Wild Blue - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 09-27-2005

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.
to view more.
Ratings: 1,431 | Reviews: 593
3.6/5  rDev +62.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Simply not as bad as those ratings

I love the flavor and aroma of this beer. Almost taste like juice. Dangerously tastey, doesn't taste like an 8%

1.44/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 1 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I found this upsetting. I sent my best friend eleven texts attempting to articulate my displeasure after consuming a entire bottle. It's cloyingly sweet and MAYBE if this marriage of flavor were attempted with an IPA it would be passable but as a lager it's not working out, no bitterness to cut through. The color is also unsettling. Very flat, ultimately tastes like an accident.

3.3/5  rDev +48.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.25

Very sweet, very strong, not my favorite but not too bad.

1.99/5  rDev -10.4%

Disturbing bluish purple color. Smells like fake blueberries. Tastes like a boozy blueberry malt beverage. Absolutely watery with no carbonation and a boozy aftertaste.
I didn't see the front of the label and immediately realized my mistake upon the first sip. Major oops. It's Anheuser Bush.

1.09/5  rDev -50.9%

NO! NO! NO! Never again!

2.92/5  rDev +31.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

As I enjoy blueberry muffins, syrup, buckle, etc, I also enjoyed this beer. It's not for everyone, but tasty and fairly crisp.

4.88/5  rDev +119.8%

Not for everyone, but for those who really do not like the bitterness of most beers this is great way to go. Yes it is sweet. Yes it does really taste like blueberries with a little beer in the background (compared to other blueberry ales that taste like 90% beer with a little blueberry put in just to say it is there). For me that is much preferable to those "fake blueberry ales". But it is very drinkable and is remarkably refreshing. However be careful not to forget it is an 8% brew and if you down it like a soda or fruit drink, it will kick you. Anheuser-Busch got it right.

2.94/5  rDev +32.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Kind of sweet and has a terrible color.

1.18/5  rDev -46.8%

I'm a woman and I thought this fruity "beer" was gross. I had to pour it out. The potential buzz off the 8% couldn't convince me to choke it down. I'm sad for this beer.

3.06/5  rDev +37.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Gives you a decent buzz due to alcohol content but has a bitter taste

2.68/5  rDev +20.7%

If it's natural flavor .. why does it taste like a popsicle ?

1.36/5  rDev -38.7%

At first, I recoiled at the initial shock of this swill hitting my taste buds. My palate, having not enough time to recover from such horror, proceeded to endure several agonizing seconds while I mustered up the courage to ingest such misery. And then came the aftertaste, which I can only describe as tasting like how sadness feels. Wild Blue exists without my consent.

2.37/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Interesting, but doesn't taste like a beer. Had I not read the bottle, I would have thought it was a wine cooler.

1.63/5  rDev -26.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Wild blue. Don't try this again

4.83/5  rDev +117.6%

A very solid beer for people who can't palate beer. Also, very dangerous because if you were like me you didn't realize it was 8% abv until after drinking 3 of them!

1.18/5  rDev -46.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

SO. This was in the premium section near all the locals and the Sierra Nevadas and etc. DID NOT realise it was AB Schwill. 8 percent, eh? So basically I'm figuring they brew some adjunct high gravity crap, then pour in some high fructose chemical blueberry shit, and WHAM there ya have it. Kinda misleading packaging and website. I expected a craft beer with some light fruit notes. I got gypped by macro garbage. GMO fructose headache, here I come!!!

1.78/5  rDev -19.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Its kool-aid masquerading as beer. At best will give you cavities at worst will give you diabetes.

1.7/5  rDev -23.4%

So A-b makes this stuff but it's so bad they don't put there name anywhere on the bottle. Too sweet. I don't waste beer I drank them all and they'll get you pretty lit but this is some of the worst beer I've ever had

4.8/5  rDev +116.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Tastes and smells great just a little strong

2.26/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 1 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

Want to get drunk real fast? Then drink this juice. It's not beer, it's a high ABV juice.

3.71/5  rDev +67.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Despite the hating here, this was tasty as heck. Pours _blue_ with a finger of _blue_ head, which both retains and laces. Aroma is blueberry. Taste is blueberry. Lack of booziness at 8% is fantastic and sweetness is nice. Girly or not, this stuff is fantastic.

2.34/5  rDev +5.4%

Pours purple-red with thin head and modest bubbles. Lots of blueberry aroma as you might expect with some tartness and malt notes. Tastes like fizzy kool-aid with a little spice. Too sweet.

1.16/5  rDev -47.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Smells extremely sweet with an off-putting blueberry scent (smells way too smeet) and alcohol. The main off putter for me was the texture of this thing. It almost tastes like syrup. Won't be seeking this out again.

4.33/5  rDev +95%

One of the best beers I have had.

to view more.