Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002)

Localdrinklax, Feb 16, 2012

sgttibbs, Jan 24, 2012

schopenhauerale, Jan 19, 2012

TrojanWheels, Jan 18, 2012
2.42/5  rDev +4.8%

For the style it's not bad looking, light tan with a fair head but not much lace.

Smell is subdued without a whole lot of anything specific. Grains and a tinge of lemony citrus.

Taste brings out the citrus a bit more, plenty of grass and grains, and a tinge of sweetness with a dry finish. Body is extremely light and pretty well carbonated.

It's what it is. For the style you can consume it but overall it's nothing you'd want to trade for or mention twice.

AlCaponeJunior, Jan 15, 2012

ZPB, Jan 12, 2012
2.25/5  rDev -2.6%

Packman4IL, Jan 07, 2012

Ortbalsj22486, Jan 07, 2012
1.8/5  rDev -22.1%

Reviewed from notes.

Pours pale yellow with a thin white head which disappears quickly. Smells of light grain, a little bit of hops, and not much else. Taste just like it smells. Light grain, and small hop presence. Mostly tastes watered down.

Light bodied, a lot of carbonation, no real aftertaste. Nothing here which merits trying this again. I had this at a holiday get together with the relatives, and decided to try it.

hardy008, Jan 06, 2012

FreshmanPour77, Nov 16, 2011

doucmehu, Nov 16, 2011

twbeecher, Nov 15, 2011
2.75/5  rDev +19%

I feel like getting on my knees and kowtowing to the west, to Minnesota, specifically. My dear trading partner, Chaz, has sent me some of the more seemingly elusive beers from The CANQuest (TM) and although they may not be truly enjoyable, I am having fun with each and every one of them. Rock on, brother!

From the CAN: "Smooth Tasting Premium Draft"; "A premium cold-filtered draft beer with the exceptionally smooth taste you expect from Michelob".

You CANnot expect much from this style or you will be sorely disappointed. I expect very little and so these types of beers usually live down to my expectations. I got (maybe) a finger of bone-white head from my Glug, but while I was typing, it vanished into the atmosphere. Color was a light lemon-yellow and it had the transparency of one of the slides that I plan to use on the overhead projector tomorrow. Come on, give me something to work with! Throw this dog a bone so that he may do so in return. Nose smelled like watery silage which, in case you are just tuning in, is the fermented corn cobs stored in silos for feeding pigs later on after the harvest season. It is sweetish and actually not off-putting until you smell it in glass after glass of beer. Mouthfeel was thin and watery and I was beginning to doubt my objectiveness at this point. By Gar, I have reviewed this beer in one of its forms or another on a seemingly endless basis, which is why many have begun to question my sanity. Finish was equally thin and watery and I thought wistfully of the O'Doul's Amber that I had just finished, which others had dunned and I had enjoyed. I did not enjoy this. I would not waste cooler space on this. What more needs to be said?

woodychandler, Oct 16, 2011