Wild Blue - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 09-27-2005

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Wild Blue Alström Bros

4.11/5  rDev +86%

I was actually afraid to try this beer after reading so many bad reviews of it. I imagined it as "thick" and "syrupy". Descriptions made it sound horrible. I finally read a quote of someone saying it was like "between a beer and a wine". That intrigued me because I love wine. I love blueberries. I ignored the bad reviews and took the plunge. I LOVE this beer! It is different! It does have a sweetnesss to it, but it is not the thick syrupy taste, just a light sweet flavor. It does remind me of a wine more than a beer. The flavor is pleasing, light, with a fruitiness that tastes good. Unlike most beers, it has a pretty color of what you would expect from a blueberry beverage, a definite purple. It has a two finger head that does dissipate. Although I resisted even sampling this beer, it has become my favorite! I am wondering since it actually is made from blueberry juice, if any of the healthy anthocyanins remain in the beer? If so, it would be a health beverage as well as just an enjoyable one.

2.75/5  rDev +24.4%

1.03/5  rDev -53.4%

I think this is the only beer I've ever poured out.

Let me admit something up front: I really like fruit beers, and have had more than a couple blueberry beers.

Yet Wild Blue is absolutely undrinkable. I've read the positive reviews here & just still cannot make heads or tails of what they're talking about. I wish I would've read reviews before purchasing, but alas I had to find out the hard way what a wretched, gag-inducing taste this "beer" has.

So, yes, I poured it down my sink. I came back in the kitchen later & the smell was still seeping up and contaminating my home. If the thought of drinking Draino mixed with Kool-Aid and blue syrup makes you ill, then do stay clear of Wild Blue.

3.5/5  rDev +58.4%

2.53/5  rDev +14.5%

A: 1 finger cranberry and cream colored head. Bubbles are tight and some medium. Deep cranberry colored body. Head dissipated after a minute or so.

S: blueberry, fruit, slight sweetness and slight tartness.

T: very sweet and sugary. Graininess. Tastes like a flatter sparkling juice. I suppose its more blueberry tasting then any other fruit. Bitterness rolls deep in the finish. Alcohol is noticeable and detracts.

M: thin but carbed.

O: not good at all. Too boozy. Too sweet. Sickeningly cloying sweet with odd pronounced bitterness at the end. Gross. Couldn't drink another. Ever.

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch