Wild Blue - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.00% ABV

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

(Beer added by: Todd on 09-27-2005)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Wild Blue Alström Bros

Doomcifer, Aug 15, 2014

ImFlyerThanYou, Sep 10, 2013

rhinonau, Feb 18, 2014

Janeinma, Mar 21, 2013

bdtva, Mar 05, 2013

acurtis, Jan 19, 2012

I was looking for a new beer at the store and decided to play Russian Roulette and just grab the first thing I saw. Yeah, won't being doing that again any time soon.

A: Purplish pink with a very minimal head.
I've tried other fruit beers but I haven't ever seen one with this vibrate of color. Looks a little like Grape Nehi.

S: Smells like blueberries with a very sickeningly saccharine edge to it.

T: It's difficult to find words for this one. But bad. Very, VERY bad. I am overwhelmed by the flavor of blueberries, and sugar. I couldn't detect anything resembling beer as the fruit flavoring shuts out everything else. Tasted like a blue berry wine or champagne, but definitely not like beer.

M: Bubbly with excessive carbonation. "Sweet" taste buds exhausted and in revolt. A crisp finish.

O: Before I drank this I don't think I've ever "hated" a beer before. Give me any beer I've had in the past that I didn't care for, and I would gladly down a 6 pack of them before stomaching 1 bottle of this stuff.

Seriously, take the juice from a can of blue berries, make pruno out of it and mix with 7-Up. Congratulations, you have now made Wild Blue Lager.

rynoth, Nov 09, 2011

Picked up a sixer@ the local store, I actually was going for the SN Celeration Ale, which they where fresh out of and this caught my eye, says on the carton that they won a gold medal, What a laugh, This is not beer, it's more like rancid fruit juice laced with alc. I will never buy another AB product again in my life as this product is a INSULT!!!!

domjwl, Nov 24, 2009

Nikki, Mar 03, 2012

avisong, May 18, 2012

tclipse, Jul 08, 2014

magnumpoppy, Aug 13, 2013

Poured an awful grape juice color with a touch of soda pop head

smells exactly like flintstone vitamons.

Taste like bad tart grapejuice. where is the beer?

mouthfeel is thin and watery, no carbonation or body at all.

just plain awful not beer at all, avoid this at all costs.

bashiba, May 11, 2008

corrrance, Feb 22, 2012

pjkelley82, Jun 11, 2013

Luweezy, Oct 28, 2013

an70n, Mar 06, 2012

I had to dump this one... I couldn't bare it. The smell alone was

so horrid, that I couldn't get it past my nose. I took a few sips

and I felt like I was drinking blueberry flavored piss. I've heard

mixed reviews of this brew (if you can even call it that), but I for

one would highly recommend never buying this beer. I even got

curious and aged one for a couple of months, thinking that

maybe there could be something to this beer, but again I was

wrong. It was still the same with a lot less kick. PLEASE AVOID

THIS BEER AT ALL COSTS! !!

atcman2003, Apr 11, 2010

Psychmusic, Jan 22, 2013

Ba Review #211
Served On: 08/15/2012
Glassware: Pint Glass
Labeled ABV: 8.0%
Date/ Code: 1284BJ28

Picked this up at Evergreen Liquors in Frederick, MD because I never had it before and assumed it was from a high-quality craft brewery of sorts - judging by the label.

Look: poured a cartoonish purple with a lighter purple head that dissipated in a few seconds. The carbonation bubbles completely took over the body of the neon purple liquid. Lacing was nonexistent

Smell: Blueberry was definitely all that came through in the nose along with some malt liquor skunk. Almost like blueberry syrup found at Ihop or Bob Evans, mixed with a light macro lager.

Taste: Ok… heavy artificial blueberry with a Fruity Pebbles cereal character. The finish was of a residual dextrose and a dry Bud Light aftertaste with some fusel alcohol.

From what I can tell – Inbev created a fictitious brewery in New York in order to justify the false advertising on the label of this beer. With that said, please learn from my mistake - do plenty of research before just randomly selecting a beer from the shelves of your bottle shop when feeling adventurous. This was a classic case of false advertising.

CraftBeerTastic, Aug 15, 2012