Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002)

Best beer I've ever tasted. Actually quenches thirst and no aftertaste. Very refreshing! Light taste, not bitter or thick tasting. No "beer breath". I just love this beer. Didn't feel full either after drinking. Highly recommended unless you like thick, malty, dark beers.

Aimeecakes, Dec 09, 2013
4.85/5  rDev +109.1%

Found this great beer at the tour center of AB in St Louis. I have always liked Michelob light but golden light far surpasses regular Michelob light. Only problem is that it is not sold in our market here. Might have to take a road trip north to get some of this excellent Michelob

skylanebeer, Dec 23, 2006

ShwarzAl3r, Dec 26, 2011

JayJ14, Dec 27, 2013

TrojanWheels, Jan 18, 2012

Ortbalsj22486, Jan 07, 2012

Sampling right now on 3/5/14. Had this one a few times before. It's a Mid-West brew and never seen it back in Florida. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a handled glass stein.

Pours a lighter-yellow in color with a small fizzy white head that settles down to mostly the sides of the glass.. Not much of a aroma actually, just some grain with light hops. Carbonation is above normal but not bad. Taste was about the same but is a little on the watery side but I like this one and not a fan overall for Bud products.

BeerWithMike, Mar 05, 2014
3.88/5  rDev +67.2%

This beer is light beer so I will compare it to other light beers. It does not compare to more roboust beers as it is not meant to be. The flavor was decent and it went down easy. If there was a drinkability rating it would get a 4.5. The color was as expected for its style light golden transparent. It was priced right at $3 for a 20oz draft on happy hour. The flavor was mild but still decent for its style. I did not feel like I ate a meal after a couple. If you like like light beer I would recommend trying this one.

pheasantpete, Sep 19, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +61.6%

Thejoe1027, Jun 22, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +61.6%

fisch687, Dec 15, 2013
3.63/5  rDev +56.5%

I was impressed with the beer's fruity/slightly sweet character. The smoothness of this particular beer was also very enjoyable. I found the fruit hard to narrow down, at times it seemed citrusy and others hinted of berry. Overall the fruity taste wasn't overbearing to the extreme that some other fruit beers have (which is great since this isn't really a fruit beer in the conventional sense). Would definitely drink again, even if it isn't my favorite style of beer.

Nichts, Nov 24, 2009
3.6/5  rDev +55.2%

This is my favorite cheap beer. Why? Well its not particularly distinctive, but its crisp, refreshing, no off flavors, and no rot-gut. Throw it in a cooler full of ice/water, provide it to your undiscerning friends, and enjoy a sunny day on the lake. Heck, I throw a lime in it (I know, I know, I shouldn't fruit the beer and normally I don't) and its a lot cheaper than all those clear bottled "Mexican" lagers. It's an American Macro, but so what? Mich Golden Light is good for the type of beer that it is.

jecartier, Jul 28, 2009
3.53/5  rDev +52.2%

Michelob Golden Draft Light has a thick, stark-white head, a clear straw, bubbly appearance, and a bit of lacing left behind. The aroma is of sweet, slightly musty grain, and the flavor is similar. The beer is quite akin to other major, mass-produced light beers. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Michelob Golden Draft Light finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, and dry. Overall, it’s a very good beer.

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Oct 05, 2012

Keegan, Mar 11, 2012

sgttibbs, Jan 24, 2012

Dapperticus, Jul 06, 2012

PoeppingN, Oct 23, 2013
3.48/5  rDev +50%

Seems to have developed into the college beer/softball beer of choice for many in the area....I actually think it is pretty good for an Macro Light...Details follow...

Nose is unremarkable...typical adjunct cooked corn smell...very light smelling though....the body of this beer seems a bit bigger than most light beer...doesn't feel watery...has a nice sweet flavor...creamy texture...

While this may be overrated by some of the macro lovers, I think this underrated by a lot of Micro lovers...a billion times better than Bud Light and also better than Miller Light, Coors Light a host of others....a great lawnmower/easy drinker macro light..

ZAP, Jun 09, 2004
3.46/5  rDev +49.1%

Looks pretty boring... pale straw gold with a wisp of carbonation on top.

Creamed corn, muted grassy hops, a bit stale but certainly approachable. It smells rather nice actually.

I'm pretty impressed by the amount of flavor displayed here... there's nothing very impressive but it's cornbread, dried herbs and fresh cut grass.

This is much better than I remember.

yamar68, Mar 05, 2012
3.45/5  rDev +48.7%

Now don't get me wrong here on the rating. I love Eastern European Ale, such as Belhaven, Stouts and New Castle and dark Mexican beers but have switched to only drinking them sometimes. Working one the low-carb diet and low cal beers to try to maintain weight. Tried all of them that I know of and Bud 55 is water tastes like it, MGD 64 is little better but not much and is somewhat drinkable. The Mich Golden Light is better than the previous 2 except Mich Ultra Light. Better taste and does not make you feel as your drinking water. That's not saying much but, remember I am comparing the Mich GL to those low-carb beers low calorie beers. In the real world of real beers it pretty much sucks too but there you go.

thedouger, Dec 04, 2010
3.43/5  rDev +47.8%

I typically drink this one from the can. I poured it out into a glass for this occasion.

A - Clear, golden color, a consistent bead of carbonation running up the center of the glass.

S - I really dislike the smell of this. As such, it's much better from the can or bottle. It smells like a mix of malt, spoiled milk and aluminum. Still, not as bad as a beer like PBR, which smells like vitamin-rich urine to me.

T - I appreciate the clean, crisp taste. It's malty but not too sweet. Other beers with a similar balance taste like cardboard...but not this one. There's not much to dislike about it. It delivers an adequate kick in a sneaky, refreshing manner.

M - There's a lot of carbonation. It excites my tongue and causes me to salivate slightly. It's average for the light, lager style.

D - This one's very drinkable. Through the years, I've had several staple beers: Miller High Life, Coors Light, Budweiser Select and Michelob Light. But I keep coming back to Michelob Light. As long as you don't have your nose in it, the beer delivers and it isn't too sweet or strong tasting to serve as a fine staple beer.

ntillemans, Jan 09, 2008