Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002)

This is very popular, though I don't know why. This pours very light yellow with almost no head. Taste is very watered down, with very little hops or anything else to speak of. Extremely grainy tasting, with husk notes. I have nothing good to say about this. Why is this crap so popular?

Rifrafboy, Feb 11, 2003

NilocRellim, Sep 17, 2012

bigbeers84, Mar 25, 2013

FreshmanPour77, Nov 16, 2011

nick1427d, Jan 06, 2013

Appearance - very clear pale yellow color. Thin white head.

Smell - hint of corn, a slight smell of wheat,

Taste - Slight corn taste, with a bit of metallic tase to it.

Mouthfeel - watery with lots of carbonation.

Drinkability - This beer was crap. I would not recommend this beer to anyone.

Beerbuddha, Jul 25, 2007

dasmusik, Jan 30, 2012

pointone, Feb 06, 2013

spycow, Jan 17, 2013

polopaul20, Jan 08, 2014

cervezango, Jun 24, 2013

The only reason i give this beer a 2 is because it is my favorite light beer, if there is such a thing. Its good for young folks drinking it out of a keg. For some reason this isnt sold many places, i was always under the impression it was only in MN, anyways you cant find it very often out of that state. Nothing special by any means.

Tballz420, Apr 05, 2003

UncleAddie, Mar 04, 2012

This beer is pale and clear. Almost as pale as white grape juice. A decent sized dirty white head is erected, but falls just as quickly. The carbonation looks lifeless. Smells tinny, corny and veggie like. Nothing appealing at all on the nose. The taste is like corn as well. And grainy. Quite bland and uninteresting. Mouthfeel is carbonated, but weak. Fizzy and unappealing. All in all, I'll pass on this next time. Unless there is absolutely no other option.

Thanks for letting me raid your macro selection ZAP.

Bighuge, Jun 09, 2004

RockinRob925, Feb 28, 2013

Very watery and somewhat bland. I liked the bottle shape it that counts for anything. Not much going on with this beer.

proc, May 10, 2002

BrewHawkeye, Nov 19, 2011

ZEB89, May 05, 2013

tbeq00, Dec 07, 2011

fuzzcherry, Dec 03, 2011

plumcrazyfx, Jul 19, 2012

bicyclesnbeer, Aug 19, 2012

Poured from the clear bottle into a clear pint glass. Bears the "Born on date" of May 18, 2010.

A - Poured a clear, very light straw in color. An aggressive pour yielded a thinnish white head. Head retention was not very good and it left very little in terms of lacing.

S - Doesn't smell particularly appealing...a little bit of weak cooked corn, not much going on here (and I had to strain to get that).

T & M - Well, it certainly feels like I'm hydrating as I drink this. I have to go back and review a macro like this every now and again to really appreciate the craft beer scene I think. Maybe a little corn, maybe a little grain, certainly a lot of water! Mouthfeel is thin and watery, highly carbonated and thus a bit abrasive.

D - The only reason I had this in my fridge was because I was entertaining a girl that can't drink the "thick and gross" craft beer I drink. I would not recommend this to anybody and feel like I've insulted my taste buds by even pouring this in my mouth. Call me a "beer snob" if you will, I just enjoy more flavorful beer.

drizzam, Oct 03, 2010