Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002)
Reviews by skylanebeer:
skylanebeer

4.85/5  rDev +109.1%

Found this great beer at the tour center of AB in St Louis. I have always liked Michelob light but golden light far surpasses regular Michelob light. Only problem is that it is not sold in our market here. Might have to take a road trip north to get some of this excellent Michelob

12-23-2006 00:24:13 | More by skylanebeer

South Dakota

2.25/5  rDev -3%

05-23-2014 13:36:46 | More by SD-Alefan
Rifrafboy

This is very popular, though I don't know why. This pours very light yellow with almost no head. Taste is very watered down, with very little hops or anything else to speak of. Extremely grainy tasting, with husk notes. I have nothing good to say about this. Why is this crap so popular?

02-11-2003 15:54:45 | More by Rifrafboy
badbeer

Iowa

2.08/5  rDev -10.3%

Free can obtained from friend. Thanks for sample.

Poured a pale yellow color with a foamy head, leaves no lace around glass. Smell was pretty water but with hints of grain and a bit of corn. Taste emulates the smell for the most part. Light bodied, with a moderate carbonation, wasn't overcarbonated like most macros. Given a choice, I probably wouldn't have another.

02-12-2006 15:05:30 | More by badbeer
bsp77

1.73/5  rDev -25.4%

Serving glass: Poured from can into Pint glass.

Appearance: Clear golden with a surprisingly sustained stark white bubbly head. That said, the strange neon cast to the color is distracting.

Smell: Muted grainy malts with lots of corn. Slight hay and spice.

Taste: Very little, mostly sweet grains (corn) with a small hay-like balance. virtually no hops.

Feel: High carbonation, very light body. Too much like carbonated water.

Drinkability: Not worth it.

06-29-2010 18:04:03 | More by bsp77
NilocRellim

09-17-2012 21:39:41 | More by NilocRellim
Beerandraiderfan

Nevada

1.95/5  rDev -15.9%

Remember those ribbed bottles from about a decade ago? High-larious, although I guess they saved a few bottles from being dropped.

One of the weakest 'beer'pearances I've ever seen, at least before the low calorie craze. Super light yellow, no head, lace or retention. Zilch aroma.

Taste, as you'd expect, no malt or hop quality to speak of. Nothing tastes 'bad', just nothing tastes. So it's a good palate cleanser if you think drinking water is for pussies. There's just not much to speak of here, when water is the predominant 'quality' in a beer. I've had worse, this isn't painful to drink or anything, unless you're jonesing for some beer or a buzz.

05-10-2011 17:04:50 | More by Beerandraiderfan

Washington

1.55/5  rDev -33.2%

Served after a tour of the AB brewery in St. Louis MO

On Tap

A- Pours with a thick satin white head. Dissipates slowly. Color is a brassy-wheat color.

S- Smells terrible. Reeks of adjunct malt. Smells like corn-whiskey mash. Truly, honestly in the awful category.

T- Terrible again, flirts with undrinkable. Sweet mashy funk lager flavor.

M- Mouthfeel is decent for light lager, actually has a little body.

O- Terrible. 2nd worst beer I have ever had. Don't even try it for kicks.

09-27-2011 04:35:19 | More by HugePlume
pmcadamis

1.98/5  rDev -14.7%

I found this lone can in my future father-in law's fridge...he doesn't drink BMC crap, so I'm assuming someone left it after a party or something. Anyway, I feel compleled to try any beer that I've never had...so here it goes.

A - Pale yellow with a flimsy white cap that disappears quickly. No lace, no love.

S - Corn husk and sugar. More assertive than most light macros, and not offensive in any way. Pretty boring though.

T - Clean cornflakes and some sugar...again, nothing offends the palate. A very clean beer. Towards the sweet-n-clean finish, a slightly soapy note comes through.

M - Crisp and clean with some foamy-ness onthe finish at the end that muddles up the feel and ruins the palate.

D - Extremely boring and nearly flavorless, this is clean and flavor-free....like sparkling water. Honestly, this ain't half bad for a light macro lager but that ain't sayin' much.

04-22-2008 22:07:55 | More by pmcadamis
FernMaster

2.85/5  rDev +22.8%

For me this a review long time coming. To begin, I can't say a hate this beer, if it wasn't for Michelob Golden Light, I may have never got into beer.
I was at a party a couple years ago and I was chilling with this chick. We were talking and sharing our dislike for beer (at this time I had never had really anything besides keg beer, which I had a great disdain for.). Then she mentioned a beer she had that you couldn't get in Missouri and we went to her fridge and she brought out a bottle which we shared, the bottle was Michelob Golden Light. I immediately did a double take, this was a beer that didn't taste like ass, it was very easy to drink and decent tasting. The next day I decided to explore my local grocery store for beer and see what other options I had out in the world, I purchased a sixer of Boulevard Wheat and that was it. My origin story for why I love beer. One could also argue that I never would have gotten into beer if it wasn't for that girl, but that's beside the point.
I haven't really said anything about that the beer and there's a reason for that; there's not a lot to say. I mean, the beer has a decent taste, pours rather well, the head quickly disappears though, but it's easily drinkable and not a bad drink, its super clear like a water and well, its' almost a water. This is a beer you don't drink because you want the complex taste of a beer; this is a beer you drink at a party. Something that's easy to drink, light and will get you a bit tipsy (if you drink like 8). It's also easier to carry around a party then a Chimay (trust me, I've tried it).
I can't hate this beer, I have a special place in my heart for it, but I can't throw praise at it either. The beer is decent. It serves a purpose, but is nothing to praise from the rooftops about. If you never try it, you're not missing anything, but if I never tried it I may have missed everything.

08-22-2009 05:30:21 | More by FernMaster

1.25/5  rDev -46.1%

08-17-2014 04:38:13 | More by jjunit
Snow81

2.45/5  rDev +5.6%

Appearance: Light yellow, golden!

Smell: Heavy grassy with a hint of a skunk note

Head: big white head, but dies out quickly

Taste: Grassy with a hint of skunk

Weight: very light washes down fast medium carbonation

Finish: Skunk, light grassiness, if you ask me if I want another, no thank you

03-19-2011 03:19:09 | More by Snow81

3.75/5  rDev +61.6%

06-22-2014 20:47:03 | More by Thejoe1027
mcrow24

2.49/5  rDev +7.3%

As far as commercial light lagers go this isn't a bad one but it is what it is. Unfortunately for me this is the wife's prefered brew so I have to drink it sometimes. I've become used to drinking this on a hot day where is more of something to keep the throat from getting dry than it is to enjoy drinkning.

On a really hot day and if it is very cold it can be tolerated and even can be refreshing.

02-14-2014 17:12:30 | More by mcrow24