Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002

Ratings: 266 | Reviews: 106
1.7/5  rDev -28%

Is this the same thing as what the Minnesotans call "Mic Gold Ultra"? I hope so, cause that's what was served to me this weekend and that is what I'm reviewing.

Unnaturally bright yellow beer with minimal head. Smells of corn-- a big can of creamed corn. Tastes like nothing. I'm serious, it tastes as close to water as you can get without it being water. I can't tell you more than this about the taste. Dry mouthfeel. Fairly easy to drink except it made for the worst hangover in my life.

I hope to never touch this stuff again.

1.69/5  rDev -28.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

pint on draft for $2

Look is clear pale gold yellow. Smell is faint... boiled/fermented corn, hint of freshly cut grass. Taste is clean, crisp, air. Really not much: grain, malts some cooked corn, hint of grass and a slight foul spoiled flavor. Very light feel; extremely carbonated.

I don't like to unfairly bash beers like this, but this just isn't enjoyable. Halfway decent at times, till the "garbage juice" flavor hits you. For some reason it's huge in the midwest and seems to be at almost every bar I go to. It's always cheap as dirt, but even at a good price it isn't worth it.

1.68/5  rDev -28.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Watered down beer. Almost seems skunky. Will only drink when it is free.

1.66/5  rDev -29.7%

A: Light yellow color as to be expected of this style though not as drab or depressing as some.

S: Nothing but light grain.

T: Slight banana. Non-descript grain (corn, wheat, rice). A strange tang I assume is supposed to be hops?

M: Light and refreshing. Not much to note. Medium carbonation.

D: Like most light macro-brews this drinks like unflavored mineral water. I only review it because it is technically a beer.

1.65/5  rDev -30.1%

in my never ending quest to try the best and worst, i stumple upon this one.

poured into my glass the lightest of pale yellow the fizzy white head quickly reaches two inches before settling back down. light touches of corn and grain are all the things you can find and they get old might, might quick. light feel, is almost absent of any kind of flavor in the finish

overall they are almost all the same and universally just ehh. ut what can you do.

1.63/5  rDev -30.9%

Not too bad for a light macro. This pours a clear yellow with the average macro head. Lots of carbonation bubbles. Nose and taste and very grainy with a bit of ricey hops. The body is also very light. Too much carbonation to enjoy. This stuff doesn't have much going on, but it is not too bad either.

1.62/5  rDev -31.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Extremely pale yellow body with a fizzy white head that shrinks down quickly.

Cheap graininess, a bit earthy and a hint of banana at the end.

The taste is so bland and watered down that it's really hard to pick out any flavor whatsoever. Light grain, little sweetness and that's about it. I've had well water with more flavor.

Thin and watered down with light bubbly carbonation that is almost fuzzy feeling.

Nothing good to be had from this one. Not worth even a try.

1.54/5  rDev -34.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Served after a tour of the AB brewery in St. Louis MO

On Tap

A- Pours with a thick satin white head. Dissipates slowly. Color is a brassy-wheat color.

S- Smells terrible. Reeks of adjunct malt. Smells like corn-whiskey mash. Truly, honestly in the awful category.

T- Terrible again, flirts with undrinkable. Sweet mashy funk lager flavor.

M- Mouthfeel is decent for light lager, actually has a little body.

O- Terrible. 2nd worst beer I have ever had. Don't even try it for kicks.

1.51/5  rDev -36%

Definitely wouldn't drink this again. I had this while shooting pool with a friend and I remember it was hard for me to finish which isn't normal for me and beers.

Corn-water smell, grains.

Tastes upfront like a sugary corn mixture with a clashing disaster of bitter grains and rough malt. Finishes extremely watery as the rest of the substance dissolves; kind of like a bottle of Aquafina, only less satisfying.

Mouthfeel was not impressive and was rather bitter if I remember correctly. Corny water leaving an ugly aftertaste.

This beer tastes like the kind that you always hope to avoid but inevitably experience every once in awhile. The only good thing was that there was minimal skunk. Unfortunately that doesn't redeem this beer much.

Never again, I say!

1.48/5  rDev -37.3%

There we are at the Buffalo, MN American Foreign Legion Lodge for my niece's wedding reception, and the common misconception is that the only beer that is provided gratis is this, the most popular beer in Minnesota, and the only thing on tap. The tap handle said "Michelob Golden Light", no "Draft", which made me wonder if it was another beer...nope, just more confusion.
Pale yellow, in the plastic cup, with a slim head.
No aroma.
All water, all the time....a glint of beery flavor appears, then blinks away in an instant..this is definitely for people who don't care what they put in their mouths, and haven't a clue, nor care, how much better beer can be...
...anyone who thinks they're drinking beer when they drink this?...I just pray for them...
...just picture the clamor when we realized the whole bar was free, and there was no need to stick to this swill!

1.13/5  rDev -52.1%

had this over the weekend too.....probably the worst beer ever made....maybe even worse than coors light. it's like drinking bad tasting seltzer water. i imagine the only redeeeming quality of this beer is..........um..........well i can't think of one right now, but it was free anyway.

1.06/5  rDev -55.1%

Appearance - poured in a pint glass, light golden yellow, thick fluffy white head. Goes away almost as fast as it came

Smell - muted, grassy, boring. Nothing special about and about what you expect

Taste - it has that weird quality that comes from the corn being a major part of the recipe. It's a little funky, kind of buttery and really weird (for me at least). There isn't anything in the taste that is appealing to me

Mouthfeel - smooth and creamy. Carbonation is prickly on the tongue

Overall - there is absolutely nothing about this beer that is enjoyable for me. I don't judge those that enjoy it, but it is not for me

1.05/5  rDev -55.5%

This beer is extremely popular in Minnesota. Growing up around here, it is was by far the most common beer around. I have not been able to figure out the appeal of this beer. I have had many chances to sample it, since it is usually the free beer being provided at events.

Comes in a plastic cup, straw yellow and fizzy looking. The odor is extremely mild, almost non existent. Maybe there is a little rice or something, but nothing pleasant. The taste is what really brings this beer down. The first couple sips are bearable, but the beer just continues to get funkier and funkier. The only way to drink this beer is really fast when it is really cold. Otherwise, don't bother at all.

This beer is for people who don't like good beer. This is the crap that is left in my fridge by the people I know that drink crap. I usually give it to the dog, but he doesn't like it either.

The head doesn't really exist and there is also no lacing. The color is golden and clear...almost like water. Smell is like urine. Taste is bad, doesn't taste anything but funky. Really carbonated and not very enjoyable. I will never have this beer again.

All of my friends love this beer. I think they are crazy. It is a pale yellow lager with a bitter flavor and a generic macro light beer body. I only drink this beer when there is nothing else available. I should have went up to the bar and had a Summit Oktoberfest instead. What a waste of time money and liver.

Michelob Golden Draft Light from Anheuser-Busch