Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002)
1.05/5  rDev -54.9%

This beer is extremely popular in Minnesota. Growing up around here, it is was by far the most common beer around. I have not been able to figure out the appeal of this beer. I have had many chances to sample it, since it is usually the free beer being provided at events.

Comes in a plastic cup, straw yellow and fizzy looking. The odor is extremely mild, almost non existent. Maybe there is a little rice or something, but nothing pleasant. The taste is what really brings this beer down. The first couple sips are bearable, but the beer just continues to get funkier and funkier. The only way to drink this beer is really fast when it is really cold. Otherwise, don't bother at all.

icemonkey908, May 29, 2007
2.75/5  rDev +18%

For some reason, this beer isn't available in St. Louis, so it has gained an almost 'urban leagend' appeal in my neck of the woods. Old loyalties to AB die hard sometimes.

Anyway....

Appearance - yellow to gold, clear as hell, Quickly disappearing foam with no lacing.

Smell like sweet water and corn.

Taste pretty good for what it is. Light grains, subtle aftertaste.

Mouthfeel is thin, watery.

Overall, this is probably AB best brew. Buy some and serve to your freeloading freinds.

Illtryit, May 06, 2011
2.35/5  rDev +0.9%

A: Very light straw golden color

S: Not much here. Straw, grain.

T: Refreshing but too bland. Little grain and grass.

M: Very light and watery. Felt like drinking fizzy carbonated, lightly flavored water.

O: Cheap, easy-to-consume but not fun to taste beer. Such low alcohol and taste content that it finishes quickly before you realize it. Did taste better than Bud, however, as I tasted the two alongside each other to compare.

mrseano, Apr 18, 2011

RossPeterson, Dec 18, 2011
1.25/5  rDev -46.4%

jjunit, Aug 17, 2014
3.3/5  rDev +41.6%

This beer was purchased at Hyvee in Ames, Iowa. I have never seen this beer sold in PA anywhere. I goto a lot of places that sell a large variety of different beers and I have never seen it. So, being a Michelob product I had to try it.

The beer tasted just like a watered down Michelob Lagar. It was very light in color and had a light taste to it, however you could taste that flavor that all the Michelob products have. I was good and if I were at a party, dinking a lot of beer, I could possibly drink it all night.

jrb1001, Jul 24, 2006
2.25/5  rDev -3.4%

McSully, Jun 09, 2012
3.43/5  rDev +47.2%

I typically drink this one from the can. I poured it out into a glass for this occasion.

A - Clear, golden color, a consistent bead of carbonation running up the center of the glass.

S - I really dislike the smell of this. As such, it's much better from the can or bottle. It smells like a mix of malt, spoiled milk and aluminum. Still, not as bad as a beer like PBR, which smells like vitamin-rich urine to me.

T - I appreciate the clean, crisp taste. It's malty but not too sweet. Other beers with a similar balance taste like cardboard...but not this one. There's not much to dislike about it. It delivers an adequate kick in a sneaky, refreshing manner.

M - There's a lot of carbonation. It excites my tongue and causes me to salivate slightly. It's average for the light, lager style.

D - This one's very drinkable. Through the years, I've had several staple beers: Miller High Life, Coors Light, Budweiser Select and Michelob Light. But I keep coming back to Michelob Light. As long as you don't have your nose in it, the beer delivers and it isn't too sweet or strong tasting to serve as a fine staple beer.

ntillemans, Jan 09, 2008

Sytraxis, May 17, 2012

benmafia17, Nov 18, 2012

Lundgren, Sep 07, 2012
1.45/5  rDev -37.8%

Definitely wouldn't drink this again. I had this while shooting pool with a friend and I remember it was hard for me to finish which isn't normal for me and beers.

Corn-water smell, grains.

Tastes upfront like a sugary corn mixture with a clashing disaster of bitter grains and rough malt. Finishes extremely watery as the rest of the substance dissolves; kind of like a bottle of Aquafina, only less satisfying.

Mouthfeel was not impressive and was rather bitter if I remember correctly. Corny water leaving an ugly aftertaste.

This beer tastes like the kind that you always hope to avoid but inevitably experience every once in awhile. The only good thing was that there was minimal skunk. Unfortunately that doesn't redeem this beer much.

Never again, I say!

JayHesch, Sep 17, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +60.9%

fisch687, Dec 15, 2013
1.05/5  rDev -54.9%

Appearance - poured in a pint glass, light golden yellow, thick fluffy white head. Goes away almost as fast as it came

Smell - muted, grassy, boring. Nothing special about and about what you expect

Taste - it has that weird quality that comes from the corn being a major part of the recipe. It's a little funky, kind of buttery and really weird (for me at least). There isn't anything in the taste that is appealing to me

Mouthfeel - smooth and creamy. Carbonation is prickly on the tongue

Overall - there is absolutely nothing about this beer that is enjoyable for me. I don't judge those that enjoy it, but it is not for me

arvjunk, Apr 03, 2011