Wild Blue - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.00% ABV

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

(Beer added by: Todd on 09-27-2005)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Wild Blue Alström Bros

1.5/5  rDev -31.8%

2.25/5  rDev +2.3%

This is my wife's favorite beer, and I make a great effort to never run out of of Wild Blue. One Wild Blue and my wife is "Happy"! And when she's happy, she is always in the mood to make me happy. Anyone who gives this brew a bad score does so because it is an unconventional beer flavor. It tastes like the Blue Berries it is made from. The flavor is so intense that I am not ashamed to admit that I enjoy this girly beer, but then, I love Blueberry pie!

2.5/5  rDev +13.6%

Watered down grape juice..Watered down grape juice....Oh sorry, you were waiting for my review. If you are looking for some mild juice to go with your breakfast or something to quench the thirst real fast, this is it. Beer, I do not think so. Oh well...

2.5/5  rDev +13.6%

Not horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again. If you need a blueberry fix, Dark Horse Tres Blueberry Stout will blow your mind.

1.48/5  rDev -32.7%

Why is Wild Blue no longer being distributed in Minneapolis, Minnesota? It's my all-time favorite and I can't find it anywhere anymore!

1.25/5  rDev -43.2%

tastes like double crooked tree with a hint of blueberries. yum

3.5/5  rDev +59.1%

3.2/5  rDev +45.5%

1.75/5  rDev -20.5%

3.55/5  rDev +61.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This is not a 2.18 beer. Even if you do not like sweet beers, it cannot be that bad. The purple color is interesting and the fact that this is an 8 abv is impressive in and of itself. Flavor is good. If I can point to a flaw it might be the lack of head and carbonation.

4.75/5  rDev +115.9%

BA score 53? The BROS 42??? Really??
As other good folks here with taste have commented, this beer is great. Yea, it's owned by the Bud
but it's actually brewed in upstate NY (Syracuse), my old stomping grounds. A respectable part
the city too; very well to do. They always had the best sports teams that kicked our ass back in
the day. Granted, this has nothing to do with the beer quality but it helps give me confidence
that this wasn't a creation out of the St. Louis vats in quantum.
Burns well, tastes good-and actually has real blueberry syrup added. Don't drink too much -
this is an 8% beer that has a KICK. I know, I sound like an AB whore, but was surprised that it was
owned by them. Very sweet, so if you don't like a sweet kick in your ass don't buy it.

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch