Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002)
yokken

05-23-2014 13:36:46 | More by SD-Alefan
BeerBob

Nebraska

2.05/5  rDev -11.6%

Michelob Golden Light Draft pours a light clear amber from a 12oz clear glass bottle with a twistoff cap. Head went almost to one finger with a firm pour into my 16oz beer tumbler before disappearing completely before my eyes in the time it took to type this line, about twenty seconds.

Nose is a damp astringent with the slightest hint of banana... yes, banana. I get wisps of banana and bubble gum, when I explore the outgassing of this liquid.

Palate is the sharp bight of carbonation with a backbone of hops bittering, if there is any malt or corn sweetness, it is lost amongst all the fizz from the bubbles of carbon dioxide.

There are light beers and there are light beer wannabees, Michelob Golden Light Draft fits the latter.

10-18-2005 00:14:05 | More by BeerBob
Phocion

2.08/5  rDev -10.3%

Since moving to Minnesota last spring I have seen this beer everywhere. Every party, every bar, everyone's refrigerator, etc. So a week ago I discovered a 12-pack sitting on my girlfriend's floor and was informed that nobody had touched it and nobody in her house likely ever would, so I decided to at least give it a shot. I have no idea what the origins of this 12-pack are, but I suppose that doesn't matter much.

Sort of interesting 12 oz. "ribbed" can. Poured into a pint glass fairly rough to see what kind of head I get. Clear pale straw color with a with a fizzy two-fingered white head that lasts roughly a minute and a half... better retention than I was expecting, and almost no lacing. For the style I guess the appearance isn't half-bad.

Light malty aroma. A tiny hint of caramel but mostly corn. Lots of corn. Nothing else.

The flavor is about the same as the aroma for the first sip. I took a much larger swallow my second time around and all I can taste is corn. Well, I guess it's better than no flavor at all... well, that's questionable.

Sharp, crisp mouthfeel, but that's about it. Watery, no body, and it feels like it's going to make me burp a lot. Typical light lager, no better, no worse. Drinkable in a desperate situation but even for the price I will never spend my own money on this beer. Let's just say if this was the last beer on earth, I'd switch to wine.

01-27-2008 04:05:01 | More by Phocion
aliving1

01-03-2012 05:26:31 | More by aliving1
hanco005

2.75/5  rDev +18.5%

I used to drink this beer quite a bit a few years ago before focusing on craft beer. My wife still likes this one a lot so I thought I should give it a review. A 12 ounce can with 21FEB06 and BF04 on the bottom, poured into a pilsner glass

A—pours golden yellow with a fizzy 1 inch head that fades away quickly, very slight lacing is produced around the glass

S—corn, straw, wheat, hay, grass, slightly sour, a touch sweet as well

T—hmm, nothing really sticking out, just a blend of grains, nothing offensive at all

M—thin, pretty flat actually, light bodied

D—my tastes have changed quite a bit over the past few years…not liking this one as much as I remember…needs more flavor, just too light. Still, it could do on a hot summer day by the pool.

04-14-2006 18:40:55 | More by hanco005
IchLiebeBierZu

1.75/5  rDev -24.6%

09-22-2013 18:11:05 | More by IchLiebeBierZu
Pug

05-23-2014 11:41:09 | More by Pug
umustdrink

2.88/5  rDev +24.1%

A can o' beer, found behind the couch.

A - Clear pale yellow color. Not as colorless as bud. Head is white and sits at a thick film. Hey what do we have here? Lacing all up and down the side of the glass! Some kind of anomaly in the glass?

S - Faint corn, wheaty smell, slightly bitter. Not as bad as bud.

T - Corny taste, slightly sweet. Slight metallic taste.

M - Thin consistency with elevated carbonation.

D - Better than bud, I'd say it's on par with PBR.

03-30-2007 02:59:13 | More by umustdrink
Snow81

2.45/5  rDev +5.6%

Appearance: Light yellow, golden!

Smell: Heavy grassy with a hint of a skunk note

Head: big white head, but dies out quickly

Taste: Grassy with a hint of skunk

Weight: very light washes down fast medium carbonation

Finish: Skunk, light grassiness, if you ask me if I want another, no thank you

03-19-2011 03:19:09 | More by Snow81

darklordlager

Wisconsin

1.7/5  rDev -26.7%

Michelob Golden Light
A: Poured into a pint glass a lemon yellow colour with a 1/2" bright white head after a vigourous pour. Lively cabonation bubbles from the bottom as the head disintegrates. Looks very crisp, not off-putting.

S: Lightly fruity lager yeast and corn. Perhaps a bit of lighter pale malt, but that's about it.

T: Tastes liked carbonated water infused with corn-sugar extract. Odd fake-sugar sweetness upfront which morphs into the corny, excessively carbonated watery finish. Twangy/aluminium taste comes about as it warms a bit. The corn becomes increasingly grainy as it warms a bit as well. Odd mild sourness permeates the character of this beer.

M: Lively carbonation, and extremely light body.

D: Really--although perhaps as a newly initiated college student I may have thought this palatable--it is absolutely horrible. Adjuncts combined with a few other unidentified ingredients make an attempt to make this tasteless, but end up making it taste like watered-down corn and grain. Not my finest beer tasting moment.

01-24-2010 09:53:12 | More by darklordlager
Leschber

07-24-2014 20:47:08 | More by Leschber
ForWhatAlesYou

1.7/5  rDev -26.7%

A: Light yellow color as to be expected of this style though not as drab or depressing as some.

S: Nothing but light grain.

T: Slight banana. Non-descript grain (corn, wheat, rice). A strange tang I assume is supposed to be hops?

M: Light and refreshing. Not much to note. Medium carbonation.

D: Like most light macro-brews this drinks like unflavored mineral water. I only review it because it is technically a beer.

12-28-2010 16:59:29 | More by ForWhatAlesYou