Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002)

ParkbrauFan, Apr 01, 2014

AKuehn47, Aug 01, 2013

The head doesn't really exist and there is also no lacing. The color is golden and clear...almost like water. Smell is like urine. Taste is bad, doesn't taste anything but funky. Really carbonated and not very enjoyable. I will never have this beer again.

Erdinger2003, Aug 22, 2006
3.05/5  rDev +30.9%

pours a light golden color (duh) without hardly any head at all. has a cool faceted can. smell is non existent, i really can't smell anything at all. the taste is ok, as long as its cold, when i was first getting into beer, this was one of my favorites, but it was one that i could never get around where i live, so whenever i got to have some it was a big treat. now it isn't a big deal, but i tell you what i could drink about 11ty of these and still be ok. i still enjoy it every now and then, atleast for nostalgics

1fastz28, Mar 16, 2008

UncleAddie, Mar 04, 2012
2.5/5  rDev +7.3%

Pug, May 23, 2014

green_plastic, Aug 05, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -3.4%

Neighbor brought some of these over in clear bottles. They are pale yellow in appearance. Not heavily carbonated. No need to worry about skunking, as there is really no hopping. Taste and mouthfeel are smooth, water-like. Drinkable. You may not notice that it is beer.

pweis909, Jul 17, 2007
2.85/5  rDev +22.3%

I had this beer at a friend's house after the baseball game. Normally not my thing, but when am I going to get another opportunity to try it, so I said, "why not?"

The appearance is okay. Very light and golden with some prickle and not much head, but no less than a lot of beers. A little light lace/foam.

The smell is not really my deal. There is something about the american macros that make me think of flat keg beer in college. Its probably my own issue, so I try not to crush beers for this nose.

Taste is really just there. Mild hops and grain. The malt is pretty simple and light, but I am actually impressed that you know its there. It is also possible that I am getting better at detecting what is in the beers I drink than I was years ago.

The mouthfeel is a little more thickish than I would want for a beer like this. If I am going "super light" I want it "super crisp." Don't confuse me by trying to give me a full bodied mouthfeel in a light body beer.

Drinkability was fine. I got it down with no problem. Towards the end as it warmed up it started to get less drinkable though. Drink 'em cold and drink 'em fast and you will be okay.

Ragingbull, Aug 02, 2009

Poured from the clear bottle into a clear pint glass. Bears the "Born on date" of May 18, 2010.

A - Poured a clear, very light straw in color. An aggressive pour yielded a thinnish white head. Head retention was not very good and it left very little in terms of lacing.

S - Doesn't smell particularly appealing...a little bit of weak cooked corn, not much going on here (and I had to strain to get that).

T & M - Well, it certainly feels like I'm hydrating as I drink this. I have to go back and review a macro like this every now and again to really appreciate the craft beer scene I think. Maybe a little corn, maybe a little grain, certainly a lot of water! Mouthfeel is thin and watery, highly carbonated and thus a bit abrasive.

D - The only reason I had this in my fridge was because I was entertaining a girl that can't drink the "thick and gross" craft beer I drink. I would not recommend this to anybody and feel like I've insulted my taste buds by even pouring this in my mouth. Call me a "beer snob" if you will, I just enjoy more flavorful beer.

drizzam, Oct 04, 2010
1.5/5  rDev -35.6%

yokken, Feb 27, 2012
2.45/5  rDev +5.2%

Appearance: Light yellow, golden!

Smell: Heavy grassy with a hint of a skunk note

Head: big white head, but dies out quickly

Taste: Grassy with a hint of skunk

Weight: very light washes down fast medium carbonation

Finish: Skunk, light grassiness, if you ask me if I want another, no thank you

Snow81, Mar 19, 2011
1.5/5  rDev -35.6%

aliving1, Jan 03, 2012
1.25/5  rDev -46.4%

JakeBarnett, Jun 13, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +60.9%

For the style, and cheapness, my favorite one out there. Would much rather drink this in bulk than bud light or miller any day.

kplooki, Nov 06, 2014
2.5/5  rDev +7.3%

Leschber, Jul 24, 2014

koes0024, Feb 02, 2014
2.08/5  rDev -10.7%

Since moving to Minnesota last spring I have seen this beer everywhere. Every party, every bar, everyone's refrigerator, etc. So a week ago I discovered a 12-pack sitting on my girlfriend's floor and was informed that nobody had touched it and nobody in her house likely ever would, so I decided to at least give it a shot. I have no idea what the origins of this 12-pack are, but I suppose that doesn't matter much.

Sort of interesting 12 oz. "ribbed" can. Poured into a pint glass fairly rough to see what kind of head I get. Clear pale straw color with a with a fizzy two-fingered white head that lasts roughly a minute and a half... better retention than I was expecting, and almost no lacing. For the style I guess the appearance isn't half-bad.

Light malty aroma. A tiny hint of caramel but mostly corn. Lots of corn. Nothing else.

The flavor is about the same as the aroma for the first sip. I took a much larger swallow my second time around and all I can taste is corn. Well, I guess it's better than no flavor at all... well, that's questionable.

Sharp, crisp mouthfeel, but that's about it. Watery, no body, and it feels like it's going to make me burp a lot. Typical light lager, no better, no worse. Drinkable in a desperate situation but even for the price I will never spend my own money on this beer. Let's just say if this was the last beer on earth, I'd switch to wine.

Phocion, Jan 27, 2008

beb86, Oct 03, 2014
2.05/5  rDev -12%

Michelob Golden Light Draft pours a light clear amber from a 12oz clear glass bottle with a twistoff cap. Head went almost to one finger with a firm pour into my 16oz beer tumbler before disappearing completely before my eyes in the time it took to type this line, about twenty seconds.

Nose is a damp astringent with the slightest hint of banana... yes, banana. I get wisps of banana and bubble gum, when I explore the outgassing of this liquid.

Palate is the sharp bight of carbonation with a backbone of hops bittering, if there is any malt or corn sweetness, it is lost amongst all the fizz from the bubbles of carbon dioxide.

There are light beers and there are light beer wannabees, Michelob Golden Light Draft fits the latter.

BeerBob, Oct 18, 2005
1.75/5  rDev -24.9%

IchLiebeBierZu, Sep 22, 2013
2.75/5  rDev +18%

I used to drink this beer quite a bit a few years ago before focusing on craft beer. My wife still likes this one a lot so I thought I should give it a review. A 12 ounce can with 21FEB06 and BF04 on the bottom, poured into a pilsner glass

A—pours golden yellow with a fizzy 1 inch head that fades away quickly, very slight lacing is produced around the glass

S—corn, straw, wheat, hay, grass, slightly sour, a touch sweet as well

T—hmm, nothing really sticking out, just a blend of grains, nothing offensive at all

M—thin, pretty flat actually, light bodied

D—my tastes have changed quite a bit over the past few years…not liking this one as much as I remember…needs more flavor, just too light. Still, it could do on a hot summer day by the pool.

hanco005, Apr 14, 2006
1.8/5  rDev -22.7%

ovaltine, Oct 01, 2014
2.88/5  rDev +23.6%

A can o' beer, found behind the couch.

A - Clear pale yellow color. Not as colorless as bud. Head is white and sits at a thick film. Hey what do we have here? Lacing all up and down the side of the glass! Some kind of anomaly in the glass?

S - Faint corn, wheaty smell, slightly bitter. Not as bad as bud.

T - Corny taste, slightly sweet. Slight metallic taste.

M - Thin consistency with elevated carbonation.

D - Better than bud, I'd say it's on par with PBR.

umustdrink, Mar 30, 2007