yes it does really taste like blueberries with a little beer in the background (compared to other blueberry ales that taste like 90% beer with a little blueberry put in just to say it is there). For me that is much preferable to those "fake blueberry ales". But it is very drinkable and is remarkably refreshing. However be careful not to forget it is an 8% brew and if you down it like a soda or fruit drink, it will kick you. Anheuser-Busch got it right.

2.94/5  rDev +32.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Kind of sweet and has a terrible color.

1.18/5  rDev -46.8%

I'm a woman and I thought this fruity "beer" was gross. I had to pour it out. The potential buzz off the 8% couldn't convince me to choke it down. I'm sad for this beer.

3.06/5  rDev +37.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Gives you a decent buzz due to alcohol content but has a bitter taste

2.68/5  rDev +20.7%

If it's natural flavor .. why does it taste like a popsicle ?

1.36/5  rDev -38.7%

At first, I recoiled at the initial shock of this swill hitting my taste buds. My palate, having not enough time to recover from such horror, proceeded to endure several agonizing seconds while I mustered up the courage to ingest such misery. And then came the aftertaste, which I can only describe as tasting like how sadness feels. Wild Blue exists without my consent.

2.37/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Interesting, but doesn't taste like a beer. Had I not read the bottle, I would have thought it was a wine cooler.

to view more.